llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: One of my sillier ideas... (help needed)  (Read 691 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
One of my sillier ideas... (help needed)
« on: September 22, 2006, 07:45:20 PM »
Historicly, we have had plenty of rl groups like the Taliban and the Puritans who supressed anything which was in any way fun. What if there was some group that was the opposite? (which in time would cause problems of it's own for the civilians under their control.) Ideas are wanted for how such a group might spring up in the first place. :)

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: One of my sillier ideas... (help needed)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 10:31:48 PM »
Anarcho-hedonists?  Like the anarchist forces in the Spanish Civil War, where soldiers were never forced to do anything unless they wanted to, and hedonists of legend.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 11:18:49 PM »
The Nitukkarists-
Followers of the philosopher Nitukka Hprulakk's philosophy of the Age of Now, the Nitukkarists believe that all people live in a fog of thought, and that the ultimate goal of human existence should be the freeing of the self from the fog of normality by indulging in sensation.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 12:15:05 AM »
I suppose some RL anti-puritanical groups do exist.

First and foremost...hippies. C'mon. Pony beads, VW mini-buses, mind altering drugs, promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners, getting stoned at the drop of a hat, playing guitars around campfires and protesting things that suck, like wars and big government and oppression and stuff.

The Roman Catholic Church - while not like the hippies, Catholics can drink, dance, and who do you think came up with Mardi Gras in the first place? The Puritans were a splinter group who thought that the mainline protestants, people who opposed the gold and wine and other percieved material offences of the Catholic church were themselves entirely too free and loose. Oh yeah, and you don't have to find Jesus either...they know where he is.  :lol:

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity