llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Slumber  (Read 37805 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2006, 01:08:11 AM »
Moraten said nothing, merely poked at the skeletal remains a moment more to make sure they were well and truly destroyed.  Then he sat down in a corner, his back to it and facing towards the shattered door.  He leaned his staff up against the wall, holding onto it loosely.  However, he didn't close his eyes, but let them linger on the fool of an archer.  All he knew was that there was more to the man.  Saja would have been able to tell him more; assassins were notoriously hard to decieve.  Princess Althista would have been able to tell him more than that.  But neither was there, and it was unlikely that he would find them in short order.  "I shall watch," he said quietly.  It wasn't as if he had anything better to do; sleep was forever out of the question.  His master called it a blessing, but Saja knew better and called it a curse.  Either way, useful for the moment.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Arminas

• My coat is sorta a brownish color...
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2006, 05:59:56 AM »
Acer looked around the underground warrens himself for a time, before walking back into the main area just as Rose lay down for the night. He sheathed Xiphi, while she muttered a little about the foolishness of humans sleeping, but Acer silenced her with a mild reproach. They weren't perfect, after all...

"I do not really need to sleep, so I will just keep watch, then..."

He watched the newcomer primarily, though not overtly. What he felt when he touched the man was not what he felt when he touched a human... still... he wasnt going to tell the rest of them. What reason was there? If the man was not truly living, who gave a d**n? He wasn't alive, nor was his sister, in the human sense. If the other man wasn't, why should anyone care? With that thought, he leaned against the wall, just keeping an eye on the broken doorway, in case anything was to come in. Xiphi growled slightly.

If we have to keep fighting because of any of these people...

Relax, sister... it is not as if we have anyplace to be. And besides, what else are swords made for...?

You mean we should serve our purpose, be as weapons to these people?

No! You know that is not what I meant.

Apologies... the whole thing just has me worried.

I know. Me too.
"Now I did a job, and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job, and then I get paid."

"... but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2006, 04:36:47 PM »
An inner rage blew up within Mord at the thought of this female assassin's arrogance.  Any real leader would have known to move a group from a hostile enviorment such as this.  But this creature chose to lie down and sleep...trusting her newly found companions to watch over her like she were some sort of princess.  It was almost more than he could stand.  A simple minor spell would freeze her in place while he slowly removed her insides....no...the others wouldn't sit still and watch that...fool...control your emotions! It was almost maddening to see a group of talented and seasoned fighters sit in a hunting spot for the undead.  Perhaps the disguise he took was too weak.  Perhaps he should of taken the guise of a city guard...a captain of the guard and used these fools to his advantage.  Fool was perhaps a bit too harsh.  Most of them seemed quite intelligent and more than capable.  Yet they all kept their tongues and allowed the most horrid tactical decisions be made by a fool.  Within Mord was a raging storm, but on the outside he look miserable and defeated.  To make things worse, most of them were looking at him like he was more than he appeared.  He gave them no reason too acting as he did.  He should appear an ordinary man with no skill in fighting monsters.  If that was out of the ordinary...well, he was at a loss on how to perfect his disguise any further.  Perhaps some could read minds....he would of felt a probing spell...but not a subtle mental intrusion.  He could not shake the feeling that some of them were reading him as if he were some character in a book...or a short story...and they had insights he didn't.  Perhaps he was just being paranoid.  In any event, it looked as if the night was going to be wasted sitting around while the princess slept.  He would keep the terrified look on his face to douse any suspicions on why he didn't sleep.  Things weren't going as he would have liked....but this was the best option he had to go with....for now.          
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:39:44 PM by The_Warlock »
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

"Beware the faceless...for he only deals in souls and riches."

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2006, 07:24:48 PM »
Amithranial watched as the one girl layed down, how anybody could sleep in such an unsafe place was beyond her. Too bad there arn't any rafters to sleep in. Amith mused, remembering her sister's favorite spot in the house. How nobody could get to her up there, but then... her sister couldn't get to her in time either.
"Why in Elhonna's great forest would we stay here!" The half-elf resisted her urge to flail her arms about and pull the blanket off of the sleeping girl. "There are undead all over this place, and now we have no door." Amith gestured at the the unblocked entryway. "Unless you want to rebuild us one with these splinters I suggest we find a better spot to rest." She shook her head at the sad lot of them. How the hell do they survive? This is the most energetic she's been in awhile but the thought of staying in a spot where they were attacked twice just didn't sit right with her.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

• Snake
  • Adept
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2006, 08:35:23 PM »
She stayed on the ground but only opened one eye” if you wish to leave then do so…but you don’t know how they work I do…an I’m staying right here” with that she closed her eye’s again. Softly humming to herself. Her song seamed softly as she started singing the words out.  “ Smooth is my skin touch me and I’ll roll with in. My lips speck of my worth. Let me move in closer. Let me move in closer.”  Her own light powers waved into her voce as she just hummed light the same tempo. Her voce was light but deep and rich.  Her spell was simple and she knew it could not be detected in her song. She called onto the snake to help watch over the place. She would know if anything happened and so she hummed a little more adding to where she could look into the yellow eyes of the snake and see all that they could see and feel.  Softly her voce faded away as she rolled over to her side as if in a deep sleep. Her jet-black hair falling onto her cheek as she balled up. She could only help them who wished to be helped.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 08:07:03 PM by TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra »
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2006, 10:58:56 PM »
Amith checked her bandage and picked up the chair legs from where she had discarded them before and put them in her pack. With bow in hand she turned to the others. "I have managed this long alone..." She looked at them all before heading out the doorless opening into the night. She walked silently but swiftly, her ears listening to the slightest sounds. She sprinted accross the street and up a few houses before she climbed up a drainpipe to the roof of a building. She could see if anything was comming their way but be out of that place. She wasn't used to being inside, and the undead made her skin crawl. She didn't need sleep, not much if any. She closed her eyes, begining her meditative rest, she listened to the sounds of the night. Her brow furrowed, it was too quiet here. A thought that had been continuously running through her mind since she arrived here and it pushed forth again. Why have so many died here?

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2006, 01:47:10 AM »
Moraten merely raised an eyebrow as the girl left.  To no one in particular he said, "There is safety in numbers, and safety in stout walls at one's back.  True, there are creatures here that could do us harm.  But there are creatures out in the city that might be worse, and them I do not know how to fight very well.  There is something in this city that I do not comprehend.  Here, I know the layout in case of attack, and everything that has attacked so far has been dealt with in short order.  And even with the door gone, we are not completely defenseless, here.  In the city, there is no knowing what might attack us at any given moment, or from what direction.  And I have been here just long enough to know that whatever might walk this city in the light, there are things much worse that go about in the darkness."  Then he lapsed into silence.  It had been an uncommonly long speech, but he felt it needed to be said.  Now, he would watch, as he had said.  But he wasn't only watching for danger.  He would also be watching his new found companions.  Normally, when he stopped for rest, he slipped into a semi-alert meditative trance.  But he could not afford to this night, nor would it be the first time he had done without it.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Arminas

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2006, 04:19:32 PM »
"Given the choice between whatever has been tearing people up out there, and the weak skeletons in here, logically, it makes more sense to stick with the finite danger in the place where there are only two ways in, rather than facing other, less known dangers from possibly every direction. So, door or not, Xiphi and I are staying here."

He nodded as if this satisfied him, and it did, so he leaned back against the wall and watched the sliver of the outside he could see through the broken door from where he was. So there was something out there, and it was killing everything. He was curious... until xiphi cut in.

Do not even think about it.

I am not going to go looking for any more trouble, sister...

You want to.

...So I am curious about these things. We have never seen one....

All the more reason not to.

Acer had no real reply to that, so he sighed slightly, a sound, though no air came from his mouth, it was just something he had picked up from the humans. Oh what to do now... they would stay here for the night, and then what? What were these people after...?
"Now I did a job, and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job, and then I get paid."

"... but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2006, 05:29:15 PM »
Mordrixxl, being a lich, new the charm for what it was as the female assassin's melodic voice drifted in the confines of the safehouse.  Certain artifacts within his numerous pouches notified him of a magical shift as she sang.  He had thought to cast charms of protection about himself beforehand, but didn't want to chance that a group member could detect magic.  So he had to rely on the artifacts detecting a disturbance in the magical threads riding the winds.  In this case, luck would have it that they did.  This caused Mord to pause in thought and ponder things in a new light.  So, besides being half crazed and foolish, the assassin had some mystery about her.  Interesting.  Mord's thoughts were interupted by another female in the group announcing her unease at staying in the company of the undead......she desired to leave and actually did so.  This was followed by the suspicious male's (who could control shadows) speech of strength in numbers.  This group was getting more interesting by the minute.  Even the strange golem with the sentinent blade that had touched him piqued his curiosity.  Again, his thoughts drifted back to the man with the ability over shadows.  He would make an excellent proteje for the lich.  How to find out if he would have any interest in the arts of necromancy would lead to some hard lines of questioning....questioning that would need a certain amount of finness applied.  And, perhaps some leverage.  Perhaps a bit too complex to entertain with the current situation.  But....should they find the man's lost companions...perhaps he could use them too his advantage.  Yes...leverage was the key!  Mord thought on all of this and his initial concerns about Sindrachh as he regrettfully waited for dawn's first rays.     
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »
(OOC: Out of town until Tuesday night.  Moraten doesn't talk much, so he shall be very quiet.  He doesn't sleep either, so he's going to be watching everyone until dawn.  He'll tag along to where ever everyone decides to go.)

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
She thought she had heard the breathing when she first ran out into the night, but thought it an echo from the people in the jailhouse. Now she could hear it distinctly, accompanied by soft footsteps.
Amithranial walked into the jailhouse through the opening and held her hands up.
"It's only me. don't shoot," she smiled, for probably the first time since she had encountered them. She turned towards the door a bit alarmed, the sound of quick feet were comming closer and closer. Amithranial dove through the door on top of Amithranial, tackling herself to the ground. They rolled about upon the floor, attempting to strike each other with fists, confusing the others as to which was the first to enter. One Amithranial kicked the other in the stomach and got to her feet pulling a dagger. The other stood up and did the same. They stood in a stalemate, ready to strike at each other, studying each other's faces. The room was earily still... The real Amithranial knew who she was, as did the imposter, but how to make them believe.
There had been somebody outside this whole time. Amith thought. I should have trusted my ears, rather then placing it upon strange echos.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2006, 11:48:52 AM »
As the two squared off against eachother, Mordrixxl was shocked to see that they were twins.  Quickly he looked around the room to gauge the other's responses.  Not really knowing the female, it was hard to even think about trying to discern who was the imposter.  He felt no abnormal pulls on the winds of magic so that wasn't going to be a help this time.  Trouble had found the imobile party once again it would seem.  He silently contemplated placing a dagger in the female assassin's back for the tenth time this hour!!  But, his thoughts quickly shifted to the two females circling eachother, brandishing daggers. 
Had he avoided human contact for so long that to see them engaged in conflicts of this nature delighted him so?  He pondered this awkward question, that originated in the small part of him that was still human, as he watched for who would draw first blood.       

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2006, 02:44:40 AM »
She opened her eyes softly as soon as she herd the words don’t shoot. How many times have she hard that same fraise of words in her life she had not a clue. One time to many. Opening her ocean blue eyes to the jail cell she looked onto the twins in the room. But they where not twins. One of them was sent to kill them off slowly and painfully. This was one of the many characters that she waited for. Thankful that she kipped an eye of that women on top of the roof top she knew that the one who enter was an imposter. Just when she was about to tell the others that the real Amithranial was sitting on top of a roof top the blasted women entered into the jail by talking the imposter. Now she had not a clue as to who was the imposter and who was the real Amithranial. On the rolled upon the ground kicking up the dirt off of the floor. Still she looked on to the pare studding them as they where studding each other. Picking herself off of the ground as she lightly fiddled with her dagger upon her finger tips. Trying to think of the best way for them to find out who was who. Looking onto the others to see if they themselves knew just who the real Amithranial was.
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Arminas

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2006, 02:55:27 PM »
Armis blinked a little bit, and watched the two rather impassively. Another random mortal struggle... still, perhaps something should be done? After all, one of them had tried to help them, the other seemed to have exactly the opposite motive. Though he was not necessarily the best at discerning the motives of flesh and blood types... when they finally backed away slightly, and squared off, Armis drew his sister out again, and walked between them. His blue eyes glowed slightly in the darkness, and he looked first at one, then at the other.

"It will be extremely difficult for either of you to kill me with a dagger like that... and as it would be less difficult for Xiphi and I to hurt you, perhaps this would be a good time for you to explain yourselves. You are not twins. One is an impostor. So the one who is real must prove herself."

It was, after all, the only legitimate solution. The only way even to hurt him was to get at his core, centered where a human heart would be, and even then, unless someone could wrest Xiphi from his grip, there was no real way to kill him. And Xiphi would not allow herself to be used in such a fashion...

"Well...? Who is real...?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2006, 04:26:05 PM »
Moraten raised an eyebrow and watched the two identical figures, trying to decide what to do.  He decided, for the moment, to do nothing.  If the situation got out of hand, he'd intervene, but there was no reason to waste the energy at the moment.  He didn't know the girl well enough to know which one was the real one.  "I would appreciate it if you would both discard your weapons.  I do not believe any of us would have much difficulty taking them away from you, should it become necessary, but I would rather it does not become necessary."

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2006, 10:19:39 AM »
((OOC:  Does anyone mind if I start driving the story due to Rose's absence over the next two weeks?  If its approved, I will start adding to the plot/scenery and introduce some new elements that will make the title of the thread make more sense.  Let me know.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 10:21:33 AM by The_Warlock »

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2006, 03:49:58 PM »
(OOC: I have no problem, but be prepared to give it back to Rose when she gets back)

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2006, 12:17:46 AM »
The imposter and Amith didn't remove their stare from each other, even when Armis stepped between them. Amithranial tried to think of a way to prove herself and then the obvious made itself apparant.
"I have a bite wound on my arm, she dosen't." Amithranial on the left announced as she pointed to her arm, her dressing bloody and then pointed out the fresh clean dressin on the other's arm. The other hesitated, then turned and bolted out the door...

As the doppleganger ran up the street it changed back to it's gangly grey form. It had encountered Amith while she was firing into the fog and had quickly tried to copy her bandage upon seeing it between the boards from where it watched outside. Too hasty. It thought to itself. I moved in too fast, but I did get some good information, and have come into contact with them all, now, I have to just be patient. The creature skidded around a corner and stole away into the night.

Amith ran out the door after it, but the creature was too quick and blended well with the dark bleak city. She used her ears to try and follow it but the street grew silent quickly. The only sound remaining was of her trying to catch her breath. She hadn't realized she was holding it while she looked at herself. A strange perspective she never thought she'd witness. "Do I always look that pissed off?" She asked herself aloud. She walked back into the building by the others.
"Not only can they get in easily but they can get out too easily." She grumbled. "Somebody help me prop this table up for a door substitute." She moved to a table and tipped it so everything fell off onto the floor.

((ooc: anybody can control the doppleganger))

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2006, 01:14:06 AM »
Moraten got up and helped her move the table into place easily.  Clearly, he was much stronger than he looked.  "Maybe next time, you would oblige us by not running off into the dark where god knows what could eat you, and then use your shape to come back and eat us?"  He glanced at the table to make sure it would stay put, then returned to his corner.  Well, now that he knew there were dopplgangers in the city, he could take precautions.  Shadows were interesting things.  And every shadow had unique aspects.  It was very peculiar.  But even two objects of the same shape didn't cast the same shadow.  And now that he knew to do it, he could study the shadows of these people he had associated himself with, so he would remember their characteristics should this happen again.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2006, 01:39:48 AM »
Amith turned to Moraten "I am sorry, sir, if I do not feel comfortable sitting here idly waiting for whatever killed all of thoes people out there, to kill us all in here. We don't know what actually killed them all and whatever it is, I doubt these walls will protect us much." Amithranial huffed and walked over to a corner where she could keep her eyes on the door. Sitting with her back against the junction of the walls she furrowed her brow and tried to go into her meditative rest.

Offline Arminas

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »
Armis looked back at the bite wound and nodded, then turned to slash at the other with Xiphi, but it had gone already. He was quite irritated by that, but it didn't register on his face, so instead he sheathed her and went back to his place.

"I don't suppose you found anything out while you were out there? Like if there happens to be any other survivors?"

It wasn't necessarily a concern of his, but a curiousity. He wondered why all these people had died... well he knew the how. But this city had been built, so obviously the monsters were a new thing, or relatively so to the people here. So what was it that caused the creatures to come and start destroying everything the way they now were? Made little sense to him that they might just show up for no reason, there had to be something there that no one else knew.

Also, he wihed he knew what was up with the shapeshifter... that was a little strange. It would be simple enough to tell who was who in normal times, but in battle? That might prove a difficulty...

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2006, 11:14:24 AM »
As the group pondered the newest horror an earthquake shook the city with tremendous power.  The wooden table they had propped against the doorway fell as did other furnishings within the safehouse.  The ceiling on the roof cracked and half of it fell into the middle of the room barely missing some of the party members.  As the tremors subsided a strange wailing echoed throughout the dead city.  As the group looks at the windows they can see dust covering the city from the quake they just endured.  Mordrixxl, still seated in the shadows was now able to confirm his worst feelings on the demise of this city.  Not known to many was a simple fact lost through the years about this city.  In ancient spell books the lich had collected over the past couple hundred of years, the city they were now in.....or someplace close by was referenced as a prison for one of the most powerful and evil mages to have ever walked among the living.  According to the ancient text, he and several of his horrible creations were burried and sealed in this land by unamed heroes aided by the mage council of that time.  Possibly under this very city if the old text could be trusted.  The book referenced many things about how the seals could possibly be breached...but nothing clear and consistant could be translated. 
Of course the books had been stolen from his lair by the rival lich Sindrachh during the time Mord had spent as prisoner in the Imperial Mage Guild's dungeons.  He had spent the better part of the last 20 years as a prisoner in that cursed place.  Mord had only just escaped not three moons ago....the joy he felt in killing some of his tormentors during that escape was still fresh in his mind.  His only thoughts had been on revenge over the Lich that had stolen from him...and then reported his location to the mages and the so called righteous Paladin Crusaders. 
Mord brought his thoughts back to the present as a large piece of stone broke and fell silently towards the unsuspecting Mortegan's head.  Without thinking about what he was doing, Mord stood and casted a spell to stop the large debree's decent.  As he held the massive stone aloft, his disguise melted away and revealed his true form.  With grunt he flung the heavy debree to a unpopulated section of the room where it landed with a large explosion of dust and noise. As the noise and dust settled, Mord faced the party with no disguise.  "I have much to explain....and little time for dealing with whatever your horror at my true form is willing your body to do!  If you attack me, then all knowlege I possess on what you are truly facing in this city will be forfeit...much to your ultimate demise.  Of that...you can be certain!  And....she....(he looks into Mort's eyes)....will certainly be sacrificied by those I seek to destroy, should you choose not to except me and the knowledge I offer!" As the lich finishes, the city is assaulted by another quake....one much more powerful than the first.  As the tremors once again subside, Mord looks warily at the group waiting for the first to attack.  It wasn't what he wanted....he still needed them to stop Sindrachh...and he hadn't a clue as to how he would do this should his rival prove successful in releasing any of the seven abominations.  Mord once again pushed these thoughts from his mind and readied a spell for the first to attack him...should one try.           

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2006, 02:10:06 AM »
Moraten hadn't been paying much attention when the stone let go; he'd been mostly concentrating on using the shadows to shield the others.  He couldn't help it; second nature to a bodyguard.  Then the stranger had done... something.  Moraten wasn't exactly sure what he was; undead of some sort, at a guess.  He didn't really care.  It mattered not to him.  He merely raised an eyebrow and went on with what he was doing.  At least, until he made that comment about "she" would be sacrificed by some unnamed enemy.  Suddenly, he straightened to his full height and stared directly at the corpse.  The shadows started twisting around Moraten, and suddenly, they lunged forward, almost surrounding the lich.  It was a reflex action, and Moraten pulled them back to himself.  No need to be hasty, after all...  He advanced towards the lich.  Every step he took, he seemed to step further back into the shaodws.  Soon, all that could be clearly seen were his eyes, glowing brilliantly white.  "You have my attention," he growled softly.  "Where is Saja?

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2006, 08:02:56 PM »
As she stayed where she stood many of things happened all at one time. The women who was the imposter ran away and the real one was standing before the. Her suspicions about the new man where proven right. He was not what he seamed at all she now she could just play in the back ground. Let him do what he did just as long as he didn’t try anything on her. On she lessoned as she herself walked into the shadows. The earthquake not bothering her footing wish she thanked her boots made by her sister Maria. Which she was thankful for. Brushing stands of hair away from her face she wonders just what did he want. No man didn’t ask for nothing not even a women asks for nothing. Every one always wants something it only takes time in knowing what they want and why. Now they might tell you things they would like and why they would like them. But they every really tell you all the reasons. There had always been legions on the undead but they where wrong. Just as she started to wonder just what was he? Then again why did it matter? She was here for only one job and one job only. Why add more to her work? She smiled to herself as she already knew her answer. It was just who she was. The shadows flickering in the moonlight as it seamed the day was wanting to start again. So soon was it day time?  She said nothing and did nothing for there was nothing to do and nothing to be said. The only thing that was needed was for her to listen. An so she was…

(( Ooc: Warlock if you wish to run slumber that’s fine by me you can keep doing so.))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 08:08:47 PM by TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra »

Offline Arminas

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2006, 12:01:39 AM »
He was leaning back against the wall when rose moved into the same patch of shadow, and bumped against his ice cold skin. He  moved a little, just slightly, so there was room for both of them, and watched from that place, snowy locks hiding his glowing blue eyes partially as he watched what happened. So the man really was dead, after all... he had been the one who sent the skeletons...

"Would have been rather simpler if you showed yourself in the first place rather than the whole issue with the skeletons. Rather easier as well."

He didn't really care that the man was a lich. After all, he was a golem. Liches were supposed to be evil and golems were supposed to be mindless. Perhaps there were exceptions. Although perhaps not for this lich. Not that he really cared, if the bastard wanted to order people around or whatever, more power to him. Xiphi agreed, amid a little muttering, from inside her sheath. This was really starting to be an annoyance... they had thought they would just pass through this town... obviously, not anymore.

"Sleep well enough, Rose?"