llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Slumber  (Read 21731 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ria Hawk

  • Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2979
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 10:50:49 PM »
"Seeing as this is a city, I am sure we could find a bar."  Moraten fell into step next to the others.  "However, once found..."  He glanced at the corpse of a man lying in what he presumed to be his own blood.  "I should not imagine that drinking anything found there would be advisable."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Sydney Cain

  • Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • **
  • Posts: 93
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 05:11:40 AM »
"We need to find out what killed these people, I suggest we start with the most setting area in this huge city. The cemetary." Izlude stopped. He drew Hard Edge and stabbed into the shadows. A shreik was let out that stung the ears with emense pain. "Hurry up, we need to defeat these Shreikers" Out of nowhere there came dozens of Shreikers, their sleek black bodies darting through the night. Mildly tall, Izlude knew they were a dangerous threat in groups, their sharp teeth able to rip bone and flesh. He swung at a few trying to hold them off. It was difficult to see them in the night.
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline Ria Hawk

  • Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2979
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 10:47:50 PM »
Moraten whirled his staff around, knocking Shriekers away from him.  "Unless you know a way of dealing with these things more efficiently, I might suggest retreating to better ground."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Sydney Cain

  • Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • **
  • Posts: 93
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2006, 09:36:19 AM »
 Izlude slashed at a few more before nodding his head. "you  know this city better then us, lead the way."
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline Redwick

  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 118
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2006, 09:41:26 AM »
Redwick was a little shocked when screaming monster jumped out of... well, nowhere. He hated when things apeared out of nowhere.

"Shriekers, y'call 'em?" he asked as he cut through one with his sword by pure luck. At least the things could be hurt. Then he heard the suggestion that they should retreat. His dwarven side cringed at the idea, no true dwarf would ever retreat. But his human side was more sensible, so he agreed.

"Right, we'll make a tactical movement to a better fighting-position..."

He would never admit to retreating.
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

  • Snake
  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 110
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 04:10:18 PM »
Closing her ocean blue eyes as she could only smell and see the dead. Just what had come into this small town she had not a clue. Only that her job here was already dun before she could even step into the town. It was her orders to come and steal something back for an old friend. Now she was not only going to have to find out who took it before her. Oh no she had to also find out who the people where walking freely into this place. Taking a deep breath she leaped out of the tree tops. Her short lather shirt flowed around her tanned legs as she landed almost soundlessly. Brushing strands of jet-black hair she started her way to them. Her eyes looking onto the weapons as well as the way they regarded themselves. Just who where they? A warm light smile touched her lips. “So I guess names are in order. Mine is Snake…and your selves?”

Never did she drop her guard as her dagger hung freely onto the sides of her hips. Still she had more down the inside of her boots hidden from preying eyes. Among the daggers was her bow and arrows strapped onto her back. Stills he stood her ground keeping her eyes on all things around her. Ready for what ever was to come.
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Ria Hawk

  • Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2979
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 11:33:58 PM »
(OOC: Ah. Roselyn, we're kind of in the middle of being attacked, just so you know.  And take nothing my character says personally.)

Moraten spun around, knocking a shrieker away from the strange woman.  It hit a nearby wall with a nasty splat.  "Either get out of the way, or get your weapons out, you little fool!" he bellowed at her, then twisted away to deal with another monstrosity.  "Thrice-bed**ned onna."  He glanced at the others.  "I would suggest finding an intact building with a stout door and few windows.  I believe there is what was once a money-lenders establishment two blocks up this street."  Then, without pausing to see if the others were following, he started fighting his way through the press of shriekers, in the direction he had indicated.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Redwick

  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 118
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2006, 04:28:10 AM »
"Money lenders, eh?"

Redwick followed Moraten through the ruins, waving for the rest to come along.
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Sydney Cain

  • Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • **
  • Posts: 93
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2006, 01:47:30 PM »
Izlude hacked his way past the strange woman. Snake, why does that name sound familiar? He sliced into the back of a shreiker, it cut easily, as if the beast were made of butter rather then flesh and bone. He made his way to Redwick, "so your a half dwarf huh? Im sure you can lend a hand in this fight then, it should be hard to defend ourselves when we get inside" Izlude continued to fight the shriekers, their loud wails filled his ears  with pain.
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline Andimia

  • The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 423
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2006, 04:33:40 PM »
It was hard to see through the darkness and fog and she wished that she was currently deaf but she took a deep breath and focused like she had been taught. Amithranial nocked an arrow and let it fly, nocking another before the first had struck one of the shadowy attackers. These seemed to be the only survivors, she did not want them to all meet a similer fate as the rest of the people of this city. She heard that nobody ever returned from Carenten and she was no coward, she wanted to see for herself. She let her arrow fly, taking down another shadowy attacker.
__________________

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3423
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 08:43:27 AM »
Pantera, more a lover than a fighter, decided that caution was the better part of valor and decided to make an escape of sorts. Calling on her rather questionable heritage, she sprouted thick black claws from the ends of her fingers and dug them into the wood and plaster of the outside of the closest building. such claws had in truth been intended for the ripping of raw flesh and the rending of limbs from bodies. Unfortunately for Pantera, the sight and scent of blood made her queasy and a rather poor fighter.

She found a rough piece of roofing tile that had come loose in the last storm, she would have guessed, and slung it at one of the attacking shriekers. The creature flailed about wildly as some sort of thick syrupy liquid squirted up from it's gashed open head. After a few seconds, it collapsed to the ground, deflating like a punctured air-bladder.

"Ick..." Pantera said as she looked for another suitable projectile.


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Redwick

  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 118
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 08:48:12 AM »
"Stop throwing things at 'em and get moving unless ya want to get killed!"

Suddenly, the Shriekers were hit with arrows.

"Great, now someone's shooting too. I hope whoever it is is good at aiming..."
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Andimia

  • The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 423
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 08:00:45 PM »
Amithranial shot again, piercing the flesh of yet another shrieker when she noticed the group was fleeing towards cover.
"Cowards." she grumbled under her breath. She nocked another arrow and released it, mearly wounding a shrieker. Amith then noticed the shadowy movement of two shriekers that had broken off from the group and had taken notice of her. She slung her bow accross her back and jumped off of the overturned merchant stall and over a dead horse, sprinting straight towards the dusky creatures. The last thing she wanted was for the others to find cover and have all of the shriekers turn their focus on to her. She narrowed her eyes as she ran, all she could hear now was the thudding of her feet and the racing of her heart as she dashed streight at the shady creatures. Just before comming within reach, Amith moved to focus on the left one as they bounded towards her. Balling up her right fist and, with all of the momentum of her run, sends the shrieker to the ground with a blow to what she guessed to be the creature's chest, stopping her run dead upon impact. With a curse and a shake of her hand she reached for her twin swords strapped to her back, drawing them but not before the second shrieker chomped down on her right arm. With a howl she dropped the thin sword and detached the dark creature's head with her other blade. Panting she turned back to the one on the ground wich was attempting to scramble to it's feet but never made it before Amithranial ran it through with her blade. Sheathing her sword she picked the other up off the ground, She'd have to fight her way through the shriekers to get to the others, she ran towards the frey, her right arm hanging painfully limp at her side.
__________________

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Sydney Cain

  • Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • **
  • Posts: 93
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2006, 09:20:38 PM »
Izlude heard a scream from behind him. He turned to see a woman making her way towards him. "Everyone, theres someone out there, we need to save her!" He lashed out at the shreikers near him, and as he got closer he noticed the woman was wounded. " We have to hurry!" He would not stop till all were saved.
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline Ria Hawk

  • Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2979
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2006, 10:49:12 PM »
Moraten glanced behind him and satisfied himself that the woman in question was neither the princess nor Saja.  He fully intended to let the woman take care of herself, but a small voice in his head stopped him.  You're not that heartless, Mor.  Go help her.  I would, and you know it.  He grimaced; Saja wouldn't have thought twice about helping someone in need, and she'd probably never forgive him if he left the girl.  "Women will be the death of me," he muttered as he wheeled around to go help the stranger.  Yeah, but wouldn't it be a wonderful way to go? 
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

  • Snake
  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 110
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2006, 11:39:06 PM »
((ooc: Don't mind if I join you guys do you?))
She shacks her head softly already moving with grater speed in each step. Soon she closed the world around her as she tried to just see the things trying to kill off herself and the people around her. It was a kill or be killed moment and she had to much at stake to die so easily. Dropping to the ground as her hand moved to the holds on her hips. Taking out her daggers, one a little longer than the other, as she moved along the ground “Why me?” Cutting around the ankles and trying to stay low to the ground. Still she moved on with the rest of the group. The only way she was going to get any answers would be throw them.   The only thing she could hope for is that none of them know just who she was. Smirking softly at the man who called her a little fool maybe I am. Still who better to follow than someone who calls you a fool? An she would have to if she had not heard the scream. No long able of any others as she ran towards the women. Her arms already taking out her bow and arrows as her mind went blank. This was not the time for idle thoughts anyway. Pressing the fathers to her lips as she was only stopping now and again when the shrieker’s where getting to close to her. Not even minding the ones coming up behind her. Then she replaced the bow onto her back in mid run. Leaping into the air her hand already reaching for her daggers hoping she was not too late. She landed beside the archer women. Daggers back in hand as she started moving at the women’s speed. “ I’ll cover the right you get the left.”  Was all she said and nothing more.
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Redwick

  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 118
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2006, 06:07:11 AM »
"Durin allmighty, another girl..."

Redwick turned straight around as Izlude told them to save her.

"Say, these... what'cha call 'em... shriekers, they haven't got poisonous bites or anything? I mean, she's not in that kind of trouble, is she?"
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Scrasamax

  • The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3423
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2006, 09:27:38 AM »
The taste of fear and adrenaline was thick in the air, Pantera cold taste it. It seemed as solid as any food she had eaten, and twice as nourishing. She drew it in, felt it slide through her nose, across her tongue. She could taste it. Itwas the musky scent of a woman, not the flowery smell that many wore, but the real smell. She felt her alien* blood stirring, feeding from that essence that she drew in breath after breath. The claws slid from her fingers again, and she could feel the muscle fibers of her arms and legs thickening. She felt a pang of cold fear as the change worked its way through her bastard flesh.

Each of the shriekers, those still alive, glowed with a cold radiance that only her chimerical eyes could see. The rest of the party moved with dancing coronas of light around them. A deciever, a desperate hero...others. She coiled and struck.

A single bound carried her from the top of the despoiled house she had laired upon. Jaws gaped wide she collided with one of the shriekers, it's flesh yielding to her razor sharp teeth. The creature's head lolled to one side as she disemboweled it with a strike of one of her wickedly clawed paws. It's black ichor splattered her orange and black fur.

The pulse of fear that she devoured grew stronger as she rampage through the rapidly dimishing ranks of shriekers until she was alone with the survivors of the attack...

(OOC - Alien* as in not human, not in reference to little green men or Roswell.)


Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Andimia

  • The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 423
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »
As Amith ran towards the group she noticed one of them mouth the words "save her" has he gestured towards The half-elf. Knitting her brows she muttered indignantly as she ran towards the group. "I don't need anything, they're the ones fleeing not me. Cowards." she tightened her left hand on the grip of her rapier, just then a woman was running next to her. Nearly tripping and resisting the urge to instinctively swing, Amithranial cringed to hide her startled expression. She put it out of her mind, she can be indignant later. As she came upon the dark creatures she used her momenum to slash into the first and second shrieker, trying to blaze a way toward the others. Without the use of her right arm she would never be able to take on the whole group of shriekers so she might as well use these people to her advantage. Then a beast charged through the crowd of dark creatures, nearly nocking her off her feet. Amith jumped back and cursed.
__________________

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

  • Snake
  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 110
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 10:59:47 PM »

She smiled softly to herself as if she could feel the women’s thoughts in wanting to strike out at her. Again she said nothing more for talk and words where only useful after the battle or before a surprise attack. This was not one of the above.  Her arms crossed around her neck as she flung out her arms cutting into the shrieker that was trying to grasp a hold of her. That was when the women suddenly jumped back making she herself jump over to the side. Still she looked onto the new beast. “Grand…”her voce slightly irritated. As if her job was not going to be hard enough lest add a big angry beast! Jet-black hair brushed past her shoulders as she swiftly returned to the women’s side. She needed to her stay alive, and what did Snake want in return other than her life as well? Some information was all. Then she would be on her happy way. Alone. That was how she liked things anyway. Still she tried keeping the Shriekers off of there back as well as keep her eye upon this beast. Just what in hells name was it doing just staring at them anyway? Why did it not go on and attack?
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Sydney Cain

  • Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • **
  • Posts: 93
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
Im gone
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2006, 03:52:50 PM »
[OOC] Look guys, this will be the last post you see from me. I give the role of playing Izlude to anyone willing. Ive started a band, and were doing really good, so I wont have time for this site anymore. Have a good time. :wink:
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline Ria Hawk

  • Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2979
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2006, 10:53:28 PM »
(OOC: Spoony.  Well, who wants to drive now?)
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline TheSnakeRoselynAlexandra

  • Snake
  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 110
  • Ever so lost with in the mind. Ever so lost...
    • http://www.myspace.com/cateyedmargo
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »
((ooc:  I could if you guys wish me to?))
A step behind time. A step behind reason. Only in her mind. For she was before time and before reason. Counting a head. The only way she stays alive.

Offline Ria Hawk

  • Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2979
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2006, 10:24:20 PM »
(OOC: Anyone got a problem with that?)
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

  • The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 423
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Re: The Slumber
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2006, 10:14:28 AM »
(ooc: on with the show!)
__________________

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her