llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: OOC: Back in the Day...  (Read 109862 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
OOC: Back in the Day...
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
Well, it seems that Voyage of the Empress has stalled out in the ocean, and lacking all of the starting players I do not feel inclined to continue the game. Sigh.

Now in the Chat I was asked when I would start the next RP. Well, I would say probably in a couple of days in light of the request. So this is the heads up.

Old School
While not using any of the mechanics, I want to run an old school, back in the day, swords and sorcery Dungeons and Dragons inspired game. That means wizards and warlocks, thieves, dragons, orcs, talking trees, elven oracles...the whole nine yards. Magic is, it isn't oppressed and subjected by the populace, nor is it massively present.

A quick heads up, any of the stuff I have submitted to the Citadel is likely to be included in the game, with the K'tonian Hegemony and associated legacies making an appearance. I will likely also use some of the stuff from the Random Encounter Scrolls that I have started.

Character stuff (Fill out and send to me in PM)
Name:
Player:
Class:
Attributes
(Leave blank at this time, after character info is submitted I will roll up six attribute scores and send back in PM for you to assign to attributes as you like)
Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha
Skillz
Weapon Skillz
Warriors - 4
pick four weapons, more than one slot can be used on a weapon for increased skill with said weapon. Example 1 slot is basic use, 2 allows for a bonus on attack or a special/signature move, 3 can add two moves, 4 can add 3 advanced moves. Exp move - Max Dmg attack -attack deals max damage, can only be used once per combat. Only warriors may stack weapon skillz)
Rogue - 3
(No heavy, or two handed weapons)
Cleric - 2
(1 MUST be favored weapon of diety)
Wizard - 1

Other Skillz
Other non-combat non weapon skills like horseriding, spellcraft, swimming, etc
Warriors - 5
Rogues - 6
Clerics - 7
Wizards - 8

Color Intro
Introductory paragraph introducing the PC. After approval, this paragraph can be added to the OOC thread.

Kewl Powerz
Mages and Clerics must submit spell lists with character submissions, with 2 basic spells, and 4 cantrip type spells. More spells can be sent, but if more are sent I will pick the ones that would be best suited. I am familiar with Dungeons and Dragons spells.

Multi-class
When a PC levels up his character, he may opt for another class, or can level his PC up to the next level in current class. One class must remain dominant, so a third class cannot be added until the PC has at least 1 more level in primary (starting) class. Thus a Mage can add a level of thief at second becoming a lv 1 Mage, Lv 1 Thief. He cannot add a third class until he is a lv 2 Mage, Lv. 1 thief. He cannot add a level to his thief class until his mage class is higher.

Will add more once my victims...I mean players start raising their hands in this thread and sending me character info.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:33:45 PM by Strolen »

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: Back in the Day...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:43:57 PM »
Quick update

After talking with Muro in the chat, he will be taking this over, and I will be instead playing. Forward your PMs to him!

Scras

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:28:05 PM »
once upon a time, long long ago....

the game will be free-flowing. PCs will not be railroaded into any particular "story". Anything goes. 

Only note so far is the game will commence in a "generic" world. By that I mean the world will certainly be specific, but you dont need to know anything prior to playing, other than some notes I can send each of you, once I take a look at the characters.

The game will begin (I'll figure out the hows and whys soon enough) in a large city, but can then go (and will) in many directions as far as locales, plots, etc...Much of the story will be driven by your character's actions. I do however have tricks up my sleeve, so stay tuned. As Scras mentioned, do NOT be surprised to encounter people, places, things, that are found on the main site.  :P

Nuff said for now.

all questions, comments, suggestions are welcome!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 09:02:41 PM »
I'm in.  Will write up character at school tomorrow and send it to you Muro.
One can cure oneself of the not un- formation by memorizing this sentence: A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.  Orwell

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 11:21:36 PM »
I am in.
:knight: Forsooth!  It shall be as the days of olde!
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 11:25:38 PM »
Character PM'ed to Muro ^^
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 01:12:53 AM »
Character on it's way!
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 08:55:28 AM »
wow...awesome. Got several characters. Will send all feedback by Friday evening. So far, everything sounds in order!

yee-haw!!!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:10:40 AM »
Also just a reminder. There will be experience points, and thus level gains, as Scras has decreed. So, I just wanted to throw out that I will occasionally hand out xp based on actions and problem solving, not just for slaying beasties and finding treasure.

Also, lots of rolling..combat, perception checks, saving throws, etc...
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 12:25:15 PM »
Good luck! Hope your game will be fun and that it stalls after the climax.

;)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 02:49:17 PM »
we'll need ONE spellcaster people! So far we have Warriors and Thieves. I love LOW magic as much as the next guy, but let me put it this way....You folks could certainly use a spellcaster, be it a priest or a wizard.  :wink:  WINK, WINK!!!

(I'm looking at you Pariah)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:46:12 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 03:08:22 PM »
I'm a little surprised.  I would have figured warriors and mages would be the most popular.  Just goes to show. :P
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »
more thoughts in anticipation of the big breakout weekend!

--how do you folks feel about death? Do you "mind" dying, if the situation or dice roll dictates your demise? Or do wish for fudging and lenience?

--because we are playing with LEVEL UPS (yeah baby!), I think any character who DOESNT die and advances to some commendable level, should be immediately written up on the main site for posterity! :P

--I think (I hope!!) that this will last a while...a LONG while. I would like to get a PM sometime next YEAR from Ria, saying.."Yo, dude....Talia is 5th level now. I wanna go out and kick butt again! Start the RP!! new adventure!"  (or something like that).

--because we are trying our hand at "old school", I think the best route at first would be for the crew to meet all in one place, all at one time (tavern?  :P) and go from there. I will of course think of something "kewl" to start you off with. Thoughts?

--Just because we keep saying "old school" certainly doesnt mean that I wont get eerie and peculiar on you! Be ready for ANYTHING!!!

--ok, I'm out of thoughts for the moment...will think of more. Anyone else have any?

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 06:08:19 PM »
If it's dramatically appropriate, I don't mind dying.  I would prefer to not have my character killed because I blew a roll.  Now, if I do something stupid, I fully expect to face the consequences, death included.   :twisted:

How are we going to do the rolling, you roll for us, we roll and post our results, or what?

And actually, I thought about creating a mage, then I thought, no, there will be a lot of those.  Ah well.  Maybe I'll multiclass into a spellcaster later.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »
--okay, fair enough.

--I'll roll I guess. Actually, hmmm, maybe a little of both.

--mage, priest, 1st edition illusionist, necromancer, Incantatrix, (look it up) whatever. Someone that can use magic will most likely become necessary.

:P Just no psioniCYSTS please.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:14:32 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 07:29:20 PM »
Dibs on the necromancer that enjoys wearing bright colors and skipping, at least when he's not busy stitching ex-people together.
One can cure oneself of the not un- formation by memorizing this sentence: A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.  Orwell

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 08:13:51 PM »
I have basically the same sentiments on dying as Ria.

And I also think that the GM should do all the rolling and post all results: It's not that I DON'T trust the players, it's just that it completely rules out any suspicion of foul play so no conflict arises.
Besides . . . I don't have any dice :D

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »
"I have basically the same sentiments on dying as Ria."

-- :P Thats a funny line if taken out of context  :P

--dont worry, I wont be goofy when we play.

--Noted. I have no problem with doing all the rolling.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 09:51:05 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 09:49:27 PM »
--Dying is cool by me.  If I die, can I make a new character, or shall I retire?

--You do all the rolling, Muro.  Makes it much easier.  You could even get one of those random number JavaScript programs so you don't have to do any physical rolling.  You know, since you're lazy and all. :P

--Speaking of dice, what system are we using?  Since it's olde school, d20 seems out, but... whatever.  Just curious.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »
Great question Dozus! (the dice one, not the dying :P)

here are my thoughts on dice (Old school theme remember):

JAVA????!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!! I will do no such thing. I will pull out my haversack of ancient, rickety, cracked, but noble dice, roll them around lovingly in my fingers, and then proceed to drop them on the countertop.

attributes: (str, int, etc) I will roll 4d6 for each stat, using the best three rolls. Scores 3 (real real bad!)--18 (uncanny!!) you will assign them. You can take 2 from one, to add one to another. Wow...that IS old school personified!

perception check: These are important in my games. this is how you notice important stuff that you otherwise might not, and has many other uses. I will assign a difficulty rating, then roll a D20. Hmmm..wait....you actually dont have to worry about this one.

battle: I'm open to suggestions, but basically I'll dream up a proper Armor Class (heheh old school again) for you and your foe, taking into account various factors, such as your attributes, and you will do what you do. I will roll D20's behind the scenes. Basically, I will tell you if you 'hit' or 'miss'  :P

spells: self explanatory...small chance of failure, I'll take into account the range, the damage, etc...

saving throws: you will all be assigned Saving Throws based on your character class from the ancient, dusty 1st edition Dungeon Master's Guide of Yesteryear!! For some of you this may be the first time ever!  :P. FYI--Gary Gygax gifted clerics with the best dang saving throws. Your rolls will be adjusted by your various skillz.

what else?

wait, your gonna play a "skipping" necromancer Pariah???  :P

Hark! Soon Scras will come and say something wise.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:09:34 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 09:18:03 AM »
 :what: Saving throws?

I am quite excited now.

I guess the wise part would be that I intended to run this as series of small campaigns, pehaps no longer than 3 months time, to keep the thread from going the way of the majority of RP threads. I hoped that this abridged timescale would keep interest up, but not discourage gamers with an overly demanding schedule for posting. Hopefully the chance to progress with this will go well leveling up options and keep interest alive.

Until then remember the following lines.

"I think it is an illusion, I attempt to disbelieve..."
"Do I see anything"
"I check for Traps."
"What do you mean there was a trap?"
"Does he have any GP?"
"Do you have any Mountain Dew?"
"Where is the pizza?"

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 09:27:16 AM »
here's a few more:

"bring your own food, buggers!"
"hmmm..dungeon? We'll need some mine detectors..er, I mean henchmen."
"c'mon! Trust me people!" (the thief speaks)
"Do I get any xp for saying thou, thee, and thine?" (the cleric speaks)
"Whaddaya mean I miscast my spell? If that kinda crap is gonna go on, I'll be useless!" (the wizard speaks)
"Fighters to the forefront, thieves to the shadows, tall wizards in back. Lets roll!"
"Your the dang cleric! Its your JOB to heal me!"
"Why are you looking at me? I am invisible!"
"Can I throw my two-handed sword like a boomerang?" (the barbarian speaks)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 01:17:18 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
Character Sheet
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 06:31:15 PM »
Character stuff
Name: Aerex Matare
Player: Dozus
Class: Rogue
Attributes
Str: 8
Dex: 15
Con: 11
Int: 15
Wis: 12
Cha: 12

Skillz
Weapon Skillz
-Rapier
-Short bow
-Dagger

Other Skillz
-Gather Information
-Hide
-Intimidate
-Search
-Bluff
-Move Silently

Color Intro
Born in the slums of the capitol city, Aerex was rare in that he shied away from the thieving and criminal ways of his peers.  Instead, young Aerex liked to watch, anything and everything.  He observed traders lying to and short changing their customers at market, he spied his peers cut the pursestrings from richer folk in the streets, he watched the nobles eloquently insult each other in their diplomatic tongue.  He soaked up all this information like a sponge.  One day, a gruesome murder of a priest took place in the alleys near his home, attracting the attention of the city investigators.  The constabulary rounded up the local peasantry for interrogation, to little avail.  No one saw the assassination take place and no one could think of a motive for killing the kindly old cleric.  Aerex, however, was dedicated to finding out who did the deed.  Though he was repetedly dismissed and sent home, he always kept near the chief investigators, listening secretly and appearing before them to give out some clue he discerned from the situation.  And indeed, the teenage Aerex's tips and sleuthing led to the arrest of the criminal, who confessed in interrogation.  The peasants lauded the boy as a local hero, and the city investigators spoke highly of him to the captain of the guard.  The captain later summoned the boy to his office and asked him to enter the guard academy, an exception for one so young.  Aerex eagerly joined, to the chagrin of some criminal elements in his family.  Inspector Matare led many high profile cases, earning him a Badge of Honour from the local duke.  One particular case, however, showed corruption among the city guard and the mayoral staff.  Naievely, Aerex showed his findings to the captain of the guard, who immidiately dismissed him from the job and ordered him to stay away from any further investigations.  Distraught, Aerex left the capitol city for a local adventurer's town.  Armed with police training and investigative skills, he hopes to make himself useful to band of heroes and find reward in his job once again.

Appearance
Raised on meagre peasant food, Aerex has a lithe build and stunted growth, 5'4" in height.  The street life has also given him agility, however, and there is lean muscle under his fair skin.  His full head of close-cropped, coal colored hair is worn in a utilitarian style, combed straight back.  His face is pleasant, with bright azure eyes and an aquiline nose.  A small mole is noticible on his chin.  His stint in the city guard afforded him enough money for decent equipment.  He still wears his investigator's uniform, a dun-colored cotton number with brass buttons on the jacket.  A standard-issue rapier is scabbarded at his wide leather belt, and a dagger is hidden in his high boots.  He wears a wide-brimmed floppy hat, far out of style but still his favorite garment.  A small bone pendant hangs from his neck by a thin leather string, a gift from his mother.
Current age: 24
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:19:15 PM by Dozus »
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Character Sheet
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 07:56:47 PM »
Name: Moruz (Mow-ruse)
Player: Shadoweagle
Class: Warrior

Attributes: 13, 12, 12, 17, 10, 14
Str: 16 (+2)
Dex: 18 (+1)
Con: 14 (+1)
Int: 10 (-2)
Wis: 10
Cha: 6 (-6)

Skillz
Weapon Skillz
Warriors - 4

Slot 1: Ouzala
Slot 2: Ouzala
Slot 3: Ouzala
Slot 4: Zunouza

"The weapons they wield are called Ouzala, and are long, spear-like objects. However all the way along one edge of these spears are two-inch long glass 'teeth', making the spear a serrated saw-like weapon. If the Ouzala is placed alongside a person and wrenched backwards, the teeth could tear through a man with ease. People have been known to be disemboweld or decapitated in one pull, and the jagged teeth do horrid damage to ones hamstring. By the end of a battle, most of the teeth of an Ouzala will have been wrenched out or shattered, and as such much time post-battle is spent reapplying new teeth. If the teeth wear out before a battle is done, the Ouzala can be used as a spear."

"The Zunouza is more or less the Ouzquin Dremorix's version of a dagger. The hilt of the Zunouza is circular, and out from it juts six sharp glass spikes, spiralling around each other. The Zunouza is used in a stabbing/thrusting motion, and as it is thrusted, the attacker twists their wrist to make the weapon saw into the flesh. Like the Ouzala, the teeth of the Zunouza are prone to chip or snap off in an enemies body - because it has only six spikes, the Zunouza is more effective in smaller battles and conflicts, where there are fewer enemies."

Other Skillz
Survival 
Endurance
Armorer
Horseriding
Surefooted

Disadvantage: Moruz, though he has learned the common language well, still struggles to be able to read it fluently. He may have some trouble with written word.

Color Intro
A devout follower of the god Axtrami from birth, Moruz grew up to follow the ways of his people, the Ouzquin Dremorix. At the age of seventeen, he learned the way of war and fighting; studying diligently how to both survive and kill using the traditional weapons of his people. After fifteen glorious years in the Ouzquin Army, Moruz felt an urge to end this life of warefare, and to travel. Saying a fond farewell to his society, he left the desert, leaving behind his reputation and earned honor to instead travel the lands, learning of other cultures and earning a living by sharing both his trade of glass-making and himself as a mercenary.

Appearance:
Moruz is a true image of a typical Ouzquin Dremorix. Standing at 5"10', his skin is tanned and rough from a life under the sun. His frame is fairly thin, although it is heavily padded by muscle, and he has black eyes and hair. He wears a treated leather outfit, inset with multitudes of glass beads and baubles, shining various colours in different directions. Atop his head rests a circlet of silver, and inset in the center of the circlet is a small glass orb, about the shape of a chicken egg, but half the size. On this orb is an intrinsic pattern inlaid around the image of a black desert scorpion. The loving touch and detail on this orb is phenominal, and it is obvious that it would be worth a hefty sum of money. Usually slung on his back is a hand-crafted Ouzala, about 7"7' in length and scuffs and marks suggesting it has been well used.
Current age: 34

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 08:00:15 PM »
Hey, just thought of something: are there multiple races for PCs?  Since they weren't mentioned, and it fit my character, I automatically chose human.  But are there elves, half-elves, dwarves, halflings, anything of the sort?  If there are, are there any stat bonuses, favored classes, or the like associated with them?
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2