llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Banned from chat, For no reason!  (Read 1302 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Dark-Lord

Banned from chat, For no reason!
« on: June 20, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »
I didn't know where to put this, I decided this would be the best place.

I was recently banned from the chat when I did nothing! I had just entered it and sid two things "Hi" and "What?" And was banned for no apparant reason. I find this extremely insulting and wish for it to be corrected.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Banned from chat, For no reason!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:54:11 AM »
I have no problem going public if that is what you wish. I will copy and paste the PM I just finished sending and then expand a little but first:

You were not banned for your actions yesterday when you said "Hi" and "What?". You have been banned for your cumulative actions over the past X months and the building disruption you are causing on the site.

Well, you can play innocent if you want and I don’t really have to justify myself because you already clicked OK on the reason for the ban while you were in the chat but…

1) Show me you contribution to the site.
2) (assuming you can do that) Why shouldn’t I ask you how to prove that you haven’t been disruptive since there is no quantitative evidence that you are productive anywhere on the site.

The main reason that you have been banned is because you are disruptive. You many not disrupt every conversation but I would wager that a high percentage of chats are thrown off because of your arrival and actions there. I have received multiple emails from multiple people saying thins and there are many that will just leave or stop talking once you arrive. When it starts to affect people in those kind of ways I *must* take some sort of action. There are many that would just rather see you completely banned from the site since all you do (did) was come in with your end of the world crap. That annoyed a lot of people just because it was so stupid. But I let that go, I will not let this go.

If you want to ask for permissions back for the chat in a month or so, you are going to have to prove that you want to be a constructive part of the site.

OK, you were ONLY banned from the chat. If you were a constructive member of what this Citadel stands for that shouldn't bother you at all since you still have access to EVERYTHING else. If a couple people had their way you would be banned completely from the site. Why? you ask. Because you contribute nothing constructive while bothering pretty much everybody with your end of the world crap and meaningless conversation railroading nonsense chat that always seems to come up when you are in the chatroom. The occassional disruptions by your 'friends' does nothing to help your case either.

Also, don't think that it is just a single person with some sort of vendetta against you. Over the months I have gotten probably a half dozen PMs and the Admins have spent WAY too much time on the topic of what to do with you. This is also a disruption that I could do without. So the least of all evils is to ban you from the chat. It saves those

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:03:26 AM »
Remember what Murometz and I said to you in the chat yesterday, Andrew.

You seem to love doomsday stuff, so instead of bugging us with it: Create something. Create doomsday stuff. Create a doomsday demon. Create a doomsday item. Create a doomsday countdown calendar.

Then accept our votes. Learn from them.

Contribute - Read feedback - Learn - Improve

Then come to the chat and talk about something worthwhile: Our hobby, RL or whatever.

We would like to have you as a constructive member of the site.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Dark-Lord

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 07:57:48 AM »
Just serveral questions.

1. What friends?
2. Who's Andrew?

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 08:05:32 AM »
According to the people that somehow manage to log on about 1-2 minutes before you do, such as "hustla" (and others in the past), you are Andrew.

According to the same people they are your friends.

That is not of essence, however. If you are serious about this you should listen to what we say. We mean every word of it.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Dark-Lord

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:11:25 AM »
Just to clear things up, I don't know those people at all. They must be posing as my friends or something. Also, my name's not Andrew.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:45:43 AM by Dark-Lord »

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 02:48:40 PM »
Okay, then we could just go for some of your own charming outbursts in the chat.  Before you calmed some, there were some doozies.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »
C'mon, Dark-Lord, give it a rest.  We've all offered the olive branch.  Either accept it and submit something, or reject us and go.  None of this making a fuss in the chat and then complaining about the consequences.  We'd all love if you'd write something constructive.  Give it a try.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4