llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Convert  (Read 2569 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline [T]nyx

• Find your castle...
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
A Convert
« on: August 23, 2006, 02:11:57 AM »
 :D
Hello all at the Citadel. I was in a Yahoo Roleplaying chatroom and saw someone advertising this site. I've floated for a while, and saw alot of extremely praiseworthy submissions. It'll be a nice change to freeform with paragraphs as apposed to one liners. The spelling and grammer here was also noted as not lkie tihs which is another nice change. I've had a look at the settings however and have found Ageratos, Land of the Eshal and The World of Acqua to be my instant personal favourites. They are however the only ones I have read. Assuming there are more of the same or better, I will enjoy my stay.

A bit about me is due. My name is Tom, hence the [T] and my prefered Roleplaying name is Nyx  :D
I usually prefer alien (not alien as in space alien) or medieval settings. So far I've been forced into one-lineing my way through games oweing to the limited space the other Yahoo players usually adhere to. I've noted there's a number of tabletop/ex-tabletop players here. I myself have never tried tabletop, and am a bit curious about it.  :wink: I'm a (preferably that is otherwise I'll play any type of game) paragraph freeformer.
Real life me is a 17 year old college student living in London. I'm about to enter the second year. I'm taking Math, Chemistry and Government & Politics. A strange combination most say, however, I haven't taken them for the sake of a job, I simply took the subjects I'm most compatible with.  :)

Well I think I've said all I wanted to there :D I'm going to go to a seaside with alot of relations today so I ma not be on for a while.

MMM... lotion

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: A Convert
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 02:34:13 AM »
Usually, I just greet people with "yo", but...

Quite flattered to hear that you like Ageratos so much, Tom. :D
I'm a rude American, you can call me CP.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Rei

• ~Cursed Demi-God~
  • Master
  • "Death to all sinners"
    • My happy gallery xD
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 05:03:28 AM »
Usually, I just greet people with "Welcome"....

I havent submitted anything but... Im pretty touched of what you have said.... so... Welcome?
"Mostly... Mothers have the best mood destroying ability"

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 07:02:06 AM »
The Citadel welcomes you, Tom.  I'm a freeformer myself; I'm sure you'll find lots of opportunities here.

And... do be careful with that lotion. :shock:
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 09:28:24 AM »
Aaah, yes. I used to be very much like you, Nyx. Before I started here, I did freeform roleplaying on a different website - struggling through the one-liners, and lurking - waiting for the occasional decent para-rper to pop up. Now, I came to the citadel looking for a new place to do some roleplaying and at first, I thought that was what this place was for, but i soon realised it is not:
The Citadel is not primarily an online freeform/forum roleplaying site, though there certainly are sections for it. It is a place where roleplayers and story-writers come to expel their creativity on a canvas for all to see and judge! It took me a while to go from the forum RPing to submitting my own items, creatures and characters but when I did... well, it was just great  :up: .

So stick around, have some fun, join in on a roleplay or two if some start up, and get those creative juices flowing to post your ideas!

www.Strolen.com

- Oh! And about myself!
I am Shadoweagle. I also go by the names Khalrani, Nurin, Elquin, SE and the Devourer of Cookies. In terms of roleplaying, my areas of interest fall in Death, Dark magic, Horror, Mystery, insanity and the unknown. Due to a busy work schedule as a chef, I don't get on this site as often as I used to, but I try to at least make a cameo appearance once in a while, so if you need to know anything or need any unbiased opinions, feel free to send me a PM.

Welcome to the Citadel, Nyx. I am sure you will find your stay... comfortable.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »
Not a whole lot to say but welcome to the place that changes a lot of views on rpging.

Yes we are sticklers for grammer and spelling, although even the best of us fail at that on occassion. I would love to see you put some work up here to see what kind of thoughts you have. Anyone, in my book, who can rp over the net has a good grasp on role-playing. Never having done it however that is just a personal theory of mine.

A little about me just so you know... my name is Kevin, call me Kev, Mourn, MG, or simply Mourngrymn. I've been here for two years and have loved every minute of it. I have gone from a skittish submitter who was worried that his subs would be liked to someone hell bent on getting my ideas out in the open. This site will do it for you. I've been role-playing for 20+ years now and like a number of people here have designed my own world around my gaming. I am a frequent GM but I prefer to play. Fantasy is my favorite but have played sci-fi, horror, and supers.

Till next time, tootles.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 08:06:31 AM by Mourngrymn »
Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 04:01:30 PM »
Welcome to our little corner of the net.  You'll probably see me in the Roleplaying section, at least some.  I'd be glad to play with you.  We always welcome a new para-roleplayer.  Really, we welcome everyone, but that's beside the point.

As for me, I've been here for... I guess five years now.  Periodically I wander away, but I always wander back.  I've been a para-roleplayer since before then (part of what attracted me to the place), and a table-top player for a little less.  I tend to prefer dark fantasy and horror (particularly Lovecraftian), but I'll play pretty much everything. 

All said, this is a wonderful place to be.  You'll stay, hopefully.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 05:03:19 PM »
Hey T. Always happy to see a convert of any type. We just try to be dedicated roleplayers and we do our best keeping the site's aim directed that way. The site benefits from a great many talented people that really do have the patience of, well, something really patient. Roleplay your heart out and visit the main site as the muse stirs in you. Once you play long enough the siren call of the main site will get your ideas out in the open I am sure. Do as you will, when you will, any way you will and enjoy the company.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »
Welcome Convict! err..I mean Convert.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 06:05:28 PM »
When I saw his name, I thought of Converge, the metalcore band... I'm probably the only one here who knows who they are, though

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 10:46:15 PM »
Hardly, CP ;)

Vær hilset, Tom!

I am mostly a table-top GM. Been trying my hand at freeform, but found it frustratingly slow. As a GM I have been active since 1989 and am active still.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:04:26 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline [T]nyx

• Find your castle...
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 02:36:23 PM »
What a warm welcome! I am at a loss as to whether to use :what: or :D In post order (or there about)

• Sorry to dissapoint you CP I haven't heard of Converge, however I do listen to alot of what people call "oldie metal". Stuff like Nifelheim, OZ, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Belphegor, Bathory, Deteriorate, Immortal, Anacrusis e.t.c. I'm not however restricted to only metal. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to music.
  • Vær hilset Ancient Gamer! I assume thats hello or some form of a greeting in (I'm guessing here) Swede-ish. Please correct me if I'm wrong  :)
  • Convict :o :shock: I don't know whether to believe you or otherwise Murometz :P
  • I may submit something of my own, but I've never actually had the motivation to sit down and think something up Strolen; but if you're sure, I'm sure :D
  • I'd be glad to play with you too Ria. Five years?! :o Thats a long time. I don't know whether my concentration will hold that long but I'll try ;) Table top too? Like I said before, I'm curious about table top gaming so would you mind if I pm'ed you some questions?
  • I too am a bit of a stickler for grammer and spelling. You've never RP'ed here? Why not? Theres alot of space for it Kev. So you've been here 2 years? I'm really beggining to feel green now :oops:. 20+ years or RP'ing?! Wow. I haven't reached my 20's yet, but I'll try roleplaying until then. Tootles!
  • That sounds like the story of my life Shadow (I hope you don't mind if I abbreviate it down to Shadow). A chef? I happen to cook for my family quite irregularly, because they know when I get going I like to experiment, which occasionally causes severe abdominal pain :oops: :lol: I look forward to thinking up something of my own :).
  • I was careful Dozus. So careful I left the bottle at home :P :oops:
  • You haven't submitted anything either Rei? Maybe we'll do a dual entry and make it really good. They don't say "Two heads are better than one", for nothing :D
  • I couldn't help myself CP. I really couldn't. I'm a rude Londonder because I reserve my manners for the net ;)

I think that does it :D Bye for now :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:41:48 PM by [T]nyx »

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
I think that is the best hello Im new reply comment ever. Yeah I table top role-play only. Nothing by post or by line via a chatroom.

My work now is to flesh out my setting to its fullest potential. It's getting there. At least it has its moments from time to time.

Ask Murumetz and Scrasamax about duel submitting, they work well together. Need help, drop me a line I will throw you some help on some ideas. Don't mind at all.
Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 07:05:13 PM »
Sure, ask me what ever questions you have.  If I can't answer them, I know who can.   :lol:
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 08:53:08 PM »
drat! Now I wish I greeted you with a looooonger message. I would have gotten a long, witty reply like the others.  :P

but yes..convert, convict. Its the same thing here.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 12:39:42 AM »
wuzup. And I just want say wow! You must be pretty special if Captain Penguin said more to you then "Yo." I applaud you Nyx.:up: Oh yeah and welcome to the Citadel!
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline [T]nyx

• Find your castle...
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 02:22:30 AM »
I think I have started on a personal character. Is it okay for guys to have girl characters? If not the change is simple; but if so then its a girl  :)

• Thanks Kev but everyone replied so everyone deserves a reply I would have thought. So the 20 years of gaming was tabletop? I think it had better be you I ask about tabletop roleplaying :lol:. I'll PM you shortly with a couple of questions (I need to have those answered before I ask more because the following questions depend on the answer).
  • I still have some questions Ria, Kev didn't take all of them. Expect a PM soon :wink:.
  • I hope you don't mind Murometz but I have some questions like Kev said about dual entries. I heard you were the person to go to with questions :) :wink:.
  • Thanks! :D I'm glad to be here :D

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 12:34:04 PM »
Nobody cares. If you want your character to be a cancerous grotesque giant transvestite, that's pretty much okay.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »
The user Michael Jotne Slayer introduced "Vær hilset" to the citadel. It means "Be greeted" or "Welcome" and is a Viking-ish welcoming statement. It is norwegian, though swedish is much alike norwegian.

Good guess, Tom.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!