llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Secret War.  (Read 15715 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
Re: The Secret War.
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2006, 04:17:30 AM »
"And I thought I could get some cash outta this. Oh well, once a vampire, always a vampire, I suppose..."

Redwick drew his sword and waved the garlic in front of Lucien. Strangely, the vampire didn't seem to react, just sniffing his nose with disgust.

"Ohh, I suppose you're one 'o those powerful vampires, not like those fellows we took care of earlier."

Lucien jumped out of his throne with unnatural speed and gave Redwick a punch in the stomach, sending him flying through the room and hitting the far wall rather hard.

"Well, this seems familiar..."
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2006, 03:17:26 PM »
 Sydney charged at Lucien, and took massive swings at him, but they were nimbly dodged. this sword is weighing me down, I need to get rid of something Sydney jumped back and and threw his shield at Lucien, who ducked under it, then Sydney charged at him with all his might, and he slashed upward. Lucien backed away just in time, the sword had cut off his cloak but nothing more. Lucien then pushed his hands forward, creating a gust of wind that sent Sydney flying into the wall. "Dont be a fool Sydney, your nothing without your whip!" He said, now drawing Sydney' whip from the back of him. "I will kill you all! You were fools to come into the home of a vampire!"
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »
Blind with rage Nigel rushed forward swinging the sword he had picked up.  Here stood the dreaded Lord Lucien, the one who had taken his beloved Lisbeth from him, the one he must slay by any means.  He was stopped in mid swing by a voice ringing out, as clear as a bell.

"Nigel"

It was Lisbeth, his lost love standing but five paces away, clad in a white dress.  She looked as radiant as he remembered her the first time he lay eyes on her.  He stood in slack jawed amazement, his sword dropped from nervous fingers and seemed to take forever to clatter on the floor.  His eyes brimmed with tears.  Could it be?

"I came back for you."

Her voice was like music to his ears, he closed his eyes in rapture.  Lisbeth closed the distance in a blink.  Her eyes held his drawing him into their depths.

"We can be together again."  She grasped his hand, "Just like before."

Her flesh was cold to the touch.  Nigel struggled, thinking about what he wanted and what he knew to be true...
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2006, 04:05:47 PM »
Anya transformed instantly into the large wolf first jumping at lucien but missing as he stepped proudly away. once she had landed she turned round and saw Nigel being held by a woman a vampire of course what else would be here. Anya jumped nimbly at the woman knocking her backwards. Anya stood in front of Nigel staring with her teeth beared at the lady her skin was pale and sharp teeth protruded from her top gum. She let off a long shriek and jumped at the wolf. Anya jumped back and landed on Lisbeths stomach. 
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2006, 04:28:43 PM »
 Sydney got up from off the floor. "Leave Lucien to me! I'm gonna get my whip back!" Sydney ran at Lucien and dodged as his whip slashed at him. Sydney got in close, and attacked Lucien, but the sword was no whip, and he missed. Lucien wrapped his whip around Sydney's foot, and pulled up, sending Sydney to the ground. He then thust it downward, but Sydney rolled over and grabbed his shield from off the ground. Sydney block the next few hits with his shield, then got in close for an attack. Lucien dodged and struck him several times in the chest. Luckily it didnt strike his heart. Shield held high, Sydney charged again, Lucien's whip struck the shield a few times, and even hisstomach, but Sydney advanced still. Lucien was rammed into the wall, then Sydney lowered his shield ,and stabbed for his heart, but was struck in the face.

Stumbling backwards Sydney was yet again pushed against the wall by the wind Lucien sent forth. "You cant win" Lucien said rubbing his ribs "I'm too powerful for you. Just accept my offer!" Sydney stood up "Never! I will never be used again. You will pay for what your kind did to my family, I'll show you what happens when a plan really backfires!" Sydney took a defensive stance before resuming the battle.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 04:36:15 PM by Sydney Cain »

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2006, 01:07:46 AM »
Redwick saw that Lucien did seem to have company. Pretty one, too. But she was like him, an undead drinker of blood. Not knowing Nigel's particular interest in the woman, the half-dwarf yelled at him.

"What're ya waitin' for? Get that friggin' vampire before she causes us more trouble! You're not much of a vampire-slayer if ya don't slay vampires!"

He got on his feet and tried to advance towards Lucien, thinking he was preoccupied with his nemesis. However, the vampire merely waved his hand and sent the half-dwarf once again against the wall...
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2006, 02:54:06 PM »
 Sydney and Lucien danced in a circle of death dealing blows. Sydney was starting to tire out,He's too powerful, I cant win. Sydney jumped away from Lucien's whip, but was again caught on the ankle and thrown to the floor. Lucien quickly dragged him over to him, Sydney lay motionless taking in deep breaths. "You see" he mocked "You dont know a good deal when it hits you in the face."

Sydney quickly grabbed the end of his whip and kicked Lucien away. "And you dont know a trap when its laying at your feet!" Sydney stood up, he grabbed the handle of his whip and struck the floor. Lucien hissed as he backed away. Just then two loud clawing noises could be heard coming down the passage Sydney had taken to get here. Then there were howls. "The Werewolves! I forgot about them!" Lucien and Sydney looked gravely at each other. They both thought of the same thing; How am I going to survive now?

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2006, 05:28:48 PM »
Anya growled once more at the woman lieing on the floor. She screamed a bloodcurdling cry. Then anya heared them the howls of other wolves not her kind though Werewolfs. Anya jumped off of the she-vampire and turned on her paws towards the door. It wasn't long before the Werewolfs came ripping through the door the flesh of ghouls hanging from there mouth. Anya instantly jumped at the first one in tearing at it's throat another grabbed her and chucked her away. She smashed into the wall and slide down getting to her feet once again. Anya howled a nasty low howl and jumped once again at the one she knocked to the floor in the first place. Anya ripped at the werewolfs chest ripping gashes so deep that blood poured out onto the floor. She turned and barked at the other to Redwick and Nigel to come and help. Two werewolfs ran towards Lisbeth backing her into the wall in total there were 7 werewolfs and more coming this is ridiculous Thought Anya as she jumped at another of them and knocking it to the floor on it's stomach and ripping at it's back It howled in pain and tried to roll over onto it's back but Anya held on pinning it's arms down with her back paws.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2006, 05:41:28 PM »
 Lucien looked at Sydney "We'll finish this later Cain!" He scattered into a group of bats and flew off. "Come back you coward!" Sydney went off towards the other werewolves. Two jumped at him, but with a single leap he dodged. Then he caught the neck of one with his whip, jumped on its back and started choking it. The other werewolf attacked it trying to get to Sydney, when they began fighting each other Sydney jumped off its back. "Soon this place will be crawling with werewolves, we need to escape!"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2006, 05:51:03 PM »
Anya made a small nod she ran quickly towards nigel and bumped him onto her back and ran after Sydney her barked loudly at Redwick for him to follow.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »
The spell was broken Nigel waded thru the gore and flying fur of werewolves and flutter of bat wings.  His eyes were dry, he was done with tears he was done with many things.  Lisbeth lay bloodied by Anya but still very much alive, still very...beautiful.

"Nigel, my love.  I knew you wouldn't leave me."

Nigel looked down at her, eyes filled with love.

He placed his hand upon her cheek...

Then drove the stake in his right hand thru Lisbeth's heart.  Her bloodcurdling scream would haunt his dreams till the end of his days.  He turned and ran, following the others...
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2006, 03:15:55 AM »
Redwick took his chance as Lucien turned into a flock of bats. He grabbed one of the bats and threw it into the wall.

"Now we're even..."

Satisfied, he turned to the more pressing matter of the hordes of werewolves.

"If we could get the pack leader, the others would flee. Probably."

Not knowing who the pack leader actually was, and not wanting to accidently hurt that shape-shifting girl, he merely followed the rest of the gang, practically running on the backs of the thightly packed wolves.
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2006, 05:14:52 AM »
 Sydney ran through the corridors the others had come from, making sure not to leave the others behind. He moved up the stairs and back into the room they first entered. In front of him stood a group of werewoles. Past them was the exit. Sydney spit on the floor. "Lets do this!" He yelled. The others had caught up.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2006, 05:24:54 AM »
"All this running... I wanna sleep!" complained Redwick, but drew his sword anyway.

"Right, which one 'o ya is the pack leader?"

The werewolves bared their teeth and growled threatengly.

"If you're not gonna tell, I guess I'll just have to take care of all of ya..."

He charged. The werewolves charged.

Lucien would probably have enjoyed the result. There was a loot of blood.
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
Anya transformed into herself again and panted slightly before standing up straight and pulling her sword from her holster she attacked one of the werewolfs killing it with a blow to the head then another killing it by a thrust through the heart. Anya then transformed into a mighty eagle she flew into the air and picked one of the werewolfs easily of the ground the celing was quite high so she could drop it from a height. She flew right up to the celing and let go of the struggiling wolf. It flew through the air and was dead before to hit the ground. Gore splattered everywhere. Anya soared down to get another one and repeating the process all over again.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2006, 04:01:39 AM »
"OI! Whatch where you drop those wolves, lady! I'm covered in enough unidentifiable substances already!"

Redwick chopped left and right, hoping that that wolf was the pack leader... Or that one... Or that one... and so on. But no such luck, they just kept on coming.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 03:49:48 AM by Redwick »
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2006, 04:17:14 PM »
 Sydney Was in the midsts of the Werewolves. His whip was lashing out at anything he saw. Once he almost hit Redwick in the head. Surrounded he jumped in the air to see a huge eagle drop a Werewolf from a great height. He landed next to Nigel, and he began fighting again. Then, the Werewolves stopped as a huge roar erupted though the castle. Sydney stopped too.

A path started to clear as a particularly big werewolf made his way towards Sydney. He had gray and blue fur, and a scar across his bottom lip.. He stood a few feet away from Sydney. "Silas wants an audiance with you Sydney. He will spare your friends if you come with me." Sydney looked menacingly at this new arrival. He had an equally angry face on, as if disapointed he couldn't rip off his head.

"What kind of insurance would I have that they would be left alone?" Sydney asked. "You have Silas' word. Is that enough?" He answered roughly. "Okay Scarlip, where is he?" Scarlip sniggered, "You think I'll tell you? Your dumber then you look. Silas told me to give you a second chance to accept, or you'll just become another liability."

Sydney cracked his whip. "Do you call Silas your master?"
 Scarlip said nothing. "Fine" Sydney said, "I'll beat it out of you."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:38:12 PM by Sydney Cain »

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:07 AM »
Anya flew down and resumed her true form once again. She looked at the head werewolf and grinned. she walked forward and stood by sydney "this is the head's lapdog is it." she bowed deeply "why what a pleasure to meet such a grand wolf" she let out a loud laugh "there never was a wolf like you" she cried out sarcastically. The look on scarlip's face was not one of pleasure but one of hatred and lothing. Anya laughed again and transformed into her mighty wolf's shape. she howled in pleasure. Her shackles raised and her teeth came into view once again. She was ready they would find out where they needed to go to find the head werewolf then they would kill it.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2006, 07:57:02 PM »
Scarlip roared, "Stop calling me that! Scarlip is not my name!" Sydney scoffed, "What is it then? Splitlip? Or maybe lapdog? Come on, help me out here, I'm in the dark. Hahahaha!" Sydney took a step forward. "You cant make a deal with me Scarlip, I'm your natural born enemy. Now I'll give you a second chance to tell me where I can find my brother, or you'll become another liability."

There was a pause. Scarlip and Sydney were locked in a staredown. Scarlip showed anger, but Sydney showed evil pleasure, he was really enjoying this. Well, isnt this dramatic? Then they dove at each other, Scarlip was clawing at Sydney with surprising speed and accuracy. Sydney dodged all but the first few swipes, then he was hit in the neck. He was slammed against the wall. Scarlip pounded his head into the stone. So much that a crater was forming. But then, Sydney wrapped his whip around his hand, and pulled down. Scarlip's entire arm want down, and Sydney kicked him in the face.

Scarlip grabbed his whip as Sydney hit his chest hard trying to release his whip. Scarlip sniggered as Sydney desperately pounded away. Then he grabbed his head and threw Sydney into the wall. This time the wall crumbled ontop of him. His body was lost under the heavy wreckage. Scarlip looked at Anya with a smile. "Where's your smart remark now?" He taunted.   

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2006, 01:09:23 AM »
Nigel angled himself so that he was in a position to get behind Scarlip.  The werewolf's attention was on Anya.  He would have scant opportunity to strike.  He would have to act quickly...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2006, 04:16:18 AM »
Redwick noticed Nigel was trying to do. Time for an attention-moving manvouver.

"Whoa whoa whoa, Mr. Wolf-guy, no need to get angry. We just wanna get out of here, is all. Catch some sleep and...uh... bust some vampires. Yeah..."

If only Nigel could hurry up, Redwick was running out of things to say...
Redwick Undersoor

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2006, 08:44:14 PM »
Nigel stepped forward and plunged the sword to the hilt in the werewolf's exposed back, or at least that is what would have happened if the sword were made of silver, or imbued with magikal properties.  As it was it was just a regular sword, made of fine steel and not driven with enough force to hurt the pack leader, just get his attention.  Scarlip spun and leapt atop Nigel, claws slashing and fangs gnashing...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2006, 04:55:58 AM »
"Aw crud, here we go again..."

Redwick jumped on top of the quite angry wolf.

"Whoa there, get away from Nigel!"

The wolf thrashed around, trying to throw Redwick of, but he held on for his dear life like some wolf-riding rodeo-artist.
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
Anya jumped in immediatly clawing at the werewolf bringing blood to the skin. she darted back avoiding a swipe from it's angry paws. Anya lowered her head and ran full pelt at the werewolf bowling him to the ground off of Nigel. Redwick would of rolled with the werewolf. fianlly Scarlip managed to throw redwick off and jumped towards Anya knocking her over and again turning to Nigel. Anya jumped once again and landed on the beast's back bringing it down to the floor. bitting into it's scruff and pushing it's head into the ground. Scarlip wriggled a bit and then slashed at the floor managing to catch hold of Anya back left paw and ripping her off of him. He threw anya away and she slid down the wall opposite. Anya was back in her true form. She pulled her sword out of her scabbard and ran at the wolf. It wasn't a silver sword but a bronze sword it looked so flimsy but it had gold writting etched down the blade. Anya ran with all her might at the werewolf and plunged the sword deep into it's arm and into the wall behind. Scarlip roared a mighty roar and turned to it's arm trying it's best to pull the blade out. "stuck fast now aren't you" giggled Anya as she puffed and panted. "gave us a bit of a run around din't ya" Anya wiped her forehead and turned to the other's "we ain't going to kill him yet we will let the lapdog talk first ok. Nigel are you alright" she walked carefully over to Nigel and leant down beside him. She pushed her shiny black hair out of her face and looked gently down with one of her intoxicating smiles.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »
Nigel, too tired and beaten to be intoxicated, nodded.  He waved Anya away and crawled to the pile of rubble that had fallen on Sydney.  He looked for signs of life, in vain, before beginning the laborious task of moving the huge stones...

The Ares Chronicles