llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Darkest Hour  (Read 11734 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2003, 11:40:18 AM »
Jasaca thought for a moment.  "As I don't know where you live, I can only offer the most general advice.  It's been my experience that the soldiers don't like the wood.  So maybe if you can stick to the forest, you can get around them.  But I'm not sure.  I daren't take the time to come with you.  I'm sorry."  Suddenly, she cocked her head, listening.  "Did you hear something?"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2003, 02:09:19 PM »
Celdric nodded. It was possible that this forest went far enough north that he'd be safe. He listened for a moment, then cringed. "It sounds like someone crashing through the forest. Whoever it is seems to have no respect for their surrondings." He listened as the noise got louder, noting the stealthy step of someone else coming from the other direction. "Perhaps we'd best hide, just in case it's one of those soldiers we both fear." He turned around and quickly scales the nearest tree, settling in where he could see, without easily being seen.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2003, 02:18:29 PM »
Jasaca found a hiding place as well.  If she had to, she could run for it.  If she got ahead of whoever it was, she could probably keep away from them.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2003, 08:15:01 PM »
"mmm the tracks stop here" Galrith thought, "how strange, its like they dissapeared". I must have missed something he thought and as he turned away he saw a shadow in a tree above his head. "Very smart," he thought, "i would have never thought of that had i not seen the shadow".
"You can come down now" he screamed, "i promise i wont hurt you if you tell me where lady Jassaca is, i am a man of my word, besides i have spotted you there is no more point in hidding up there".
Then he screamed again "oh come on, come out come out where ever you are!!"
There are only two unlimited things:
The universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not so sure about the universe.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2003, 08:32:31 PM »
Jasaca stared in horrified fascination at Galrith.  This was not the same man she had known...  Then she realized suddenly, and thought herself a fool for not realizing sooner.  Galrith was an honorable man.  He would have found somehting wrong with her running away earlier, and would want to find out what was going on for himself.  But King Ranath wouldn't let it go at that.  And she had heard rumors about what went on in the dungeons...

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2003, 01:26:32 PM »
Celdric sighed as this strange man started ranting at him. "I must be losing my touch," he murmured. He glanced across the clearing at the hidden lady, before calmly addressing the headache at the bottom of his tree.

"I continue to hide because I don't trust you. I don't know whom you're 'speaking' about; and even if I knew, why, pray tell, should I say anything about them to you? I don't wish to be responsible for harm befalling an innocent person."
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2003, 10:32:59 PM »
"Your foot prints tell me different. You were standing here aearliear with someone who has only a part of your weight. Would you rather die to protect her? I can arrange that dont worry. I need to speak with her, it was her fault that my king has turned into this monster. I know it is her fault and if you dont tell me where she is i promise you that the tip of my sword is the last thing youll ever see."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2003, 11:21:12 PM »
My fault?!?  It's MY fault that Ranath is psychotic?  Jasaca was NOT pleased.  She didn't know what had happened to Galrtih, or what lies he had been told, but she did know one thing.  She was definitely not going to show her face to Galrtih if she could possibly avoid it.  She figured Celdric would be able to hold his own in any case.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2003, 01:00:38 PM »
Celdric sighed again. He wondered if the guy would realize the person he sought could hear him.

"I protect the innocent when I can, and you haven't proved to my satisfaction that this person is guiltly of anything other then coming to your attention. I have questions that need to be answered before I'm inclined to tell you anything certain. What have they done? Which king would you be speaking of? And would he, by any chance, be the one responsible for sending an army to raze that village just beyond the forests edge?  Besides, why should I trust the word of someone who behaves like a  lunatic?"

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2003, 08:39:09 PM »
"Fine then i will answer your questions. The king im speaking of is king Ranath, yes he is guilty for this massacre, yes im one of the captains that led the armies, yes it did seem crazy to me to destroy the village, no i did not question the kings orders. Now as to what she has done, this is what she has done, all this is her fault. The king was a noble human being, the thought of hurting others had never crossed his mind. Then he fell in love with this girl, yes it was a pre arranged marriage, in which love is not always a factor but my king fell totally in love for her. Then after a while she completely dissapeared without another word and the next thing i remember is being ordered to massacre a whole village. She MUST have don something to him. Have my answers satisfied your curiosity?? now let us not prolongue this any longer, WHERE IS SHE??

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2003, 03:40:36 PM »
Celdric stole another glance at Jasaca and shrugged. "She is both nearby and far away. I'm not yet satstified that she has done any harm, nor have you provided any real proof of her guilt in the affair. As for your king, well, people change for a varitiy of reason, few of them being the direct and intensional result of the actions of other people." He frowned as he heard the faint snapping of a twig off to his right, "No one can control how someone else will react, unless magic is employed. Though if we are thinking of the same person, I doubt that she is capable of that." Wary of a trap, he tensed, ready for almost anything.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2003, 07:25:04 PM »
Jasaca listened to Galrith, getting angrier and angrier.  Hasn't it occured to him that maybe I left because Ranath was crazy, and not the other way 'round?  Arranged marriage. Sure it was.  Ranath arranged it himself, and didn't let anything stand in his way.  No, it wouldn't do to think on that.  The pain was still too close.  But it was becoming clear that she would have to leave soon.  Galrith might get tired of arguing with Celdric, and that couldn't end well.  She looked up sharply as she heard a twig snap fairly close by.  A little to her left, and behind her.  Someone else was coming.  Probably not with Galrith, or they wouldn't be so quiet.  This was getting worse by the minute.

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2003, 08:42:16 PM »
"Im getting tired of this game. Im only going to ask one more time.Where is ..." just as Galrith was saying this a twig snapped, "maybe i wont need your help but thanxs anyway".
So galrith jumped to the place where the sound came with both his swords in his hands.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2003, 10:58:57 AM »
When Galrith jumped at the sound, the stranger jump to a side, bringing him into the clearing and full view of everyone present.

He was a tall man. His clothes were simple in design and green in color. A longbow peeked over his shoulder and he was in the process of drawing his longsword. His angular face and pointed ears declared that he was an elf.

Celdric recognized the man at once. "Warren! What are you doing here?"
Warren looks over and grins, "Looking for you. Whose your friend here?" Gestures at Galrith.
Celdric jumped out of his tree."I wouldn't call him a friend per say. More like a lunatic I've garnered the attention of. Let's go. There is a lot of work to be done." Warren nods and starts moving with Celdric toward the right side of the clearing.

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2003, 08:50:25 PM »
"I have nothing against you Warren. But im afraid i cannot let your friend leave until he tells me where is a person im seeking, and should you get in the way, well ... lets say im not in the mood for games."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2003, 10:29:16 PM »
This was getting far, far too out of hand.  If they keep this up, Galrith might hurt Celdric or his friend.  Actually, it's more likely that they'll hurt him, but that's beside the point.  Either is undesirable.  Jasaca resigned herself to being ready to run.  At about that time, she noticed the squirrel.  It was perched on a nearby rock, and looking like it was unhappy at her.  It started chattering angrily.  Dammit, shut up!  She silently tried to shoo it away, to now avail.  It stayed right where it was, and kept making a racket.  Spoony.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2003, 10:56:12 AM »
Celdric clenched his jaw and stood still, trembling slightly in his anger. This is just too much today. Gods, I've had ENOUGH of this stubborn fool. First, he kills all those people, now he wants to kill that woman.....

Warren took one look at the expression on his teacher's face and sighed.
"I doubt that you're going to get you're answer from him." He postioned himself between his teacher and this odd stranger, drawing his sword. "I will NOT start a fight with you stranger, but I have no qualms about ending one." He takes up a defensive stance, watching Galrith carefully.

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2003, 05:43:53 PM »
"I dont mean to start a fight with you, but i will if i need to, your teacher knows something and i will find out what it is. Look we can do this the easy way or the real easy way." Galrith took a pose with both his swords in his hands just in case the man decided to take the first strike. "I dont want to hurt you or your friend but i will if i need to...." just as Galrith was saying this heavy footsteps were heard in the field behind them and the sounds were getting closer.
"I must leave now we will finish this conversation on some other time, but rest assured that i will remember your faces and the next time we meet this conversation will end differently."
Saying this he jumped into the nearby bushes and dissapeared.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2003, 05:56:09 PM »
Well, Galrith was gone, but someone else was comming.  Not good.  Jasaca decided it was time to take her leave.  She quietly slipped through the bushes, away from the clearing.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2003, 07:24:54 PM »
"I could of sworn that I heard vioces over here.  I was hoping to ask for directions?"
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2003, 08:32:23 PM »
"Come along Adel we have a long way to go." stated Gareth.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2003, 12:54:59 PM »
Warren sheathed his sword. "Well, that was odd."

Celdric nodded as he relaxed. He looked off in the direction of the noise.

Warren turned to him,"What do you think we should do?"

Celdric climbed back into his tree from before.
"I'll hide and you see what they want."

Warren shook his head, before calling out to the voices.
"Hello there. Can I help you?"

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2003, 01:07:59 PM »
"I am sorry we meant you no burden.  We thought we heard voices and wondered if you could tell us what part of the country we are in.  Ohh! I do suppose you would like to hear our names I am Adel and this is my friend Gareth.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2003, 03:46:14 PM »
Warren nodded politely."I'm afraid I can't help you as this part of the country is foreign to myself as well. I wouldn't recommend going north though. King Ranath's army is active in that direction." Something rustles in the trees above. "I need to go. Fair journey to you." He walked out of the far side of the clearing and a little beyond before addressing the air.

"What's up Celdric?"

Celdric comes out from behind some nearby trees. "I need to go and find that women and the madman before they find each other. What did you want in the first place?"

"Thought you might like to know that the meet has been cancelled until someone finds out what's going on with Ranth. You got volunteered."

Celdric sighed." Great. Something else to put on my To Do list. You wouldn't happen to have brought some extra gear with you..."
The elf grinned widely" To replace what you've lost? I think you can have my spares." "Good. Then I can see about getting something done. I hope Jasaca is alright."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
The Darkest Hour
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2003, 05:32:22 PM »
Gareth and Adel bid a fare well to teh kindly strangers and continue on their Journey.
Adel Offers a last fare well, "goodbye friends, until we again meet."

Gareth thinks to himself, "It is all in the prophesy; an army grows in the north we may have until the next new moon to find Teh oracle that we search for.  if an army grows to the north then the book must lie .... ARRRG! I don't know... wait... The key will show you the way... Adel quick take your amulent and repeat after me...."

OOC: I am sorry to bust in on your game like that just the other nght you seemed to be the only one active and I wanted to play( I am new at this ) but no one seemed to want to at the same time. So I must have just missed you. I will leave you guys alone so you can play on your own But feel free to visit my thread anytime  :lol: Adel.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©