llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: a story is magic; release your magic and join my story  (Read 11483 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
a story is magic; release your magic and join my story
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2003, 10:14:03 PM »
Adel tells Gareth, "I think those Arrows are comming closer to our direction. we had better make a run for it"
"Adel I cannot run on this hurt leg. Our only hope is to stay still and hope that they do not find us. "
"and if they do find us?"
" I don't know."
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2003, 10:35:06 PM »
OOC I am guessing that no one feels like chatting right now.   is there no one out there???
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2003, 11:15:10 PM »
"We have money?"  Irinya was not pleased.  Nothing had been said to her about guarding a strongbox.  Just the goods.  She glanced at the merchant, who seemed to be one step away from wetting his pants.  "Did you forget to mention something on the job description?  Not that it matters."  She adressed the voice again.  "Ask him.  He didn't tell me.  But see, there's a little problem.  This jack-ass has arlready threatened to take the broken wheel out of our pay.  Doubtless he'll do the same if you take his money.  Now, quite frankly, I need that money."  She'd located the voice.  She pulled back an arrow.  "Maybe you should reconsider your request."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2003, 12:34:01 PM »
Gareth and Adel  make a run for it and they are spotted Gareth is limping badly Adel is overwhelmed and confused.  they quickly drop back down to the ground. Both breathing hardly. Gareth tells Adel " crawl to the edge of the forest as quickly as you can"

but Gareth What about you i can't just..."
 " Go Now... We" by this time he is gritting his teeth with pain struggling to say the words.
"we don't have time to argue Adel... I am right behind you. Now GO!"
Adel quickly does as she is told and begins heading towards the woods in the direction that the arrows are being both sent and recieved.  everythings seems to be going so fast.  Her thoughts lingerned not on the danger that she was heading in to, but instead on the last sight of the only place that she new as home.  she had known from the begining that she did not completly belong there.  Still she could not help but see the shambles that those things, those horrible things, left her only home.

She now grows closer to the forest and risks looking back to find Gareth. He is not there! she quickly turns her arms and elbows now badly cut from crawling snale-like on the ground. She was determined that he would  not leave her Now he is still her only true friend... she sees a rustle in the grass.
She conteplates could that be Gareth?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2003, 05:41:53 PM »
No, Not even Gareth could make noises such as this, No human could. If not Gareth then what? Another one of the disfigured beings. Was it possible that they could have followed them?  Adel feeling alone and frightened. Did nothing but retreat in to herself... the sound got closer she retreated deeper, her breathing that had been rough ragged breaths became controlled; her once anxious body became tense no longer. the sound came closer...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2003, 05:52:20 PM »
Irinya scowled.  Someone was making a hell of a racket, and to the side of whoever was shooting at them.  But heading in thier direction.  And then, the sounds stopped.  Something was very wrong.  She didn't like the feeling she suddenly got.  Something was out in the woods, besides the unseen assailant and whoever was moving around.  Something that had no right to be there, that shouldn't be there.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2003, 06:01:02 PM »
Adel could feel her self leaving her body It was strange to her yet it felt as though it was not teh first time. She searched... though she could feel the evil present. she only thinking of one thing pushed it aside...

She thought to herself "I must fine Gareth... there... she could feel his spirit, so weak... she called to him... "
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2003, 06:40:04 PM »
The woman in the woods became impatient.
"Where the hell is the gold, fat one?! I can shoot you in the head and I don't think anyone will mourn you!" she yelled.
She turned her head towards Adel's rustlings, nocking an arrow.
"And you! Freeze! I can see....What the hell is that?!" she yelled,
observing the bizarre shapes wriggling towards the girl.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2003, 11:02:10 PM »
Adel still in her trance like state was unaware of all that was happening around her.  Her only concern is Gareth with his life fading further and further away it was all she had to continue calling him back to the realm of the living.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2003, 11:27:44 PM »
Irinya looked over into the woods and sighed.  From the sounds, the sniper had also realized something was wrong.  Irinya glanced at the merchat.  "I'm going to see what's going on.  I suggest you get under that wagon before she makes good on her threat to shoot you, or I do it myself."  Hoping that the sniper would realize they apparently had a common problem, she made her way over to where whatever it was going on.  A girl was sitting there, seemingly unaware of her surroundings.  She was calling out to someone named Gareth.  Irinya presumed that Gareth was the man lying badly wounded a little ways away.
But what worried her were the several unpleasant-looking... things squirming towards the girl.  Others were perched on the unconsicous man.  Irinya didn't know what they were, only that they shouldn't be.  Whatever the ugly little creatures were, they weren't natural.  Disgusted, she shot the nearest one.  It made a horrible noise when it died.  The other things changed course, heading for her.  She shot six more, and then they were on top of her.  She dropped her bow and pulled her sword.  As she slashed at the things, which were now enraged, she caught sight of the sniper, who seemed to be staring with horrified fascination.  "A little help would be nice!" she shouted.  Suddenly one of the horrible little creatures leapt for her, and bit her, or whatever it did.  The pain was so intense she nearly dropped her sword.  She swore vehemently, and added more creatures to the steadily growing pile at her feet.  But they just kept coming, and Irinya realized it would only be a matter of time before she was overwhelmed.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2003, 11:48:39 PM »
Adel felt a great burden being lifted from Gareth; she could sense his spirit slowly awakening; with his awakening she could could feel herself becoming more aware of her surroundings some thing was wrong.... then she heard a horrifying scream and again she was with in herself, Quickly jumping to her feet she saw that the woman had taken the writhing creatures upon herself. Adel aware that it was this woman that had lifted th burden off of the weak Gareth found a new passion over whellming her. She slowly walked towards the creatures again seeming not to be herself only a spirit encased in the shell that once was Adel. She began speaking words of an ancient tounge; her eyes became that of a burning ember. Her face became pale and drawn; her fists clentched tightly; she opened her hand; upon her palm stood the same fire that was eating in her eyes. She speaking one last cursed word through the fire upon the squirming darkend shadows; many of the creatures seemed to explode in to a rage of fire only to disintegrate. However,the creatures were growing too rapidly for her undeveloped Magic to fight alone. she may have slowed the battle but it was yet to be won...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2003, 02:15:03 AM »
((OOC:  Is anyone familiar with the concept of a Zergling rush?  That's what I'm picturing this combat as.))

Wellwellwell.  Irinya became aware that the girl had snapped out of her trance-like state, and had done something powerful.  Several of the creatures abruptly disintigrated.  That allowed Irinya to catch her breath and start hacking away anew.  The creatures had apparently decided that the girl was also a threat; some of them started after her, but most kept coming after Irinya.  She was making a sizable dent in their numbers, but it couldn't last.  Either they'd overwhelm her with sheer numbers, or she'd drop from exhaustion.  This was not turning out to be a good day.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2003, 05:55:10 PM »
OOC: I thought only me and Da Wergyling played StarCraft?

The other two seemed to be having quite a battle. Oh well. No time for gold now. The woman loosed an arrow into the fray, and then another.
SKREEEEE-LI! came a cry from one of the repugnant little shadows.
She moved quietly around the battlefield to a better vantage point and beheld Adel's blast of power. Perhaps I shouldn't mess with the girl. She doesn't seem to have anything of value anyway.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2003, 12:34:55 PM »
ooc: Maybe it is just me but i have no idea what you guys are talking about... Z what? Do yu have a website I can go to so that I know too?

Adel again struck some of the creatures with her magical fire turning them immediately to dust. Gareth was now stiring only half awake...thoughhe could see the battle before him it did not register in his mind... feeling weak and sickly he laid his bleeding head onceagain to the earth... the woman was still fighting fiercly though her strength was quickly deminishing... Adel for a third time struck out against the black shadow like creatures... however her strength too was slowly deminishing...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2003, 04:26:30 PM »
OOC: Though this isn't the place to discuss it, StarCraft is a sci-fi strategy computer game from Blizzard Entertainment. Zerglings are little dog-like aliens. I like playing as Zerg.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2003, 05:22:00 PM »
((OOC: Zerglings are very small, very weak, and extremely cheap and fast to make.  Usually an opponent is hit with a force of upwards of a hundred zerglings or so, hence the "Zergling Rush"))

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2003, 07:59:41 AM »
OOC: thanks for the info! sounds interesting I might have to look into it!!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2003, 10:56:48 PM »
Irinya was flagging.  She couldn't keep this up much longer.  The girl had incinerated quite a few, and it seemed like the would-be bandit was also killing some.  Hopefully, between the three of them, they could outlast the d**n critters.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2003, 11:12:20 PM »
the three continued the there battle when suddenly the creatures began to back off.  Though this gave the impression off hope for the travelers the creatures dissappeared as quickly as they came leaving the forest quite perhaps too quite...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2003, 11:25:33 PM »
Irinya looked around.  The little things had scampered, but in such a way that made her very nervous.  If something worse showed up, they were more or less done for.  They had killed so many of the things that they were in heaps across the clearing, and there was scarcely room to move around.  She figured she had about ten minutes worth of energy left, is she was careful, before she collapsed.  She'd been bitten three times, and was already realizing that the bites would require some attention.  "Y'know, it might not be a good idea to hang 'round here much longer.  This ain't a place any of us should be."  She glanced at the girl.  "C'mon, girl.  I'll bully my employer into lettin' you and your gentleman friend ride into town with us."  She looked at the bandit.  "Naturally, I can't really make the same offer to you."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2003, 11:31:07 PM »
The girl nodded in no shape to do much elsethe inexperienced use of her magic had taken it's toll on her frail body.  She knew also that Gareth needed seroius medical attention and if he didn't recieve it soon she may never know the truth of her heritage.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2003, 06:57:01 PM »
She tried to carry Gareth because his strenghth was in worse shape than hers. knowing that they must find shelter and quickly she sees smoke coming from a clearring in the forest she yells towards the others to head for it hoping that their they might find the help they need.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2003, 10:58:40 PM »
Gareth fell to the forest floor; they were all weak and the intense silence  was enough to drive a man mad.  Adel was breathing harshly; she clutched the medallion that was loosely hanging round her neck some one was approaching she tried to shuffle the others into the brush...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2003, 11:04:18 PM »
Irinya was alert; there had already been several things that she didn't like.  They weren't far from the wagon, but far enough.  There was no way they could get to it before the person got there.  And, of course, the fools who had stayed didn't hear anything; they didn't even have their weapons drawn.  But they had to get out of the forest soon; both the girl and her young man were going to need some serious medical care, and Irinya wasn't too sure she wouldn't.  As the young man fell, Irinya moved forward to stop the girl.  "I've got him," she whispered.  She helped the man to his feet and allowed him to lean heavily on her.  The two of them followed the girl into the brush, and waited to see what was coming.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2003, 11:10:55 PM »
The shadowy woman leapt from the trees down next to Irinya.
"Hey! Looks like you could use some help with helping them. Or am I helping you, helping them, helping you? Whatever. Call me deHansen." she said, walking towards Gareth and Adel.