llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: FF7  (Read 4873 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Slayer

• Apprentice
    • Awards
FF7
« on: May 15, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
What do you think of that new movie FF7 Advent Children.I liked it. :moon:
TRUST ME.
Break the chains of fate that bind you I did.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: FF7
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »
Well.. It had cool fight scenes and scenery and all of that, but it basically didn't have a story. If you're into hour-and-a-half long fight scenes, Advent Children is pretty cool.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 12:49:31 AM »
Yeah, the plot was a little shaky, but it was pretty enough I give it a pass.  ^^
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 01:03:33 AM »
New? I downloaded it back in september  :shock:
I loved it, mostly because the first cut scene in FF7 i almost peed myself, i never thought videogames could do that and always wished there was a final fantasy movie
yes, i am one of few that has seen the spirits within over and over.
so basically this movie was a childhood dream come true so i am severly bias therefore... ::mumbles, drools then falls over::
I was too visually in awe to care about plotline flaws

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Slayer

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:22:07 AM »
YEAH it's a little off but i Liked it though I still perfer the Cloud Srife from the FF7 game. :moon:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:24:49 PM by Slayer »
TRUST ME.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 01:35:02 AM »
Who cares about Cloud.  Mmm... Vincent...

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Slayer

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:35:03 AM »
Vincent he's all right. :moon:
TRUST ME.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »
Advent Children...

Rented it
Will but it when the price comes down, and the price will come down.

What can I say, if you spent the 60+ hours needed to beat FFVII, then this movie needs no explanation. If not, it will just leave you scratching your head in confusion. It could have been better if they hadnt tried so hard to get everybody into the movie, how vital were Yuffie, Red 13, Barret, etc etc? Really would have been better if they had just gotten cameos and left the main story to the Turks, Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent.

Was it just me or did Cloud really really look like Barry Pepper? Cloud's motorcycle was cool as hell, and all of the sword combinations and limit breaks looked awesome.

The fight with Bahamut could have been better, though the dragon-summon looked wicked and the whole Cloud-Rail-gun was spectacular.

I liked Rude.

Sephiroth was well done, and the second trashing of Midgar was Matrix style over the top. The movie had the same level of value on guns as the game did, with Cloud busting more bullets away with his sword than a cadre of Jedi Knights, and even being shot in the chest from behind and then walking it off. Captured the feeling of the Game very well but as a movie doesnt succede to well on its own.

some of the upcoming games looked cool. I will be buying FFVII: Gates of Cerberus, or whatever the Vincent FPS is called.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline DragonRhapsody

• Pink Bunny Love
  • Apprentice
  • The Force of the Bunny is strong in this one...
    • DragonRhapsody.com
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 10:38:45 AM »
WAIII~~!!

Ah ahm a fangirl! XD

Cloud is teh smexx! I love FF7! It's still my fave Final fantasy game because I really really like the characters and the plot and all that jazz! The only other FF games I have, to compare it to, are FF 1&2 on my Gameboy and FF9.

I still like FF7. <33

I loved the movie, too, I got to see it when it came out in Japan, because my friend downloaded a version with subtitles and it was amazing and sooooooo good! XD I just loved it! I love the ringtone! I really want that ringtone....>D

www †  artcraft

Offline Slayer

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 11:17:33 AM »
The plot of the game was pretty nice. :moon:
TRUST ME.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »
Well, I will sum it up like this:

Wife talking to son after sitting down and watching about 10 minutes of the movie:

Wife: You like this movie?
Son: Yeah!
Wife: Do you understand what is going on?
Son: Nope...?

---5 minute pause watching---

Wife: Cools fight scenes?
Son: Yep!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 09:14:50 PM »
I will just point out that the American release DVD (the one I got, at least), has a video that basically goes through all the cutscenes (and thus the entire plot) of the game.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 11:44:25 AM »
Advent Children...

Rented it
Will but it when the price comes down, and the price will come down.

What can I say, if you spent the 60+ hours needed to beat FFVII, then this movie needs no explanation. If not, it will just leave you scratching your head in confusion. It could have been better if they hadnt tried so hard to get everybody into the movie, how vital were Yuffie, Red 13, Barret, etc etc? Really would have been better if they had just gotten cameos and left the main story to the Turks, Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent.

Was it just me or did Cloud really really look like Barry Pepper? Cloud's motorcycle was cool as hell, and all of the sword combinations and limit breaks looked awesome.

The fight with Bahamut could have been better, though the dragon-summon looked wicked and the whole Cloud-Rail-gun was spectacular.

I liked Rude.

Sephiroth was well done, and the second trashing of Midgar was Matrix style over the top. The movie had the same level of value on guns as the game did, with Cloud busting more bullets away with his sword than a cadre of Jedi Knights, and even being shot in the chest from behind and then walking it off. Captured the feeling of the Game very well but as a movie doesnt succede to well on its own.

some of the upcoming games looked cool. I will be buying FFVII: Gates of Cerberus, or whatever the Vincent FPS is called.

I pretty much agree word for word with this post :)

I admit, quite a few years ago I was quite the FF7 addict, so I was looking forward to this movie the second I heard about it.

Anywho. Even if I hadn't understood a single thing, all would have been forgiven as soon as sephiroth - clearly the best character out of any final fantasy game - appeared.

So anyway - does the american version have an english translation? All I saw was the japanese language one (which was the way I would have preferred to see it anyway, mind you.)
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 12:48:24 PM »
I rented my copy from the local video shack and it was in English, no subtitles, but almost all of the extra stuff on the disc was subtitled in english. That was annoying since it meant I couldnt do anything but watch the tv.

Offline Slayer

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 11:19:52 AM »
on the movie did anybody check the special features :moon:
TRUST ME.

Offline DragonRhapsody

• Pink Bunny Love
  • Apprentice
  • The Force of the Bunny is strong in this one...
    • DragonRhapsody.com
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »
Nope, mine was a ripped and subtitled version straight from Japan. I saw it before it was released in Canada ^__^

www †  artcraft

Offline Rei

• ~Cursed Demi-God~
  • Master
  • "Death to all sinners"
    • My happy gallery xD
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 03:49:06 AM »
Actually... FF7 is the first 3D Ps game FF game... and it has the best story in all FF games, and can be continued... so I guess its meaningful for them to do a movie of it... their even remaking the game at PS2....
"Mostly... Mothers have the best mood destroying ability"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 07:08:25 AM »
Best story? I don't know that I can agree on that. Now it was the best selling of the FF games that is a fact.

I think the best story goes to FFX, which completely blew me away. FFIII would have to come in second with FF:Tactics being in a solid third place.

Offline Rei

• ~Cursed Demi-God~
  • Master
  • "Death to all sinners"
    • My happy gallery xD
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 09:01:35 AM »
Oh well... different people have different tastes anyway....
I only followed what the king maker said >_<

I only know that FF8 has the worst gameplay...
[why? cause when you level up, the enemies will to...]
[so for short... you can possibly finish the game with a low level...]

[And, OH yeah! FF7 is the very root of all Ideas in FF.... XP]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:04:05 AM by Rei »
"Mostly... Mothers have the best mood destroying ability"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 03:37:07 PM »
I really, really hope they're actually gonna rerelease VII on PS2... that would be nice.  I know they've made a bunch of sequal games based on it, but VII is what I like.  Also, does anyone know if they ever actually released III in the States?  I've never even seen a copy of that one.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 11:57:42 PM »
Okay, the whole FF number thing can be confusing at times.

I have FFIII for my decrepid and ancient SNES...How many people remember that system? I tihnk in chronological order, my FFIII is actually either 4 or 5 in the regular numbered/japanese sequence.

Cuz I think FFII was really IV, FFIII was V, and VI wasnt released in the Us, but was available on the FF- chronicles set, but only in Japan. First game that detailed the Job system, that dint appear in the US until FFT

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 12:36:10 AM »
I have American copies of Chronicles, which was IV and Chrono Trigger, and Anthology, which was V and VI.