llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Slumber  (Read 30587 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2006, 05:36:38 PM »
With a nod of thanks, Mordrixxl stumbled in barely keeping his balance.  "Thank you....(he looked around)....thank you all for your kindness.  They took her....(he sobs and begins to shake slightly holding on to the wall for balance)...they took my poor Dalia......and...ripped...her to pieces while I was held off by others..(he looks up to the ceiling as if recalling the images)...your fight drew their attention away from me...but....I couldn't stop the bleeding...she died with blood in her beautiful mouth...a mouth accustomed to smiling...unable to even scream....they...."  he seemed to realize what he was saying and stopped.  Shaking his head in a thanking motion he smiled awkwardly and said, "Thank you..my name is Mord.  I worked here in town for the hunter's guild.  We brought in most of the exotic meats from the wild for the townsfolk to enjoy.  My mates....they are all dead now.  We returned from our last hunt and found the city dead.....we split up in search of our own families...I haven't seen anyone since....."  he looked around as if seeing them all for the first time.  "Do you all hail from this city as well...none of you look familiar?"  after the last is stated he pulls his bow (non-threateningly) from it's tube casing strapped on his back and begins to string it.  Two daggers are sheathed, one on each leg hanging from his leather belt.  "Has anyone seen anything besides the shreikers moving around the city.  Has anyone here been to the palace complex to see if the local lord is yet alive?"  his questions keep coming in a nervous turrent as he is still visibly shaken.  His hands continue to try and string his bow though it appears to be an imposible task at the moment due to his shaking hands.       
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

"Beware the faceless...for he only deals in souls and riches."

Offline Arminas

• My coat is sorta a brownish color...
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2006, 08:01:38 PM »
Acer watched as the woman got back up, and tilted his head slightly.
"You are alright, Snake?"
She still seemed hurt... well, he could only do so much. He could heal, but he couldnt do it all at once, was only so much... He simply sat there, like a sculpture almost. His chest did not rise of fall with breath, nor did veins pulse beneath his skin - he had neither, of course, being essentially liquid metal, but animated. His skin, however, oddly enough, was not cold, nor was it hard, unless he needed it to be, of course... was odd though, he wasnt a normal golem in any sense of the word, the others likely did not even know that he was a golem. When the newcomer entered, however... he stood, and walked over to him.
"Do you need that healed?"
When he brushed the man's shoulder, however, he did not feel the things he normally felt when he touched a human. Normally he felt an interaction of energy, he was, after all, created by a human, for living beings to weild, originally. This man... felt cold. he took his hand away, and shook his head.
"No, you are not hurt badly enough, and I fear I may be draned..."
He nodded to the man, and sat back down without another word.
"Now I did a job, and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job, and then I get paid."

"... but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2006, 11:39:41 PM »
Moraten watched the newcomer through narrowed eyes.  "I have been in this accursed city for five days and the only survivors I have seen are in this room.  More is the pity."  He considered.  "Although that does not mean there are not more.  My companion Saja could have easily hidden herself and our charge for five days in such a way that only I could find them.  Perhaps there are others here with similar talents."  He looked around at the others.  Something told him that the newcomer was not exactly as he appeared to be, and heaven only knew what Acer truly was.  The princess or one of his slain friends could have told for sure, but that was not Moraten's talent.  "After all, many things in this world are not as they appear to be."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2006, 01:01:17 AM »
Amithranial looked up when she heard somebody approach the door. She didn't move to open it but the other injured woman did. A simple looking man, a bit strange in nature walked in. Amith paid little attention and looked back at her arm. The bleeding had slowed a bit but not stopped. She drummed her fingers on her leg for a bit anxious to get out of the building. She always hated being inside.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2006, 10:40:51 AM »
Mord flinched slightly at the touch from the golem.  Skilled in summoning the undead and bringing animation to materials, he new instantly that the being touching him was a golem.  Even at first contact, Mord could tell this creatures creation was done with complexity and powerfully weaved magicks.  Could this be the work of Sindrachh?  Why construct a golem when he could have summoned any number of undead slaves?  He bit back his mental thought and d**ned his suspicions.  He was beginning to link everything to his obsessions over the rival lich.  "Thank you kind....sir....but my wounds are minor...the ones that truly pain me will never be healed I'm afraid.  But thank you nonetheless for your kindness."  he looks quickly to the suspicous eyes of Moraten and gave another weak smile.  This one had a deep knowledge and wisdom when it came to judging people.  He would have to be careful around this one.  "I have nothing left that brings me joy...(he brings his eyes around the room weakly)....I would very much like to assist in searching for survivors....and clensing my home of whatever caused this atrosity....would you permitt me to join in your efforts?"   he silently waits for the leader of this group to address his request.     
"How is it that you claim me to be an assassin..(paused in thought)....have I killed you before?"\

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2006, 10:37:33 PM »
Moraten shrugged.  "I have no objections, but I do not lead this group."  He was silent for a moment.  "I feel compelled to say that I intend to leave this accursed place as soon as I find my companion and my lady, or ascertain their fates.  I do not imagine it would be healthy for any of us to stay in this city longer than absolutely necessary."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2006, 02:18:03 PM »
Mord took the comment from Moraten and nodded his thanks.  Looking around the home they were taking refuge in, Mord started to feel a little distraught at the groups inactivity and the feeling that the place was more of a deathtrap then a safehouse.  "Being a hunter by trade, I have happened on caverns and other dark places where flocks of shriekers had taken residence.  Do any of you think it strange that they are in such concentrated numbers in a city....and so soon after the......massacre?  I could see them living in a ruin that has been dead for decades...but this seems a bit off."  as he finishes speaking you will notice he has calmed down enough to string his bow.  "Sorry if I am speaking too much...(Mord shakes his head and looks down)....I am shaken to say the least and I am beginning to feel paranoid.  As hunters we always had a strategy when going after dangerous prey.  Especially when we were unsure of what type of creature was causing mayhem in the wild remote settlements around the city.  Of course I was never a leader in such parties...but some of you here might be great leaders in your own areas of expertise.  Surely someone must have a plan we can begin working off?   (he looks around the group)  I think it best to always be on the move....keep whatever might be stalking us...in a guessing frame of mind."  he finally falls silent and continues to gauge the group for a sign his words had some type of effect.  He needed answers and he needed them fast.  He had to get these adventurers to start taking chances and get moving in directions he wanted to proceed in.  This situation was to be handled with extreme caution...he musn't give too much away about what he desired.  He had to make them start moving towards goals parrallel to his own.  But how?  He pondered this as he continued to wait on a leader to step forward. 

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2006, 11:27:49 PM »
"I agree that we should keep moving." Amith said without looking up from her spot upon the floor, "But I don't really know what we are hunting or what we are looking for." She turned to Moraten. "It would be difficult but if you give me some details about the height, weight and race of thoes you are looking for I may be able to find their tracks if indeed they came here." Amithranial elevated her arm, elbow pointing up with her forearm resting upon the back of her head and her fingertips touching the right side of her neck in an attempt to slow the bleeding from the bite. She turned back to the new arrival. "You seem to know a bit about shriekers, are their bites poisonous?" A flash of concern went through her eyes and dissappeared. The half-elf scanned the room. "Does anybody have any clue what happened to these people? Maybe a theory or campfire story you've heard that could explain what has happened in this city?"

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

• Snake
  • Adept
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2006, 06:21:13 PM »
 Her jet-black hair caressed her shoulders as the man who healed her called out to her. Still she said not a word and had not moved. A light smile played upon her face as she studied them all. Most of them where annoy and wanted to keep moving. She knew better than to do so. Still she had to feel them out. Who might live and who might die. She trusted none of them. Well maybe none of them. The one who had healed her she had a feeling she could depend on him. The women she had fought beside she could depend on her as well as the man. There was truly only one of them she had not a clue about and that was the new comer. Her ocean blue eyes then counted for each of there weapons.  No there was no way they could go out in the night. If they did that was only begging to be killed. “ We stay here and move in the morning.” Stepping back away from the door only after it was lock firmly. “ Not in less you wish to die. Then by all means go on and walk on out.”  Looking upon them as she rolled her snake like hips to the side. “ This jail is made out of one of a kind metal. In fact it is the strongest metal ever made. Not only that but its underground. There only three things we might have to worry about.” She smiled softly as she looked onto the others. “I have seen how they work in many other towns. I know what’s out there hoping that we will be dim witted to come out.” 

She then looked onto the women as she nodded softly. “ I have a camp fire story…and it’s a d**n long one.”  Pushing herself upon the wall as she closed her eyes. “ I was wondering the woods minding my own. About to head back home…then I heard the screaming. Even from five miles I could already smell the burnt flesh.”  She was running to the fire. Everything seamed to have lost sound and taste. But on she rain. There where things every where. Things she had never heard of nor seen. A beast who could reappear and then attacks when you can not see it. “ It always starts out the same. First there are the people who seam to have sudden sickness. Just a light cough or there overly worn. Nothing that would case worry. Then there’s no rain for weeks. Leaving the land dry and unusual. Then come the shriekers and there the lest of your worries. Even the beast is not of much harm. No we stay here tonight.”  With that she walked off her heels clicking in time. “ I’m going to get the other supplies and seal off the other caverns. Any one of may come with me if you so wish to.”
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Arminas

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2006, 07:56:49 PM »
Acer listened to her story thoughtfully, and looked at the blade in his hand. Strongest metal ever made...? he was tempted to test that theory, but then it wouldnt be the best of ideas to put holes in your sanctuary...

"Well I plan on staying here... I mean to leave in the morning but if there is to be such a commotion perhaps I will leave with you. I might be able to help a little bit at least, Xiphi and I..."

He listened to her for a moment, then he thought. he had just come to this place, looking for somewhere to stay... and here he had found himself in the middle of some horribly awkward situation again, where he might have to fight for his life... not that any of the creatures would really be able to kill him. Sicknesses had no hold on metal.... and certainly Xiphi was immune... he looked around at the odd group, and then he stood, sheathing his sister. She muttered just a little, and he smiled a bit. She never liked the sheath but what could he do? Without it she would just cut things while he tried to walk....

"I'll go with you then... I have little need for rest."

He walked over by her side, pushing his pure white hair back from his face, and looking over at her, her raven locks the perfect contrast to his own. Funny, almost...
"Now I did a job, and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job, and then I get paid."

"... but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2006, 10:09:29 PM »
"The princess is a human girl of about twelve, with dark curly hair and one blue eye and one green eye."  The mark of royalty.  "Saja is much the same height and build as I am.  In fact, we are rather similar in most respects, except that she is as fair as I am dark.  Although, if she wanted to hide, I very much doubt she would leave tracks for you to find."  Moraten swung his staff over his shoulder, glancing at the woman who was going out to secure supplies and make sure the area was sealed.  "I will accompany you.  I have... skills that might prove useful."

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »
Instantly Mord was irritated by the females over confidence in the sanctuaries ability to protect them.  Obviously she was wrong....he was inside the sanctuary afterall!  Now they were all trying to fortify caverns that lead to this jail.  The thought of waiting until the morning made him seeth inside.  So many lost hours during the time when his prey would most likely be operating within the city.  He almost used his lifespike spell on the female as she turned her back to lead the party into the lower levels of the complex.  Patience he reminded himself.  He musn't ruin his disguise so early in the hunt.  But, the obvious leader of this group seemed to be moving in the opposite direction he wanted to go in.  He, wanted to leave and continue a search of the city.  She wanted to hold out the night and strike out at dawn.  How to change this?  He smiled inwardly.  Make this place unsafe was the burning thought that blazed into his mind.  "I shall remain up here and keep a watch on the door and start blocking the few windows I find." Mord calmly stated as the group proceeded to leave for the cavern entrances.  Mord picked up some discarded boards lying against a wall and moved off in the shadows of the main floor.  Once the group left and he was concealed away from the remaining party members, Mord reached into one of his hip pouches and wrapped his fingers around a small black bone.  He didn't pull the object out but kept his fingers wrapped firmly around it.  Closing his eyes, the lich soundlessy mouthed the foul incantation that would call forth undead foot soldiers.  He felt them begin to crawl out of the earth in the caverns below.  Through is link, he felt their awareness picking up on the group of living adventurers moving towards their location.  He felt their hatred of the living.  The driving need to extinguish the spark of life they were denied.  Five dark bone skeletons hungrily flexed their hands back and forth as a firery red glow entered their eyeless sockets.  Each had a hand full of knife like finger nails.  Each nail was six inches in length and had some sort of residue dripping from the tips.  Silently the five undead warriors set about hiding in the shadows awaiting their pray.  Meanwhile, Mord smiled to himself and began blocking windows with the boards he had found in the main chamber.  Once finished with the few windows he found, he returned to the main chamber and took up as a sentry in front of the main door to the sanctuary.  He knew the undead warriors were no match for seasoned fighters.  But killing them wasn't the point.  He didn't want the group dead...just frightened about holding up in a place occupied by the undead.  Silently he waited for what would inevitably unfold below.     

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2006, 12:56:40 PM »
She smiled looking at him. “So how did your sister become a sword? Or is that something I should not ask…”  Then as soon as the other man started to walk with them and they where a good ways out of hearing she looked onto them both. “This is not the strongest hold in this town. Not in any means at all I only wished for it to sound like as if it was. We should not walk out of here tonight but I think that it is something that we must do…I do not trust the new man who entered into our group.”  Brushing some strands of her hair from her face so then she could look onto them both. “I wish the other women had walked with us. That would make this so much easier to get out of his grasp and move on.”  Then she could feel that something had changed in there dark hall way. “Make known your feelings fast for I fear we do not have much time.”  Then she resumed her walking down into another cell it seamed. On she walked in till she reached one out of the many bunk bed for the prisoners.  There was nothing wonderful about neither this bunk bed nor anything to pull it apart of the others. Still she knew this one all to well. Knelling onto the dirt as she brushed the ground in search of something. Then she found it. She smiled as a small click sound could be heard. “I was held in this jail cell some time ago. This will be our way out. All you have to do is feel the ground for an indecision. Press on it and it will open..” she had no need to finish her words for just then the back wall of the jail cell had opened to the woods. She smiled brightly as she picked herself back up from the ground. “ I am leaving tonight. As soon as I tell Amithranial.”  Then she taped her foot upon the ground as the door closed again. She could hear something in the halls. Her whip already in hand as well as her dagger. There was something wrong but what it was she had not a clue. All she could do was look on and wait.
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Arminas

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2006, 08:26:56 PM »
"Oh, I do not mind you asking at all, neither does Xiphi."

Do not speak for me when you haven't even asked! Are you actually going to tell her, Acer?

Sure I am.

Why!?

Because I have to trust someone here and she has been kind enough to ask. Quite apart from that, I healed her, to let her go alone would be a waste.

Going with her has nothing to do with you telling her what we are.

I want to trust her if we are to fight together. Agreed, sister?

Bah... you are right... tell her then.

I love you sister.

Love you too, brother... go on then. I know you will not. let her take me. Or anyone.

"The question though, is not how did she become a sword, but how I became shaped this way."

He smiled a little bit as they descended, then thought of an explaination for that, waiting until the others were out of earshot.

"We were created as swords, but as soon as our forging was complete her and I became... well like I am. Not both exactly the same of course. Xiphi was killed though, by our creator, and became a blade again. I am trying to restore her. So now you know our story, what of yours?"

It was somewhat difficult for him to behave like a human, but he was good at it after all this time, and mostly people just thought he was a tad odd until they saw his skin. He was just a bit... formal. He followed her into the room, drawing his sister from her sheath, and the edge of the obsidian blade glowed a dim red. Acer frowned, and turned his back to her, facing out of the room.

"Undead... Xiphi can feel it and so can I..."

As one of the things came around the corner, and it's hollow eyes locked on his, his sister's blade glared a brilliant red, and he lunged forward and slashed. They had battled undead before... these would be no trouble...

OOC: I'm not sure if Warlock wants to control these himself, so I'm not landing that hit yet. Just lemme know.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 09:17:30 PM by Arminas »

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2006, 08:43:47 PM »
"Here, let me help you." Amithranial stood up slowly and helped Mord board up the windows. When they were done Amith froze, she could hear the scraping of stone and something else... she knew that sound.... the hallow rattle. "Something's here." she announced to the newcommer. "It's below us..." She listened longer, she knew but didn't want to say quite yet. There was no reason to scare this man, he seemed to simple to keep his wits about himself in a frey and she despised people who panic in battle. She slowly walked towards the sounds, and deftly drew one of her blades...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 12:22:17 AM »
It was too dark in here.  Oh, Moraten could see well enough, probably better than the others.  But you needed light to cast shadows, and he wanted good sharp shadows right now.  A staff was all well and good, and he could use his to deadly effect, but it wouldn't do much against the undead.  He would have given much to have Saja and her bladed fans right now.  He would have given much to have Saja here period.  Perhaps Acer's sword-sister was shedding enough light..  He smiled.  Just enough.  He seemed to fade backwards into the darkness, or perhaps the darkness was fading over him.  His eyes started glowing, faintly white.  The shadows along the corridor began to twist and move, and some near the approaching monsters started to take on substance.  One lunged out into the path of an oncoming skeleton, snaking around its legs.  Hopefully, he'd be able to hold it still long enough for one of the others to destroy it.

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 01:37:21 AM »
Her whip slashed out into the air grasping a hold of the one the man Moraten was holding on to. Her dagger in hand as she swiftly cut into it. On she moved. One down four more to go. It seamed that they jumped out at the group. Why they where here she had not a clue. The only thing she could thing of was that it was some one from the inside. Leaping into the air as her whip lashed out again. Grasping onto another undead thing. How it hated her. She could feel it from its eyes. The only that that almost made this laughable was that this was just the start of the new night.  If this was what was in store for her than the rest of the night would not be boring. She fought inside of herself about leaving this old jail. She knew everything there was to know about it and them some. Most would get lost in the mazes an they would be pretty safe just to stay there till morning. Walking outside would be asking to be killed but only if the others did not lesson to her. On the other than stay there till morning and then take the risks in the daylight might be a better work out plan.  Who knew just what move she was going to do next. That was only part of the reason why she was call Snake…

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 01:49:07 AM »
Amithranial ran to the others and her eyes confirmed what her ears knew. It dawned on her that the blade in her hand was of little use to these abominations of the land so she sheathed it and grabbed the nearest chair. Holding it by the back she swung it, sending a skeleton flying into the wall with a satisfying crunch before it ended upon the floor in quite a few pieces. She looked to the rest of the group. "Is everybody alright?" She swung at another skeleton, knocking off its arm.

Offline Arminas

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2006, 10:14:42 PM »
Acer knocked the first one back, Xiphi's blade clashed against its arm, cutting it off, but it jumped back against the wall before he could finish it. It leapt back at him, and he raised a forearm, his skin again taking that silver sheen, and actually molding like a liquid, forming a hard plate which the claws of the skeleton simply glanced off, leaving thin glowing trails for a moment. Acer stabbed his sister's tip through the chest of the thing, and the red glow of the blade spread out along the bones, until they crumbled to dust, drained of even that which gave them form, much less life. Seeing the others, he turned to help, but the claws of ne sunk into his back, as the thing cackled in a disgusting manner. Acer didn't flinch, however, he turned, locked his free hand, the now silver-white one, around it's face, and crushed it like it was made of putty. Very brittle putty. The thing stumbled back, and Acer turned to face it, five silver gashes in his back where it had gotten him, and he held that hand out towards it. There was a dim white glow, and then a veritable torrent of pure white light issued forth from his hand. The beam struck the skeleton full on in the chest, and burned straight through it. It fell apart after that, some more parts in the beam before it vanished, and Acer's silver hand melded back into the almost human looking hand he normally adopted. The gashes in his back slowly sealed themselves as well, the wounds nowhere near his core and inconcequential. His glowing azure eyes swept for more enemies, and Xiphi still glowed slightly.

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2006, 12:13:07 PM »
He could hear the battle down below....it was over quickly as he had imagined it would be.  He had only summoned lower level slaves...to summon stronger would have taken the proper rituals and taxed his strength considerably.  Now that he was alone on the upper level he left nothing to chance.  Mord began chanting while grasping his dark relic.  Another two undead rose outside the front door.  Quickly he began a new chant while pointing his left hand at the doorway.  As he finished a loud explosion rocked the doorway and caused it to splinter inwards.  Satisfied he looked at the two confused undead as one began to grudgingly kneel.  Irritation marked Mord's face as he mentally willed the pathetic slave to stand.  Attack me fools!!   he mentally added to the confused undead.  Mord screamed to add to the sound of the destruction of the doorway.  Slowly he backed away down the hall the others had taken calling for aid.  He fired a couple of arrows for effect as the undead skeletons warriors slowly advanced.  Mord took a note that they seemed overjoyed to attack and destroy him.  Summoned fiends loved to take the souls of the living...this burned deep within them suffocating all other desires.  All desires....except...taking the soul and flesh of the one who summoned them.  If the others didn't come to his aid quickly this little chance at subterfuge might backfire on the lich.  If that happened then his disguise would be exposed and his strategies would be forced to change drastically! 

OOC:  I am not controlling anything I summon since I am not running this story/game/thread.  Just throwing things out there to keep it interesting and to stay in character.   :D   

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2006, 12:35:51 AM »
Moraten practically vaulted back to the upper room.  He took in the situation at a glance, and casually shadow-snapped the closed creature.  Unfortunately, there wasn't enough light here, and he failed to do more than slow it down.  Swearing in his native language, he sped across the room, swinging his staff with enough force to crush bone.  There was more room to fight here, and he could get decent swings in.  He glared back at the strange man.  "Arrows are seldom effective indoors," he snapped, then immediately turned back to the combat at hand. 

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2006, 08:58:58 PM »
Amithranial followed Moraten, a broken chair leg in each hand. "...especially against skeletons." she added to Moraten's comment as she engaged one of the undead with a fury of blows from her crude batons.

((OOC: Are these skeleton warriors armed?))

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2006, 10:54:21 PM »
She could not help herself but try her best not to giggle at the thought of using arrows in an inside place. There was only one person she knew that could do such a thing and that was her sister Lilla. Then again Lilla made her own bow and arrows.  Looking around as she lessoned to the rest of the sounds. It seamed that was the end of the living dead for right then. It didn’t matter for now they where all stuck together.” d**n men..” she whispers under her breath. She wanted to start moving on her own and keep on moving but this way they where going to slow her down. In time they would work with her but they need to move to higher ground. Yes they needed to move to high ground fast. d**n the world and how it was working. She didn’t want to move that night she wanted to move that morning. Then again there was a way out just slip out the jail door. On and on her thoughts turned in her mind. Still she knew what was working out side an how they worked. Just as long as the rest of the group just lessoned to her direction everything would be ok. Then again even some of the things out there even she could not predict just by watching them. On she thought about it looking onto the group. What should she do. Stick to her first thoughts or move on. A light smile touched her lips as she looked upon the place. She had already made up her mind they where going to stay half of the night there and then spend the other half out. But why tell them now her thoughts as far as they knew she was leaving that night and that was true and the others knew she was staying that night and that in its self was also true. An so she said nothing other than “I think that’s all of them.”
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:07:55 PM by TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra »

Offline The_Warlock

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2006, 12:33:47 PM »
Mord stumbles back awkwardly as the others dispatch the two undead warriors.  "Thank you" he replies with a slight tremble in his voice.  He looks down at the bow in his hands and shakes his head.  "I am not much of an adventurer I'm afraid.......and have had no experience in dealing with.....monsters.  I....hunt.....in the forest...in nature....against natural creatures....but this.....(he points at the skeleton remains then looks up to the eyes of the group)....thank you...I shall remember the advice you have given me should we cross any more monsters like these."  Silently Mord falls back to see what unfolds within the group now that the safehouse has been compromised.  They had no idea what else could be lurking beneath the structure and the front door was blasted into shards and numerous unusable pieces.  They would need a new strategy now.  Mord almost chuckled at his own cleverness.  The arrogance displayed by some of the group was not lost on him either.  He would continue to allow them to think him a weak, nearly useless member of the group.  Mord had nothing to prove to anyone in this group and he would not let his ego get the better of him.  In the end, the so-called leader of this group would regret her mistake in letting him enter.  He would see to it personnally.  She was, afterall, pleasant to look upon.  She would make a nice pet golem.  A nice golem indeed!  Once properly groomed, of course.  The last thought almost ended with him bursting into laughter.       

• Snake
  • Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »
 She rolled her snake like hips to the side as she made up her mind. “We will buck down here for the night” and that was all that she said nothing more nor less. Still her eyes did not move to anyone other than the so called week man. He was playing at something. She was a thief as well as an assassin and had been on many different kinds of jobs where she had to disguises herself to be another kind of person than she truly was.  She had a bad feeling about this man and she learned long time ago to trust her feelings.  Her ocean blue eyes then looked onto the others. They seamed to be not to bad then again who knew what was truly going on.  Reaching for one of the blankets off of a bed and arrange it upon the ground making it clue that she ment what she said. She never liked the mattresses anyway. Already propping one leg over the other and closing her eyes.  Her leather skirt rolled upon her skin as she took a deep breath ready to hear what the others had to say about this. Would they give her trouble or would they lesson to her? An if they lessoned to her would they leave this other man behind? An if not then what would she do. As the thoughts still where storming inside her head she lessoned hard to the ground and sounds of the place already adjusting to them. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:21:17 PM by TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra »