llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Meat preservation for GMs  (Read 1217 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Meat preservation for GMs
« on: September 17, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
I read item of Scrasamax, something with "Axtrami" in it and thought "Hey, that sounds like Pastrami". Then I thought "what the heck does Pastrami mean anyways? How is it made?", so I looked it up. And from an item of Scras' through this train of thought, I came upon this link: http://home.howstuffworks.com/question298.htm which explains in vivid detail all you ever wanted to know about Pastrami, and then some more about meat preservation.

As a GM your players are going to run out of food. They are going to want to hunt, to survive on their own, perhaps even build a settlement of their own.

That is why you need to know stuff like this.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: Meat preservation for GMs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »
You know...I thought about the whole Axtrami-Pastrami continuum when I was writing this sub...

I am impressed!

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: Meat preservation for GMs
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 02:46:22 AM »
Just a bit more useless information: there is a third way of salting meat, which is actually injecting brine into it with a special syringe which has perforations along the sides of the needle. This gets the salt through the meat more evenly and penetrates it more deeply, thus quickening the process of brining.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.