llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Saphiri Has Arrived  (Read 859 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Saphiri

• Nomad
    • Awards
Saphiri Has Arrived
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:58:32 PM »
Hello, everyone. I'm new to this website, and I'd like to say I'm pretty new to "role playing" in general. This is the name of my character on the MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot, though I don't do any serious "roleplaying" there. I have an aspiration to be a writer, specifically a fantasy writer. I came across this site by chance today while I was hunting for ideas. Apparently, this is the place for all sorts of random thoughts floating around in one's head but not an actual reality. Perhaps I can learn something about role playing and more importantly uncover the clouds obscuring the view into the world in my head  :shock:. So, I'm here, and I'll post some of my ideas on the appropriate board as soon as possible :).
"I am beginning to feel that I am shut up in a mad house!"
-J.R.R. Tolkien

[Christian]

Offline Roack

• That guy
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: Saphiri Has Arrived
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 10:49:08 PM »
Welcome to the Citadel Saphiri, We're glad to have you. We have a few aspiring writers and are (appropiately) choc-full of roleplayers who'd be glad to help you and read your submissions.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 11:15:22 PM »
Yo.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »
Nobody appears, not quite existing, but not quite not existing either

Hello Saphiri. You have definately come to the right place. I would say that you might have more roleplaying experience than you might think. Anytime that you write about somebody who is not you, you are roleplaying. Any time that you pretend to like somebody, you are roleplaying. Every time that you daydream about what you would do if something happened differently, you are roleplaying. In fact, any time that you imagine what somebody else would or might do, and every single time that you imagine what you would do or say in any situation that has been in any way at all constructed or modified by your mind, you are roleplaying.

So in fact, you have years of experience roleplaying out situations and scenarios. Don't ever forget that.

In the mean time, we help you to see outside that deceptive little box reffered to as "The Matrix"...or "Conventional Thought" if you would prefer.

Anyway, if you want Ideas, this is the place to be. Strolen's Citadel is at it's core, an Idea Guild, where you can find a fortune in ideas to fuel any world that you might want to create. Characters, Items, Locations, Systems, and most importantly, advice, are all available to you as a free resource for the taking.

So on behalf of everybody here (except for the troll that lives under the bridge) welcome to Strolens Citadel.
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 06:41:11 PM »
Welcome.
One can cure oneself of the not un- formation by memorizing this sentence: A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.  Orwell