Poll

Do you think Saddam will leave Iraq?

Yes
1 (11.1%)
No
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 19, 2003, 07:13:27 PM

Author Topic: Do you think Saddam will leave Iraq?  (Read 11028 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2003, 11:31:36 PM »
Well, said, everyone.

You have a quite convincing argument, Drphluid.

But then again, I can't really agree with you either, as I said before.

And even though I'm against the war, I'm still made that the Iraquis broke the Geneva Accords.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline KingOfChaos

• Apprentice
    • http://www.realmsofevil.net/
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2003, 09:30:49 PM »
Nope, I think he's too stubborn to leave Iraq and will fight to the death or maybe even end his own life like Hitler did at the end of WWII.
Shawn Muder
Realms of Evil Games Publishing
http://www.realmsofevil.net/

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2003, 05:34:30 AM »
War goes on, and it does not seem to go too well.

Seems people that should not put up much resistance, do resist, and people that should revolt do not.

One of the worst things that can happen in Evil regimes is that people get used to them.

Will see how the conflict evolves... hoped for a fast end, and will probably not see it. :(
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2003, 10:00:21 PM »
Well. Bush's war has been briskly paced so far. I still think that by "rebuilding" he means "rebuilding,exploiting and abandoning".

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2003, 02:23:16 PM »
All we can do is wait and see. Maybe he isn't as moronic as we seem to think he is.

...Then again, maybe he is.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2003, 03:40:39 PM »
At the risk of getting flamed, I'm a Bush supporter.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2003, 08:41:35 PM »
To wit:

I love America, the nation. The principles it was built upon are strong.
I'm neutral about America, the people. I've seen good and bad among them all.
I hate America, the government. It's slowly tried to rape the principles the nation was built on to cater to the wealthy and the "leadership". (Homeland Security Department, my psychodraconic arse. I'd rather have the dangers of actual freedom to the safety of random searches by peabrained dimwits who think my lack of bowing and scraping to their percieved authority makes me a potential traitor.)

...Yes, I've had people "in charge" make comments about my lack of respect for them being suspicious. This is the US government at work.  :?
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2003, 04:49:23 PM »
If you like, Ria Hawk, if you like.

I just dislike the fact that the more we progress into Bush's Crusade, the more we become suspicious and prone to finger pointing and propaganda. We have to pay attention to what's actually happening here. May I point out that much of what is happening today is suspiciously like what happened in the German Weimar Republic during the rise of the Nazis.

You are absolutely right about the government, Kassil. And almost every politician and beaureaucrat is a worthless, greedy, belligerent bastard.

Offline manfred

• Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2003, 07:42:44 AM »
Quote from: "Ria Hawk"
At the risk of getting flamed, I'm a Bush supporter.

Now where is the flame button? Or at least some flame emoticon? :wink:

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2003, 06:39:31 AM »
FALLUJAH, Iraq - A demonstration calling for U.S. troops to leave the Iraqi town of Fallujah, 40 miles west of Baghdad, turned violent when shooting broke out between local civilians and members of the U.S. military.

This is not good. Sometimes it is not much important which side shot first, it just ends up as the army/police against civilians. And where things like this happen, people with fast and simple solutions are never too far (like terrorists, for example). Let's see what this leads to... :(

Side note: ever noticed, how mobs attract danger? Be it for people inside, and society outside? Hmmm....

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2003, 01:03:30 PM »
Very true. Unfortunately, mobs are a little more intelligent that the average golem in ANY defination of the word that I know.

It's kinda sad that the reigning species of the planet, often but not always, has little more sense that of a lemming.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2003, 01:57:34 PM »
Actually, lemmings are smarter.  They don't really jump off of cliffs and drown themselves in the ocean.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2003, 12:34:42 PM »
Sheep, IMO, are the stupidest creatures on the planet.

Cattle will follow each other off cliffs, in a stampede. Many herd animals will, in fact.

Sheep, on the other hand, have been known to race each other off the cliff. Of all the other races I know of, only humans duplicate this behavioral pattern.

And Ria's right. The whole thing of lemmings-off-a-cliff was forced by a Disney film crew.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2003, 07:22:16 PM »
actually turkeys are dumber than sheep.
When it rains, turkeys will look up at the sky and drown themselves!!!
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2003, 02:09:40 PM »
Domestic turkeys most certainly will. Wild turkeys are a fair bit brighter than their domesticated cousins. Much like how your average dog is a blithering idiot compared to his wolven cousins.

...Wolves have been known to watch people go in and out of a house, and when they've all left, to go up and open the door using the doorknob to help themselves to any food inside.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2003, 04:31:25 PM »
ya, but dogs are smart too. They have adapted to humans behavior and behave in just the right way so that we get the food for them. Pretty smart there.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2003, 05:49:12 PM »
Bzzt.
They were bred to do that, and raised from puppies to rely on humans. That they get fed without doing anything useful isn't them being smart; it's humans being morons. After all, originally man domesticated wolves to help hunt food. When that was no long needed, they bred them as guards. Then people became rich enough to start wanting 'pretty' pets. So the various breeds were born.

You can't tell me that the blank glazed-eye stare I get from most family pets is much more than the bare minimum of intellect needed to keep basic autonomous functions running.
Look into a wolf's eyes. They're smart, and it's easy to see in the look they give you in return. Predators are smart. Herd animals can be fairly bright, if wild.
Humans don't like competition, so they breed the brains out for docility.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2003, 05:57:53 PM »
Pigs are suppose to be the smartest animals on four legs.

On the dog/wolf thing.

The results of these experiments might at first make dogs look dumb compared to the wolves. Only one dog solved the problem on the third day, and two did so on the fourth. No dog solved either puzzle on the fifth day. But the dogs really weren't being stupid - they were just being dogs. One trait humans have selected in dogs is attentiveness toward and dependence on humans. No wonder the dogs exerted little mental effort and expected the human to get the food for them!

http://www.achievementinfo.com/2001ELA8/2001ELA8.34-41.html

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2003, 08:26:52 PM »
well, I beleive most dogs are rather intelligent. My dog however is the biggest mororn in the world, but he's pretty funny, so I still like him.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2003, 11:10:58 PM »
I have three dogs all Diffrent breeds the dog that (speaking in terms of the breed) is supposed to be smarter is dumb and the one that is supposed to be dumb is the most intellegent dog I have ever seen.. getting to the point I think that animals like humans are individualistic and therefore cannot be classified into dumb species and smart species afterall I will be the first to admit that even the humans have there idiots.
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2003, 11:11:37 PM »
:lol:  ummm... what does a lemming look like any way I mean I have heard the saying but Have no clue what one looks like
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2003, 07:13:10 AM »
Small furry rodents.
Need more be said?
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2003, 07:14:41 AM »
"even the humans have their idiots".

Quite true. They do have idiots.
Most of the rest are just morons, which is worse. As a species, I refuse to count humans as sentient. They just have genetic aberrations often enough to give the appearance of intelligence to the species.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2003, 10:02:07 AM »
"Humans thought that they were more intelligent than dolphins because humans had invented fire, the wheel, New York, war, etc, while all the daolphins had done was muck about in the water having a good time.  Howver the dolphins thought they were more intelligent than humans for precisely the same reasons."

I love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  The quote may not be exactly right, but that's the general idea. And y'know, I agree with the dolphins.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2003, 11:07:30 AM »
yes, humans regard themselves as the smartest creatures in the world, but it was us who invented the system we go by. Man was not about to admit being inferior, so we made the formula for intelligence biased towards us!