llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rescuing the Princess (a game for me and TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra)  (Read 17035 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The streets of Valermoore City were very different nowdays. The first thing that a newcomer to the capital noticed was the absense of girls. There were plenty of old and middle aged women on the streets, buying and selling in the markets and going about their duties, and small children being taught in the schools, but very few teenage girls. A couple of years ago, random girls had been picked up by the Valermoore City Guards and taken, not to the Guardhouses or to the prisons, but, much to their surprise, to the Royal Palace of Queen Yocasta. None had ever returned, and their worried parents had been told by the Guards that no harm had come to them. When the first few vanished, the parents told themselves that their daughters were lucky, that they had been given well-paid jobs as servants within the Palace walls and would be allowed out on leave soon to spend their wages and see their families.

But as more of the raids happened, with random girls, who were doing nothing wrong and were just minding their own buisness, rounded up and dragged away in full view of the townspeople, darker rumours spread from house to house with the speed of a disease until the whole city heard of them. That the girls were kept locked up in an underground brothel for the use of the highest members of the Royal Court. That they were being sold to the slavetraders from the southern countries where slavery was common. Even that at the Queen's command, the Royal Wizards had summoned a mighty deamon from the Lower Hells for advice, and that the girls were being fed to it nightly.

The parents had organized a public demonstration, with banners held aloft saying "Bring back our daughters" but the Queen had sent out her best soldiers and broken it up brutally.After that the parents had for the most part, told their daughters to flee the city and stay with friends in the country or even risk the perils of homelessness rather then be taken to the Palace.Many of their boyfriends had fled with them as well. Finally the Queen had blocked most townspeople from leaving the city.

Eleanor Howlett was sitting in the "Blue Dragon Inn" sipping from a goblet of watered-down wine. Despite it's name the place was in fact one of the best and most expensive inns in the city. As the only daughter of John Howlett, the
Ambassador from Karnivhal, she was hardly interested in *slumming it*. Besides, she feared falling victim to thieves or kiddnappers if she went into the poorer areas of the city. As a diplomat's daughter she was allowed to carry a dagger in case of attack, but she knew it would be no use against an armed gang, so she was careful where she went.

Six guards strode into the Inn, members of Yocasta's "Eyes", the best and most trusted of her military units.Each carried a wooden baton and a shortsword in his belt, and wore chainmail armour and the symbol of a red eye on his surcoat.They gathered around her. "You are coming with us to the Royal Palace. The Queen wants to see you," said the tallest one.

She pulled out her diplomatic pass of gold embossed leather with the Karnivhal coat of arms upon it. "I am the daughter of Ambassador Howlett, and I'm not going anywhere."

He slapped the pass from her hand. "Yeah, right, and I'm the Lord High Admiral of Banhosea. You can come with us willingly or in chains-and hand over that dagger. You are outnumbered six to one, Princess."

She sighed and did what she was told.

The Ambassador tried to confort his wife who was sobbing in his arms. "Our only child, they've taken her and we will never see her again. Can't you demand of the Queen that she give her back?,"

"And risk a war? Things are bad enough between our nations as things are.However, I know someone who could help,and I'll send an aide out to bring her here, where I can offer her a hefty reward to bring our daughter back safe and sound."

TBC.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:06:38 PM by Cheka Man »

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

• Snake
  • Adept
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
Re: Rescuing the Princess (a game for me and TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:45:18 PM »
Her finger tips taped lightly upon the bar as she looked around. How long has it been when she was last in her home town? A light smirk touched her lips as she thought about it. Yes it had been some many of years. Maria ran her finger tips into her hair as she smiled at the wanted bounty poster of her sister Rose. “ How she would kill me if she found out what I was doing…”  Her sister was known in the world as Snake. To her she was just simply mother, father, friend, and sister. Rose was the elder of the family and she the next one in line. An so what was to stop her from following in her footsteps? Nothing at the moment. In fact she had been doing a good job in keeping her clueless of her whereabouts. That was with the help of her other two little sisters. “Barkeep. Where is my ale?” The barkeeper just smiled as he started for her drink. It seamed he was having a hard time remembering things. Poor old man. All she could do was keep taping her fingers. Her green eyes stayed onto the man who had been following her for some days now.

How did she know he was following her? She knew by the way he walked an spoken so softly to the barkeep. Asking for her by her nick name Shadow. Her foot steps where soft as she started for the fire place no long able to keep herself idly standing by the bar. Her golden hair rolling around her shoulders as she looked to the man and smiled. “ You might as well say what it is you wish to say and be on your way. I work for no one and I do nothing I do not wish to do.” Then she smiled. “An if your coming for the bounty I tell you now I do not feel up for a fight nor are you equipped for one. So take my advice and be on your way.”  Her voce was light hearted as she took in the mans form again. That was when she found he was not a man but a boy. He seamed warn by travel and her heart went out to him. “Barkeep give this young sir a room here please.” Rose always did say she would be weakened by her soft heart. That was truer than she knew.

“Bbut..Ttthe..” She went to the boy and patted his shoulder. “ I shall not harm you an so take you time young sir.”  It seamed that the person sent a child. That was smart indeed for she promised to never harm a child no matter what there deeds to be. Either the person who sent this child knew her very well or was very foolish. “The Ambassador…sent me for your help. He said you would…”  A shock hit her hard as she snapped up her attention. There was only one Ambassador she knew and he was normally not that found of her. “What has happened?” The young boy told her of the things happening in the kingdom she had lifted behind so many of years ago. She lessoned and took notes in her mind. How could so much have happened and she only just now heard about it? “ Very well I go to see him now.”  The young boy stood to come with her but she just shook her head. “You stay here an rest up…”

With that she took off and found the Ambassador with in a day’s time. The guards at first did not let her in and so she did what she did best. Past the guards and other men she went as she creped by. On she moved inside the Ambassador’s home in till she reached the outer chambers of there room. Smiling to herself as she knocked on the door. Waiting for the Ambassador.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:49:24 PM by TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra »
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:45:43 PM »
Eleanor stared around her as the prison cart with her and the guards inside headed up the main street towards Yocasta House, known as the Black House by most people. Every inch of it was sheated in black marble. The lower parts, which the servants could reach easily, gleamed, whilst the roof was spattered with bird dung. I may be a diplomat's daughter, and used to grand old halls, but this place looks nice. But why would the Queen want me? The Eye in charge, who had three stripes on his left sleeve, bellowed at the guards at the outer gate. "Open up. Another for the Princess Draft, and I can't stand out here like a watermelon! What if the Queen was to show up suddenly?" The guards unlocked the gate as quickly as they could and the cart rattled through, and then through the inner gates which were coated with gold leaf.

Once they were inside two guards grabbed her and dragged her down towards the lower floors. "Hey, where are you taking me? I'm a diplomat's daughter with immunity from arrest, and besides I've not done anything wrong. The Queen will hear of this outrage!"

They pushed her into a room and locked the door behind her. Facing her were two girls, each wearing the most beautiful silken dresses that she had ever seen. Each wore a golden necklace with the letter C upon it, and bangles of silver encrusted with emeralds. And both looked very unhappy. "Where are we? Who are you? This is no ordinary prison cell. Has there been a military coup?"

"This," said one girl sadly, "is the Princess Training School. I have been here for months on end, learning how to play the..."

"Bagpipes? Accordian? Fool?," said Eleanor jokingly.

"It's not funny," snapped the other girl. "We are trained to act the part of Princess Chrysta. Our individuality is drilled out of us by our trainer, Dracia Eldren, may she rot in Hell. And then we have to act like her in front of the Queen, and if we slip up in any way, we are murdered. Eight girls have played the role before us, and each was brought back dead with many stab wounds. Soon it will be our turn to walk the last mile, and our parents will never know what happened to us." She passed Eleanor an identical dress and identical jewelry.

"Why are you being made to act like the Princess?"

"She died, so we have to take her place so the Queen thinks she is still alive. You might think living the life of a princess is wonderful, but not in our case. If you don't do what Dracia says, you could end up straitjacketed and gagged in a cell by yourself, or worse. If you mess up once you leave here, you die. This place is a Death Row."

The Ambassador smiled at Maria and passed her five golden Vallermoore Talents, each enough for a night in a luxury hotel. "I will pay you forty-five more if you can rescue my daughter from Yocasta House. I have no idea why she has been taken there, but I do know that the girls that have been taken there before have never come back. It goes without saying that I want her back alive and if possible unhurt."

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »
She dusted herself off. Just how was she going to get inside Yocasta house? The same way the rest of them did. She was going to get dragged. Still she needed allot of fine tuning for that to happen. She had to look the part. “ I’m going to need a few thing from you…” with that she started her list of dresses among other things. She was lead to his daughters room and she took what she needed working all night on the clothing so then she could fill it with many of daggers among other things. Rope, daggers, a short sword, bandages, a medicine kit, and varies of powers for explosives she learned from a china man.  She dressed herself in a light pink gown  and when she walked of the room her hair fixed just so it would seams that she was a high breed lady. Something that was indeed untrue. Taking one of there steeds as her followed in behind her. She seamed to be talking her steed as if telling him things to do. Shockingly the steed started at a full gallop. Where the steed was going was untold. “ I will get her back.”  She called out to the Ambassador. An with that she left.

Some days later……

She entered her room closing the door an just like  the Ambassadors daughter the guards came into her room. An she to went with them with out a sound. “ The queen will hear about this you fen!”  Then she walked into the lower paths of the room. Counting in her head how many guards there where. How many steps there where to get out of there as well as the many hall ways she pasted. All the time complaining so then the guards would not take note of just what she was doing. Then they, the guards, opened the door and there where the girls. There where four of them it seamed. Then again there could be more in other room. As soon as the man closed the door she looked from one to the other. Her ocean blue eyes bright an confused as if not understanding where she was. The reason for such? There was always a snitch in each place. Now she just needed to find out just which one was. “ Where am I?”  she called out softly.

A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 08:29:47 PM »
"You are in Hell," said one of the girls.

Eleanor sighed. "You are in the Princess Training School, where you will learn to take on the identity of Princess Chrysta, so that her sick in the head mother thinks that her daughter still lives."

"I heard that!"

The woman who entered was grey-haired and wore a grey cloak, and held a switch in her hand which she swished to and fro. Her brown eyes glinted with rage. Behind her entered six of the Eyes, each with a club and sword in his belt. One held a straitjacket.

"Chrysta Three, you can either submit to being straitjacketed and gagged or my servants will force you. Your choice." Sighing, Eleanor allowed herself to be straitjacketed and a thick piece of cloth was forced into her mouth and tied tightly behind her head.

"You critised Her Majesty-your own mother, and for that your punishment will be a night spent alone in the Cell of the Dead."

"Nmmmmph! Nmmmmmm!" Eleanor screamed through her gag and struggled as three of the guards dragged her out of the cell.

OOC-Sorry that this fic bit is short but it is very late where I am.

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 12:05:10 PM »
She looked on to Eleanor as she already knew just who she was. The other girls however…she had seen them on many missing posters. So this was where they all went? She thought softly to herself. Counting the girls in her mind already knowing she had to get them all out. She just had to. All but the snitch that was just then her thoughts where interrupted by a grey-haired woman, if you could even call her a woman that was. She razed an eye brow at her as she looked on. Just why would they call it the cell of the dead? There where only many reasons she could come up for that one and so she did what she did best, making a ruckus.  “ Her Majesty our mother? Your wrong my mother has just married an ambassador! She was a milk madden before. She is not her Majesty.”  She looked confused by the world around her as she started to back away from the women. “ I will not take on the identity of Princess Chrysta. She is dead where I am very much alive.”

She lifted her head up a bit as she wanted to add one more point. “Not only that but Princess Chrysta’s hair was brown mine is black and so I could not even look like her.”  Then she took what looked to be three shaky steps to the gray haired women. “ I demand that you release me admittedly.”  She knew that the rest of her looked like Princess Chrysta. Not only that but this gray haired women would have to punish her in some way. Hopefully she would be close by to Eleanor.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 12:29:31 PM »
OOC-I have permission to do what I'm doing in this post.

Dracia signalled to her guards. "Punish her too, in the same way."

Maria made no move to defend herself as the guards closed in on her and forced her into a straitjacket, and tied a clothing tightly over her mouth. Then they marched her and Eleanor out of the cell and down, down, into a deeper darker dungeon then the one before. They unlocked one of the cells and the smell that came out of it was horrible, like rotting meat. As they were forced inside Maria realized that this was where the missing girls had finally ended up.

Dead, and rotting.

One was little more then a yellowing skull and bones, but many of them were swollen, their naked bodies, the parts that she could see in the torchlight, blue-green with decay, and writing maggots where their eyes used to be. She noticed a hook in the wall and carefully, very carefully, hooked the gag over it and pulled until it tore and she could spit it from her mouth. Now at least she could speak. She showed Eleanor how to do the same thing, and when Eleanor's mouth was free she spoke. "Thank you, at least we can speak, but these straitjackets are made of much stronger stuff. We have to find a way out of here before we end up like these poor souls. I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?"

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 12:42:16 PM »
“To you I would be known as Shadow. A women who has aggravated your father for many of years. But for now I must ask you to call me Maria.”  The bodies did not bother her as she had seen many of then before. It was only the smell that was something that could get to herself. “Might be best that you keep your eyes on me so then I could clear a spot for us.” With that she started removing the bodies with her legs picking them up by balancing them and then kicking. “Your mother and father have sent me to get you out of here safely. But for me to do so your going to have to do what I say when I say it. Understand?”  With that she looked around them again. Now at lest they had room to stand with out bumping into anything. Then with a light smile she looked at her. “Did you think your mother and father would give you up with out a fight?”  She wanted the girl to be assured that they where going to get out of there. “ I need to know everything that you know about this place and its people.”

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 01:09:05 PM »
"I have only been here for less then two days and nearly all of that time was spent in a cell, but I can tell you why I'm here and about my fellow sufferers. Several months ago Princess Chrysta was found dead in the moat. I'm not sure why, that &^%$@ Dracia didn't tell me. The Queen was informed but she refused to beleave that her daughter was dead. After someone, it was her own idea, tried to impersonate the Princess and was found out, the Queen was
furious and had her executed, and then demanded that her daughter be found soon or there would be serious trouble and heads would roll.And with this Queen, that is much more then just a metaphor."

"Lord Chancellor Monter, may maggots infest his private parts, hired Dracia Eldren, and the kiddnappings began. Girls belonging to families that are minor members of the nobility, were kiddnapped, and taught how to be like the Princess.How to be like her in every way.Those who rebeled were straitjacketed and gagged, or even treated worse.Then they were dressed in the royal jewels and clothes of the dead Princess, and set to meet the Queen. They were watched all the time, and sooner or later they would slip up in some way, like scratching an itch where others could see them, and they would vanish-murdered by night and dumped into this cell to rot."

"There are three other girls. Emma, a farmer's daughter who cries herself to sleep every night thinking of her parents and sisters. Dracia beats her every day with a switch that leaves pain but no long-lasting marks. There is Andrea, the daughter of one of the Queen's knights. She seems to get on better and escapes punishment most of the time, but in private she yearns for escape just like the rest of us. And there is Lucy, who used to be a maid in the Palace and knows her way around most of it.She hates Dracia even more then I do."

She groaned. "My belly itches and I can't scratch." And she twisted around in the straitjacket. "Can you help me get out of this horrible thing?"

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »

She lessoned as she made note’s in her mind. Always was she making notes on things that needed to be dun. Andrea was mostly the snitch in this place. Still she must be careful about the others as well. “ I will need you to talk with Lucy. Get her to tell you everything passage there is in this place. Do it in front of me and the rest of the girls. I want them all to think that I am just a weakling. They don’t need to know all that I can do. If they do than we attract more attention than we need.”  She smiled at the girl softly as she shacks her head. “ How many times do they check up on us as we stay in the cell?”  She had to know that before she could even try to help her out of the straitjacket. For if they did so to often then it would only put them in danger if she helped her out of the thing. Right now she needed as little attention from the guards and Dracia as much as possible.

Closing her eyes as she looked back into her mind of what the hallway looked like. There where four guards on the outside. Or that was all that she could see at the moment. “ They should be looking in on us at any moment and we need to act as if we are scared to death being in here.” She shacks her head at the pun in that saying but she could only smile at the irony about it.  Her jet-black hair spilling over her shoulders as she looks back to the hooks. No they would not be helpful with the straitjacket …but the guards. In her mind she already started to form a plan. “ We need to keep them on for now. Alright?” 

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »
"Not all that long, I think. I was only in here once before and it was horrible. I spent most of the time screaming through my gag."

Soon the guards came back and unlocked the cell, and Eleanor and Maria shrunk back against the wall. "I see you got your gag off," said one. "Take the new girl and have her hair dyed the colour of the Princess's. Put Chrysta Three back with the others. Oh, and take off their straitjackets." When they returned Maria to the cell her hair was a deep brown. For several hours Dracia taught them their role...how to act like a Princess and how to act in the presence of the Queen. That evening Eleanor said to Lucy "Tell me, do you know a way out of here?"

OOC-Rose, I give you permission to use Lucy's carecter, and sorry for the shortness of this story-bit.

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 05:03:23 PM »
She lifted up her locks of hair promising that she would get back at that dreadful man who died her wonderful jet-black hair. She would get him for this later. With letting out a light breath she sat down her back strait as a board. She lessoned to the lessons and tried hard in her studies. Even as her mind counts off the guards around her. The day seamed to drag out as she wondered just when it was going to end. Now she understood why Ama and Lilla hated boarding school. Thank god she never attends her classes! She watches as Lucy simple shacks her head. Did she have to do all the work herself. She sat down as tears rolled down her cheek. “ I want to go home.” She whimpers softly. Looking at Lucy as she tried to smile. “ Tell me...about you life here. How did you learn your way around…I already am so lost..”  Lucy reached out her hand and clasped it into her own. Already she started to tell her story of how she marked the walls long time ago so then she could never get lost. What the red and blue and purples truly meant on the walls. Reds where to the dinning hall. Blue was to the moat around the black house. And purples where the chambers for the Queen. That was when three guards walked into there room. She looked up and watched there eyes. How she knew hungry eyes all to well.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 05:24:15 PM »
Between them the guards held a girl between them.She was dressed in a beautiful velvet purple dress, with gold leaf on the edges, and wore golden bangles which were studded with rubies and a golden torc, as well as a crown of gold set with emeralds and glittering princess-cut diamonds. But below the torc her throat had been slashed open and a bloody *smile* grinned at the girls. Eleanor and Emma screamed, Andrea threw herself against the wall, and Lucy broke down in tears. "Maxine...how could they do this to you? Why? Why did you have to kill her?"

"She tried to escape on a hunting trip, and she would have done so if we had not lassoed her. Then she swore she would tell the Queen everything if we didn't let her go.So she paid the price for treason. Now, we need a new girl. Which one will it be? Not Chrysta One, she's in tears. Which one of you girls wants to step into this one's shoes and become a real princess?"

Eleanor and the other girls backed away against the wall. Eleanor managed to whisper to Maria "Maybe if you take the role you can find a way to help us escape from here?"

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 07:10:25 PM »
She nodded as she herself agreed. In her mind she was standing as she walked up to the guards and slapped one of them. It was all she could do to keep her anger under control. She stayed right where she was standing not making a sound nor movement. As if she did not care at all. Just what the real Chrysta would have dun.” Who do you think you are? To barge into our room. Did I call for you? I don’t believe so.” She lifted her head a bit higher just so. That was when they all grinned at one another. “ You will be next” called the guard to her. She looked at the others and only dropped down a small hint to Eleanor that everything would be fine. An that was when they took her up stars.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 08:35:29 PM »
OOC-I'm sorry I have not posted-rl got in the way, as I'm sure it must get in the way with you at times.

IC-The guard passed her a beautiful green dress with silver bracelets inlaid with rubies and an amber necklace, and turned their backs as she dressed. Then they led the way up from the dark and dank dungeons into the luxurious rooms of the Palace proper, fanning out as they did so. Rather then guards escorting a prisoner, they appeared just to be royal bodyguards escorting Princess Chrysta. Maria noticed the luxuriousness of everything around her-the walls covered with tapestries, the glass in the windows, the ebony beams, the scurrying servants. They led her to the golden throne in the shape of an eagle, where Queen Yocasta sat. The Queen wore a light silver crown and a robe of scarlet and ermine, with her sceptre within reach and her royal sword at her side. She got up and looked at Maria with a look of love in her deep brown eyes, then planted a kiss upon her forehead.

"Where have you been, Chrysta? The ambasadors from Karnival and Colomansland are coming this afternoon to help me defuse a nasty little spat over trading rights before it flares up into something really nasty.I hate war-so expensive. I want you to come along, just you and me, and give me your advice. You are old enough to learn how to rule in your own right, for I will not live forever.There is a barrow out there with my name on it." She stroked Maria's hair lightly.

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 07:38:50 AM »
She placed the green dress upon her form already keeping her iced blue eyes down.  Her arms hung around her hips as she took a breath. It was show time. Her foot steps where last and fast just as they always where as she disappeared into the persons she needed to play. She had acted out other people many of times before so then she could steal a thing or two. On she moved with the guards thinking to herself. If I get ride of the queen I would have to get rid of them as well. It would be a war between me and them. She smiled lightly at her so called mother as she called to her. “I am sorry Yocasta that I have been away for so long. It seams that my guards where lost in the woods when we went hunting. Is that not shocking with in its self? I almost thought they where paid off!”  She held a small smile as she leaned into her act even more. “ I would love to mother. War is so expensive but from time to time you have to show the people your not moving from what you believe. There to simple minded to see what’s for there own good.” 

Just why was the queen acting this way. As if it was more than just losing a daughter. Almost as if she was enchanted?  If so then by what? It had to be something close by her at all times. Then again it could be just the shock of the loss. Maybe I am over stepping things. She shoved her thoughts into the back of her head. “Mother I am so bored. Might we have a jester or have the guards fight one another or something?”
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 08:04:34 AM by TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra »

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 08:11:33 PM »
OOC-Sorry for the long delay in replying and for not chatting to you earlier, but I was offline.

IC-A nearby Court Mage muttered a word and Maria saw her eyes appear to change colour to brown. Illusion. She noticed that the tip of the mage's staff was glowing lightly. Maybe this mage is responsible for the condition of the Queen.

Queen Yocasta summoned two jesters. "I want a duel-but make it funny, and don't hurt each other too much as I need you for other things." They saluted the Queen, then launched an attack on each other with their fists, pieces of food and jester's staves. Maria knew that the violence was mostly pretend but she didn't mind as she had nothing against the jesters, after all. She felt the Queen stroke her hair and back, and looked in her eyes. They were full of love and something else-they seemed clouded over. The Queen took her hand and led her into her private bedroom, where the ambassodors were waiting. The one from Karnivhal winked at her. The one from Colomansland said "I've heard you arrested five traders and I have come to ask for their release. They are only traders in fruit, but it is the principle of the thing."

"They were found spying, drawing pictures of our border defenses," said Yocasta testily. "Don't worry, I won't have them executed or mutilated. I'm not furious-I have my spies as well. They were caught in the act and I think they deserve to spend a year in the Paul and Peter fortress. What do you think, Chrysta? I look forward to hearing your point of view on this important matter.

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »
She lifted her head as she looked at them both with cold eyes. Unfeeling as she made another note in her mind. She needed to learn that trick of how to change eye color. That would come in handy in her line of work. Maria stood close by the Queens side as she lessoned to the on goings of the Queen as well as the Ambassadors. “ If we send them to Paul and Peter fortress its just something simple. Not only that but that would give them free range. More than I would ever want them to have anyway.” She looked from one to the other as a slow smile moved onto her lips. “How about we make a game from it. Spays we find.” She smiled softly as she thought about it some more. “will think that we let them go in Paul and peter fortress but it will truly be a fortress filled with traps and others things.” She made sure that the others where following her before she went on with her plan.  “Almost like a maze. If they can get out alive they are free to go…if not then they spend three years in the place.”

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 06:52:21 PM »
The Queen smiled and looked deep into Maria's eyes. "You have come up with a wonderful idea. I am so lucky to have a daughter like you." Maria felt something being passed to her from the Ambassodor to Karnivhal. A scrunched up piece of paper-it must be a message of some kind. I wish he knew that he has to wait-I can't work miricles here. "My daughter has spoken for me," said the Queen. "And you, Mr Howlett?"

"I was wondering if you could help me find my daughter."

The Queen frowned. "You'll need to speak to the Royal Police about that-it's nothing to do with me. If it is a criminal gang behind it, do not worry, as the Police are better then you might think at solving kiddnappings. Goodbye, gentlemen."

As they went back to the busy hall the Queen said, "I'm sure you are looking forward to tomorrow-it will be your twenty-fifth birthday and there will be a Royal Ball where the nobilty of all the lands around us will be present. You are one of the most...popular princesses, for want of a better word. It is time that you found yourself a Prince to share your life with, and to produce royal heirs when I am cold in my barrow and you sit on my throne. Do not worry-all the power will still be yours and you are free within reason to choose who you want. This country is a Queendom-not a Kingdom.True, most of the high ranks are still filled by men, but you and I hold ultimate power."

As she walked in Maria was aware of the half-hidden stares of the Princess Training School's agents.

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 07:06:51 PM »
Her foot steps sounding into the hall way along with the Queens. “ I am indeed although I am bored with most of the princes of this world. I should at lest marry one that keeps me amused. Not only that but one who is smart and good looking so then my children will be good looking as well as smart. If I have a dimwitted husband there is a slight chance that they might take after him. Then what would I do mother?”  She breathed out as she shacks her head softly. She took the Queens hand into her own as they went walking. “Mother I wish to hold a masked Ball. It would be so much better than just any kind of masked ball. There will be mazes filled with jesters and knights awaiting to scare or jump out at people. I want this to be the ball that every one remembers! Oh could we mother? I don’t want princess Marguerite to out do me with her ball two months ago.” 

In her mind she was forming a plane. One that would be easy enough for her to get the girls out. Already the note was tucked away inside her dress where no one could find it other than herself.  “You will help me find the right prince will you not mother?”  Not only that but it would give her some time to find out just what was wrong with the Queen.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 07:49:16 PM »
"Of course we can. We will hold the best ball of it's kind, I promise you. And don't worry-this is different from most other monarchies in that you will have the final say over your choice of husband. I care about your future happyness as much as you do. We will make sure that things work out well for you." She summonded the servants around her. "Evans, get the royal maze up and in working order. Robertson, tell the Chief Royal Cook to get the birthday feast ready by tomorrow evening. Chrysta, I will leave it up to you to give the orders for the costumes."

Soon all of the chief servants except for the Royal Cook were with Maria, ready to carry her orders into action.
The Queen meanwhile slipped away and began preperations of her own, making sure that her daughter's birthday presents were wrapped and on display in her room. The Hall was busier then it had been for a very long time, as the party preperations took shape and carried on late into the night.

When Maria and the Queen went to Chrysta's bedroom, Maria noticed that the guards on duty were the same ones that had dyed her hair and forced her into a straitjacket, and had left her in that horrible cell full of decomposing bodies. "Goodnight Chrysta. Happy birthday in advance." The Queen kissed Maria on her forehead and left, walking off towards her own bedroom.

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 08:20:43 PM »
She smiled as she wanted the themes as well as ordered her own costume. Acting just as Chrysta would have.

Later on…

She looked to the guards and smiled a playfully smile. “ Thank you mother.”  Then turned to the Queen before she could walk off.
“Mother can the guards stand in the hall way of my room. I have been having nightmares and I would like it if they where closer for me to get to…Or maybe you could stay with me?”  Her brown her still flowing around her shoulders as the sun was starting to set. She had her own reasons for keeping the guards close to her. The reasons would be to only help her later on. Her arms reasted to the side as she started to plan just what was going to happen the next day. That would be the day that she was be able to get all the girls out.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 12:40:28 PM »
OOC-Sorry for the delay in replying.I was too tired to reply last night.

IC-"Of course I can sleep in your bedroom with you, if that's what you really want," said the Queen. "Goodnight, Chrysta."

"Goodnight, mother."

The next day the whole palace was busy with the preperations for the Ball. The cooks had been working all through the night, and the footmen and guards and other servants set to work decorating everywhere. The maze, which had remained locked ever since a townsperson sneaked inside, got lost and cut his way out with his sword (much to the Queen's annoyence, whoever did it was never caught) was made ready and unlocked.

"Noble guests will be coming from all the countries nearby-from Elohaloth and Vandersil, from Banhoesea and the Crystal City and many, many other places," said the Queen. "I am sure they will be delighted with your Ball. I know I will be. What is the theme that you have chosen for it?"

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 04:21:41 PM »
“ I have picked “Devils Of The Night.”  I did not wish to go with the pretty little things like God creations. That’s what all the other girls do.” She smiled brightly up at her Queen. She did not see her take any pills in the night. An she kissed her Queens hands. “Thank you for staying with me mother. I feel well rested now. I believe this is going to be the Ball of the century!”  She glowed as she looked at her mother. “Oh mother! Tell me you’re going to dress up for my ball as well. It would be so much fun if you did!” She giggles softly as she shacks her head. “ They will all wonder where we are and we could hear what they truly think of us. I have even ordered costumes for all of the workers of the place. I want everyone masked!”

-later on in the day-

She stayed by the Queens side all day long and it seamed many of mages stayed with them as well. Along with the guards from the school. Well at lest she had found the hall way to get to the girls again. Still she had not had the time to read the latter. In her mind she made a map of the mazes…forming a plan.

((Ooc: lols thats fine I never mind! Just as long as I get a post sooner or later! lols))

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »
That evening everything was ready. The servants and guards were dressed as imps and Skelitons, and the Queen was dressed as Persephone, the Queen of the Night. She wore necklaces, bracelets and anklets of rubies and carried a golden stave in the form of a snake. One after another the guests began to arive. There was Vice Admiral Sergey from far away Banhoesea, dressed in a costume that represented the most powerful Kraken on the planet, the famed and feared Big Red. There were the Laritons of Vandersil, the Colomons of Colomansland and many other leading noble families, each striving to outdo the others in their outlandish costumes.Soon the feast hall looked like a feast held for the demonic beings of Hell.

Maria was about to creep away and set the girls free from their prison cell when she felt a grip on her arm. Spinning around she saw a man masked and disguised as a Wight. "Maria, I know it must be you from your costume. I am delighted to see you again. I can tell you must be preparing some secret and possibly naughty plan. Please, let me join you, the more sneaky and illegal the better. You know me-I'm your best friend, I would never get you into trouble with your mother."