llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Help Requested for Cosmic Era Introduction  (Read 61 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • Get off my lawn!!!
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Help Requested for Cosmic Era Introduction
« on: July 03, 2015, 04:36:13 PM »
Fantomx1 asked a good question in another thread.

What is the Cosmic Era.

I want to make an introduction submission, something to hold the whole thing together and work as a jumping off point for others to enter and explore the setting.

Why do I need help with this? Because I know all of the things about the setting, so I don't have those big questions. I would like someone to help me out, give some guidance and feedback on what needs to be in the introduction and what doesn't.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Help Requested for Cosmic Era Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:08:16 PM »
Ok, I have 2 questions. Hopefully it's not something i missed somewhere along the line.

1. How far in the future does the Cosmic Era "begin"

2. Does the current age factor in verbatim or is the "past" of the Cosmic Era pseudo-real?

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Online Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Article Guild Elite Article Guild Item Guild Golden Creator
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 12:10:11 AM »
I've been around for a while and you probably know that I'm more of a utility-minded person when it comes to Codex intros so if it was me, I would go with the following format:
  • few lines summary of what the Cosmic setting is about, inspirations etc.
  • submissions grouped under headings in format similar to Regions and you might like to include short summaries of each heading or sub-heading as you see fit

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • Get off my lawn!!!
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
Ok, I have 2 questions. Hopefully it's not something i missed somewhere along the line.

1. How far in the future does the Cosmic Era "begin"

2. Does the current age factor in verbatim or is the "past" of the Cosmic Era pseudo-real?

1. The Cosmic Era starts in about 300 years, and the current timeframe of the Cosmic Era is about another century after that, the exact date hasn't bet set.

2. We are currently near the middle of the Petroleum Era, and the future projection of the Petroleum Era is heavy on resource exploitation and the pursuit of cheap fuel without serious investment in alternative power sources. The gas runs out, wars break out over what is left, accelerating the demise of the Petroleum Era, aka the Resource Wars. Our modern way of life has another generation or two before the end of the Petroleum Era and in the course of a generation, the First World collapses, with only a handful of first generation arcologies holding the remnant of said modern world.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • Get off my lawn!!!
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 09:17:32 PM »
I've been around for a while and you probably know that I'm more of a utility-minded person when it comes to Codex intros so if it was me, I would go with the following format:
  • few lines summary of what the Cosmic setting is about, inspirations etc.
  • submissions grouped under headings in format similar to Regions and you might like to include short summaries of each heading or sub-heading as you see fit

Utilitarian is what I need.