llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The new Tiefling in Town...  (Read 1302 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Uathach

• Apprentice
    • Awards
The new Tiefling in Town...
« on: March 08, 2006, 04:02:10 PM »
Hey there, I'm new here. Just recently checked out this site after Kassil recommended this place to me. :D :hyper:

Anyway, a little bit about myself: I've been gaming [pen 'n' paper] for about 8 or 9 years, though I've been out of the game for 4 years. Last year, though, I got into online RPing, and I've been playing planescape online since then. I've also set up my own online homebrew game [with Kassil's assistance. :wink:] I've DMed before, but since that was on and off, I'm inexperienced and a bit rusty. I love spinning a good story, though, and creating intricate, complex characters with lots of plot and backstory/new spells, magic items, etc. I've also done a bit of creative writing, and dabbled in poetry.

As for the RPG's I like... I've only played Rifts once, but that was kinda cool. I love ADnD [planescape and Forgotten Realms. Very briefly touched into Ravenloft. Mostly enjoyed incorporating aspects of Ravenloft into my own homebrew.] And recently I've taken an interest in World of Darkness online, with some characters in the creation process, though I've yet to actually play. :?

That's it for now. :lol:

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Re: The new Tiefling in Town...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 04:05:26 PM »
*wings by overhead and bombs the entire area with sacks of mudcake doughnuts*
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 05:16:22 PM »
It has been awhile since this place has been razed, I guess we are about due.

Warm welcomes. This place seems to attract the wayward gamer. Even if you don't end up playing at least you can expunge your creativeness on us.

A link. A link I say to this supposed homebrew campaign! :) You can't leave us hanging like that. :D

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 08:22:34 PM »
Yo.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 06:38:57 AM »
Welcome, pull up a seat anywhere.  Most of us won't bite.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Uathach

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:56:50 AM »
Hey there. Thanks for the warm welcomes so far. :D

Anyway, here's the linky to my homebrew, Arondell:
http://arondell.proboards76.com/index.cgi

There's two game areas on the site. Mine's up the very top [look for Succubus]. Feel free to have a browse, and let me know what you think. I will warn in advance that it's a bit disorganised, and incomplete, but there's some interesting discussions on magic systems [some forms of magic on Arondell are quite peculiar], spells, magic items, a bad*** artifact, some nasty monsters, and so forth. You might enjoy reading along with the RP threads. 8)

Anyway, cheerio for now. *waves* :D

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 03:39:13 PM »
As a side note, I'm the chief administrator on the Arondell boards, although I freely admit to being a lazy punk.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 10:17:27 AM »
Greetings and welcome here at Strolens.

We are a crusty bunch of individuals and enjoy a good tale or rub.

You like to create? Well I love to comment. Throw some stuff up for us to see and work on on the front page... Maybe it will attract more to this homebrew of yours.

Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia

Offline Uathach

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »
I might do actually... when I get around to it, that is [and find something worthy of my debut creative post.] :wink:

Offline Druid_Wiking

• The Last Freethinker alive.
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 03:07:57 PM »
Apologetic for initial rant ... Also, I realize you may not control the disclaimer. :wink: That site is awesome ... convinced me ... Not sure I'll join, considering I have a hard enough time maintaining my posts here, and not pissing people off. You have inspired, and I'm starting a site off proboards, let you know when it's finished.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 03:11:43 PM by Druid_Wiking »
The roleplaying games were never a danger.
Indeed, the only ones with real room to be
offended were pagans. As for me, I wish we druids could turn wood to gold. ;)