llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Replies by necromancer  (Read 1261 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
Replies by necromancer
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:47:18 PM »
I am going to use this thread for replies to comments on my posts as something is wrong with my mail.
A necromancer is only evil in the eye of those who hate him and only hated by those who do not understand him.

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
Re: Replies by necromancer
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 06:17:55 PM »
Charstone

First of all in reply to Kendra:
1. How is the history pointless it tells us who made it why there is so few of the stones and provides a plot hook for players who might be intrested in alchemy, I think the history made it quite clear that the young guy was put in that cell to be rescued. However now that i think about it I might make the Charstone into a plot.

2 Who said anything about magical booyah, the boys may have been foolish by not seeing the stones potential but for heavens sake not all alchemists are the organised type. I said nothing about lab notes which means there are no lab notes.

3 Oh and I definatly did not make this clear. The stones are small and you could not fuel a forge with with one or two it also needs oil to be poured on the stone at first to get it going. Even with all the stones put together the fire would not be sufficient to fuel a forge they need really hot fires and all the stone does is sustain the fire that is it.

4.Like I said the history was only meant to give the stone a bit of background and if the plot needs more detail then I will do that when I make it into an actual plot.

If you want to reply to this then I suggest to paste this to your reply in your comment.
A necromancer is only evil in the eye of those who hate him and only hated by those who do not understand him.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:38:07 PM »
No, reply on the item, Nec.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 05:46:36 PM »

1. How is the history pointless it tells us who made it why there is so few of the stones and provides a plot hook for players who might be intrested in alchemy, I think the history made it quite clear that the young guy was put in that cell to be rescued. However now that i think about it I might make the Charstone into a plot.
It left me hanging as to how long ago this occured. I assume it did so with others. Could you alter the back story to include some more concrete details as to the timing of events?  Then you can make a plot associated with it.

2 Who said anything about magical booyah, the boys may have been foolish by not seeing the stones potential but for heavens sake not all alchemists are the organised type. I said nothing about lab notes which means there are no lab notes.
Alchemists and most arcanists have workbooks and notes, precursors to the modern lab books. It was assumed.  So, the process is so simple that they have it and all the variations they have MEMORIZED?  (then telepathy was not used to pry it out of their heads?)

3 Oh and I definatly did not make this clear. The stones are small and you could not fuel a forge with with one or two it also needs oil to be poured on the stone at first to get it going. Even with all the stones put together the fire would not be sufficient to fuel a forge they need really hot fires and all the stone does is sustain the fire that is it.
Yes, unclear. It was unclear about the number/ volumes of stones. Please clear that up.

4.Like I said the history was only meant to give the stone a bit of background and if the plot needs more detail then I will do that when I make it into an actual plot.
Then either pull the history, or clear it up so it will not cause this much confusion.

My two cents worth
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 11:18:10 PM »
By the way. I think there has been so many comments clammoring for improvements of this or changes of that because the community thinks these are really good ideas that deserve to be properly presented.

So take all the advice as a positive side. Utilize it and you will have some very high scoring posts.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline necromancer

• Journeyman
  • Twisted
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »
I have updated my topic, check it out  8)