Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Evil GM tricks

(1/3) > >>

drphluid:
Manfred’s submission to the “Manfred's list of incredibly cool websites that he doesn't..� has given me the idea for this thread.

What are some cool/nasty/evil things that you have done to you player characters?

drphluid:
Once I gave a party a ring that told the holder (who ever picked it up) that it would grant the owner one wish.  But in exchange the wearer had to give up a constitution (con) point permanently.

If the character agreed the ring would consume the con point permanently and grant the wearer the one wish.  The ring failed to tell the wearer that the ring only had power do accomplish these tasks inside the room where it was found and that once the ring was removed from the room all its powers were lost.

Depending on the order that this happened in the character could lose the con point for nothing.

This idea was taken almost verbatim from the advanced D&D module “White Plume Mountain�

CaptainPenguin:
See "Favorite Game Moments"

KingOfChaos:

--- Quote ---Manfred’s submission to the “Manfred's list of incredibly cool websites that he doesn't..� has given me the idea for this thread.
--- End quote ---

Would my site have anything to do with the inspiration for this topic? ;)

I think the most EVIL thing done in any game I have played in would have to be the shadow dragon.  The d**ned thing can come out of a shadow as small as one cast by a gnome!  So here is my 14th level gnome wizard running for his life when the dragon he was trying to get away from jumps out of his shadow and stomps him to dirt :P

drphluid:

--- Quote from: "CaptainPenguin" ---See "Favorite Game Moments"
--- End quote ---

Oh well and for more bad news, I can not find "Favorite Game Moments" I even looked for the queens english version "Favourite Game Moments" just in case, but I could not find it either.

p.s. I got

--- Quote ---phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
--- End quote ---

Three times when I tried to quote this  :cry:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version