llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: +. forester .+  (Read 12965 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2003, 09:57:03 PM »
"Yes, maybe a thank you is in order, but there is no need to say it. Im Lorien, I shot an arrow from my bow and we are now in my house in the middle of the forest. Now Alenna i have some questions for you, what were you doing in the forest in the night, dont you know about the animals that inhabit it?? So that you know that thing i killed was a roggull, a great pack hunter and you were his prey." Lorien offered her the remains of the dinner he had made, "here, its not much but it ll warm your stomach and maybe calm your hunger, that is if you are hungry."
There are only two unlimited things:
The universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not so sure about the universe.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2003, 10:29:59 PM »
Alenna accepted the food he offered her.  "Thanks.  Again.  I was in the forest because an aquaintance of mine told me that the forest path was a short-cut.  For which he will pay for later.  I'm not from around here, so I didn't know the forest was that dangerous until too late."  She looked over at the girl who was awake.  "Thank you.  I'm Alenna."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2003, 10:56:07 PM »
"And I Adel, My friend who is, I'm afraid still under the weather is Gareth.  It is nice to meet you sorry to run off but I need to fix Gareth the tea that our host provided me with."
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2003, 03:28:27 AM »
"Mmmmmm"  *mumble, mumble, snort*  "Fairy cakes....gemstones.....Mmmmmm.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"  *Ashia turned over in her little bundle of fur, and got even more comfy in her dreamy sleep*
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2003, 08:28:26 AM »
Gareth sits on the floor, though he is healed he is still fighting exaustion, Adel makes a potent tea for himand he drinks it...

"Auggg!... what is that it's horrible.... thats it your never cooking for me again!"

Adel begins to giggle; glad to see that her friend has gotten his humor back.  she asks if there is anything that she could get for anyone?[/b]
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2003, 07:50:27 PM »
Six Red Fish sat bolt upright, eyes snapping open, skull mask falling down over his face
"Evluusa noca thet! Mraiy?!" (I'm ready to fight! Intruders?!)
He reached for his odro, growling menacingly at Adel, the "civilized" weak woman.

ooc: Did Fish bring his odro with him? I don't remember.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2003, 09:18:39 PM »
((OOC: Since we seem to have lost one of our resident translators, I do part of it.  If I'm out of line, I fix.  I'm playing it that she knows a language related to Fish's.))

"Er..."  Alenna looked in surprise at the odd little man.  She had never seen anyone quite like him before.  He spouted something and brandished his weapon menacingly at the other woman.  Something probably should be done.  He spoke one of the barbaric languages, it seemed, or an extreme dialect thereof.  Fortunately, Alenna had, not by her own choice, spent some time in the barbaric lands.  She had picked up some of a language similar to his.  She addressed him haltingly, stumbling through the words.  "Hekka.  Alik... se-cal Alenna.  Je niuk... ottosak vren."  (Greetings.  I am Alenna.  I believe we are all on the same side [lit, we are all companions].)  She hoped she'd remembered enough to make herself understood in the strange tongue, and that he would chose to listen.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2003, 09:53:32 PM »
As by now he was used to the presence of spirits all around him, Six Red Fish was not at all surprised that this one spoke something close to his language.
"So you are a spirit, too? Yob-Flame did not tell me so many spirits would be involved in my spirit quest." he said. He pointed to Adel. "But why is this weak man's daughter with you, great spirits? Surely someone who lives in cities and has forgotten you cannot be one of my spirit guides?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2003, 09:59:56 PM »
"Um."  Alenna glanced over at Lorien.  "Is he a friend of yours?  What's this about spirits?"

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2003, 08:49:07 PM »
"I would love to explain you but i dont understand a word of what he is speaking about. Ashia the fairy sleeping in that corner understands him but she is asleep now so you ll have to wait until morning."

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2003, 07:57:26 AM »
Adel mumbles under her breath... "I didn't come from the city I grew up in a small cottage near the forest, I can't help it if my parents taught me manners..." Still feeling a little tired Gareth laid down to finish his slumber. however, Adel could not sleep and so she stayed awake watching all except one drift quietly back to sleep.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2003, 10:17:23 PM »
Lorien saw the sun rising at the east. "Good" he thought, "maybe now i can get some rest". The sun was starting to shine through the trees and now you could see the forest in a different way. Peacefull, silent, one would never imagine that this one and the forest they had passed the night in were one and the same. Thing were much less scarier when lit by the sun´s light.
Lorien put some kind of leaves in a huge pot which he then filled with water. Under it he started a fire, "mmmm" he thought, "I hope this is enough, i havent had visitors in a long time, im amazed i still remember how to do this". He started warming some of the faries cakes over the fire and when it was warm enough he went to the corner and softly touches Ashia, "the night has ended it is your turn to keep watch for our friends, here is your breakfast all warmed up, take care of my tea will you, i will go to rest", said this he ent to a corner and covered himself with his cape and fell asleep in the floor.
When he closed his eyes he saw images of things that had happened in the past, phantoms that came to disturb his sleep, as it happened every other time he closed his eyes.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2003, 10:37:59 PM »
Adel was in a small ciche nest to the fire Gareth lay sleeping peacefully in her lap.   The two had journeyed long and hard yet she knew they still had far to go.  Gareth was fully healed the faerie's magic had worked well.  She hoped know she gain th eexplanation that was owed to her,  Gareth now had to tell her why they had to leave her home.  She looked at the kind strangers about her in a low voice she mumbled, "thank you,  you know not how much you have given us..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2003, 10:39:58 PM »
Six Red Fish didn't really understand what was going on, but he thought to himself: "If the spirits ordain it, then I will continue with this." He curled up into a small ball like a dog or cat on the floor but refused to sleep. I must not sleep. My spirit quest must go on. I must not sleep.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2003, 07:54:53 PM »
*Yawning and stretching*  "Hmmmmm, good morning all.....what a glorious day to start an adventure"  *She looked around and saw Boneface snoozing in a corner, and her dear Lorien resting, but not restfully.  She flew over to him, and touched his forehead*  "Sleep my friend, in wonderous peace"  *She then kissed his cheek, and flew over to the hearth to enjoy her tea and fairy cakes.*

*She saw Adel and Gareth*  "So, you guys wanna tell me what's up with you two?"
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2003, 08:21:53 PM »
"Not my fault," Lorien whispered to someone in his sleep. Then he kept quiet for a moment as if hearing an answer and he replied, "how was i supposed to know?? We had never seen them before and i asumed...." he kept quiet again, "Well at least i tried, what have you done so far??..... My fault!! how can any of this be my fault??..... We were dying something had to be done, had i not acted the whole village would have been destroyed..... I know, I know the end doesnt justify the means but in this case it seemed to do it, at least i tried something...... Well i was wrong what can i do to get your forgiveness??......" He then stopped talking but by the expression on his face one could tell that the nightmare had not ended yet and Lorien would suffer more before it was his time to wake up.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2003, 10:01:18 PM »
Fish feigned sleep to quiet the other's hearts. No need to upset these spirits, they seemed somewhat volatile. He quickly shut his eyes after he saw the small winged air-spirit look towards him. She seemed the most volatile. But he wondered, what was his spirit task?

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2003, 11:20:14 PM »
Adel stated,"As I am not well informed on the subject even my self I will look to Gareth for my awnsers...."

Gareth replied,"very well,  First I find it neccesarry to thank you for all that you have sone especially you fairy if not for your magic I would now be dead....  As for you inquiries I am but a servant and protector to Adel... Do you see this amulent that hangs round her neck.... this is the amulent of Ansata....... An ancient prophesy has forseen that a great evil be entering this very world soon...... I believe adel is the chosen one that the prophesy speaks of...... we will travel first to the north to aquire the book of nemsistrus.... this was a book that was supposed to be left for adel by her fore fathers It is said to be protected by a dragon who hides it in his trove only teh books true master is said to be able to retrieve it.... if and when we aquire the book We will head to the east where her.... to her's and my true home.... It is there that I hope to find and refresh myself on the prophesy.... As well as try and teach her how to wield her magic... posessing very little of my own, however, I imagine that  this task will be difficult to do...... I also hope to find something of what evil is coming.... Adel has no choice but...

Adel stood and looked at him with hurtful eyes..... " I have no chioce.... I .... I thought.... I called you my friend.... I even lo...... You got stuck with me... I am only part of your mission... My family the only family that I ever knew.... was destroyed.... you knew didn't you... It was fortold... in this... this prophesy.... wasn't it... and you didn't tell me.........."[/b]
Gareth's words were spoken low in a hurtful tone, "Adel....." He stood to come closer to explian..... Adel then over come with emotions all but sickened with confusion looked around the room to see all eyes boring in to her... she covered her face with her hands and stormed out....."

Gareth quickly looked away to upset to say anything at all taking a deep breath he said I must find her.... she does not know this forest... the creatures that attacked this last nght could still be out there...."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2003, 03:03:56 AM »
(  OOC - poor little fairy only has two eyes)

*Ashia sat on the ledge by the hearth, munching on a fairy cake and watching Gareth and Adel.  Only thinking to speak after Adel rushed out*  "A tad on the emotional side, ain't she?  The creatures that attacked you, I wouldn't worry about them....nocturnal only.  Unless you happen to stumble into their cave......Ooooo, that could get nasty"

*She heard Lorien mumble in his sleep, quickly finished the last of her cake and flew over to sit by him.  She held his hand while he slept, and softly sang a song of the fairies to him, to ease his dreams.*

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2003, 10:28:29 PM »
"mmmmmm," Lorien said while opening his eyes, "have i over slept??".
He then focused his vision on Ashia, "hope you looked after my tea. Is everything all right?? Oh so have you people decided where we are going to head next??" He then stood up and went to fetch a cup of tea, "do you have any cakes left Ashia??".

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2003, 10:30:13 PM »
Garet quitely replied, " The only life she has had has been discovered as mostly lies.... And she has discovered that the weight of an entire world relies upon her... I believe she deserves to be emotional...... Once again I thank you all for your kindness and wish you all well... this is not your battle so I will not impose on you any longer.... I will leave you to find this book and try to teach her Magic ..... My only hope is that we may complete this prophesy in all our favor... I fear the time has come to say fare well... may you each complete your own journey...."

In saying this adel offered one last smile as he turned to go forth and Find Adel the two again on their own.
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2003, 10:38:05 PM »
Fish was very confused, and made it known by staring around the room and snorting. There seemed to be too many conversations at once going on, and since Six Red Fish couldn't understand a word of it, he crawled back into his corner.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2003, 10:54:25 PM »
((OOC: I hate it when two posts get put up at the same time.   :lol:   Oh well.  Just means something gets changed.))

Alenna was a little confused.  Well, a lot confused actually.  Several different things were happening at once, and she couldn't keep up with them all.  So she responded the only way she knew how.  She pulled her flute out of her bag and started playing a simple tune.  It was vaguely reminiscint of a fair.  Playing always lifted her spirits.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2003, 12:14:05 AM »
Adel quickly found herself lost in this tangle of wooded land.  She threw herself upon a rock and began sobing.

" My family..... my family died because they were cursed to have picked me up off the side of the road.... had they never found me their lives could have been spared...... Gareth, my only friend he could have saved them.... but no..... why was my life valued above theirs...... Gareth said That I had magic....... why could I not have y=used my magic to rescue them............... Maybe.............. Maybe it is not to late................"  Adel Quickly stopped her sobbing and tried to collect herself.... she closed her eyes..... she began to take deep breathes each deeper than the one before...... a beautiful song entered her mind................ she focused her thoughts on her parents searching for any trace of their being............... having never done magic she allowed her instincts to envelop inside her............... " her parents" she thought............ "her parents"...........        Gareth sensing some unnatural force being altered in the forest began to run insearch of its location.............. his elvin nimble footwork at its best he shifted shadow like between the trees and brush........ There he saw her just in a clearing.... in his hurry to get to her he lost his footing and stummbled on a root protruding from the earth.

Adel continued her search thinking in her mind " I must find them...............my parents..."

Before the words, "Adel, ....NOOOOOOOO!", could leave Gareths lips A light not of this world fell upon her..... it pierced body and made it go into frightful contorsions......... Gareth was quickly on his feet flying to her..... He grabed her and shook her violently knowing that he must break her state of thought .......... she began to wail....... however the light broke from her as quickly as it was set upon her..... Her body went limp and Garet just held her pressing her against him.  Tears filled his eyes......... His best friend.... his only friend would rather kill herself if it meant to again be by those who she held dear.  He whispered too her as he rocked her in his arms....... "I am still here Adel......... and I to love you........ You are not just my mission; or part of this prophesy you are my friend.  do you understand? I never saw you as anything else....."  The sweet flute music can once again be heard.  He knew that they must leave these woods by night fall lest the creatures attack again... cradling Adel in his arms he began on a slow steady walk northward. [/b]
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Karad'as

• Journeyman
    • Awards
+. forester .+
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2003, 11:38:23 PM »
"Seems like i did over sleep after all." Lorien said, "so little time and so much things have happened. Ashia pass me the cups will you??." He then stared at the woman, "if you can speak with this man, please tell him to calm down his walk is making me nervous. And maybe you could ask him what he needs, why he ventured into this cursed forest".
He sat down and started to calmly drink his tea and then he saw a ray of light through the window, "mmmm Strange, that is not good at all, not good at all, it is morning but there are still dangers in the forest and they if they saw the light they will be attracted to it," he said in a tone that was merely a whisper.
"Please ask him quickly i must know that before i venture out again to see what happened."