llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Darkest Hour  (Read 11993 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2003, 05:47:18 PM »
((OOC: I don't mind, and I don't think the others do either.  It just sometimes takes us a while to respond to a post.))
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2003, 05:50:28 PM »
OOC: :oops: Thats Ok I 'm A co;;edge student I know how it goes!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2003, 08:23:32 PM »
(OCC: I second Ria Hawk's comment. Feel free to keep posting. Collage students Untie...I mean, Unite. BTW, if you're still with us, could you gave us a description of your charaters?)
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2003, 10:06:29 PM »
OCC: I really dont mind you posting. You can join if that is what you want.

Galrith stopped escaping after a while he knew he couldnt let himself be caught by the guards, not until he had caught up with Jassaca. He decided to searcch the ground again for her footprints and not long after a while he was on path to intercept her again. The path wasnt hard to follow since she was running not caring about hiding her footsteps.
There are only two unlimited things:
The universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not so sure about the universe.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2003, 10:37:43 PM »
Jasaca ran swiftly through the woods, being as quiet as possible.  She just wanted to get away.  Away from Galrith, away from the soldiers, away from Ranath period.  Things had gone so wrong.  From what she'd heard, Ranath had ordered his men to burn a nearby village.  And I bet I know which one.  
She was preoccupied.  That was the only excuse she could come up with later.  Suddenly, so suddenly she knocked the breath out of herself, she literally ran into someone and fell over.  She looked up.  DAMMIT.  She had run clear into Galrith, who was the second-to-last person she wanted to see right now.  He must have found her tracks and gone around to cut her off.  She scrambled to her feet, and took off running again, knowing in her heart she wasn't likely to get away.  I'll probably see you in a little while, my love.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2003, 10:50:59 PM »
Galrith was fully concentrated in the footprints and catching up with Jassaca when he bumped into someone. When he raised his head he discovered that it was the same person that he was chasing and he did not have enough time to grab her before she started running away.
He chased her through the valley and then she tired herself out in the middle of a clear spot. He walked very slowly towards her with both his swords in his hands.
"Seems like you ran out of running space......"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2003, 11:10:23 PM »
Jasaca sank to her kness, exhausted.  As she had known he would, Galrith had caught up to her.  "I'm sick of running, anyway."  She looked up at him defiantly as he approached.  "You'll have to kill me, you know.  I won't let you, or anyone else take me back to Ranath.  Not after what that bastard did to me."  Galrith looked momentarily confused, and suddenly all of the anger she had been forcing down exploded.  "Arranged marriage!  Ha!  He'd always wanted to marry me.  But he had always also scared me.  A lot.  Then Arimine, the elven ambassador showed up.  Gods, I loved that man.  We were going to be married.  But Ranath has never understood that there are some things in this world he can't have.  Me, for instance.  Before we could announce our engagement, he had Arimine imprisoned on some false charge, and was going to have him executed."  She laughed bitterly.  "The same day he announced that, he announced that a marriage had been arranged between him and myself.  d**n him.  Well, I wasn't going to stand for it.  I bribed one of the guards.  Arimine and I fled, and we d**n near made it to safety.  But Ranath set the Dark Guard on us.  They killed Arimine, and almost killed me.  But I got away.  I gather that the guards told the tale that Arimine kidnapped me, or some such thing."  She laughed again, anger pushing her near hysteria.  She got a grip on herself.  "I understand that you think I had something to do with Ranath's current behavior.  Don't you understand?  He's aways been crazy."  She chnaged her position slightly, sitting down.  She pulled her knees up to her chest.  "Always."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2003, 11:36:30 PM »
((OOC:  :oops: Awww! geee! OKay lets see Adel and Gareth are both elves and therefore possess the the regular physical appearance of such. Distinguishing characteristics are as follow:

Adel: Long ( down to bottom of waist) Brown Hair with soft blonde streaks near her face. Viridian colored eyes and fair skin.  She carries an Amber amulet that is the stabilizer of her powers (keeps her from over or under doing it)  Her story: Accompanied by her friend and protector Gareth they search for a book of spells. Adel, though Gareth, who clearly knows more about the situation than Adel does, has not yet told her all because they were forced to flee so abruptly, has the power to wield magic. She has not yet learned to use her magic, and though Gareth knows a few simple spells, he lacks the power that adel has.

As for Gareth as I said before also elven, he has two difrent color eyes One blue the other green. His history is that he was transformed into a cat to travel with Adel as a child and protect her her mother died jus after giving her child to some strangers to care for her All that has happened has been somewhat according to a prophecy, however the prophecy was never finished being deciphered because the druid which was deciphering it was mysteryously killed.  He has since been transformed back into a man and soon after was forced to flee from th eonly home that either of them had ever known. they first must find the book then see what clues it may offer!!!))
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2003, 09:14:34 PM »
Galrith watched the woman closely and listened to her even more closely, he started to remember that woman that he had taken care of when he was a body guard he remembered that kind soul but he heard the part of Ranath being crazy that made his anger come right back.
"My king is not crazy you made him something" but looking at her face he knew she hadnt done anything to him, he was looking at someone to place the blame for the terrible act he had done and Jassaca was just a very convenient escape goat. He raised his dagger again, "tell me what you ve done to him or i swear for the gods that im...." he grabbed Jassaca from her hair and pulled back exposing her neck, but then he saw the tears from her eyes and all the memmories came back. He could only hold the dagger for another second before breaking to his knees.
"Im sorry," he said "Im truly sorry, you can kill me if you want," he said and he passed the dagger to her "terrible deeds I ve comited and im past any redemption, Im so sorry i just want to rest know," and saying this he laid down in the ground with his eyes contemplating the sky.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2003, 11:35:27 PM »
Adel gave Gareth her amulet he immediatly began to mumble to himself.
 Adel asked " what are you doing" he quickly held his hand up to silence her.

"I am trying to remember th words.... arias... no thats not right..."

"Gareth, word for what?  I really wish you wouldn't be so secretive..." she then realized what had happened between th othr two not wanting to be too nosy she asked no questions only listened. She was not used to all this commotion, and was transfixed by the others show of emotions... she sat down near them and watched as the man dropped to the ground.  She did not understand which emotion he was portraying, remorse... humility... or maybe love; maybe all. Gareth continued unaware of everything trying to find the words that would unlock the amulets power.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2003, 11:54:18 PM »
Jasaca looked at Galrith.  "I don't want to kill you," she said quietly.  "I blame Ranath, not you.  I'm sure you thought you were only doing what was right; I know that may not seem like an excuse, but it does make a difference.  Keep in mind you weren't the only one taken in.  And you're not the only one with regrets."  There was a brief moment when her voice was filled with pain, but it passed quickly.  She thought for a moment.  "Something needs to be done about Ranath, though.  He's gone entirely too far, and it will only get worse."  She glanced up, and saw two people in the surrounding woods.  She didn't know who they were, but she didn't think they posed a threat.  She didn't say anything though.  Now was not the time.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2003, 12:39:56 PM »
Adel inchined closer and closer hoping to see and hear more of what they were saying. her curiosity over came her as she slowly crouched to the ground hoping not to be seen she began forward...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2003, 10:39:38 PM »
"Right now i could use a good rest" Galrith said, "i cant remember when was the last time i slept. Leave me here, the imperial guard is not far behind and they will catch us soon. Leave this place i beg you".

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2003, 12:55:37 PM »
Celdric tugged his borrowed clothing into place. It's a good thing Warren is close to my size. I really don't care to be naked any longer then necessary.
As he walked back to the grove of twisted pine trees, where he'd left his student and friend, he heard the sound of metal meeting metal. He sprinted to the trees and arrived just as one of the group of soldiers decapitated Warren.

"NO!!"

The men looked up at Celdric's shout, surprised momentairly but quickly recovering. Celdric simply stood in place for a few moments, long for the men to get half way to him, before his brain started working again.

Good going moron! Now MOVE!!

He bolted back the way he came, hoping to lose his persuers in the trees.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2003, 05:08:07 PM »
Jasaca's head jerked up at the sound of a fight and a shout.  "It sounds like they're all ready here.  I think we should get out of here now.  And yes, that we includes you.  Come on."

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2003, 10:06:15 PM »
"Im way past redemption, and in the state i am i dont know what i can do but slow you down. But if that is really your wish i ll tag along and do my best to right this terrible wrong i have done" Galrith rose to his feet and put away both his swords and started to follow Jassaca´s lead.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2003, 07:51:15 AM »
Adel seeing the now fear-like quality that had fallen upon all that stood quickly called out to Gareth, " let us follow these people they know their way better that we, and ther is great evil coming." Gareth, not paying much attention, continued to try and find the right words. Adel grabbed his arm and yanked him along with her.  He then snapping back to his surroundings followed her quickly.  They were right behind the other party however the fight was just behind them.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2003, 11:58:05 PM »
Celdric charged into the clearing just in time to see Adel and Gareth vanishing into the trees. He came to a stop in the center and turned to face the on-coming party of humans, breathing hard. The guards arrived at the clearing and stopped warily just within it, watching and wondering the sudden change in action. Celdric grinned at them before taking off back into the forest, on a course perpendicular to the one the others took. A short distance back in, he jumped for a low branch of a sturdy tree, grabbed it, scrambled up into the branches, and waited while trying to stiffle the sound of his breathing.

I wonder if they're alright...Jessaca too.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »
Adel seeing the young Man turned quickly to Gareth now she was confused she didn't know exactly what they were running from and Whom she ought to follow she decided to follow th epathe that was already before her.  the young man was no longer in sight and they did not know th etarrain in which they were traveling.  As though Gareth could sense her confusion he reached over and clasped her hand as they foolowed the small party deeper in to the forest.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2003, 09:19:12 PM »
Jasaca could hear people.  Lots of people.  Some voices she recognized.  Please don't let that idiot Holden be in charge.  Of all the soldiers stationed at Ranath's castle, Holden was the one she was really afraid of.  Him and the king himself were two of a kind.  Granted, she wasn't sure if Holden was as crazy as the king, but she didn't want to find out.
But Jasaca had been living in these woods for better than a month.  And she knew the territory better than most.  She pulled at Galrith's arm, leading him to one of her trails.