llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Darkness within  (Read 10871 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Darkness within
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:36:36 PM »
 In a small quiet town an old man sat looking out of his bedroom window, his breath making patterns on the frosted glass. Down below screams of pain and anguish filled the air as the dark beings filled the town ravaging anything they could get there disfigured claws on. The man closed his eye's and turned away from the window there stood in the middle of the room was another man a tall, stick-like man with shrunken features. His hair a jet black and his cloths were to match his hair colour. his eyes glimmered evily at the old man "Are you willing to give up the girl yet or not?" The old man looked to the floor and then looked at a wardrobe out of the corner of his eye, he looked to the floor again "Do not ignore me Han" came the shrill dark voice of the man in the middle of the room. "You can do what you wish i shall never tell you" Han said with more bravery than he really had "Then you condem these people to death" The dark man raised a hand and brought it down to his side again hastily. The screams added in intensity as more and more demons filled the town ravaging those who came in there way. "And you also shall die" came the dark whisper in Han's ear. The dagger plunged into the mans neck........   

Lessa sat up sharply sweat rolling down her pretty face. Her bright green eye's moved swiftly from left to right making sure she was alone. Lessa had been having the same dream for over a week now, and it seemed to lenghten each time. Lessa lifted a hand to her face and wipped the sweat away from her eye's. The room was dark with only a small candle lighting up one corner. She had been paying to stay in the 'black mans shoes' for that night untill she had rested and was ready to set out again. Lessa stood up and felt a heavy weight in her cloak as she had fallen to sleep with it on. She reached inside and looked at the tiny glowing dragon pendant. It's faint golden glow illuminated Lessa's face. She had long, light brown hair with streaks of golden blonde. Her nose was small but pointed which distinguished her fine cheek bones. Her lips were a lushus red which seemed to shimmer in the dim light. Her perfect complexion completed it all. Her body was well defined her long, slim legs which led to a muscle ridden stomach and on to a perfect bosom, Her arms were strong, her finger long and slender. Lessa brushed down her white shirt and long black tight trousers. The shirt only had three buttons done up the others were undone and the trousers showed her thing legs. Lessa slipped her heavy riding boots on and hefted her sword onto her back. The bar downstairs was still open 'At this time of night' thought Lessa as she looked round to see if she could find the time. Lessa shrugged and walked slowly out of the room and down the winding stairs. Lessa entered a large room with tables and chairs scattered around the room, some people sat on there own staring dismuley into the cups as if waiting for it to refill on its own. other sat in a group chatting loudly and occasionaly letting out a guwaff of laughter. Lessa rolled her eyes at the sight of the Inn and walked to the bar "Couldn' sleep Ms lessa?" Asked the bartender Broll "No Broll, an elvish wine please" Broll nodded and walked to get a glass from the back. He filled it quickly and pushed it towards her and then waddled of to serve an old man who had started getting bad tempered. Lessa smiled slightly and walked towards the table near the back in the shadows facing the door. Lessa sat down her green eye's forever scanning the room looking for any danger of any sort. She took a sip of her drink and stared unblinkingly at the door. 
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Re: Darkness within
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 04:39:23 AM »
A man in a cloak approached Lessa in a very sleek manor. The Cloak concealed many scrolls that the man carried with him, and a small banjo was roped to his back. As he approached her, he tilted his traveling hat at Lessa and asked her with such articulation, "Do you mind if I sit here Miss?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 07:47:51 AM »
Lessa looked at the man cautiosly and then nodded. Her deep green eyes looking over every inch of his body just to make sure he was no threat. She took a swig from her drink then placed it back on the table, leaning back she rested her feet on a bar under the table. "What's your name?" Came her soft floating voice. Lessa tossed her hair back from her face and smiled. 

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 11:12:16 AM »
The man unequiped the musical instrument and laid it next to him as he sat down with a slightly firm grasp. "The name's Noah. I'm a traveling a musician, the pay isn't that great but it get's me by. By what name do you go by Miss?" Noah leaned back as if he was quite relaxed.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 11:57:08 AM »
She looked at the instrument now led on the table. "Lessa" she said strongly but as bluntly as she could. She drained off her drink and turned back to the door. A sudden gripping image raced across Lessas' mind, she grasped at her forehead as a shooting pain shot through her head. "He's coming! do you know how to fight?" Lessa eyed Noah blearily. She hoped to hell that he could.

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 07:37:14 AM »
"What! You're crazy!"
Noah all of a sudden became naucious. He covered his mouth, and he thought to himself. "Hmmm, I am getting a bad feeling. I don't think it's the bounty hunter's nor the police. I guess I have to trust what she says.
Noah stood up and gripped the neck of the musical instrument with his left hand.
"Well I'll have to take your word."
Noah began to strum the strings which carried some sort of tune that seemed to calm the soul.

A white light abrupted from the banjo which took a settling between both Noah and Lessa.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:16:57 PM »
The whole room seemed to freeze as a chill wind blew open the door. There stood as tall as the tallest man was a black clad figure a glimmering silver sword hanging by his side, gnarled claws held the hilt of the sword. The claws were at least 10 centimetres long and could rip a hole through anything. Icy breath filled the room a putrid smell coming along with it. Lessa grimaced as the figure moved or seemingly floated into the middle of the Inn, turning it's hooded head this way and that. Lessa pulled out her sword and watched as the thing sniffed the air "Ah my dear girl" Came the voice, it sounded like nails scraping down a chalkboard "I have been looking for you! The master wishes to have an audience with you. There's no point in fighting the strength of it, it will win in the end" The voice floated around the room making everyone cringe from the noise. Lessa stood strong "How many of you must i kill" The figure laughed nastily taking a floating movement closer to the two "As many as it takes" The figure swung it's sword into motion smashing a table in half as he floated faster towards the two.

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 01:03:56 PM »
Oh just great, the person I happen to run into is being chased by demons...

Noah clasped his hands to his ears. He watched the tall hooded figure come closer.
He dropped his banjo, the white light protecting both Lessy and Noah began to glow stronger as the hooded figure moved ever so closer. The protection spell may not be strong enough.
"Why didn't you tell me that you were being chased by demons!?" Noah said, he pulled out earmuffs he normally wears during the winter, and placed them upon his ears.
Noah yelled to the hooded man, "What do you want from us!?"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »
"How dare you call me demon. I am more than demon" Lessa sniggered "Yeah he's a pain in the ass aswell" The greater-demon roared with rage "And as to your question what do i want with you both well not really you" he pointed a long-nailed finger at Noah "But you will be a nice treat for the master" he chuckled evily "I want your souls" Lessa sprang forward on sharp feet moving her sword this way and that cutting at the Greater-Demon as he to brought his sword down to parrie with her's. Tables and chairs were tossed everywhere as the two great foes fought for survival. Lessa looked over at Noah quickly which allowed time for the Greater-demon to get a nice shot at Lessa's stomach, Lessa moved just in time to just get a scratch down her side. Lessa deposited her sword and withdrew a glimmering golden bow with arrows to match, she shot one at the demon and it shrieked as the arrow plummeted into it's dark hood probably hitting the eye-ball. She turned to Noah "Well help then and i will tell you why later after this may..." She was cut of short as the demon crashed into the side of her sending her flying into the wall. Lessa shook herself sharply and rushed back into battle.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:34:38 AM by Callista Miala Moonshade »

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:51:35 PM »
Noah watched with excitement. "I'M NOT MUCH OF A FIGHTER, ya know!" he yelled into the battle as the fercious fighters continued their onslaught against one another. Noah picked up his banjo and began to a play a full song to boost Lessa's overall ability to fight,

The Spell took affect on Lessa, the spell revitalized her energy and progressed some of her strength. Maybe that was enough to get the upperhand in this conflict.

Offline Darkphantomx

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 10:28:58 PM »
As The battle carryed on out side, I grasp my Lance on my left sholder brace fot the impact of the door, my gard was interfered by a small pebble onder my foot and the door sent me flying in the air.

"I JUST WANTED A DRINK!!"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »
Lessa felt a sudden wave of energy strike through her and she continued to move faster than before bringing her sword down more heavily. The fire grew in her eyes as she swang at the greater-demon managing just to get him in the neck and slice of his head. Lessa stopped and stared for a moment at the now dead demon and then at noah and then at the man on the floor. Everybody else had fled away from this battle "Well that was easier than last time" Lessa scratched her head "Sorry let me buy you a drink it seems we spilled the last one" Lessa walked over to the bar and ordered two ale's the barman was knealt on the floor and looked up shocked to see Lessa leaning over the bar and oredering drinks he nodded and stood up slowly shaking slightly, He grabbed the ale and pushed it and two glasses towards Lessa and then crouched back on the floor "They act as if they have never seen a bar fight here you go" Lessa righted the table and placed her and Noah's drink on it. She smiled and took a sip of her drink "Now let's talk!"

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 05:08:05 PM »
"Um... right," Noah Replied, "Obviously you are a fighter, there are not many women fighters in this world so it's definitly been a pleasure." Noah took a swig of ale. He thought for a moment with all the things he had just witnessed.
"So is this some type of curse you have or something?" Noah asked without haste.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 08:56:48 AM »
"Well kind of" She said slowly scratching her head as she thought "It's hard to put it into words you see. Those greater-demons have been following me for a couple of weeks now and they keep saying that there master wants a talk with me. To put it blatantly they believe that my soul will help them win a war which they plan to start you see! they believe if they get me on there side then nothing can stop them, But if i don't....." Lessa trailed off as she took another sip of her drink, lessa closed her eye's "There's a prophecy which said 'The soul is the strongest thing in a person. If the soul goes to the dark side then the world shall end in great pain. The choosen one and her company will rid the world of evil and therefore turn dusk into light.' When i began looking for the choosen one those demons began to follow me! probably trying to kill me before i find her.. or him that is" Lessa took a deep breath and then drained the last few drops of her drink.   

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »
"hmmm..." There was a few seconds of silence. Then Noah acclaimed, "That seems a little bit far-Fetched. But either way now is not a time to worry about it, I will see to it that you will not get captured." Noah got up, and downed the rest of the ale. He looked to the man on the floor, then at the bartender, "Is there a place to rest for the night around here?" Noah asked the bartender.

Offline Darkphantomx

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 05:35:30 PM »
As the unconceses man begin  to wake he over hear overs convorsation. "YAWN" a few seconds of silance pass.

"That was the worst sleep i've had in ages,It felt like I was hit by a door!"
he said to lighten the mood.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »
"Thats because you were hit by a door. I hit you with it!"
his friend Otto the Scratcher calmly replied, in between sips of his morning ale.

Otto the Scratcher was standing in the now empty space between the walls, where the previous night there had been a door. He scratched his lice-ridden belly as he stood there, his great-sword, "Kills-Em'-All" at his side as always.

"Wake up now. We have little time to waste you and I." The town is crawling with wererats! And we still need to find a priest for you, before..well..you know."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 07:21:14 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Darkphantomx

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »
"know what" he scratches his head.

"now lets all get some thing to drink and forget about our problems."

Begins to walk to the door.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 08:19:49 AM »
Lessa smiled and stood also "It does sound farfetched" she said but to herself, She shrugged her shoulder and then walked towards the barkeep "I still have my room don't i?" the barkeep nodded "Course ya do" Lessa grinned "you are more than welcome to stay in the room that i have already paid for and i will pay for another. But thats if you want" Lessa looked at Noah and awaited his answer. 

Offline [T]nyx

• Find your castle...
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 02:48:52 AM »
"You shouldn't stay."
There stood a cloaked male of average build. He look fairly young, had a clean shaven face and ever so slightly hooded eyes.
"The greater demons swarm tonight at the southern post. They will consume all who stand in their way to get you. That includes you.", he said as his eyes swung on to Noah.
"You need to move quickly and silently. He can see you, you know. Wherever you are. However his communication abilities are at best limited with a Magical Bard in your midst. Don't stay. BARKEEP! A honeymead. Extra strong. It looks like I may need it..."

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 10:19:41 PM »
"yeah yeah yeah! call me in the morning!" Noah went upstairs and yawned and moaned all the way up. He was very tired right now and nothing would wake him once he hit the floor to go to sleep.
He did however peer back down stairs and asked Lessa, "oh yes by the way that would be nice. Also, you coming?"

Offline [T]nyx

• Find your castle...
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 05:20:56 AM »
"Do as you will."
Disent drained his drink and made a move for the door. He turned to Lessa.
"Your sword dulls. Please visit my fathers forge 'The Smiting Smith'. We could give you a new edge or something else that may interest you. Your fighting style suits it just right. Gods speed."
Disent exited and immediately noticed the fact there was a dense and heavy air around. (I was right), he thought to himself, (the demons swarm. Maybe simply watching what unfolds would be more informative to me as opposed to asking. Let me wait at the forge for now.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:23:18 AM by [T]nyx »

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 03:30:09 PM »
Lith Hunter slowly enters the tavern, cloak drawn to cover every feature on him. Glancing around he sees a female with a sword, and a man at the bar thinking to himself. The demon's blood in his viens burned strongly, a sure sign that something was amiss. "Barkeep, a small glass of the elven wine, if you please," Lith said tossing a few silver pieces on the bar. The bartender just looked at him for a few seconds, then set off to get the wine. "Good eve, Maddam," Lith said to the sword bearing female. "Looks like there was quite a bit of trouble here, heard a song from across town and thought my skills my be needed." He flipped his hoob back and swept the cloak to his back to reveale fine elven mail and leather pants. The duel katanas at his with were jewel encrested. His hair was black as night, but with light blue eyes. A maple bow showed on his shoulder, and a quiver of arrows was strapped to his leg, unconventional, but with purpose. He also had a rare weapon, a small hand crossbow of drow make, and protected against the light of the sun with surface enchantments. Five small darts, the crossbow ammo, were set into his belt. He had a small flat nose, but with high cheekbones and a nobles look about him. "My trade is Assassin, and I hunt well at night. Not a single target I have pursued has survived. But fear not, your demon persuers do not like me much, I killed a high ranking greater demon a few weeks ago when they tried to raid my camp. I figured i would follow them and find out why demons are on this plane of existence in such great numbers." Lith stated officially. He sipped him wine and waited for a relply...
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline eternal_renegade

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 03:08:51 AM »
"huh?" Noah walked down the stairs up to Lith, "really we don't need your help, all that happened here was a simple barfight. You can take your service elsewhere and help yourself if it's such a big deal." Noah didn't like dealing with many people, 1. Draws too much attention and 2. Noah likes being a loner for several unknown reasons to others.
"Im sure we can handle the demons for now, but when you haven't slept in days due to travel, im sure you'd understand. Let's go Lessa, please."

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »
Lessa held up her left hand and looked between Noah and Lith "You have demon blood in you!!" she pointed to Lith. Lessa looked at Noah "No we may be able to use his stregth to our advantage" Lessa turned again to Lith again "Harraford? you know where it is?" She looked at Noah "We shall sleep now Noah but in the morrow we all me you and Lith shall travel to Harraford! Is there any problem with that?" Lessa looked between the two and awaited both of there answers.