llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Atres Manor] Everything Stays *OOC*  (Read 15834 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: [Atres Manor] Everything Stays *OOC*
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »
I have no issues whatsoever with your GM'ing skills. I just dont like being berated or rude comments, such as "get your heads out of your ass" from people that I dont know, that ignored my character and then accused others of same.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 04:55:48 PM »
"All I'm trying to do is resolve a complaint"

I got you there.
I think they're pretty valid complaints.
I am simply stating that I would like to be removed from the count of the presumed guilty parties, because I have not had a chance to be guilty or innocent. I've an alibi, if you will.
And in addition, I find your friend's tone a bit insulting. I understand that she (I'm assuming, unless it's a guy?) is offended by the presumed ignoring of her and Adakie's characters, but I would prefer it if she phrased her concerns in a more conciliatory manner.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 05:00:18 PM »
There is some confusion as to Kippen's appearance-

So, to clarify, she's short and of a small, petite frame.  On top of that, in a time period in which women weren't wearing pants or have short hair.  Alex is dressed in baggy cargo pants, an oversized black hoodie with an oversized , black sneekers and she has a messenger bag that's over her shoulder.  You know, the sort of things that the average college student bums around in now-a-days.  Yes, I know I neglected to mention all this, but this is because our lovely GM requested me not to post that my character is from the future, not the current time the game is set in.

Yes, I did ask that she not do that, and I did tell her she could play the character, for varying reasons, at least one of which is a nefarious reason of my own.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 05:01:22 PM »
I wasn't trying to single anyone out as a guilty party, and the other issue has been dealt with.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 05:07:47 PM »
if by "dealt with" you mean there is some sort of upcoming apology then great!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 05:14:08 PM »
Well, dealt with in that I've deleted the offending post.  I won't have a chance to discuss this with Kippen until later tonight.  I myself apologize that I let it stay up this long; she was out of line, and I know this.  My only defense is that I was loopy the first time I read it.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 05:16:45 PM »
Really, it isn't a big problem, as long as we recognize the issue and correct the issue... Rather, both issues, because "Kippen"'s complaint was valid, and so was Mur's.
So everybody chill.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 05:26:39 PM »
fair enough Ria.

And I'm as chilled as the proverbial cucumber. My only other point is I've been completely ignored to this point also (by Kippen and Adakie included), but didnt say "HEY! All eyes on me!", and still dont understand what the big deal is about her feinting, and more importantly, why Uppio should care how the hell she is dressed. I think that is weird, Uppio doesnt. He is confused, somewhat fearful of all the strangers, and couldnt give a hoot (at the present time) what one of the people is wearing. Its not like he's thinking..."hmmmm is she from the future?" He would just think she has a strange outfit on. (which by the way, I mentioned in latest game post).

Oh and by the way, after I just gently revived the feinter, Echo unceremoniously dumped a bucket of cold water on her  :lol:   ???
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline adakie

• Apprentice
  • shadow of the light
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 09:28:39 PM »
I'm really sorry that I couldn't help with this issue.  It just didn't work for me to say anything in the rp.  My character isn't likley to talk to anyone unelss adressed, which I though the screaming and fainting scene would do . . . but then it didn't . . . so I had no idea what to do.  No one came to the doorway, which we were blocking.  And then, well, there is a reason I ran and hid when Matilda showed up.  I still dont' want to spoil anything, but Kei doesn't like her.  He's not likley to come out from behind the couch till she goes away, though might make some comments.  I'm cool with him being overlooked, he's that way.  I wanted to respond to the comment made to him with something snarky, because that would have been fun, but then Matilda showed up and, well, run!!!  Really he is a good character for this story, but it's hard to get him started b/c he's skittish. (sorry if I didn't spell something correctly, spell check doesn't want to work for me right now --'''' )
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:33:07 PM by adakie »

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 11:26:37 PM »
Ria, might want to moderate out some of the choicer comments that Kippen and Mur are currently swapping... I percieve a flame war in the making.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 11:36:27 PM »
no I'm done Captain. I just dont like being insulted, then insulted again! And I dont see any reason to moderate, edit, or erase...I'm done.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 05:51:49 PM »
This game had an especially bad start.
I must side with Muro: this is no way to behave towards a forum member who has proven his ability to supply original content to this page.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »
I'm interested in keeping the peace here. This is not Ria's friends v.s. us, this is a complaint which has already been remedied, and I think I should pull a Scras on this and say that all discussion of this issue is over.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 01:57:37 AM »
Okay. I'm still in.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2006, 01:49:21 AM »
Indeed...
GET ON WITH IT

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »
Sorry, I was without internet for three days.  Storms suck.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »
Yyyep