llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The War For Elvindorm  (Read 13136 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Chuckanator

• Master
    • Awards
The War For Elvindorm
« on: July 04, 2006, 12:47:10 AM »
r
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:56:40 AM by Chuckanator »

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
Re: The War For Elvindorm
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:24:44 AM »
Gideon sat in a tree, playing his little harp he always carried around. The life of a ranger could be quite boring, especially in the peaceful Kingdom of Elvindorm.

"One more day." Gideon said softly. A ranger stayed in the wilderness for a few months then went home for awhile, to take a break from the hard core job.

It was night soon and Gideon was about to leave for home when he saw something move in the darkness. Home will have to wait, he thought as he followed the person with his keen hearing.

He got right up to the person and was about to grab him when he stepped on a twig.

The man swung his sword around but Gideon sensed it and ducked. Judging on his hearing,  the person was right in front of him so he swung his sword andhe heard an "Agghhhhhhh!!!"

Gideon started swinging rapidly until he heard the body plop to the ground.

He dragged it into the moonlight and studied it. After a long while he found a patch on the man's cloak. "Prax!" he said in disguist. That name was all to familiar.
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 01:59:54 AM »
Gideon was speachless for a moment, not knowing whether to listen to the man or to ignore him.

He decided to talk to the King and let him take it from there.

So he started walking home to tell everyone of the news, sword in hand.
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:35:43 PM »
OOC:Hey Chuckanator, you might want to checking your writing. There are some errors in it.

Gideon was at the palace of the King and Queen the next morning.

"Who goes there." the guard said.

"Gideon the Ranger." he replied.

"Oh! Please come in Gideon. Always nice to have the King's #1 ranger in the Palace."

"Thank you." Gideon said, taking the compliment stoically.

He edventually got to the King's throne.

"Your majesty." Gideon said.

The King, concentrating on a book didn't notice him.

"Your majesty." Gideon said louder this time.

"Huh. Oh Gideon! What news do you have?" the King asked exitedly.

"Horrid news."

"Well here let's talk somewhere else." the king replied leading Gideon into a highly decorated room.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:15:05 PM by T-Bone »

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 06:57:43 PM »
Gideon popped back up instantly but the King was a little more slow (since he's used to sitting in his throne all day.) He had no clue what was going on since he hadn't even begun to talk about the news, but Gideon knew partially what was going on so he drew his sword and gave it to the King and got his bow and arrow for himeslf. The King seemed to fumble around with the sword but Gideon was ready for anything.The only thing that stopped him from killing this man who looked like a Praxian right now was to see what he wanted with this fellow elf he called Azrial the Great and to see what Azrial would do about it.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 01:49:32 AM »
Gideon knew he had to do something fast so without even thinking he shot an arrow straight into Beurox's head. Only being hit in the cheek, the Honor Knight still kept on fighting for a minute with forceful swings.

"Your majesty!" Gideon yelled. The King automatically knew what Gideon needed. He threw him the sword and Gideon went straight for the hand, chopping it off cleanly. Beurox screamed in agony.

"Now go back to your Queen and tell her that you have failed miserably, or I shall finish you off right now." Gideon said holding the sword up to the Honor Knight's neck.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A man darted through the mountains with his 3 ton, 15 foot orc trudging behind him. This man and his slave orc weren't running through this barren waste land for nothing, they were on a hunt, a bounty hunt.

The bounty hunter wore a blood stained, black cloak, with a twisted ebony sword strapped across his back.

"Valcombor, we stay here for the night." the man said.

The orc sat down causing a giant shake in the ground and quickly went to sleep.

The Hunter reached into his bag with his scaly, clawed hands and grabbed a blanket and went to sleep, sword in hand.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 02:08:15 PM »
Gideon helped Azrial up and went over to the King.

"Your majesty, this is the kind of thing that is happening in the forests. We must gather all our finest sodiers and Rangers, Elvindorm depends on it.

"Well then, we must get started right away! Follow me." the King replied.

They went back to the throne room and the King said to one of his servants "Jeremiah, I want you and all the other servants to send messages to all the Knights and Rangers of the Kingdom, tell them we have a war on our hands."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 10:14:48 AM »
The passage of the arrow was brief, a long and well placed shot. Draghazar didn't see the shot per se, but he heard it is it hummed through the air. It was fast so he was only able to click it once, a ruse simple enough to draw off the other timber bats, but not quite enough to cause his attention to waver. He fluttered to a less than graceful landing atop one of the crenellations of the castle wall. Draghazar scurried quickly across the stone, sending out several clicks until he found a suitably enclosed location, some place out of sight.

He forced himself to remember walking upright, to remember hands instead of wings, to remember his world in shades of color and not the sonar shapes of his chiroptean form. With a grisly popping noise his limbs elongated, the muscles doubling, tripling in mass as he swoll from a bat not more than a few ounces in weight to a 160 pound grown human. Draghazar stumbled about on his legs, wondering how long it had been since he had last walked. His eyes squinched as he tried to absorb the barrage of light and images, and he felt painfully deaf, blinded and deafened he staggered down the hallway. Figure approached, humanoid figures. He had to find someone, someone to help him defeat Prax and release his chiropten (bat) kindred.

Shivering and almost naked Draghazar stumbled towards Azrial and Gideon, riasing his hands to keep his balance and tried to speak...

"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRH HHRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAA GRAAAAAAAAAA!" he screamed quite a bit louder than he intended to.

(OOC Drag has been lurking about in a bat form for a rather long time, so he is a bit disoriented and will get his language skills straightened back out in a bit. Hope you gents dont mind me popping in)

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 04:24:44 PM »
OOC: Glad to have you aboard Scrasamax.

Gideon looked at this man that had stumbled into the room and was quite puzzled. He drew his sword and got into his battle stance, but when he saw the look of utter despair on the man's face  he eased up a little. "Sir?" Gideon asked puzzled. He looked around the room and saw a servant walking around. "You there, go fetch this man some clothes." Gideon said.

"Should we really trust this man, he just walked into the room babling and now you give him hospitality." the somewhat puzzled King asked.

"You majesty, I have seen some terrible men in my life, and this is not one of them." Gideon replied.

After the man got dressed in some clothes Gideon said "Now back to your original question Azrial, yes I will come with you."

So then the three left the castle to to embark on a mission that they thought would help them, but might turn out to assist to the whole Praxian army.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 01:28:29 AM by T-Bone »

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:02:17 PM »
OOC: Gideon's name is spelled G-I-D-E-O-N.   O not A Chuckanator

Hunter woke up from the first nap he had had in weeks, to some people talking. He looked a few meters away and he could see three men creeping around.

He woke Valcombor up once the men were gone, luckily he saw where they went.

"Come on you stupid orc." Hunter said as they followed the three men into the dark timber marshes. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 01:36:34 AM by T-Bone »

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 09:31:02 AM »
Draghazar stumbled along behind the duo, now feeling a bit more adjested to his new size. Having lived the last years weighing less than a pound, and now massing over 150 was quite a change. Being earthbound again was not such a good part of it though. He felt like his arms and legs were made of lead, and moving was taking more and more effort. His stomach gave a terrible churning growl. With a touch of irony, Drag realized that he had lived on insects for the last years and hadn't eaten a real human meal in something like 6 years.

"Hunnnn-gru...hungry" that was the word, the word he was looking for. It would have been so easy to translate that thought into sonar clicks, but words seemed alien now. "Draghazar hungry..." he said.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 02:06:09 PM »
Gideon sat and watched the conversation, wondering if Drag could even say the word Prax, or Elvindorm, or very much of anything for that matter. He ate a biscuit from his his napsack and then slowly drifted off to sleep.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meanwhile Hunter and Valcombor were lost in the dark, deadly, timber marshes.

"How could this be! I saw where they went and I followed them closely, but I must've underestimated them. We'll just have to keep walking until we find an opening in this horrible place." Hunter said.

They walked for awhile crossing paths with orcs every now and then, but quickly dipatching them with either the sting blade of the bounty hunter's blade, or the back breaking squeeze of the giant orc.

They finally came to to an opening in the mass of twisted trees and sticky bogs, but what then laid before them was something not even Valcombor would forget, the dark Kingdom of Prax.........

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 09:36:09 AM »
Draghazar ate the meat gratefully, filling his belly. While it lacked to familiar texture of a fluttery soft moth, or the tasty crack and crunch of a beetle, it was certainly more filling. He sniffed the meat several times, and then tore into it again. it had been a long time since he had tasted red meat, red meat from the bone. Even in the worst of human famines, there was never a decline in the insect populations.

After a few minutes he spoke, likely to the surprise of Gideon and Azrial. "I know Prax." His words were slow and spoken in a halting and broken fashion, though certainly better than the piercing shriek he had managed back at the castle. "Prax is evil. She has made slaves of my kin. My bat kin are her slaves. They bleed for her, spy for her...die for her. She wants everything, all world. Elvindorm just next."

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 03:20:37 AM »
"Where are we?" Hunter asked to no particular person.

"You are in the Kingdom of Prax, and you shall be seeing much more of it because you are now under arrest."

Hunter turned around and he saw a guard chasing after him. He pulled out his sword, but got wacked in the head by a staff causing him to fall unconcious.

Valcombor, being very loyal to his master, roared in anger and charged at the attacker. He then felt stinging pain everywhere, so he turned and giant rocks were being catapulted everywhere hurting him badly. The orc managed to kill alot of people before he passed out in pain.

A while later Hunter woke up in a dungeon to the pounding of a guard on his cell door.

"Wake up....! Don't make me come in there!" the guard yelled.

Hunter stood up but was immediately beat down by the guard ( who had opened the cell door by now.)

He dragged Hunter by his chain to the throne room fo Queen Sidous Prax.

As he was being dragged, Hunter's cloak tore some showing his reptilian scales some.

His blood red, pupil-less eyes were flaming with anger at being treated like a rag doll, he was the finest bounty hunter in all the land.

"Here is the prisoner my Queen." the guard said. "Get up scum!" he yelled to Hunter.

Hunter got up, waiting, and wondering about what would happen next.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:38:11 AM by T-Bone »

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 01:39:53 PM »
OOC: Chuckanator, only Hunter is in the throne room, not Valcombor, but that's O.K.

"I do not have a name, but people call me The Hunter, for I am a very feared bounty hunter. What do you want with me?"

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 01:11:40 AM »
"On a few conditons." Hunter said. "I get some armor, a new cloak, and my sword back...Then we have deal."

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 02:51:24 PM »
Hunter followed the guard into a room filled with millions of weapons and armory. The guard gave him a helmet, but Hunter didn't like helmets."No helmet." he said.

He picked through alot of armor before he got what he wanted. Hunter ended up with very few things. He didn't like so much weight on him, so he only got a chest piece, forearm pieces, and some chain male. He then was led to another room where he got his sword back, next he went to go realease Valcombor.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Back near the creek, Gideon, had luckily been awake just in time for Azrial's shocking statement. "We...We should probably head out soon, it's getting late and the orcs will crawl back into the mountains after a bit which should give us a chance to get into Praxian territorry." Gideon said, once he could get the words out of his mouth. "You should both get some sleep, I will stay up and guard, and wake you up when I think we should leave."

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 03:30:55 PM »
Drag felt numb, the sun burned brightly above the land, and his body remembered sleeping during these luminous hours. He felt the urge to let his talons bite into stone and to roost in one of the stone eyries that houses the millions of bats who livd in the darkness. But instead, he felt the soft earth and fallen leaves beneath the leathery bottoms of his feet. He flexed his toes, missing the sureity of talons. He looked at Gideon, and to Azriel. They wore swords and armor. He himself wore scraps of clothing and had no weapon, so shining length of steel.

"If the orcans will stand with you, and you are whom he claims," Draghazar said, "Sidious Prax may be defeated. it will take the full might of Elvindorm and her allies, and the grace of the gods of light and dark, but it can happen. But as things are, I am neither a warrior nor a sorcerer. I enter this knowing full well that I many not see it's conclusion alive." He said with a resigned tone.

"But we should press on," he bowed to Azriel, son of Rolen, rightful king of Elvindorm.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 02:54:31 AM »
Once Hunter got Valcombor back they were hot on the trio's trail. He had a feeling they were somehow connected to Elvindorm and the war.

When Hunter was still in the Praxian Castle he happened to sneak some more armor off some suites in the hall. He got some spiked shoulder pads and some spike, armored gloves.

Hunter and Valcombor then traveled into the woods where Gideon, Azriel, and Drag were. Hunter soon saw movement. He signaled for Valcombor to stay where he was as he crept up closer. He saw two elves and a human, and they all resembled the men that he saw before. He signaled back to Valcombor telling him to follow once more. Hunter then decided to confront the band so he walked out and said "Well Well Well, What do we have here. Two elves and a human camped out near Praxian territory. Isn't it ironic that the Praxian kingdom is planning to attack the elves and some elves are camped out here. You weren't thinking of spying were you?" Hunter then drew out his sword and Valcombor stomped in behind him.

OOC: You can injure the two slightly but do not kill them. And remember, Hunter is very, very skilled and Valcombor is a giant orc so make it a good fight.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:57:05 AM by T-Bone »

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »
Seeing the massive orc igniting something in Drag's chest. He could feel his pulse beating hard and fast in his ears, pounding in his skull like a war drum. He took a lurching step, his hands spasming, he made a gurgling noise in his throat. He could feel it, he could see the brilliant fire of the moon in his sun-blinded eyes. He could feel the wind against the skin of his wings. The world exploded again into a panoply of sound echoes and scents. Yet something was different, he felt the weight of the human body, but it seemed both greater and lighter at the same time. The scent of great roc tickled his nose again, along with the scent of elf-flesh.

Gideon and Azriel were able to see Drag begin to twitch, and a slobber at the mouth. Suddenly the small man sprouted hair across his arms and legs, his ears flopping out like tattered sails, his mouth splitting to show a row of needle sharp teeth. Hunter faced something different. His armor pulsed several times, an intense burst that made his teeth hum in his jaws and upset his balance...

Ancient texts, those that Sidious had consulted when creating Draghazar, spoke of the Chiropteran Maruader, the dreaded nightmare form of the werebat. The danger presented by Valcomber, and the presence of the two elves ignited the power within the man who had spent the last decade as a tiny bat. Drag gnashed his teeth, and though bats do not roar, Valcomber was blasted with pulsed waves of sonar clicks that rattled his teeth and left him unbalanced and slightly nauseous...

Drag leapt upon the larger orc, biting deeply into the beast's meaty shoulder with his needle sharp teeth.

(OOC - Drag is a werebat and is basically immune to mundance, non-magical, non-silver weapons. The Sonar pulses disrupt the inner ear making balance, and agility tasks much more difficult. The subject of the pulses is made dizzy, and might become ill from the attack. He also has a very clear image of the subject, down to their bones and other solid objects they have. This form wont last very long, and he isnt going to kill Val, just jump on him like a rabid Chihuahua)

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 04:59:31 PM »
Valcombor roared in pain then swung at the werebat but missed. It was not usuall for Valcombor to miss an opponent, especially with his humongous hands. He swung a second time and this hit the mark, sending Drag into some trees. The giant, dizzy orc got up slowly and stumbled to a tree and ripped it out of the ground, roots and all. Valcombor was begining to feel better but at a very, very slow pace. It would take about an hour for him to regain all his strength. He held the tree like a baseball bat, waiting for Drag's next move.

Hunter felt as if there was an earthquake right under him. He lost his balance some and almost fell. He then looked back at Valcombor and saw that the giant orc didn't need any help. He wanted to sit down but he knew he would be killed by the Gideon and Arzriel if he did, he had to fight, besides, he had endured worse things. Hunter's body gradually got over the shock, not a whole lot of weapons or attacks from this realm could effect him very much.The only weapons that could hurt him badly were the weapons forged in his realm, and only the most darkest, most sinister people wielded those. He could still be effected by the things in this realm just not very badly.

He ran over to Gideon and swung at  him but the elf blocked it. Gideon took a swing at Hunter's head but Hunter ducked. He didn't duck quite quick enough though, because he got knicked on the shoulder. This would have left a pretty good gash in a normal man but Gideon's sword couldn't penetrate Hunter's thick scales. The sword did leave a big tear in his black cloak, leaving Hunter's scales out in the open.

"What the......" Gideon said, very confused.

Hunter smirked and pressed on, swinging his sword through the air. Gideon knew he couldn't keep up much longer he was not very skilled with the sword, archery was his true field of play.

Hunter swung at Gideon, the elf blocked it but the bounty hunter had planned this, Hunter then did a blazing fast move sending Gideon's sword into some bushes. Gideon looked at Azriel as if to say telepathically, Help me!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 12:31:29 AM by T-Bone »

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 07:46:53 AM »
Drag could feel his pulse down into his claws, they twitched and his tongue quivered for another taste of the orc's hot blood. He spread his wings and leapt into the air. With several powerful stroke he rose above the trees and away from the reach of the orc and his oaken club. He circled the brute, pulsing it with sonar clicks. Each throbbing pulse came from a different direction, and Drag let out a long thin howl of animalistic glee as he swung down behind Valcomber.

The werebat crashed into the orc's back, racking the muscles with his claws and bitting deep into the orc's neck. He took a long hard drink of the orc's blood, battering the creature's head and face with his wingtips.

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 03:18:24 PM »
All the thoughts (which weren't to much) of himself getting better, fled from Valcombor instantly. It was all to much for him, he was being attacked from all directions. He shook Hunter off his back then took the tree and swung it at Azriel, flinging the elf into some trees. He roared and reached behind him and grabbed Drag and threw him.

Gideon retrieved his sword and got his bow out and went up into a tree and shot Hunter, but the result was the arrow plopping to the ground in front of the bounty hunter. Hunter turned towards where the bow had been shot and started walking slowly. As he got up closer he saw some thing shifting in the trees. He was about to swing at it when he heard something else. He looked up further into the mountains and about a mile away the orcs were coming out!

"Valcombor!" he yelled.

Valcombor, who was running towards Drag, stopped emmediately when he heard his master. Valcombor lumbered towards Hunter and waited for what he was going to do next.

Hunter looked at Drag on the ground, Gideon supposedly in the trees, and Azriel, who was stuck in some trees, and he walked off.

Valcombor looked at him, puzzled, because they usually finished what they started.

Hunter saw Valcombors puzzled expression and said "They're as good as dead, the orcs will be coming down here soon and they will take them to their layer in the mountains."  And with that, Hunter ran off.

Valcombor wanted to finish off the foes but he could not argue with his master so he followed.

When Hunter was gone Gideon got down from the tree and got Azriel out of the tree, and after a few moments of thinking if he really should, he went and nudged Drag a little. Once every one was up Gideon said to Azriel "I heard this so called Hunter speak of the orcs coming out now so we must hurry and seek shelter!"

Offline T-Bone

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 12:59:14 PM »
He stumbled into the room filled with all the clanking silverware, and all the joyful people eating. Hunter was ashamed to show his face after such a loss but he knew he would have to sooner or later.

When everyone saw them their jaws dropped as they stared at the greusome scene.

Hunter's cloak was once nice, but now blood stained and torn, showing his scales. Everyone had turned around except for Sidous, but Hunter could tell she was about to. So Hunter stood there, waiting for a comment from the Queen.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 11:58:15 PM »
"Never send children to de men's jobs." Halvor said, one of the dour and mirthless men of Nyir. His fists were thick like hamhocks and his face though smooth shaven had a rough aspect to it, like granite weathered by sun and rain.