llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: OOC: Back in the Day...  (Read 107622 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: OOC: Back in the Day...
« Reply #975 on: April 03, 2012, 09:51:15 PM »
There used to be a dice icon  :(
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Locations Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #976 on: April 04, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »
distances and dynamics:

The hyaenodon is about 80 yds from Kadarin and closing, not 50, sorry...reason being, it picked up the scent a while ago, and was "meandering" its way in a side-ways sort of fashion (like a lot of predators who pretend they have no interest, just before they pounce).

Ogres (the 4 armed and armored ones + leader) are about 240 yards from closest AuR'er (Vorodon).

Vorodon, in turn, is about 60 yds from Kadarin and Mouse's position, so not far at all.

Human soldiers are nearing faster than the 5 ogres. Their camp was closer. They are also heading toward Vorodon (generally speaking), as they spotted him once he yelled.

Kyrian, Adan, and the carpeted-lord Waltor Reymar are not yet in site of the ogres and humans (due to hill angles and such) but will be momentarily.

d**n, i wish i had a map for this!! :)

Basically, in moments (minute or so) either some fast-talking or some bloody fighting, will commence for all.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Online EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Master Questor Elite Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #977 on: April 04, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »
Well, with dog, ogres and soldiers, it's pretty busy up there. Also: Kyrian, armor, progress?
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #978 on: April 04, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »
Breast-plate almost securely in place  :up:...you have time to don about 3/4 of your armor, before the general assault, minus a greave or two
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Master Questor Elite Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #979 on: April 05, 2012, 02:40:41 AM »
Count the armor as AC 3 instead of AC 1 for this engagement, then.

Also: Bull's Strength has a duration in hours in this edition?
[roll 1d4+1] for the bonus.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:52:02 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #980 on: April 09, 2012, 12:04:46 PM »
Will be back and posting full-force by tomorrow (Tuesday)!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #981 on: April 12, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »
Does anyone feel like dying? New PCs are asking to join

(don't panic, just asking :P)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #982 on: April 14, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
bleh, I missed them standing down while I was sleeping the night before, and we were making tactics. Hell, I think I missed a full round's worth. Would have made different decisions. Oh well. cest la vie. Will post later today.

Online Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #983 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
 Hey SnO, I need the name of one of the kin slain by Adan. Dujek can play insane... :D
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #984 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
You can always mention Lyle "the Vile" Hellschwert
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #985 on: April 18, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »
bleh, I missed them standing down while I was sleeping the night before, and we were making tactics. Hell, I think I missed a full round's worth. Would have made different decisions. Oh well. cest la vie. Will post later today.

When one of the Adventurers-Upon-Return offers the chance to parley, a wise man doesn't delay!

"Stand down!  One... Two... Three..."
(BooooOOOooOoooom!)
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #986 on: April 18, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »
Hey SnO, I need the name of one of the kin slain by Adan. Dujek can play insane... :D

Haha, I lost the family tree. ;( Give me a bit to look it up.

Close enough, and a short line of succession for the duchy just to give Muro it to work with:
Sira (Great-Grandmother)
Rudi (Grandfather)
Nial (Father) -- Alair (Mother)
  • Rhys (son)
  • Thea (daughter)
  • Aron (son)
  • Lyle, the Serpent (son)
  • Adan (son)
  • Gwyn (daughter)
Aron got killed by Adan, tricked by Lyle, Nial and (I presume) Alair by Lyle's handiwork. Adan and Gwyn are fraternal twins. 
It would not take very much of a gather information check to know that there's a legendary holy sword at the capital that is involved in annointing the Duke (a currently empty position, thus a matter of general discussion ) in some fashion, and that all of the Duke's family is expected to be an able swordsman, even and especially the women.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:05:57 PM by Siren no Orakio »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #987 on: April 18, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »
furthermore, (this feels like GoT for some reason lol) Gwyn is currently being held captive at the castle of the Von Hellen Duke, Lokknar.

Lyle is said to be roaming the battle-lands somewhere, mad asa hatter, cackling, drooling and muttering, and spurring on the mysterious glass-jar cultists with their odious vials of demo-goo. He has betrayed his own kin in The Feud, and is now looking to unleash hell upon the Hellschwerts, and anyone else for that matter, in general.

The Von Hellens (having no doubt entered into bizarre pacts with denizens of Tarterus) have gone mad, and assault and siege the castles of the Hellschwerts. The latter are slowly losing, and the former, ever-emboldened by their demonic allies, edge closer to victory.

The blade of which Adan speaks, lies in the Hellschwert's main castle and familial domain. This mighty keep is also currently besieged by Von Hellen's lords.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #988 on: April 19, 2012, 01:51:28 AM »
Ain't the von Hellen duke the guy who gave Kyrian his spurs?

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #989 on: April 19, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »

It's a source of intraparty tension, yes. :D

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #990 on: April 19, 2012, 06:31:44 AM »

It's a source of intraparty tension, yes. :D

Duh. I just hacked up one of his men-at-arms and smacked his commander >.< But, if it ever comes to it, I'll show Lokknar Theoderich von Hellen my character sheet and point to my WIS stat.

Online Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #991 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
So I guess my plan to start giggling and telling the villagers that Dujek was hired by Aron to avenge his death isn't going to happen now.  I need to get internet once I fix my motorcycle.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #992 on: April 19, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »
I promise a post on the 'morrow. My schedule seems to ramp up to insanity the instant I commit to an online RP. But with a Friday, I can totally come up with something.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #993 on: April 24, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »
Oops, forgot. Kyrian found this letter in Lord Reymar's tent.

Lord Reymar,
I pray the raven finds you well. I write news of the siege as promised. Odilo Brunn has tired of waiting and is building his catapults. Six engines in all, monstrous specimens, able to hurl hill-sized boulders, by the looks of them. Another raven will soon arrive; Odilo Brunn sends you word himself. He bids the ogres to return to Ashe Keep, and requests you to remain with the dam. He seeks to reap all the glory. Ashe Keep should fall within a fortnight.

X.X.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #994 on: May 15, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »
Bueller...  Bueller... 
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #995 on: May 15, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »
Inorite?
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Online EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #996 on: May 16, 2012, 02:17:42 AM »
Rrrreporting in.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #997 on: May 16, 2012, 07:11:49 AM »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #998 on: May 16, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
Stabbity stab stab.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #999 on: May 17, 2012, 04:59:06 AM »
Yes please.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4