llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: story lines for specific people  (Read 3876 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
story lines for specific people
« on: March 15, 2006, 07:59:22 AM »
it's not quite fair to others. I actually feel extremely left out by it.  :( :(
if you want to do that it should be in moderated freeform or something.
I think restricting an rp to a few select people is no fun for other people who want to join so please put it in moderated or something
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:05:16 AM by Andimia »

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: story lines for specific people
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 11:53:50 PM »
I reserver my judgement on this for the time being.  Anyone else have a complaint about this issue?
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 10:28:45 AM »
I'm just afraid that a trend is starting with these threads, first there was one, now there are two...
If it's something people feel we need this at strolen then maybe there should be a specific section for these types of RP's
I just think it's too exclusive of others for the freeform section.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 03:33:09 PM »
While not knowing the specifics, here's my 2 cents.

Freeform is freeform, and whomever commences a thread in freeform should not restrict who can and who cannot post in the thread, as this is violating freeform. Of course, the opposite could hold tru in the case of a poster who continually serves as a disruptive presence, or cannot remain on target, such as casting uber-spells in a pseudo-noir no magic fantasy thread. Restricting who has access is the main reason for Moderated freeform.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »
My 2 creds on the subject.  I have run a number of play by posts over the years. I prefer moderated games in most cases.

Moderated freeform games allow the troupe to create a fairly stable story, with a stable of consistent characters, that can develop and expand over time... much like a novel or a table top game.  You have a dedicated group of players who have made the commitment to post, have worked with you to hammer out a solid well developed background that is embedded in the campaign world, and in return you will provide them with a more developed story line than you can normally get in a free-form game.

Everyone looks at them and goes, "Oooohh That is really great, I want to join." The reasons the game is that great is because of all the specific time and effort the moderator and players have sunk into the game.

Let us face it. Most freeform players, show up, post a couple of times (or a few weeks), then leave. (That often includes the person who started the game....) That leaves you and the rest of the players in a lurch to write that person on. You many not be one of them, but many are.  That is why we have a moderated section, so we can get a more solid play experience... one much more like the table top games most of us play.

If you want to join a moderated game, PM the moderator... begin the process. They may not have a slot to insert you into the story, (the moderator's story lines have already been worked out with the existing characters).  But they might.

MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©