- Ability for user, with submission, to upload graphics to a dir of my choice (from computer or through link)
- confirm they are graphics (not just by extension)
- check image size (possibly resize them on the fly if they are too big)
- create a thumbnail
- Only shows thumbnail in the actual submission linked to the full graphic
- Larger graphics may be stored offsite but shown as a link
- No hotlinking
I will probably give the choice in user prefs whether or not to view full image, thumbnail, inline or popup window displaying graphic, no graphics at all.
If I am doing it I am not just letting an imageget displayed in its original resolution by default. I want to have control over how it is displayed because I, as a user, do not like having to download large images without a choice.