llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Light of shadows...  (Read 9065 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2003, 11:45:56 AM »
((OOC: Yay!  We have another player!))

Mikka caught sight of a woman sitting in the back corner.  It looked almost as if she was trying to avoid attracting attention.  "Jackpot!"  Mikka whispered.  She pointed the woman out to Techha.  "What do you think?  She doesn't really strike me as the sort of person that would be a regular of this place."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2003, 03:08:55 PM »
Techha studied the woman from beneath his hood, and rapped his tail against the floor decisively. "Yess... I thhink sshhe mighht perhhapss..." As the serving girl returned to the table, the lizard-man carefully spoke again, keeping his voice's natural sibilance from seeping out. "Please - give the woman in the corner a drink, on me... And keep the change from the coin." The clicking sound whenever he hit a 'k' sound was still plain, but at least he didn't sound like a hissing serpent or some loathsome demon.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2003, 04:49:27 PM »
( OOC - Kassil called to me; I could not say no to him....such is his charm)

*A plate of meat, cheeses and bread sat in front of her, every so often she would take some to nibble on.  In her hands she held a small tome which had her full attention.  The serving girl came over with another mug of the fruit wine that Aria had been sipping on, placing it upon the table*  "I did not order anymore, thank you"  *She said in a small, shy voice*

*The girl indicated that the drink had been ordered for her by two people sitting at another table.  Looking over to them, a smile lit up the fair features of the young woman, and a light shone in her crystal blue eyes.  She raised the mug, nodding her head in appreciation.  However, she placed the mug down, went back to reading her tome once again*
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2003, 02:08:37 PM »
(OOC - You're too kind, Lady Wolf.)

Techha waits a few spans more, watching the young woman, and then his reptilian teeth flash in the dim recesses of his acquired cloak's hood. Summoning the girl again, he hides his hand within the folds of the cloak and uses the awkward glove to press a silver coin into her hand, as well as a figurine carven of a rare oak that grows in the deep swamps of his home. If his guess proved correct, it would be enough to interest the young woman immensely...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2003, 10:57:41 PM »
The serving girl approached Aria once again, this time placing a small statue upon the table.  She spoke to Aria, "The gentleman over yonder sent this over for you.", indicating the same man from whence her other mug of wine had come.

"Thank you", Aria said softly to the girl.  She put her tome down, and looked at the statue.  Her eyes, at first, widened, then a clearer look of understanding came upon them.  She gently picked up the statue, turning it carefully in her small hands, almost lovingly.  The feel of the oak sent a tingling from her fingertips into the palms of her hands.

She rose, with one hand she placed her tome into her backpack, which had been slung over her chair back, along with a sheathed scimitar.  She gathered up her things as well as she could with one hand, and walked over to the table holding the man and woman.

"You need me?", was all she said as she looked at the pair expectantly.
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2003, 11:56:18 PM »
Mikka was impressed.  Whatever Techha had sent over had done the job.  Belatedly, she offered to help the woman with her things.  It seemed an awkward bundle.  She decided she'd let Techha explain, though.  It was his show.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2003, 09:27:12 AM »
The lizard-man dipped his head, and gestured to a seat at the table, still keeping his three-fingered reptilian hand hidden. "Hhsss... Yhou chould ssay thhat..." Techha adjusted his hood, just enough that a keen-eyed observer who was close enough might be able to make out the roughly reptilian outline of his face. "Ssomethhing iss amisss in thhe worldss wayss... I sseek it, thhat it mighht be sstopped... Bhut companionsss are needed; I channot ssearch for thhe wrongnessss alone..." Another gesture, to Mikka. "Sshhe hhass ahgreed to hhelp me, bhut more are needed... Hhsss..."
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2003, 06:53:09 AM »
Aria let Mikka help her put her belongings upon a vacant seat.  "Thank you"  Then winked at her.  "But please do not pocket what I may need later on"  She then sat in another empty chair and addressed Techha.

"Yousss knowsss it tthe wayssss of tthe Goddessssss I followssss.  Her blesssssingsssss I will sssshare witth yousssss"  *Since Aria was able to speak snake and reptile to some degree, she attempted to converse with Techha in his own tongue*

*Placing the statue in the center of their table, she then placed one hand upon his scaly one and her other upon Mikka's*  "Ssssso, we are tthree.  A blessssed number"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2003, 11:43:48 PM »
Mikka laughed good-naturedly at the lady's comment.  She was good.  Or perhaps just very observant.  Mikka liked to think she wasn't quite that obvious.  The lady sat down, then started talking to Techha in a hissing language which Mikka didn't understand.  Judging by the lady's actions, she had agreed to join them, but Mikka wasn't sure.  Looking slightly baffled, she said, "Yeah.  Anyway.  I'm Mikka Swiftfinger."

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2003, 11:53:59 PM »
"Greetings Mikka of the Swift Fingers.  I am Aria Windmir, a keeper of the Gaelael Grove.  Such a powerful aura you hold....tis no wonder that you are the chosen guardian of the sacred stone"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2003, 12:00:59 AM »
"Eh?"  Now Mikka was really confused.  "Um, what exactly are you talking about?  I don't know anything about any sacred stone.  To tell the truth, I don't know much about anything sacred."

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2003, 09:54:39 AM »
The lizard-man merely thumped his tail against the floorboards in amusement as he watched the other two become at least passably acquainted. Without answering Mikka's question, he gave another hissing sigh. "Hhsss... Thhiss tassk iss difficult. I whould be hhappier withh more peopless in thhiss, bhut thhree sshall ssuffice..."

After carefully picking up the statue from the center of the table and stowing it safely away, he snatched up another bite of the neat laying before him. "Do yhou know thhe tassk I assk of yhou, Aria, filled withh dangerss?"
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2003, 08:12:26 PM »
*Aria just smiled at Mikka, and patted her hand*  "Such modesty....yes, you are truly a chosen one"

*To Techha*  "Dangerss, I have ssseeen tooo much in my young liffffe.  I know yhou need me, ssssomething ssstirsss which sssshould be sssleeping.  Where do we head?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2003, 10:09:05 PM »
((OOC:  Actually, I do know probably what you're talking about.  But she don't!   :lol: ))

Mikka was at a lost for words.  "Modesty?  Um, Aria, I really have no idea what you meant."  As she looked expectantly at the other woman, suddenly another wave of that blasted whatever-the-hell-it-was hit her again.  She steadied herself on the table until it passed.  "Sorry about that."

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2003, 06:02:46 PM »
Looking at Mikka with a worried expression,  "You feel the shifting of the planes so strongly still?  "

"Techha, pleasssse, we need to know what comesss"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2003, 06:05:27 PM »
Shifting of the planes?  Eh?  Mikka was still confused.  But she had decided that she could figure out what Aria was talking about later.  She glanced at Techha.  "What are we going after, anyway?"

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2003, 12:45:05 PM »
Techha sighs quietly again, this time soundlessly, and reaches into the pouch at his side to draw forth a tiny splinter of some glassy ruby-shaded stone, which he places on the table. "Lhong ago, thhere wass a sspell-mhaker whho made thhingss sso sstrong asss to be lhike thhe godss. Thhe sstrongesst wass a sstaff hhe thhen hhid from thhe worldss, sseeing it too sstrong to be releassed into thhe worldss. Thhiss iss a ssplinter casst off whhile hhe sshhaped it."

"It hhass grown in sstrengthh ssince hhe hhid it, and now hholdss a mind ass great ass thhe one whho sshhaped it. Thhe cassting of thhe omenss hhass warned me thhat I whould hhave to sseek out thhosse whho may hhelp to sstop it, bhefore it bhecomess asss a ghod and desstroys uss all to sstrengthhen itsself to fight thhe true godss..."

"It liess many leaguess disstant, in thhe sshhattered kingdomss of the mountainss... Whhere my peopless ancesstorss once dwhelled..."
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2003, 02:31:17 AM »
Mikka was duly impressed.  "Eee.  I can see why you'd want to stop this thing.  It seems like I've heard some sort of legend to that effect before."  She picked up the bit of stone and looked at it curiously.  "Will this help us find the staff?"

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2003, 02:45:27 PM »
"SSomewhhat, yess... It ressonatess withh thhe sstaff, ssince it iss a sshhard from it... We will usse it to sshhow uss thhe way to thhe sstaff... Yet we musst be cautiouss... Thhe sstaff iss mosst certain to hhave guardss..."

Carefully taking the shard of stone from the table again, Techha shifted uncomfortably. "We sshhould go ssoon. Thhiss place beginss to make mysself nervouss..."
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2003, 11:04:50 PM »
Mikka nodded.  "Right then.  Where to next?"

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2003, 04:38:02 AM »
*Aria rose and collected her things, swinging her backpack, and sheathed scimitar onto her back.  But the scimitar resinated an energy, where usually it was silent.*  "Techha is right....we need to go.....now"

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2003, 03:17:46 PM »
Techha stood, his spear finding its way back into his hand beneath his cloak. "Thhe pathh we sseek leadss to thhe kingdom'ss capital. Ssomethhing elsse iss thhere thhat thhiss quesst needss."

With a flutter of cloth, the lizard-man leads the way out, restraining the bounding strdes he could make to ensure that neither of his companions are lost. To himself, he sighs, and mutters. "Thhiss iss sstrange... Thhe casst sspoke withh certainty... One lesss thhan I thhought thhiss quesst whould hhave..."
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2003, 07:59:36 PM »
*Aria's scimitar vibrated against her back, she felt it's heat coming through her tunic*  "There is something coming here.  Are we ready to face it as we are?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Light of shadows...
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2003, 10:17:34 PM »
Mikka shrugged.  She didn't understand much in the way of magic, but she knew how to fight, if it came down to it.  She pulled her knives out of her belt, and swung them about aimlessly.  "I suppose."