llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Atres Manor] Everything Stays  (Read 18311 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: [Atres Manor] Everything Stays
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 04:45:16 PM »
OOC: Where did it say the door was open? And how is Aher to know that nobody would answer?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 12:17:12 AM »
(OOC: They never closed it behind them; it doesn't matter, just come on in so I can make with the plot.   :twisted: )

The man jerked his hand away from Karen.  "I have already said I do not want your money.  I do not know where you come from, or the customs that you keep, but let me warn you it is a very bad idea to offend a titled lord with a trifle such as this.  There are other people in this house you may give your money to, if you must, but leave me be."  He glanced back at the library.  "Fools," he muttered, then strode away down the hall, a door slamming shut behind him.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 02:52:50 PM »
Karen looked at Gerwulf, and then back at the direction the old man had retreated in. "Looks to me like he could use every coin he could get. Methinks he is more of a Triffled Lord than a titled lord." She threw the silver coins the direction he scurried away in. "I owe nothing to him." She scowled.

"That being said, where were we Gerwulf?" She said with a slight lilt to her voice.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline adakie

• Apprentice
  • shadow of the light
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »
(OOC: Ah, since no one's in the library (b/c like it was pointed out before they'd have had to step over Kippen and me to do it) I'm gonna do something a little against my character's personality . . . just to get something done)

Kei looked toward the open library door.  He thought he could hear other people in the house.  'What in the name of all things holy is going on here?' he thought.  Finding no real options, he decided that he had to at least move the unconscious woman.  He cringed a little as he grabbed her shirt and started to pull her towards a couch near the fire place. 

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 10:28:16 PM »
(OOC: Okay, who is in the main room?)

Offline adakie

• Apprentice
  • shadow of the light
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 12:20:40 AM »
(OOC: Okay, who is in the main room?)

(OOC: the only ones that are officially in the library are Alex and Kei, there's one post that doesn't make sense to me somehow, and the two others are in the main room . . . I think.)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
(OOC: Reposting Cap's post, since it was eaten.)

The door swung open under Aher's smart rap, the hinges groaning. The chamber within was large, and echoing with the sound of splattering rain. It had probably once been an impressive great-room, though time and neglect had made it into something more like a wet cavern- a huge portion of the ceiling had collapsed, and the roof-lintel lay sprawled diagonally in a scummy pool of rainwater and old shattered tiles. The dim lighting of the place revealed the state of sagging decay and the mildew and niter that streaked the walls.
Aher scanned the room. The sound of a slamming door approached his ears. On one side, there were two individuals standing out of the rain. Aher strained his eyes in the dark, seeing that both were red-haired; one was a small, pale woman, and the other a large man, probably one of the barbaric Far Northerners, if his crazed dress was any sign.
The two were exchanging words softly, and seemed not to notice him.

Rather than break up their conversation, the historian grasped the sleeve of his wool robe, and began to briskly wring it out upon the floor.
"Godd**ned fine hospitality, isn't this?" he snorted sarcastically at the two individuals, disliking the way in which his voice was amplified by the cavernous space.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 02:33:40 PM »
"The Triffled Lord of the manor cannot be bothered with such mundane affairs as hospitality...or waterproof rooms for that matter." Karen said, looking the traveler up and down, a scholor or monk of some sort, she though. "We were just discussing the odd noises that happen here."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 04:41:01 PM »
Aher's countenance was dour. His mouth twisted sourly. "Strange noises, eh? I should hope so. I have not braved this," he waved his thin hand at the downpour in the center, "for nothing."
"And what brings you fine travelers to this.. hideous pile?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »
"Hideous pile?  Well, I'm the first to admit that the place could do with repairs and and a good cleaning, but hideous?"  A woman of indeterminate age had come up the hall way opposite the one the unpleasant man had gone.  She seemed to be his antithesis.  She looked fairly cheerful, and wore sensible, well kept clothes.  "Dear, dear me.  What has brought all of you out to this lonely spot?"  Without waiting for an answer, she briskly strode to the library and shooed everyone in.  "Dear, dear."  She noticed the unconscious Alex, and tsked.  "Poor dear.  Well, she'll be right enough soon."  She smiled at the room at large.  "And pay no mind to his lordship.  Doesn't like being around people.  Poor man went a little funny after his wife-" she cut off.  "But I mustn't gossip.  Now, is there anything Mathilde can get for you?"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:35:05 AM by Ria Hawk »

Offline adakie

• Apprentice
  • shadow of the light
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 12:27:30 AM »
Kei had managed to drag the young woman most of the way to the couch before the others entered.  When he saw them he gasped and almost dropped the girl.  He composed himself enough to set her down properly before backing up quickly and hiding behind the couch.  Not that it would do much good now.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 05:23:07 AM »
"Ah,' Karen said with a sardonic smile, "You must be the screamer, and the girl must be the thumper. I assume the date hasnt gone well has it kids?"

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 09:46:19 AM »
 Uppio stared dumbfounded at the strange cast of characters now entering the library. He was one of the first to notice the slumped girl on the floor earlier, and had actually stooped to examine her briefly, but upon hearing aproaching noises, he had stepped over her and hurried into the library, afraid of possible accusations if he was discovered kneeling over the girl. The scream had been disconcerting as well, and reminded him of something unpleasant.

He now saw the lady's slumped form, being carried into the library by the young lad he had noticed earlier. As a few of the gathering folks eyed him, he shyly returned to perusing the book shelves. He wasnt sure of what to say to anyone, in fact he wasnt even sure what he was even doing here.

Ah, there is a bit of sunshine he thought, as the pleasant, smiling woman, who announced herself as Mathilde graced them with her presence. How bad can this place really be, he decided, with such a lovely governess.

"Some tea mayhaps, on this cold, damp night your grace", he managed to exclaim surprising himself. He thought of introducing himself to these interesting people again, but changed his mind quickly. The less you say now, the better Uppio, he scolded himself silently.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:12:11 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »
Mathilde smiled indulgently at Kei as he scampered behind the sofa.  "Now, you mustn't be afraid, boy."  She glanced at Uppio.  "Tea it is, then sir.  Anything else?"  She turned to look at the others inquiringly.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 09:24:58 AM »
(OOC: um...I cetainly dont  appreciate being told to take my head out of my ass, by someone I dont even know, but ok.)

Mmmm..a spot of tea would steel my nerves, Uppio thought. He glanced in the direction of the young lad, who was half-hidden behind the once opulent but tattered and moth-eaten couches, and the slumped figure beside him. Still feeling guilty for not doing anything when he first spotted the unconscious person, he approached the fearful looking lad.

"There there, laddy, dont be frightened. I am Uppio...Uppio Marssh,  and if our kind host returns with some tea and hot water, I could brew you a nice relaxing refreshment, with a few of these herbs I have in my satchel. Would you like that?"

"Now let me look at this poor creature you seem to be so worried about." Uppio turned to the fainted figure. What a bizarre outfit, he thought, I have not seen anything like this before, but then again, the Empire's fashions changed faster than he could ever hope to keep track of. "hmmm...wake up, whoever you are", he whispered as he gently nudged and prodded. " Ahhh..coming to are we?...there we go". As I have just stated to your young saviour here, I will happily brew you something tasty, with Lady Mathilde's help, to banish those pesky cobwebs from your eyes. You should be feeling better in no time". Uppio forced himself to smile, paranoid and hoping quite irrationally, that the person he just revived wouldnt jump up and scream. *HE saw me there and did nothing!*

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 03:12:46 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 03:44:39 PM »
After checking the gloomy hall for inspiration (perhaps I could include it in a ballad about hopeless love?)  I headed towards where the crowd gathered. Tea being offered attracted me like a flame does a moth. "And, one cup for me, dear lady!" I smiled at Mathilde. "Something has to warm those fingers of mine before they bring forth music."

"So, what will it be, folks? Something merry, or..." I almost stumbled over the kid lying on the floor. "Hm." I took an empty bowl, put it out from the window to gather a little rainwater, and poured it over the kid's face. "Night ain't come yet, so wake up" I grinned.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 04:51:03 PM »
OOC: Back off, Kippen. Some of us (i.e., myself) have not had the *chance* yet to interact with your character or Adakie's. On my part, my character came in *after* the scream, and has just now been hustled into the library, where both your characters are. In addition, I find your tone insulting; I think you'd have more success in your aims if you tried being a bit more polite.
Will post soon.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:52:57 PM by CaptainPenguin »

Kippen

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »
Alex gasped as a sudden down pour of water, instantly waking her up.  She coughed, having inhaled some of the rain water when it hit her face; she laid on the floor coughing for quite a while before sitting up, "Wha...?" She rubbed her eyes, looking around to allow her eyes to take in what was going on, "When did I end up here?" She said, thinking outloud to herself.  Blinking a few times and squinting, her eyes focused on those around her, her eye attempted to focus on the people around her, "Oh...hello," She blinked as she looked around  at the fuzzy shapes of people, "I didn't realize other people where here.  Um, have any of you seen my glasses, by chance?"

OOC: Penguin, I know were weren't in the house yet; none of that commentary was directed at you.  Also, as to my tone, considering I'm not in the happiest state due to what's going on, my comments was ment to be insulting to those who it was directed towards.  And, beleive it or not, I've been extremely polite.  I've waited patiently and bought up my conserns to the GM before taking such drastic messures.  Also she's posted similar comments up in the OOC board.  I know she didn't want this page littered with OOC comments, so I was hesitant to say anything.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:03:20 PM by Kippen »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »
OOC: my comments was ment to be insulting to those who it was directed towards

Ok..now I'm done. Sorry Ria.

Now that Boys (and girls) dont have cooties anymore, we need to practice our social skills Kippen. And believe it or not, thats me being extremely polite.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:50:11 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »
(OOC: No more OOC talk here, please.)

Mathilde reached down and picked up a pair of glasses.  "Are these yours, miss?"  She offered them to Alex.  "Now, if there's nothin' else you'll be needing me for, I'll go fetch that tea."  She withdrew with a slight curtsey.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 05:38:20 PM by Ria Hawk »