llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The world ended...  (Read 1833 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
The world ended...
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:26:19 PM »
Forty-Three days early, the world had come to a sudden end. I had a dream, a prophetic dream, the night before so I was well aware that I was living the last day well in advance. I got out some lost scrolls (well, found scrolls now) and did some crazy ass chants and was able to put the world in a state of Groundhog (in homage to movie Groundhog Day) so you wouldn't notice what was going on. In the Found Scrolls version of Groundhog I was able to subtley inhibit your grasp of reality to the point that whenever you were about to realize that the end of the world has come, that thought would be replaced by the memory of a failed attempt to access www.strolen.com. Through this brilliant use of ancient triassic and jurassic metabolizing of grapefruit I extended the power to actually reverse the flow of time and reset the end of the world. This portion only ended an hour ago, so the continued forced memories of a failed attempts were no longer necessary since there was no worry about your conscienceness comprehending the end of the world since, as I have mentioned, it has been reversed. Many think you can go back in time by flying quickly around the world ala Superman, but the trick truly is in the grapefruit. So, now you can see the website again, lickety-split.

Subnote: As some may know, I have a few other websites on the host. In my attempt to get one of them working I tweaked the session location to allow it to work. It did work, because I am brilliant. Where my Einstonian brilliance did fail me was the in the Socratic method of asking revealing questions. Mainly, "Will this change adversly affect other said webpages." Through experimentation, I found that three page loads were no problem so I went to bed not understanding that 5 page loads later the site would come to a cataclysmic halt. Through further quantum ignorance, I had no idea that the website was down, ergo, I left it, it was working, therefore, it is working until I view it then it may be working or not and my viewing of it will solidify the truth, yet by viewing it I completely alter the truth. So, I finally viewed it at work and observed it in the action of being inactive yet didn't know if I could trust my vision or if it was simply Plato's shadows on the wall twisting reality.

Then came the path less traveled through the alternate reality of 'the terminal' and trying to retrace my faint inept steps through the caverns of a tired and demented mind in search of a grain of truth amidst the dunes of madness. Behold, I have the Golden Ticket and ate the candy and added it to my daily intake of anti-health food and was able to fix something somewhere. Later, I was in such a uncomprehensive mood that I started spouting and typing in a spout of ignorant philosophical untrue metaphors.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The world ended...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:10:48 PM »
Sooo.... basically, what you're saying is you broke the site and didn't notice for at least a day.  I may have to hurt you now.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 05:36:28 AM »
That's very unphilosophical of you, Ria.

But hey, it's working now... we may have to leave out a few procedures. Now where was that scroll of torture techniques again...  :twisted:
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:59:33 AM »
Phew. I thought the job admins had shut me out in the cold. Glad to see it is just fumble-fingers-Strolen :p
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:39:12 PM »
Well Strolen, I would join in the fun but I want you well enough to not mess up the site again.  :D
One can cure oneself of the not un- formation by memorizing this sentence: A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.  Orwell

(13:23:49) (Chinchillas): See? You can write like an 4$$h013 when you're not writing like a pompous 4$$h013.

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 07:31:33 AM »
I had thought it was my office network again locking me out of certain websites...
Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 11:06:25 PM »
... Are you saying that there are websites that you need to be locked out of?   :twisted:
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 07:27:18 AM »
*Shadoweagle Bludgeons Strolen with the Cudgel of sense-making +7*
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.