llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help needed to turn a *bag of hit points* into something better  (Read 4233 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
I have a seedling...a girl who committed suicide so that she could be with her lover in the afterlife, after her lover was hanged for various crimes. Instead, her spirit was trapped next to the gibbet, unable to leave it. What's more, her spirit is decomposing as her own body rots; destined over time   to vanish into nothingness. She's desperate either to pass on to the afterlife or possess someone before dying a second, final death , and her desperation has given her power to manifest in darkness, and even some limited power to manipulate solid objects. As it is though, all she is seems to be a bag of hit points. Any ideas to make her better then that so I can make her into a proper submission?

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Help needed to turn a *bag of hit points* into something better
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:12:04 PM »
May I recommend Wristcutters: A love story, for inspiration.

Scrasamax wrote up a review recently in What Movies/DVDs are you Watching thread.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline young0ne2

• Apprentice
  • Aware And Outraged
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:14:33 PM »
Could you go a bit more into what you mean by " A Bag of Hit Points "?

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »
I think he means that she doesn't pose any real danger and is simply a punching bag...maybe.

She gets stronger as she is nearing her final disappearance. Every hit she receives she gets stronger and is able to manipulate more things. Once she is to the point where she is about to be banished, she is almost fully physical and strong allowing her to manhandle PCs and physically put them in a position where she can possess them.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.