llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?  (Read 2112 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Grimalkin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?
« on: March 20, 2003, 05:46:31 AM »
The Citadel looms above, silent. Shadows in the trees whisper, the setting sun spills its dying red glow across the land.

On the dusty road a strange tall figure clad in white strides on his long spidery legs towards the gate. He is extremely thin, with hooked nose, sharp, piercing eyes and a curious white cap on his head. He carries nothing except a large tome under his left arm.

If there were anyone standing close enough, they might recognize a blurred inscription "Grimalkin's Treasury of Great Recipes" written in a fading purple ink on its cover.

He steps up to the gate, knocks for several times, then waits for a moment and pushes it open. The hinges creak and squeak, and, into the darkness, the strange man pokes his head and calls in a clear voice with a ring of vast distances and smell of exotic peppers to it:

"Might the Lord of this homely house, its inhabitants and guests, be interested in services of a good chef?"

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 06:46:08 AM »
Well now, that all depends on.....can you make Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash, or Toad in the Hole?

Nah, I'm not English, just happen to like those dishes...... a great cheeseburger, cheese fries with bacon and buffalo wings would suit me just as well.

So Merry Meet Grimalkin, and have some popcorn.  *hands him a bowl of fresh popcorn*
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »
Wow. A cook. I wonder who was cooking before?  Make yourself at home. Kassil has doughnuts if you're interested.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Grimalkin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The taking of the kitchen
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 11:22:50 AM »
And so, after meeting Lady Wolf and Fiokar Dracolas, Grimalkin, chewing on a mothful of tasty popcorn (and thinking hard whether he happened to come across this delicious and nourishing meal in his life before - maybe he should question Lady Wolf later and exchange recipes?) went on to find a small, dust-covered kitchen and lit a fire in the stove.
Perhaps someone will drop by later, stay for a good meal and a few friendly words over the supper...

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 05:16:58 PM »
Grimalkin.

I like the name for some reason. Story behind it?

We need a chef. Donuts are good, but my belly is starting to show the affects.

How about a nice beholder stew, or a Medusa-ka-bob, or maybe even Filet de Dragoon (oops, careful about that in current company).

Welcome, welcome. The kitchen is yours.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2003, 06:47:02 PM »
"D'ARR!"
The door to the kitchen flies open, admitting a penguin in a ridiculous pirate captain get-up.
"I wants me a big pan o' Skilly-and-Duff! And some mashed potatoes with cheese! And five sausage and mushroom pizzas, Venice style! YARR!" he shouts, pointing a woden toy sword at Grimalkin.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2003, 09:29:58 PM »
"Captain, I thought there was some sort of agreement in effect about not raiding Citadel residents."  Ria Hawk is sitting in the kitchen, munching toast.  "Never mind him.  He's always like that."  She frowned a moment, lost in thought.  "Come to think of it, we're all a little loopy."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Grimalkin

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 09:21:38 AM »
"Thank you for your warm welcome, friends."
Grimalkin appears to be moved.
"My name, Lord Strolen," he says thoughtfully, as he hands him a steaming pot of beholder stew,  "I borrowed from a cat who was my only childhood friend...and as for my REAL name," he adds with a smile, "let's just say I'd like to keep this private, if you don't mind, my Lord."
Then he turns round and salutes:
"Aye-aye, captain! Here, some mashed potatoes with righteous cheese well worthy of a seasoned sea-dog, and if you give me just a wink of your eye, I'll see what can I do about the rest..."
And as he walks to the storage room past the fair Ria Hawk, he smiles warmly and from the folds of his white overcoat he hands her a jar of fresh peanut butter to go with the toast.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2003, 09:55:05 AM »
"I'd wondered about the smell of something actually cooking coming from the buildings out here in the courtyard..." This deep bass rumble precedes the head of a crimson-brown scaled dragon in the door. "Greetings, Grimalkin. Nice to know they won't be borrowing my flame to roast meat anymore."

The wyrm's forepaw enters, offering a box to the chef. "Doughnut?"
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."