llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: In the moon light  (Read 42007 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

• Snake
  • Adept
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
Re: In the moon light
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2006, 12:19:44 PM »
With closed eyes grandmother Rachel looked from one person to the next. Remembering herself how hard it was to save each one of them. To help each one of them in there lives. Her hands reach up to push back her white gray hair. How many of years had it been when Rose had bitten her? She smiled as she remember thinking about leaving that little cyclone. It seamed that she had not changed very much. On her grey eyes swooped over the little group. It had been far to long ago when they where chosen. But would they take in who they are? Or will they fight it?

“I do not have time to tell you all. But I shall tell you why you are all chosen.”  Again the old grandmother looked at each one ending on   Amrinas. “You where each chosen for your pasts. Your garte grate grandmother’s and grandfathers where apart of a clan called The Drifters. There where many kind of drifters.  The first generation of drifters held the language of the forest and the leaving things around them. The following generation learned how to control things such as the moonlight. Among other things. The list goes on but the point would be that they each learned how to talk to and then control an element. The Drifters started to die out but before they did they started to spread out so then some form of there powers would still be alive.”  Closing her old grey eyes as she smiled. “ Reach year the new generation of the Drifters congregate together. An each year there powers are discovered. Most of the time the only have one of the powers of each group as did there parents before them. Only the last generation was different. They had mixed skills.”  Crossing her arms as she allowed her staff rest upon the grass. “An each year one out of all the drifters is assigned to look after the children. To make sure they grow and live to make a new generation of Drifters.”

All the time Rose could not help but study the grandmother Rachel as her voce was slow and steady. She could only peace together everything as fast as grandmother Rachel would give it to her. “ You’re the  guardian . An we…”  Grandmother Rachel nodded softly. “ You are the generation I was assigned to.”
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Arminas

• My coat is sorta a brownish color...
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2006, 04:38:35 PM »
Arminas sat and watched the whole thing, Keirra at his side, her glittering eyes watching intently. Finally, when the woman stopped, Arminas shook his head.

"You, grandmother, I do not know. I have never had parents, much less grandparents. So if these people are this group of which you speak, I cannot be one. I fear that perhaps I do not belong here after all."

He had often wondered as a child if he had parents once... but it had become increasingly clear to him that he was not of these humans that lived outside the borders of his home... he was of the forest. Drifter...? He had never drifted once in his life, never left this forest... and yet now it seemed to do everything to convince him to help them...

Why...? As likable as some of them may be, they are still the same people that every year cut down more and more of this forest... why should I go with them? This power they claim to have is a lie, no power could do that without ending all life on the planet. What madness is this!? Why do you push me to them!?

"I was wrong to involve myself. If you'll all excuse me..."

Arminas stood, pulling his bow from the ground, and Keirra stood as well, looking at him mournfully. He shook his head once, then moved to leave, halting once on the edge of the clearing.

"Whatever you do, the forest will not prevent you..."

ooc: So! here's the error with your post, Rose - Arminas cannot possibly be descended from these people because he is a Silvani - a descendent of the forest. Silvani do not breed, at least not with one another (though yes there is that theory about the creation of elves, but Arminas is not at all human or any other race). So, anyways, Grandma is - has to be - wrong about Armi. Unless you can come up with something else, lol. Sorry to be stubborn but there is no way whatsoever that he is descended from these people as she said
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:42:25 PM by Arminas »
"Now I did a job, and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job, and then I get paid."

"... but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »
With in a blink of an eye it seamed that Grand mother Rachel was beside Arminas. “ Young people. Move to fast. Think to fast and make up there minds to fast.” She thumps the ground softly. The only thing Rose kipped on thinking about was how in the world did grandmother Rachel move so fast. “You Arminas are not apart of the drifters. But  the dryad that took care of you as a child was a friend of mine. I promised her that if anything happened to her I would take care of you. An you have dun fine on your own for the most part. Can you say you do not remember  grandmother Rachel?”  Her laughter was light in the air as she shacks her head. “ You go if you wish. But if you go the forest go to. Something to think about indeed. You are apart of this group. Whether you like it or not.”  Grandmother Rachel started making her way back to the group in a slow motion. Already muttering to herself softly “ young people make so much trouble for grandmother Rachel. In grandmother Rachel’s old age surprising to keep up with younger people.”  Rose was half way lessoning and half way in a daze. Her own thoughts filled her mind…

((ooc: lols I know I know man oh man you always make me rush into thing don't you! You know I don't know who's more hard headed. You or me!))
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2006, 10:36:58 PM »
"Very well Altessa.  You say that for my, our, entire lifetimes you've been watching us?  You saying that none of us is what we thought we were?  And even the bloody Elf-boy over there, you promised the gods-be-dammed forest sprites that you'd watch him?  Why do you lead us on like this?"  Jud stops for a second and spits on the ground, "That is what I think of your tale.  I'm of the clan Ezpadha, son of Quebrada.  We've wandered the plains for generations beyond count.  YOU SPEAK LIES!"

The village, back when I was young.  Vara and his crew.  They were harassing me again, calling me a half-breed.  I never knew my mother, she died giving birth to my sister, when I was young.  Except this time it's different.  Vara has a stick, and he hits me.  I fall over and he hits me again.  Now his friends have started joining in, kicking me and spitting on my face.  I don't remember what happened next, Ceiro, the butcher, said I got up and started fighting.  The next thing I remember is that I'm laying at home with a dozen broken ribs and every breath hurts.  Vara and two others died that day, the village never forgave me.  When I married an outsider it was the last straw and they threw me out.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2006, 12:26:18 AM »
"Parents?  Did I ever have those?"  Nai spoke more to herself than anyone else.  "I can't remember.  I can't remember much.  Just bits and images."  She shuddered slightly.  "And something tells me I shouldn't ever remember."  She looked down at her hands, and for an instant saw them differently, covered in blood from unnumbered cuts.  The flash passed, and she looked up at the others.  "You were the first person I ever remember being nice to me," she said brightly.  "What do you want me to do?"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »
"Hold your tounge" Raven turned viciously on Jud. "You know as well as the rest of us that she helped you in one way or another wether you like to admit it or not" Raven spoke through barred teeth. Her features had thinned thinking off the past, most of the time she tried to forget what had happened before and keep her sight on the here and now. People had hurt her and her family and she had always found it hard to trust. But these people just seemed to come into her life and the trust came with them. She wasn't sure on what she could do to help but she was going to try none the less.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2006, 10:03:08 PM »
The grandmother only looked to Jud as she walked over to him. Her brown eyes locked onto his as she said nothing at all. For nothing needed to be said. All she did was grasp onto his shoulder holding on tightly. “Your all powerful in your own way…do not hate who you are.” Why rose found herself speaking out this thought she had not a clue. Slowly standing up as she looked to the others. They where Drifters? Could it be true? What of Arminas. What was he? It seamed that Grandmother Rachel knew just what she was thinking as she turned to her. “ Another day…”   With that she stood in the middle of them all.
“I can get you inside that house. But you must trust and lesson to grandmother Rachel. Or you young people will only chose her more trouble then you already have.” Nodding her head softly as she closes her eyes. “ I can open a portal which once you step in you shall end up in the house. Where in house I do not know. Still you shall be able to get in house. How you get out I do not know. This is all I can offer you. ”  Opening her deep brown eyes again looking from one face to another. “ One more thing. The owner of house. His heart is filled with greed. An he loves to gambol. Keep this in mind.”

Already knowing where she stood she looked onto the others. “ You all know what I say to this… I say we go in during the day. They would expect for a night attack. What do you think?”

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2006, 12:25:16 AM »
Nai nodded.  "That sounds fine to me."  She stood up and stretched, then pulled her sword out and started going through a drill away from the others a bit.  "And don't worry 'bout how we're gonna get out... I don't really see that as much of a problem."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2006, 10:51:38 PM »
"No, no much of a problem.  When all of us start blowing up and changing lead into gold they'll all go running in terror."  Jud started stretching, "And I apologize to any of you that I may have offended by calling this lady that I might have seen once before in my life a liar, even though I believe very little about what she's said."

OOC:  I'm going to be gone for a week.  Jud'll be following you guys so don't worry too much when I don't post. 
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Arminas

• My coat is sorta a brownish color...
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2006, 09:38:02 PM »
"I do not..."
He shook his head a little and looked back at the woman for a moment, eyes gleaming slightly
"If you were her friend then where were you when the humans killed her!?"
Keirra looked a little startled at his behavior, and he looked back away. It wasn't often - if ever - that he blew up like that... he was the calm type, calm like the forest... but that night was one that inpired him to such anger.
"She was kind and she was the only one that cared for me then... and they just killed her... killed her just for trying to protect her home. And now more of those same kind of people just put people through things like this...?"
He looked back at the rest of them and shook his head slightly.
"I'll help you, I guess... Can;t let those people stay in my forest..."
"Now I did a job, and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job, and then I get paid."

"... but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2006, 08:08:28 PM »
OOC: CPR time.  Must breath life back into thread.

"All right, they might just be expectin' a night attack, but I doubt that the place cools down at anytime.  'Sides that if I were them, and knew I was gonna be attacked, I'd be on watch all day.  But now would be the time to attack I'd guess, the sunset should be coming soon, and with it two things, the changing of the guard and supper.  Both of which should leave the guards a bit off guard.  Of course I don't know nothing, so feel free to contridict me at any time."