llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: In the moon light  (Read 41886 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

• Snake
  • Adept
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
In the moon light
« on: February 03, 2006, 04:41:56 PM »
The moon light touched her soft skin as she moved with speed that she had known all her life. Hit them hard and then run. Or get what’s needed and run. Either way she always ended up doing what she hated. Running like a coward, something she always promised herself that she was not. Still it was the only way of keeping the heat on her and her sisters out of trouble. Her black boots where covered in mud from the night before as her pants seamed to keep her warm. Moving on up the rest of her form was covered up by a long coat as well as a lightly battered shirt. Strangely her corset was worn on the outside. Others might have thought it strange she thought of it as cheep armor. To her it was the only armor that she needed. With wanted posters pasted upon a wooden beam in the middle of the town she went to see if hers was on it. Then she found one with her face printed upon one. She moved for a closer look. Her face was masked with a veil she could tell three things.

One : The only thing they had right about her was her eyes, ocean blue, and height 5’5
Two: They thought that she was a man, which only angered her.
Three:  She still had not a clue just who was putting up for the bounty upon her family and why.

All this only made her want to either scream loudly or cry. The last time she had cried her mother and father died in saving her sisters and herself. So crying was out of the question. Not only that but crying was a weakness something she just could not have. As for screaming why give away just who she was as soon as she set foot into the town. Her jet-black hair flowed feely upon her shoulders as she still moved on into an alleyway filled with promises. Looking for anything to tell her just where she had ended up. “Lost again…” She whispers to herself. How she hated the old map she had. It was time for a new one that was a fact. Still her foot steps sounded off into the night. Trying to keep the daemons of her past at bay by thinking of just where she was. “Hanger Tavern…sounds inviting…” on she went to the doors of the place. Maybe she might find just what she was looking for.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 06:06:31 PM by TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra »
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
Re: In the moon light
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:20:40 PM »
OOC: do you mind if i join? if so just say and i will delete my post

IC: Raven sat in a dark corner glass in one hand pipe in the other. Raven was 5ft 6 slim but muscly, She had long Black hair with a single streak of silver. Raven wore a long black cloak, a pair of black tight fitting trousers and a black bustier. Her boots were as well black. On her head she wore a large black hat covering her eye's. the most you could see of her was her mouth, her lucious, red, glossy mouth. Raven was dangerous and people knew it. She knew what it was like to have a bounty on her head. Raven was a hitman or should i say woman. She was ordered to kill people and she was the best at it, but she hadn't had a job for a while. So here she was sat in a dark corner sipping on a deep red wine and smoking a pipe. she took a deep long breath of the pipe the embers in it's funnel lighting up her dark complexion. At her side raven had a longsword. The blade of the sword was gold from tip to hilt except for the silver etching on one side. she also had a numerous amount of daggers hidden in each and every place you could imagine. Raven moved around alot going from city to city, drinking and doing her job. and now she had settled down for a week or two and was having a drink in the Hanger Tavern. Very few people disturbed her and thats how she liked it. 
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 11:27:29 AM »
((occ: your more than welcomed! I’m just happy someone joined!))

Walking into a tavern was like a requirement in every town. That was the first place to see just what and who you’re up agents. This tavern seamed to be just like any other…other than one person. Oh yes she knew who she was. Her name was Raven.  Her wanted papers where upon the pole just like her own. This told her more than one thing. The towns people where either afraid of her, they just didn’t care, or the best of all three situations they where to din witted to see just who was stopping into there town. Her boots still clicked in time but the sound was no longer pounding into the walls. The drunks and wenches took good care of being there loud and ratty selves. What did it matter to her? Only three things seamed off. The bar keeper would never look her in the eye. In every tavern she had been in the bar keep always looked into the on comer for the following

One: Trouble makers who would rip up the bar and take his cash flow.

Two: Women who he could drug and then sell off to the guards or men in the town to use in the up stars rooms.

Three:  A person that couldn’t hold his drink and then he could steal all the belonged to the man.

And then last but not lest. Everything was not as it seamed. Which meant this was

Three:  A set up trap but for whom? For her or for Raven? Or maybe another that resided in that town?

Soon she would find out as she slipped into a chair far away from the door but closer to a window leading to the river outside. A soft smirk touched her lips as she lifted her hand to the bar keep. Making the man come to her knowing full and well that he would have to or she would have to force him. She was going to get some answers one way or another.
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 06:26:40 PM »
Jud sat the quietly nursing his drink.  Just one more day in this backwater cesspool and he could leave.  The door opens and a lady walks in, but the bar keep seems unusually quiet for once.  Instead of shouting at her to close the door he just kinda looked away.  And the way she looked at little miss walking armory in the corner meant that someone else hear actually cared about who’s who on the most wanted list.  The newcomer still had the mud from the road on her, and she went off to a window, motioning the bartender for a drink.

Jud didn’t like this turn of events.  People that knew who was on the pole in the square usually meant one of two things, either a bounty hunter or one of the hunted.  And both of those usually meant trouble.  He was under the impression that being caught with his pants down was bad for his health, and as such decided that it would be best if his crossbow was handy.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:19:25 PM »
Nai trudged through the street, exhausted and annoyed.  She'd hit a bad streak; everything seemed to happen to her.  "Did I do something to annoy you personally?" she asked up at the sky.  "I mean, that incident with my brother wasn't bad enough?  You had to drop the fire and that officious ******* on me too?"  She needed a drink.  Several drinks.  Luckily the tavern wasn't far off.  She glanced at the pole in the square as she passed it.  Yep, still up there.  Yep, the poster was still wrong.  "At least they can't be bothered to post the correct information on the bounties."
Ah, the tavern.  She ignored all of the patrons in there and made straight for the bar.  "Whiskey.  Strong as you got."
She was unusual looking enough to attract attention.  Tall and thin, blond hair cut short, and her ragged clothes all seemed too big.  All but her hands and head were covered, although if one looked close enough, they could see scars peeking out from underneath around her neck.  She took the drink the barman gave her and tossed it back.  "Another."  She ignored the look he gave her; if this was the strongest stuff they had, then this place was sorely lacking.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 12:12:29 AM »
Andimia swung down from the rooftop she had been napping on. Climbing and being high up always made her feel safe, even as a child. The darkness also made her feel at ease. She approached the post with all of the wanted posters upon it scanning the pictures for a fimiliar face, one that she knows but has never seen. "d**nit!" she cursed, though she had lost all hope of finding her sister she still checked the wanted bords again and again. She kicked at a pebble and it skittered accross the ground. She pulled her tattered cloak around her body against the night chill. I could really use a drink to warm me up. She ducked down a side alley and headed towards the tavern.

On her way she spotted a drunken man stumbling in her direction. She approached him immediately.
"Hello there handsome." she winked at the man.
"Hullo tthere gorgeous..." he managed, spitting as he spoke. "You looking for a bit of fun, eh?" he looked her up and down.
"Well actually..." Andi moved in close to the man, pressing her body against him as she deftly pulled out her dagger and cut the small pouch from his belt, slipping it into her sidepack. She then noisily sniffed the man. "Nevermind, i've got better prospects elsewhere." and stepped back from the drunken man who wobbled where he stood.
"You shhure? you don't know whats you're missssing." he looked as if he was going to pass out right there. But she was gone before he finished his sentence. The man looked around a little confused. Maybe he had just halucinated the whole thing...

Andimia grinned to herself as she sprinted deftly up the alley, stopping once she was far enough away. leaning against a building she pulled the pouch out and poured the contents into the palm of her hand. She frowned, there were a couple pairs of gambling dice, one pair obviously loaded, a smooth stone and a few coppers. At least it'll buy me a drink. She thought and she went around the corner of the building and went into the tavern. She unwrapped herself from her cloak and sat at the bar. The woman next to her was putting down wiskey better then any dwarf.
"I'll have an ale." Andi said as she put the coppers down on the bar.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 11:06:01 PM »

On she looked to the people who where walking into the room. There seamed more so an amount of people on the wanted posters in one room. This was indeed odd. Just what was going to happen? Then she could see them. Guards huddled around with the blue or red sashes. The ones with the blue she knew all to well. In fact she loved playing games of cat and mouse with them from time to time. Letting them almost catch her just so then they would keep up the chase and stay off of her sisters. Moving her ocean blue eyes onto the other guards with the red sashes. They must be the guards who truly work around the town. Still they to where not all that they seamed which made her even more so edgy. Drumming her finger tips onto the table as the barkeep slowly made his way to her. He seamed to be taking his time and looking onto other customers with pleading eyes. As if hoping that he would be filled with so much work that he would not have time to come to her.

But he did have to come and so there he was standing before her. She could already smell the sweat as a soft smirk touched her lips. “ How many?”  her voce was not loud then again nor was it a whisper. “ Wwhat do you mean M’lady?”  His hands clinched together and then relaxed many times. “ You know what I mean.” Locking her ocean blue eyes upon him as her finger tips took grasp of one of the daggers from its hold playing with it ever so lightly in her hand. “ Tell me what I wish to know…”

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 11:20:57 PM »
Nai noticed the growing number of guards.  The blue sashes weren't going to be a problem, but the reds might.  She kept her eyes fixed on the wall behind the bar, and a hand strayed to her knife.  Other than that, the only sign she was anxious was the way she was tightly gripping her glass.  How many were there?  She didn't know.  More than she could outrun?  Probably.  So I fight.  That might not be such a good idea either, but I will NOT let them take me back there.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 12:55:09 AM »
Andi turned on the barstool so she could see the whole room. She didn't pay much attention to the guards as she rested her elbows against the bar and took a swig of her ale. Not a person here would know anything about her and for once in a long while Andimia could relax and enjoy her ale.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 03:56:09 PM »
While looking around the room Jud realizes that there are far to many people in this room sober enough to handle themselves in a fight.  And the room's still filling up.  Crap.  If it starts getting hot he has to either get close to the walking deathtrap, or out the door.  And neither of those are going to be easy.  But that's only if...  For now it's enough to relax and enjoy this swill they try to pawn off as ale here.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 11:57:40 PM »
The bar keeper looked into her eyes as she softly leaned towards him. “How many…last chances…” Her ocean blue eyes seamed to flash with laughter. Mocking the man before her as he sweated it out before he gave her what she wanted “ There are many men on the roof top  outside the tavern any one walks out there to be shot innless they are wherein the blue or red sashes...Then there are men inside acting drunk but they are not. Most in here are guards very few towners. Mmay I go now?” She nodded her head lightly and again looked over the people. How they found out about them all she had not a clue. Then again it did not matter how all that mattered was staying alive. She did not feel up to picking locks again. A thought came into her mind but she had not a clue if the others would understand her. Even if they did not at lest she would have a distraction for to slip onto the roof tops and kill off the guards. Or just run, both would work.

Tapping her foot softly as her voce rang out into the tavern. “ In the darkness all is held. My face they may veil. Still I care not of what happens in the night. For I live in the daylight. Filled with fight am I to know all that the darkness shows. Filled with fright am I to see just what the outside darkness has for me. In the Darkness all is held. My face they may veil. Still in the moon light I can see all. In the moon light I will not fall… Filled with fight am I to know all that the darkness shows. Filled with fright am I to see just what the outside darkness has for me. Warm in this old tavern of mine. Where I do love to pass the time…”

As she was singing she walked around the tavern moving from guard to guard. Her right hand running along the mans chest but her to her unbinding the belts. As soon as she ended her singing she winked at the women at the bar. Then smiled at the man as she then reached the fire place.She taped her foot to count the guards around her. Then slowly taking a stick of wood out of the fire place and thrown it onto the drinks held behind the bar. Then the fight was on as the guards started screaming at one another. “GET HER”  She just hoped the others understood her warnings about the men outside.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 12:35:55 AM »
Nai ducked as the log sailed over the bar, then spun around and planted her knife in a red-sash's belly as he lumbered past.  She dodged another attack, and started backing towards the center of the room, wishing she had a better weapon.  A big blue-sash glowered at her, and charged.  She laughed.  "I am Fire, I am Ice.  You cannot pace the fire, you cannot melt the ice.  If you get too close, the fire will freeze you and the ice will burn you."  He looked at her blankly, and she used the opportunity to kick him in the stomach.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 01:17:07 AM »
Andimia fell off the stool and hit the floor with a complete lack of grace in her attempt to dodge the firey piece of wood flung in her direction. Spilling her ale in her fall she cursed. By the time she stood up the tavern was in a full-out brawl. First thing Andi did was jump over the bar, careful to avoid the log and the blue flames spreading around it. She quickly made her way to the cash box, emptying the contents into her sidepouch. The Barkeep was futilely attempting to stop the brawl. Smiling to herself she jumped back over the bar to get out of this place as quickly and easily as possibe.
Too bad a guard saw what she had done and grabbed her by the shoulders. Andi unsheathed the dagger from it's place on her right hip and stuck the man in the stomach, and twisted as she pulled it out. "So much for getting out of here easily." Andimia grumbled as she grabbed the bottle of wiskey the barkeep had left in all of the commotion, she took a couple of quick swigs, watching a guard cut through the crowd towards her through the bottle. She set it upon the bar with a thud and waited, her right fist balled and ready she flipped the knife in her left hand so the blade pointed up her arm. "Time for a good bar fight." She grinned
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 08:18:05 PM by Andimia »

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 09:12:50 PM »
Crap.  Jud saw the first girl get up and start walking around the room.  This in and of itself was no REAL cause for alarm, but the song she was singing didn't make him feel very safe.  When she reaches into the fire he decides that now is the time to act.  Getting up he starts walking towards the guards, who at the moment are showering the girl with their undevided attention.

A shot in the back of the closest guard at this range is easy.  But getting the sash off of a dead guard is going to be a lot harder.  He hits the closest one, and as his friend turns Jud chucks the crossbow at him.  Diving Jud grabs the dead guard's knife and hamstrings guard two.  Cutting the sash off of the dead one Jud immediatly tries to get his back to the fire, which seems to be spreading quite rapidly.  The swill might taste horrible, but it sure does burn.

As it is he tries to force his way through to the singer.  On the bar it looks like one of Hell's angels has broken loose and is valiantly fighting the forces of good at all sides, and towards the middle of the room another person seemed to be hemmed in.  And yet again he wonder's, "Why am I here."

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 04:15:09 PM »
Her smile stayed upon her lips moving from one spot to the other. Still the guards where everywhere around her and there was no place to run. All that she could hope for would be for the others to understand not to run outside. Snapping out of her thoughts as one of the guards grabbed her arm. Her dagger still spinning in her hand as she stabs the man’s windpipe. Jet-black hair flowing around her shoulders still hands grabbing at her. “Don’t you know a girl hates to be groped! Why we have hardly even have a chaperon!” Leaping into the air as soon as she was free from there hands and landing onto a table. Smirking to herself as she moved around upon the table. Men still trying to grab her as there eyes filled with greed. Then there eyes where upon the fire that was still spreading. With that in the moment she slips to the ground. Daggers and other things flying everywhere and the guards seamed to not know where she was in till she popped back up in the middle of the room. “d**n guards…”

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 10:31:01 AM »
Raven sat smiling for a while. She polished off her drink and stood pulling her long sword out of it's sheath. She had stayed quiet all this time and now it was her own turn. One of the guards with a red sash ran at her waving his sword in the air getting ready to strike. Raven pushed her travelling cloak hood down and revealed her face her jet black eye's shimmering in the fire light. She sliced horizontaly at the guard who was running towards her cutting across his stomach. Another guard this time with a blue sash ran at her at the same time as she was fighting the red one. She pulled a dagger out of one of the hidding places in her clothing and threw it defiantly at the oncoming blue guard hitting him straight in the middle of the forehead. He dropped to the floor as Raven thrust her sword deep into the red guards chest and then yanking her sword back out swang backward's catching another blue guards in the skull. A spine tingling crunch filled the room as the heavy blade broke the skull of the man. Raven looked around the bar and watched as the others all began to fight as well. Why had they all decided to come here tonight? Where they trying to round us all up in one? most of the guards were going around Raven not wanting to try and fight her. But a few brave and stupid guards ran straight at her and then found that they were dead. Raven couldn't help but smile as she stepped towards a blue guard and he ran the oppostie direction. She let out a sardonic laugh and tossed her hair out of her face "Well this is fun isn't it" she called over the room pushing one of the blue guards to the floor and smashing him in the face with her sword hilt.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 01:46:51 AM »
Nai spun out of the way of another attack.  "Yeah.  This is a blast.  Bit too hectic for my taste, though."  She dropped to kick a man's feet out from under him.  As he fell, she yanked his sword free of his belt.  "Finally!"  She jumped back to her feet.  She grinned insolently at the guards charging her.  "I think it's time you saw," she said as she ducked around them, "Why I was called Little Flame."  She dodged and weaved around the guards, in a seemingly random pattern of movement that was almost impossible to keep up with.  I am Fire, I am Ice.  Fire is the name they gave me and what freed me, Ice is what I must become and what keeps me safe.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 10:26:18 AM »
Raven stopped hitting the guard on the floor and stood to watch this girl run round these guards. Her black eye's followed closely as the girl turned into a thick blur. Just as the girl was doing this a red guard creeped up behind raven raised his sword and recieved a punch in the face. Raven had turned just in time for the man to riase his sword behind her. The punch knocked the guard back into the table and then the sword cut his head off. so i'm not the only one with special tricks up my sleeve then Raven thought as she turned back to watch this girl. Raven slowly faught her way over to the bar and jumped up onto it kicking a guard in the face as she jumped. softly she jumped to the floor and made herself a glass of elvish wine mixed with some very strong or was supposed to be strong ale. she lifted her glass to her lips and tasted the fine liquid within. Suddenly the glass was knocked out of her hand by a guard kicking her in the face Raven staggered backwards and then grabbed the guards legs making him fall backwards over the bar. He was soon up and then back down again as Raven kicked him up the bum and fell tumbling head over heels into a rack of glasses which all shattered over him. Raven walked slowly over to the guard and placed her heavy black boot onto the mans chest "Now i want some answer's" Ravens voice pierced through skin and sent fear rolling down his spine, But it was also so soft and so lovely which sent the men into false accusations. Most men thought that she was just a young lovely girl looking for someone special but those who knew her knew that she was a ruthless killing machine. Raven spoke again "What is going on here" The guard looked deeply into Ravens eye's and began to stutter "I.ii.i D.don't know" "i have no time for this" Came the voice again smashing hid head against the racks "Alright a.alright, I'll tell you. All i know is that they were after 5 people on the wanted posters and i suppose they found them" Raven looked up "They were after us why" The guard looked stunned at the question "i.i never asked" Raven looked up again and stared around at the room She watched the girl in the middle of the room surronded by most of the guards. Raven turned quickly to the guard and liffted him to his feet. She threw him over the bar and Jumped over herself landed with a soft thump on the man she just threw over "if your lying to me" she said sweetly picking him up and thrusting him into the bar "i will slit your throat do you understand" the guard nodded and fell to the floor as Raven let go and faught her way over to the middle of the room to the girl fighting there. Raven kicked at a guard in front of her and he fell to the floor. she thrust her sword into the top of his head and then kicked him to the side. Gradually she managed to get next to the girl "Hi" she called to the girl next to her  "What brings you here?"     

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »
(OOC: Which girl are you talking about?  Me, Andimia, or Rosylen?  I've lost track of positions.)

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »
“A panting or two nothing out of the normal. Don’t go outside. There are guards crawling on top of the roof tops. I’ll get to them in a moments time if I could just get to the d**n window.”   She grinned brightly as she started humming softly to herself. It would seam the same sounding as she was singing not to long ago. Only it was some how stronger…or was it softer? The sound seamed to carry out in the room but there seamed to be nothing of it. Nothing that the guards where looking at. Her daggers still flying around her as the cretins from the walls seamed to sway and move with each of her movements. The chairs started to shrink to the floor along with many of the tables. She seamed to be in a daze not truly even knowing just what she was doing herself. She arms moved back letting her coat roll to the ground. On she seamed to move in till her movements where so much of a snake that her strikes where fast and just as deadly. The chairs seamed to burn up with the fire. Then again it was not a fire at all one of a different kind that was burning up the place around them. This fire had a sort of a green glow. They where no longer chairs but snakes of all kinds. Attacking the men as they strangled or seamed to be disappearing with in there skin. Eating away at the flesh or just simply biting there neck or anything uncovered. Her eyes where no longer an ocean blue but a bright green. Her song ended as the snakes still went to there work. Her eyes slowly fading from the green color to the blue. She looked onto the women called Raven. “An yourself what brings you here?” 

Slowly she made her way over to the window. “ I’ll go out and start picking off the guards from the roof tops. I should have it dun in a minute. Please tell the others that we must all meet up in the forest just east outside this town. There is a black lake…I shall see you there.”  Opening the window as she looked onto the others. “ I’ll let you know when the job tis dun outside. Watch for my signal. An if you wish to join me upon the roof tops come by this window…”  With that she disappeared into the night.

((occ: She was talking about me. I'm in the middle of the room))

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
Jud smiled, showing his filed teeth as he finished of another guard. "Far to easy" he mumbled.  Then that disturbing hum started up again, and the snakes.  He was trapped in the middle of a sea of snakes, but they didn't touch him.  They only attacked the guards. And the girl that terrified the bartender was jumping out of a window.  This day has been WAY too long.

Jud saw an opening though and forced his way back to his table for his bag.  And his book.  Those were all that mattered to him now and he wasn't going to let them be consumed in some godforsaken fire.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 08:06:55 PM »
The guard came towards Andimia and she shifted her weight back into her shoulder, then transfered it forward through her fist in a blow that caught the charging guard square in the face and slashed up wit her dagger, catching him in a superficial wound accross the torso. Blood began to gush from the man's face and Andi awaited another attack, ready to hit him again. Then what appeared to be a snake attacked the man. She jumped back, startled. "Hey! He was mine." she growled and realized it actually was a snake. She would have backed up but the fire from the bar was already hot upon her back. Andi nervously circled around where the snakes were to avoid being pinned between the two evils. She saw the womans eyes fade from green as she spoke to another. All Andi heard was "we must all meet up in the forest just east outside this town" and then the snake lady was out the window. "Looks like i'm in the wrong tavern." Andi shrugged and made her way for the door.

(ooc: Andimia isn't on any of the wanted poster yet, she's new to this town.)

Offline Arminas

• My coat is sorta a brownish color...
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 09:01:12 PM »
Arminas was sitting at a table in the bar when the whole thing broke out, sipping at a beer casually. He hadn't done much as of late, jobs were scarce, but at least he had been getting in some relaxation time... he was dressed in a black cloak and dark colored garments underneath, since he did most of his work in the forests at night, hunting beasts... and people. But then, that was what he did... he rarely came into the town except to get jobs from people, and even those he didn't take very often. For the most part he kept to himself in the forest. The six foot tall bowstave leaning on the back of his chair was something he had taken up as a child - a smaller bow, of course - and used both to feed and defend himself for years. A short sword at his hip was a recent aquisition from a band of bandits he found despoiling his home.... bastards. Ah well, you couldnt change people. You could, however, make sure they wouldn't repeat their behavior... When the fight started, however, and one of the guards ran by, would have knocked his bowstave over if he hadn't caught it. He waited, thinking it would be over soon, but finally he had to accept - someone was better than the guards had expected. Lovely. He pulled a string from his pocket, braced his bowstave against his foot, and bent it, strung it, then adjusted the arrow bag at his belt.
"Seems like it's my cue to leave..."
So, at that, he made his way to the door, ducking violent attacks aimed at people around him, until he pushed the door open, stepped outside - and found himself at the tip of a blade. He had strung an arrow as fast as the blade came up, one between his forefinger and middle finger, and two more between his other fingers, tilted down towards the ground. He had the string pulled back to his ear and aimed directly at the throat of the man.
"Move and die"
Arminas shook his head, keeping his eyes on the man.
"I wouldn't threaten like that if i were-"
The man lunged with the blade, but never made it as Arminas released, sending the arrow with force only a 100 lb draw weight longbow could deliver - piercing the man's throat and sending him back several feet, tearing his head almost clean off as it passed very close to going clean through. The two other guards moved, but that was what the other two arrows were for. The hunter pivoted on his foot, then drew and released in one motion, sending an arrow through the man's chest, then swung again and fired, this time hitting the man's breastplate. Now, it wasn't a bodkin, that would have pierced the armor, but even the broadhead arrow carried a whole lot of force behind it. The arrow hit with a massvie clang of metal, and shattered down it's length, delivering every bit of that force into the man, who was knocked back several yards and sent him to the ground, gasping from the dent in his plate. Arminas shook his head.
"I was going to say, I wouldn't, what an arrow can do at point blank..."
As more guards came, he frowned.
"Oh... sash. Crap!"
With that, he turned and ran down the nearest alley, jumped, planted a boot on one wall and kicked as hard as he could, giving him just enough momentum to grab the edge of the roof and pull himself up just as a woman crawled out the window. He strung an arrow and fired it, almost directly past her face, she would feel the wind from it, but the arrow dove into the heart of an archer guard that was aiming for her back. As the man fell, his pale blue eyes found hers.
"You the one that's got them so worked up...?"

OOC: hey everyone... thought I'd enter my char with a bang, hope nobody minds ^_^
"Now I did a job, and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job, and then I get paid."

"... but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 10:44:50 PM »
Nai vaguely noticed the snakes, but didn't pay it much mind once she determined it was no threat to her.  She was too busy dancing.  Her appropriated sword bit deep into the foolish guards who kept coming at her.  Silly fools, there was no way they could keep up with her, why keep trying?  The fire didn't bother her either; fire had always been her friend.  But it looked like it would be time to leave soon.  Just as well; the liquor here was lousy.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 10:13:08 AM »
As Andi made her way towards the door a man brushed past her and was out before her. "How rude..." she mumbled before following him out the door she heard the words of the guard.
"Move and die." Andi froze, he wasn't talking to her and he couldn't see her but she froze like she always did when the guards told her too. She evaluated the situation. They were planning this, they have the place surrounded. The guards must be trying to capture or kill somebody in here. Andimia looked at the remaining in the room, there was also the snake lady, the dark rude man... It cannot be me. there is no reason unless... The half-elf shook her head. Too much thinking is always a bad thing. Then she heard the release of a bow string outside. She moved around the door to see three guards finish their lifeless decent to the dirt. The dark man shot again, cursed and ran. Andimia ran out the door and looked up the alley. She heard something behind her and spun around. Upon the rooftops, alit by the moonlight were guards, too many of them, ready to fire. She cursed and ducked behind a broken crate around the corner in the alley. The wood roared with the pound of arrows. The rotten crate gave way to one and the arrow caught her in the shoulder, right below her collar bone. She cursed, biting her lip to keep from screaming. She pulled a dagger and leaned her back against the building. Closing her eyes she listened. The guards had nocked arrows again and were shifting heavily as they waited for another target, the dark man was up on the roof, The snake girl was on the tavern roof. She could hear people walking about in the tavern. Andi opened her eyes, her breathing had slowed, the pain still shot through her body. She needed better cover...