llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: I just brought my 33 YEAR long tabletop to an end!  (Read 89 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Aramax

• Apprentice
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
I just brought my 33 YEAR long tabletop to an end!
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »
Well its official, I've ended my 33yr long tabletop(the first 31 was one long ass fantasy game).Im a little bitter. Attendance has been flagging over the last few years and it's finally gotten to the point that I'm just too tiered of player wrangling. Another concern has been piss poor RPing from a couple of my old timers and my 23 yr old son cheating his ASS OFF! AHH ,it's nice to &^%$@ here where no one I know comes! Another irratating thing is that the last few games,when I could get every one here,was that the games were spectacular! And still it made no diff in attenedance! I ran an awesome Joker game, with a truely classic plot, but did it matter,no. I realize we are all older now and we all have things that interfere in our gaming lives. I cancelled more than my share of games and untill I switched to my Gotham setting I was running a sub par supers game. I don't think the players ever really were happy w/ the switch over from fantasy but we had been beating that horse for 31 yrs, you think they'd be ready for a change! I don't know what my gaming life holds for me,but I knoow GMing runs thick and hot in my soul. Sorry about the rant but I needed to blow off some steam w/ a little anonymity.
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: I just brought my 33 YEAR long tabletop to an end!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
Bittersweet congratulations on a crazy long run!

I haven't played for a long time now, but back when I did our longest running campaign was maybe half a year. We tended to stick with fantasy and some Shadowrun and such, but we seemed to swap GMs and change up games quite frequently. Because of that, 33 years is mind boggling. So many kudos for keeping it going that long. Incredible feat!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:39:22 PM »
Whoooa! That sucks man!

I know the feeling, but in a way it is lovely to let things just be.

I just started up again, after a several year long break. The players were begging, and I handed all management and hosting responsibility to the most eager one.

"From now on, I will GM the game and prepare a plot. You do the rest. You are der führer", I said.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Longspeak

• Ubiquitous Obliquity
  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • Illegal to Remove this Tag
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Golden Creator 2013 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
d**n... you OOOOOLD.

:P

Seriously, that's both impressive and sad. I know from my on and offline gaming it can be difficult to coordinate with a group and sometimes difficult to keep things fresh. So 33 years is nothing to sneeze at. Be proud of that.

I'm actually reading a book right now, bought during a recent bundle of holding (http://bundleofholding.com is you like cheap PDFs; something new every week), about campaign management and the difference between managing a campaign and running the individual sessions OF the campaign, and how they're different skillsets. It's got some interesting thoughts.