llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: In Ye Alehouse of Ye Rudde Draggon  (Read 962 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild
    • Awards
In Ye Alehouse of Ye Rudde Draggon
« on: September 15, 2006, 12:55:44 PM »
In a fit of masochism, I was considering writing an adventure to mock all the old clichés.  What else needs to be added:

The Plot:

There you were, sitting with a bunch of guys that you just met in the Red Dragon Inn, when a mysterious stranger comes in and hires you stop an insane necromancer that plans to take over the kingdom.  He explains that you need to stop him from sacrificing a princess to the lord of the dead and summoning an army of undead.  Unfortunately, he was then slain by a scimitar-wielding drow assassin in a lack cloak.  After you kill the assassin, you set out on your quest.  While traveling through the forest to your destination, you are attacked by bandits, who have a map to the secret entrance of the necromancer’s cavern stronghold.  Once there, you find your way blocked by a giant chessboard trap.  You bypass the trap just in time to stop the necromancer from sacrificing his victim.

Clichés I didn’t find room for (yet):
Barkeep is a stocky man with a handlebar mustache polishing the glasses and a crossbow behind the bar.
A brawl breaks out with Bob and Joe, the barbarians in the inn.
The town is destroyed by undead.

"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: In Ye Alehouse of Ye Rudde Draggon
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
 :P

Throw in a grumpy dwarf, an aloof elf, and a +5 Holy Avenger (which the Necromancer just HAS to have in his hoard, for no rhyme or reason) and your all set!

Hmmmm...I can tell you want to join our Old-School RP, Wulf...I know you do! :up:

Screw work and responsibilities! Play with us!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 01:25:49 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 04:31:21 PM »
Murometz is on a recruitment drive!

Well, have the Holy Avenger + 5 in the necromancer's hoard be stolen by an annoying little Hobbit, errr I mean Halfling that for years has served as the necromancer's mistreated aide. Now the poor thing has a lisp and is obsessed by the blade to such a degree that it now calls it his most preciouss blade. The Adventurers has to stalk it through the countryside before they finally corner him in his trap infested subterrenean lair that was commissioned by the Thief Guild. (The Halfling is the long lost favourite of the Guild Leader who will want revenge if they manage to slay the Halfling).

Cliche complete
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:34:50 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:38:32 PM »
Don't forget the barbarian from the icy climes of the North (indeed, all barbarians are from the icy climes of the North).  He is large, muscular, Aryan, and shirtless.  His motives aren't exactly clear (it's hard to understand him with that thick accent), but it seems he's content to just kill things with his massive sword.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 02:30:16 PM »
And that Holy Avenger better be at least 3x the size of the hobbit or it wouldn't look cool.
One can cure oneself of the not un- formation by memorizing this sentence: A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.  Orwell

(13:23:49) (Chinchillas): See? You can write like an 4$$h013 when you're not writing like a pompous 4$$h013.