llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Quest of Drow  (Read 3911 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
  • I'm crazy? Insane? Don't care, you decide.
    • Awards
The Quest of Drow
« on: September 01, 2006, 01:04:08 PM »
OOC: background: This takes place on the Arican Continent, in the world of Belthan. This is a medival fantasy, so no "futureistic" objects please. Magic users of all types welcome. Just make sure you don't kill anyone other than the enemies, some of the NPCs in the group WILL be irritating.

A young drow elf stood on the cliff, overlooking the surface of the world, a place he had never been to. The wheather was warm, and the wind blew calmly, and the young drow smiled. The sun stung his eyes, yet he embraced it. This was the mission he had left home for, the mission to kill a deserter. The deserter's name was Ralgan, and he was to die. The only problem was, most humans, dwarves, and elves on the surface hated the drow for their rituals. How was he going to overcome the racism, and the lack of funds?

Lith stared out into the forest below him, he knew Ralgan was somewhere on the surface. He knew Ralgan had killed his brother, Dameon, only two weeks prior to running. Dameon had been one of Lith's closest companions since he had been but 4 years old. And now Lith was going to avenge his friend, for Lith was no oridnary drow. Lith was the best assassin in his city, the best swordsman, the best assassin, the best trainer, and he was only a mere thirty years old, with over six-hundred years more to improve. Lith watched for signs of heat running through the forest, and saw about twenty to twenty-five. "Great, animals up here let off more heat than do the lizards from Shadowhaven," Lith commented to himself, speaking of his home town. Lith stared at the forest, and waited.
"Try to kill me, I'll be laughing," Celak

"You want to know who I am? Or WHAT I am? There is a huge difference," Kui

"Assassinate the assassin, then shoot the plane down!" Saul

"I once ate a skinned cat. It's owner didn't like me much after that," Dave

"Nymphs! OH MY MASTER NYMPHS!" Stev

Offline [T]nyx

• Find your castle...
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
Re: The Quest of Drow
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:44:44 AM »
OOC: Great! A medeival game! I don't want to impose myself so if you could tell me the name of not just the continent, but the country/ies and the capital city (thats where I'm starting my charachter). If its ok, do you think my charachter and yours could meet up someplace and adventure/chase/whatever. I do however intend my charachter to exit the city on some sort of an adventure if you decide against entering the city. I'll leave a blank where the city name should be and I'll edit it out from the name you give me.

IC:
Nyx stared out of his window. Among his trappings and pastimes he'd found something horrible. Discontent. He no longer wanted to sit at home all day. He wanted to work like all the other young men. He didn't want to read books and cast spells. He wanted to heft swords and joust. With the discontent came another feeling. A feeling of resentment. WHy was he left to his own devices all the time? Why didn't he have friends? He felt a scream bubbling up and grabbed a book and was about to throw it, when he paused. He opened the book to the fourth page. He stroked the right page and drew a symbol of a middling sized flame on it. A small puff of smoke ensued.
"Blast it. Blast it all to hell!" He still hadn't been able to use the fourth page. Third page was doing great but he need the flame to be bigger. He could use the fourth page of water and the fifth page of earth; but fire was the coolest in his opinion.
Nyx decided to stretch his legs. He would take a walk on the city's outer walls. They always held some sort of a feeling that told him he could jump off and fly. He wasn't so stupid as to attempt such a thing, but the feeling he could fly was nice. He got up and made his way out of the door and began the long walk to the city walls.

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »
OOC: Hope you don't mind me joining in Lith, oh and I just wanna say your profile quote is awesome. :up:

Borgom heard some shuffling up in the cliffs so he went to check it out. It had been a long few weeks and he was eager for some action. Borgom was a dwarf that came from a dwarven village not to far from here and when one of the village's residents was running an errand he caught a glimpse of something that looked like a drow moving around in the area. The dwarves knew how dangerous the dark elves could be so the whole village had a meeting to see what they should do about it. After long hours of ideas they decided to send some watchers out into the parts of the sighting, and since Borgom was a very well known fighter and a trustworthy dwarf they decided to send him and a few others out on patrole.

Anyway, as Borgom slowly walked up to cliffs he drew out his double-bladed axe and sheild. After what seemed like eternity walking up the cliffs, Borgom was finally able to see what was up there. Drow!

Borgom got up closer until he was only a couple yards away.

He hesitated for a moment and got in his battle stance, ready for anything and said "Why ye here drow?"
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:37:45 PM »
OOC: This Place is just being made, make cities, towns, and villages as you please. I am keeping notes though, for the names, because I had the names already drawn from a book I might write. This is for fun as well as ideas.

IC: Lith Turned slowly, he had heard the bumbling creature of course, but had figured it an animal. At the sound of the words, he slowly said, "I am hunting a traitor to my people, a drow of like mind as most of my race. He has killed someone close to me, and I am his assassin. Do not think that because I am young, that you will find me an easy opponent if you wish to fight. As for me, my name is Lith, and I am here for a single purpose, to kill Ralgan." Lith rested his hands on the grips of his katanas and waited.

Offline Twurly

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:03:40 PM »
Galdana stared off into the distant horizon, the sun already on the rise. Although it was still early in the day. She stared off into the serene picture of nature. It was beautiful to her, expressing and showing the majesty of God, the just, merciful, and caring God. Galdana came from an order of monks, following the Assene church. The Assene church was somewhat of a protector of the surrounding area in which it occupied. The church trained holy warriors as well as holy magic-users and healers. Galdana came from an Abbey where she spent half of her life training. She trained both as a warrior and healer. Although her chosen weapon was no standard one, but her body itself. She had trained with Bayan, the most respected master of hand-to-hand combat in the church. She had practiced for nearly twelve years from the age of fourteen to twenty-six. She could use her body in almost unhuman ways, but only in defence of herself or her moral code. Although fighting was her strong-suit, she is also a decent healer.
Her long golden brown hair flowed in the wind, her hood was down, showing her light complexion and light brown eyes. Her frame seems thin, although it is quite toned and very physically fit. She isin't bulky at all, and still retains her femine figure.
Equipped with only her brown cloak, clothes and pack, Galdana continues her journey through the land. Currently heading towards several mountains to the north.

Offline [T]nyx

• Find your castle...
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 08:25:11 AM »
OOC: Wow. a flexible medeival game. Just gets better and better :D. However, I'm not particularly good with names. Would anyone care to oblige? If not I have a wealth of fantasy books we can take a name from ;). WOuld it be possible for you guys to meet me hhalfway, say somewhere in the forest between us?

IC:
He could feel it the second he reached the city walls. Something was afoot. Not in the city; rather, it was outside. Further than the forest so he had no way of figuring out exactly where it was, but it left him disconcerted. There were some very impure feelings out there, and one very pure feeling of hate. He wondered what could possibly generate such an accessible mood. He decided he had to find out. He began to pelt home and on the way tossed a silver coin to a vendor while taking a cloth sack. He burst into his chamber and began throwing books into the sacks, and paused at the book of fire. "Just in case", he muttered as he threw the book into the sack. A small wineskin, some bread and cheese completed the bag and off he went. On his way out he decided to make a stop at the local smithy for some light chain mail. "Just in case."
Business concluded quickly and he left with a chain mail of a metal he could not place. It was surprisingly strong or all its lightness but he would wonder later.
He made his way to the city gates.

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 04:43:03 PM »
As soon as his wrists hit his blades, he quickly brought his left hand up and dropped a Globe of Darkness over the dwarf and himself. Mabye this creature can track, but I have no time to waste now Lith thought. He quickstepped past the dwarf, and attepted to kick the creatures legs out (OOC: Your choice on if you fall, but either way I must get past right now.) IC: and connected with something, what he could not tell, and rolled towards the edge of the cliff. Using another innate drow power, he quickly levitated down the face and rushed into the forest, leaving a suitable trail that even a human could follow(or dwarf  :wink:) and quickly disappeared.

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »
Borgom fell to the ground, stunned, he couldn't see, his legs were aching, and he was completely caught off guard. He should have just cut the drow down while he had the chance.

Infuriated, Borgom screamed "COME BACK DROW!" even though he was long gone.

When the globe of darkness wore off, Borgom returned to his village to tell of his news.
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline LithTheBlade

• The Blood Angel
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 06:03:02 PM »
Ralgan finally reached the city. He knew not its name, but he knew well enough that his contact was here. He took in the south wall of the town in a single glance, and then took five minute to disern the pattern of the gaurds. He climbed up the almost perfectly smooth wall, finding grips and fingerholds where a mere human would have found a glass like surface. He reached the top of the wall and quietly drew a dagger from his boot. He stood in a deep shadow and waited. He had noticed the gaurds covered almost there whole face, and most used long swords with dirks on their hips. His fighting style. He smiled at the foolish humans walking past, and finally grabbed one from behind, covering the mans mouth with one slender but strong hand, and quickly taking the man's vocal cords. The man, if found, should not die like this, Ralgan thought, and he quickly stabbed the man under his chin, passing the dagger through the man's mouth and into his brain. Ralgan quickly stripped the gaurd, and replaced all his armor and weapons with the man's. As long as no one talked to him, he would be invisable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lith ran through the woods, jumping, catching branches and swinging forward, anything he could to gain more speed. He saw the wall of the city his target had about three long hours after a man was already dead in a deep shadow. Lith stared at the city, and at the open sky once more. "D**n surface," he sneered, and he walked around the town. He finally spotted a small indent in the wall and move closer to examine it. There was a ten foot path into the city wall, and from there a stairwell down. Lith moved down these stairs carefully. A fine place to sleep tonight he thought to himself. He checked for hidden doors and traps, and finding none, he carefully perched himself under a wider table in the corner of the room, and fell into his reverie.