llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: a story is magic; release your magic and join my story  (Read 12013 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
a story is magic; release your magic and join my story
« on: April 13, 2003, 12:01:12 AM »
Once upon a time. Yes, that is how I will begin after all that is how most tales of this sort begin.  Once upon a time there was a young girl she was found on the wayside by strangers, husband and wife, they happened upon her and her mother.  

Her mother had been terribly injured. her slow gasping breaths revealed the inward struggle that she was fighting to hold on to her very life.     The strangers cautiously ran to her aid looking for the brutal force that could be behimd this masacre, the child's mother grabed the wife's cloak with what liitle strenghth that was left for her to give. She said "woman, I now not your name or your situation, but I do beseech you care for my child, my Adel,"  the wife tried to comfort her but to no avail the mother no longer looking at her more like looking through her continuing with her constant  pleading in her slow rasping vioce, "my Adel, care my Adel, promise."  The wife, knowing that the mother would not rest peacefully until her child was cared for, the wife replied, "I promise I will care for your child, your Adel" " the mother wispered looking again into her eyes, it was then that the wife saw the complete desperation in the eyes of the mother as she struggled to allow the words to fall out of her mouth,  "care for her until it is her time," the wife asked "what do  you mean until it is her time? time for what?" with this the mother took her last breath and with the wifes promise her hand fell silently from the the wifes cloak to which it was so sternly clutching only a moment ago, her eyes turned a lifeless, stealy gray; as the slow mark of death was forced upon her.

The husband reached for his wife who now was sobbing she stated with a new determination, "the child we must care for the child, raise it as our own will you love her husband" the husband replied, "as she was my own."

They came toward the child only to find a cat crouched over her. The cat was very peculliar it was blondish in color andeyes diffrent in color one green and the other blue. Those eyes bore in to the two travelers it was like through those eyes he was communicating with them.  This cat had personality and purpose. He was in an deffensive possition, and would not let the humans take the child. They tried to kick it out of the way, bribe it by throwing food at it.  Then finally the husband approached, with a sudden flash the cat left it's mark right across his face. The cat then returned to his low protective possiton. The wife then spoke to the cat she pleaded, "We mean the child no harm, we only want to care for the her.  You may come too Gareth, make your home with us. "  At that moment the husband looked up and said, "what did you call him?" "Gareth, I don't know why but it fits; it is almost like I knew his name was Gareth" I only said something because I to would have adresses him as Gareth, also." with this understanding, Gareth allowed them to pick the child up.  

They noticed that she must have elven blood running through her veins. She looked human enough, however, her ears were slightly pionted, and her eyes, were the color of leaves in mid-summer.  The husband whispered to his wife, " I do wonder what this child could live through that her mother, bless her soul, could not.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 09:03:38 AM »
Ah, I see you formatted it.
...Much better. Thank you.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 12:57:31 PM »
I am dreadfully sorry about the paragraphs I willl try to do better.  sometimes my mind thinks faster than my fingers and I miss things like that! :lol:
what do you think of the story so far minus the lack of paragraphs. :?:
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 02:08:07 PM »
Is that better I addded paragraphs and cleaned it up a little(it needed it) Kassil (hope I spelled that right).  I actually appreciate your telling me. How else will I learn than through others telling me my flaws.  However there is something known as constructive criticism, you know where you speak of strenghths as well as weaknesses.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 02:11:28 PM »
I am glad you approve Kassil :D  please feel free to tell me any other  mistakes that I make after all that is how one learns! :wink:
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 04:07:02 PM »
(ooc: Mark your out-of-character messages with an ooc:, allright? It's easier to understand)

Years later.....

"Ah, dammit!"
Boots pound down the path toward the wagon.
"The wheel is broken! I think we struck a stone!" says a man dressed in traveller's garb. "We'll need to stop to fix it, milord."
"No! I can't have this! I need to get these goods to Fandar by moonsrise! Oh, be me thrice cursed by the Emperor!" rants the merchant, flailing about his arms. "Why did we even go through this godsforsaken forest, anyway? And couldn't we have just skipped this backwater kingdom in the first place?"
"Milord, I believe it was you who wanted to trade in this kingdom."
They didn't know that eyes were upon them.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 06:02:16 PM »
Irinya gritted her teeth.  This fat, foolish merchant was seriously beginning to annoy her.  "Milord, I believe we warned you that you should allow extra time in case something happened.  As it has."  That wasn't the only suggestion the man had ignored.  Irinya decided that if she was at home, she would be throwing darts at a picture of the merchant.  Or knives.  That was an idea...
As the merchant ranted on, she exchanged a look with her partner.  I really hate this guy, she mouthed at him.  Then the merchant turned away from her, and she made a face at his back.  If the merchant kept it up much longer, she was going to hurt somebody.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2003, 06:38:20 PM »
"Fix it faster! How long can it take to replace a wheel?!" shouts the merchant, pacing left and right.
Ready....
"This is coming out of all of your pay!"
Aim
"How could I have possibly been stuck with such imbeciles?"
Fire!
A long, purple-feathered arrow thuds into the wooden frame of the wagon, directly adjacent to the merchant's head.
"I wouldn't move if I were you! I can hit the eye of a lizard from ten feet away!" shouts a voice from the trees.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 06:48:45 PM »
ooc: Hey you guys I was giong to edit one of my replies and deciced instead to write a lengthy part of the story however when I tried to post it it said invalid session why?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »
(ooc: Your internet connection could have stopped while you were typing...That happens to me alot cuz my computer sucks a gorilla's ass)

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2003, 07:29:54 PM »
sucks a gorilla's ass?

Thers an expression you dont hear everyday.
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2003, 07:31:45 PM »
ooc: Deal with it, milord. I'm eating pie right now.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2003, 07:52:24 PM »
(ooc: Oh well, I can always retype it later let me just give you an over view about what happened you know without all the "pretty words"  time passed and it is now nearing Adels birthday her mom has gone out and gotten her a new dress even thoug she doesnt wear dressesher mother wants her to find a good man but adel has different dreams on her mind she kinda has conversations with Gareth but there obviously one sided teh next morning she wakes and begins to get ready for her party she begins to talk to gareth asking how she looked only this time she swore she actually heard him speak back(say wow).

At hearing this he ran from the room to say that the time is nearing that he must prepare and that they will get the book first and then go to the home of her fore fathers the land of Andros her party is going on gareth relishes in the fact that Adel does not seem interested in any of the young men.  he gets her attention and leads her outside their he disappears into some bushes she cannot find him he whispers some magic words and she repeats what she heard. her mother calls and she leaves after she leaves a strange green light came. a man comes from behind th bushes dresses with the clothes he found and approaches the party.  when he arrives all stop and stare. he is a really handsome guy, obviously elven, with sandy blonde hair that falls just past his shoulders.  adel invites him in and they dance to a waltz she finnaly realizes who he is then he abruptly says to meet him later under th willow tree.  she does so even before the party is over when all of a sudden there is a thunderous sound at the party  before any thing can be explained they rush back to the party to see twisted and disfigured creatures attacking the guests gareth grabs Adel an forces her to flee one of the creatures spots them and attacks them Gareth hurridely kills it but is hurt in doing so leaning on Adel he runs as fast has his hurt leg will allow them  gareth and Adel Run for two days straight with little sleep they have plenty of food supplies but little of anything else they happen upon a small  home and enter in hoping to find shelter.  were they are met by strangers that seem freindly enough but as aways apearances can be decieving Adel is perhaps to trustig but Gareth is not trusting at all.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2003, 07:55:26 PM »
OOC: sorry you guys I didn't even read thereplies I had no idea that you guys all ready began writing in to the story will go from were you guys left off if you like :oops:
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2003, 08:04:53 PM »
OOC: Yes....Eh...Well, since we weren't actually going anywhere yet, but instead were in a forest with some merchant, that would probably be better.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2003, 08:09:32 PM »
OOC :fine with me since I am new at this whole role playin thing I will let you begin kay.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2003, 08:13:01 PM »
OOC: You're NEW to roleplaying!? We already have begun.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2003, 08:24:12 PM »
OOC Yes I Am New This is my first time. My friend told me to give it a try... so I did.couldn't you tell my not knowing about the Invalid sesssion and "OOC"

Adel sees the merchant in the distance and whispers to Gareth."keep low."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2003, 08:25:12 PM »
OOC: Well, not all roleplaying is online, silly!

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2003, 08:29:34 PM »
OOC: "Silly been a long time as I heard that one still not as corful as "sucks gorilla's ass"  your suprised that I haven't done role playing before?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2003, 08:36:36 PM »
((OOC: It's just a little surprising here.  But don't worry.  You'll get the hang of it soon.))

Irinya looked up sharply as the arrow thudded into the wood.  Pity it wasn't a little to the left.  But she raised her own bow.  "I'm not such a bad shot myself," she called back at the voice.  "You wanna maybe come out here and tell us why you're shooting at us?"  Or just keep making noise.  Makes it easier to locate you.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2003, 08:43:40 PM »
Gareth replies to Adel, " why are they shooting at each other" can you see who it is?"
"maybe if were still they won't see us!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2003, 08:53:17 PM »
" I see a fat and ugly merchant, and a woman a very dangerous looking woman.... several others that are now cowering at the side of the wagon I believe they have a broken wheel.... they are shouting at each other threats I think."

"be quite now I think someone is comming!" exclaimed gareth.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2003, 09:24:45 PM »
OCC: well it is time for me to get outta here I will try to post tomorrow. farewell! :D
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2003, 09:27:40 PM »
"If you'll kindly tell me where your corpulent employer stows his coin, and if you'll stow the gab, I'll be on my way!" says the voice from the wood, now identifiable as a pleasant female voice with a sunny tone. Two more arrows fly from the trees, one striking to the other side of the merchant's head, and the other punching through the canvas of the wagon.