llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heyo  (Read 914 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline prosegoblin

• Nomad
    • Awards
Heyo
« on: September 08, 2006, 03:04:36 AM »
Not so much into the roleplaying aspect...especially after working at a gaming store and listening to the D&D games that went on...::shudder::...anyway,  I like to pretend I'm a writer, and this freeform roleplaying thing you got here looks promising.  I didn't really look at it much (kind of impulsive), but if its anything like the campfire stories I tried to get going in high school, well I'm going to have an awesome time.

You may find it interesting to know that I got here because I was actually looking up kendo moves.  Well, the story begins earlier.  I'm moving out, and my new place has this like, wide open space for whatever.  Number 1 priority is decking it all out so my lady friends can stay over, maybe with a little space for salsa dancing.  But then I realized space for dancing means space for kendo.  And then I tried to find a website to learn kendo moves from, since speakeasy probably isnt going to get my internet setup for a week and I need something to do.  Well, one thing led to another and all of a sudden I was looking at this sword: http://www.globalgear.com.au/prod1571.htm and I thought it was from a movie.  It's not, ( I think ) but google searching for what I thought was the movie title led me here.

About me...well first of all I'm not a very good writer, and like most not very good writers, I'm a member of writing.com.  I'd like to change that, however, by writing more.  I started writing a story about this character "The Road Ninja" and put it in my away messages.  Then I put it on roadninja.com so my friends could catch up (please do not h4xXor it though, I really, really hate that).

Also, I'm not a very faithful message board checker.  And I'm about to not have internet for a week or something.  So, whatever.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Heyo
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 10:21:10 AM »
Welcome! see you in a week (or something) :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 01:03:27 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 12:53:54 PM »
Hello.... wait... he left. Oh well he will return. They all do after all!?!?!?!

Muhahahahahah, er. :D
Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 11:54:43 AM »
Honest brain dump. I like those.

Well, I'd never play AD&D outside a game store, I'd rather die actually, but I do manage to GM some awesome game session in my own Coldforged home brew. Alas, the brutality, macabre elements and explicit nature of that beast has upset some members of this site and thus I am not very active anymore. (I used to build my setting here, but recently swapped to another site).

Enjoy your stay, if you stay.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards