llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: submission for the Art quest  (Read 78 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards Article Guild Elite Article Guild Hall of Heroes 5 Questor Item Guild Golden Creator
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
submission for the Art quest
« on: February 16, 2015, 10:51:38 PM »
Ergh... so I'm trying to make a sorta last minute sub (all right, it's not that last minute but I'm one of these people who can't rush ideas out) for the Art Quest but ideas are really stagnating.

My original idea is basically the following:
  • Stone elemental made from infernal rock
    Party observed this infernal stone elemental from a small out of the way chapel, one of the party members is a dwarf and deciphered about the nature of the stone elemental.
And I was thinking of using Axle's Parna setting but so far above's about the extent to which I was able to advance to.

Then I had an alternative idea of doing 10/30 Stone Elementals and doing a blockquote describing a sighting of an infernal stone elemental from a small chapel. But that seems only peripheral related to the picture itself and a bit of a stretch in terms of relevance. Just want to ask Strolenati's opinions on this and other random thoughts that they have about my infernal stone elemental idea while I myself also sleep on it? I might also be up to doing collab on this if anyone's interested.

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awards Plot Guild Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year
    • Awards
Re: submission for the Art quest
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:58:29 PM »
Many be our flaw, or the difficulty we have been having in writing for this item is that we are taking the view of the people in the church or the people watching the monster. 

What if you wrote it from the Monster's point of view?

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards Article Guild Elite Article Guild Hall of Heroes 5 Questor Item Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:54:21 AM »
A refreshing perspective to write indeed, Axle, I will see whether that jolts my writing engine enough. In my desperation I have even resorted to my wordlists which I used to use as prompt to get my daily random idea and I rolled up Wei qi (which is Chinese chess sorta except that there are no different classes of chess pieces). Not sure how and whether I will/can incorporate into the sub but at least it's additional input.

Human (Level 2)

Offline MysticMoon

• Progresstinator in training
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Mi serĉas vortojn
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator 2011 Society of the Year
    • Campfire Stories
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:33:39 AM »
I've had a tiny spark of an idea smoldering in the back of my mind of an innocent cursed to become the demon. To restore him/herself, this demon must retrieve a piece of soul which was stolen and stored away in the church by the hateful priest. However, being a demon, this innocent is unable to enter. So, even though he/she towers over that tiny edifice, he/she is prevented from acquiring his/her rightful property and returning to normal.

That's all I got so far, but maybe it helps with the idea of turning the picture on its head.
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • Lord
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 06:25:18 PM »
Interesting idea, MM, you should definitely write it up. Sounds like a great plot where the PCs for hire could have chance to be deceived by looks and make the wrong choices etc. Any particular area where you are stuck? Might as well put it here so that you can get some feedback that might push it through to a sub.

Human (Level 2)

Offline MysticMoon

• Progresstinator in training
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Mi serĉas vortojn
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator 2011 Society of the Year
    • Campfire Stories
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 07:35:45 PM »
If you're up for a collab, Moonlake, I would love a chance to work with you again.
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • Lord
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 11:17:30 PM »
Okay then, another Moon collab it is, else I'm afraid I will never be able to turn that infernal stone elemental thing into a proper sub. I can't believe that my so called sub skeleton that I was trying to create yesterday ended up ending 2 dot points and a sort of fuzzy thing that it would borrow Axle's Parna setting. It doesn't even help that I drew up Weiqi as an additional input in my desperation. If anything, it sort of makes the deadlock worse, I just have no idea how such a Chinese thing would rock up in a sub about stone elementals.

Human (Level 2)