llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: OOC: Back in the Day...  (Read 107471 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Back in the Day...
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2006, 05:45:44 PM »
Post Battle Hit Points:

Full- Talia, Aerex, Dujek

Not Full: Vee, Aethesltan

In a Bad Way- Moruz, Tristan
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »
Talia gets *25 bonus XP*...nice revenge ritual!!

Dujek gets *25 bonus XP*...for creative spellcasting! :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 07:47:17 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2006, 09:00:18 PM »
I see the fingers weren't enough for you, Muro! You had to taste more blood!  :P

So... someone should do a thorough search for phat lootz! If Moruz is to lose fingers and a toe over this, he wants as much lootz and xp as he can get! :D
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2006, 10:29:33 PM »
--loot  :P

--Pariah, I love that your introducing the element of magic into the game, but you do realize, that you cant cast more than 1 spell per day right? you need rest...then you can summon gut-demons again tomorrow to your heart's delight. BTW, how does that gut-creature spell work anyway?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2006, 10:50:19 PM »
Animate Parts
Necromancy
Level: Clr 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: One or more body parts touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell allows you to animate dead body parts, granting them unlife and mobility. The parts to be animated must come from a humanoid of Medium size who died within 1 day per caster level. Once animated, the body parts are completely under your control. They can obey only simple commands such as “Attack” or “Stay here” (the exception to this is if you animate a necerebro, which is quite intelligent). You may animate a total number of undead body parts equal to your caster level with a single casting of this spell. No mater how many times you cast this spell, you can control only up to half your caster level in Hit Dice of undead body parts. Undead created by this spell do not count towards the limit for other spells, such as animate dead.
Use the statistics for the indicated creature, based upon what body part(s) you animate (statistics for these creature can be found here):Origins

Deathgut
Small Undead
Hit Dice: 2d12 (13 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 13 (+1 size, +2 Dex), touch 13, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-2
Attack: Tentacle +4 melee (1d3+2 plus 1d3 acid)
Full Attack: Tentacle +4 melee (1d3+2 plus 1d3 acid)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Acid, constrict 1d3+2 plus 1d3 acid, improved grab
Special Qualities: Blindsense 30 ft., undead traits
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con —, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 4
Skills: Hide +11, Move Silently +7, Search +4, Spot +4, Swim +5
Feats: Great Fortitude
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or digestion (2-7)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

An oozing pile of some revolting substance sits on the ground. Without warning, it lashes out towards you with a slick tentacle.

A deathgut is a revolting undead creature created from the organs of a freshly killed humanoid. It constantly oozes and bubbles, its body covered in a caustic acid. Deathguts, unlike other corpus morti, are active hunters, and unchecked deathguts are often evil, killing any living creature it comes into contact with. Although it actually needs very little to survive, a deathgut will consume anything it encounters, adding the slain creature’s organs into its mass.

Deathguts are the most difficult corpus morti to control, as their natural instinct is to attack everything. If a necromancer is not careful, he could very easily wind up being a victim to his own familiar. Deathguts do not speak, but they understand any languages spoken by their creator. An average deathgut weighs about 25 pounds.

Combat
Deathguts, if left uncontrolled, attack anything they view as food. They usually grapple an opponent and try to dissolve it as quickly as possible with their acid.

Acid (Ex): A deathgut secretes a digestive acid that dissolves only flesh. Any melee hit or constrict attack deals acid damage.

Constrict (Ex): A deathgut deals automatic tentacle and acid damage with a successful grapple check.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a deathgut must hit with its tentacle attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Also, I guess it's all in 3 or 3.5 Muro, and I never played 1st, so you's gets to convert.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2006, 12:30:29 AM »
Okay, XP totals, not counting any lootz, since we don't know what we'll get for that until we sell them.

Me, Dozus, Wulf, and Pariah each have 375 xp after rounding.
Shadow and Scras have 350.
Chaos has 166.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2006, 12:55:16 AM »
Sweet!

--anyone interested in the Flindbar? If nothing else, its an extremely rare weapon to come across. Only flinds use it effectively, though rumors of human warriors who have mastered the fighting style exist.

--Interested or not, you may add 30 XP for it now. If you sell it to that guy who's 'worlds greatest weapon collection' is missing only that 'dang Flindbar' and get mucho gold, you'll get more xp later.

--4 Master-work dwarven axes. Master-work means, they are top quality, perfectly crafted weapons. They could bring nice coin.

--You know, now that I think about it, a restful rendezvous in town as you hatch your "plan" is not a bad idea..your choice, no matter to me. Then again, Ganse is a sorry town.

--the dwarf had NO valuables on him, none. Except 1 gold coin, Dujek found when he gutted him, and a plain pearl earring Aerex found while contemplating decapitation. (value-??). The Flind bore a necklace of various teeth(value-??), but like the  dwarf, the gnoll apparently chose NOT to bring his "treasure" along on its midnight mission of murder...sorry

--what else folks?..now is the time for questions and clarity.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:30:46 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2006, 01:05:24 AM »
Okay, then counting the flindbar, we have new totals.

Me, Dozus, Pariah, and Wulf have 380.
Scras and Shadow have 355.
Chaos has 171.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2006, 01:40:15 AM »
Alright peeps, we have been making some rookie mistakes.

We have no plan for facing combat. Clerics and rogues were nailed on the front line and our warrior had to stand alone. That is a bad strategy. We need to regroup and figure out how we are going to face combat when we have more to face than a badass dwarf and a flind. At this point a band of goblins could kick our collective butts.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2006, 07:33:36 AM »
Honestly, it's rather good that I'm incapacitated. My grandmother passed away last night, and so I'll be leaving tonight. No clue when I'll be back. Sorry lady and gents.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »
You have my condolances Chaosmark.  It's never an easy thing.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
Back in the Day... New character posting
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2006, 10:36:20 AM »
Name: Kadarin
Player: Valadaar
Class: Magic User(Mage)
Race: Human

Attributes

Str 10
Dex 15
Con 13
Int 16
Wis 9
Cha 12

Weapon Skills:
(you're kidding, right?)
Sling

Other Skills:

Swimming
Diplomacy
Perception
Magecraft
Alchemy
Research
Prestigitation (non-magic)
Riding

Appearance:

Kadaran is a rather non-descript young man of 20 years.  He is tall, slightly underweight and has the pallor of one who has
spent too much time in front of books and out of the sun.  Generally quiet and unimposing, this is further reinforced by the
drab grey robe he wears.  His bear head sports a crown of generally dishevaled black hair, and grey blue eyes look out from
under the disordered bangs.

Background:

Kadarin has not always been a bookworm. Born of a poor familiy, he spent much time on the streets, supplimenting his family's
mean income however he could manage.  Facinated by magic, he taught himself slight of hand, with some help from a local rogue.
He also read up on as much Alchemy as he could find, and spent a great deal of time trying to poison rats and insects.
Real magic, Kadarin thought, was a door closed to him.  Amused by his nephew's skills, Kadarin's uncle, a local 'buisnessman'
with many links to organized crime, sponsored Kadarin into true magic studies.  With his uncle as a patron, he quickly excelled
in his training.  He did, however, come out of his training with a rather large debt with his Uncle.  When asked, his uncle simply said
"Don't worry, when the time comes, I'm sure you'll pay me back.  We have plans."  He would not elaborate further, and Kadarin did
not press the matter.

Now Kadarin is obesessed with settling accounts with his uncle, on his own terms.  He fears that the payment will cost him more than
gold, as he knows his uncle is not a good man.  Kadarin wants to accumulate enough gold to cancel his debt before his uncle names his
price....

Spells known:

Sleep
Read Magic
Identify
Armor (Unearthed arcana - AC 8 until damaged)
Comprehend Languages
Enlarge

<Hmm, 3.5 spells can be adapted... May need to change this list later :) >

Equipment:

Dull Grey Robes(worn)
Leather boots
Bright Blue robes (carried)
Leather pack
Bedroll & blanket
Spell book
Components pouch
Backup componets pouch(hidden in robe lining)
Paper & charcoal
Tinderbox

Metal-shod (both ends) oaken staff.
Sling & 12 carefully selected stones.
Standing Orders Table
Surprise Attack - Toss staff to attacker. Take cover, including using other persons
Basic Attack - Will take cover behind other persons/objects as available. Will fire sling stones when clear of immediate threat.
Attack of Opportunity - If at sling range, will fire, otherwise help others.  Spells too precious to use without direct thought :)
Injured - Scream and run
Injury - Apply direct pressure and hope it wasn't the cleric who dropped.
Special - Will ALWAYS try and figure something out in the situation at hand before acting. Has too few hp, spells and weapons to ever act rashly
[/color]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 12:42:17 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2006, 11:10:49 AM »
Guys, we REALLY SHOULD STOP AND REST.  Several of us are injured, We're out of spells (except a few cantrips) and Tristan looks like 5 miles of bad road.  Let's finish this cave at full hp and spells!

Please!  I've been in two near TPKs in the last couple of years and both started out looking like this.
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2006, 11:29:14 AM »
I agree with Wulf - lets take a pause either at the fork in the cave, or even back outside. Regroup, plan out future battle-tactics, and hell - get to know the new guy! I mean, come on - we've not spoken a word to him before rushing off into an unknown cave, plus he's back outside, cheek half-ripped off. It certainly doesn't seem in character for any one of the party members to go rushing off into a cave with half the group nearly dead, the other half without spells and with no idea what's going on in there - no matter how little they know each other.
Perhaps send ONE scout in to check for immediate danger, but not to engage further threats.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2006, 11:49:06 AM »
We need to head back to town, and turn in the heads of Red Hatchet (bringing the beard too) as well as the heads of BOTH flinds. This could net us some credit with the local authorities, as well as some more GP if there is a reward. we could re-equip, see if Ganse has the equivalent of an arms and armor shop, or a place to pick up some healing potions.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2006, 12:59:33 PM »
None of us can see in the dark, so any scout would have to carry a light source.  The probability his going unnoticed is low. 

I recommend that we retreat to a safe location with good lines of sight and maintain a cold camp there. Something like a thicket, where the brush will hide us and allow us some shelter against the storm.  In the morning, rested and with a full spell loadout, we can complete the exploration of the caverns before returning to town to refit.
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2006, 02:53:05 PM »
While we're in town, I would like to see some of our cash used to pick up decent armor for Talia (at least Studded Leather).  I could use a cloak and a shield.
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »
Muro, I am going to get me a familar.  I'd kinda like something cute and cuddly...  Like this.  But I could really care less if you gave me something weird, like the three eyed marmaset of cambodia, or some such drivel.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2006, 04:03:29 PM »
I cant wait to roll on the old school table of familiars! :P

what is your alignment btw? (need to know for familiar)

spell ritual GM post coming up shortly!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2006, 06:20:36 PM »
Can't find a buyer? We could make this could work for us...

"Thou Clay-Brained Caitiff!  Reveal to us what we demand of thee, or thou shalt face the Accursed Codpiece of Red Hatchet!"

"Nooooo! Surely you could not be so cruel!"

"Fash me no further, thou miscreant, for my patience is at an ebb!  Thy coddes shall soon ebb as well, I warrant!"

"I'll tell you anything!  Just spare my... coddes!"
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2006, 09:49:11 PM »
We have a need for a party treasurer.  Since I'm already keeping track of XP, I might as well keep track of that.  I would be very grateful if someone could post a total of what we currently have, stuff and gold.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2006, 10:05:25 PM »
1 scroll
1 magic opal
2 fingers and a toe
The sickle used to gut the poor gnoll
1 flindbar
Rope
2 Masterwork Axes
30 gp (bounty)
37 gp (sales)
(67 gp total)

I think that's all.  If I'm missing any loot tell me.  And after this either tell me somehow or pm me and I'll post personal equipment up in this fancy R&R chart.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2006, 10:07:02 PM »
Domo.

And actually, this seems like a good place to post my shopping list.

Some studded leather armor; I think that won't give me a dex penalty
Some candles and a couple of torches
Chalk
First aid supplies

We should probably also get some camping gear.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 10:34:17 PM by Ria Hawk »

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2006, 11:41:44 PM »
Yeah, ok, I'll add my list here, whether or not we can afford it :D

Some new boots! One of the old ones are a little bit drafty :(
A couple 'o torches
A couple 'o Iron spikes (Yay!)
Restocking several days of basic rations
A decent wood-carving dagger
A couple small leather belt pouches (To hold broken glass shards in)
A sharp needle and some good, strong thread (With which his first use will be sewing up the holes in his left leather glove!)

Thatt'le do for now.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2006, 11:47:25 PM »
Better than torches, let's get a lantern or two.
A couple pairs of manacles, to restrain unruly brigands.
A buckler might be nice.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4