llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Secret War.  (Read 22304 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
Re: The Secret War.
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 01:27:58 AM »
 Sydney dodged an attack, countered, and lashed out at the beasts. "We need to find the lower levels, Lucien will be at the very bottom!" He yelled over the screeching of the ghouls.
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 10:45:17 AM »
Anya nodded her face looking pretty feirce right at this moment as she ripped at another ghoul which lumbered towards her. Anya changed quickly into an eagle and flew high into the air, she soared through the air looking for the dark steps which lead down. There, she flew low over the heads of the ghouls and transformed into herself again she flew through the air landed on her feet with her knees bent and stabbed her sword through another of the ghouls hearts "over There" she called to the other two "to the left behind that wall there, There's some steps" she swung her sword at another ghoul and knocked it off it's feet. "If we can get there then......" Anyas voice trailed away as one of the ghouls swung a hand like an anvil at her knocking her of her feet and into one of the walls behind her. She slipped down to the ground and rested there for a few minuites. This was one thing wrong with being an animagus you get tired so fast. Anya stood up quickly and slashed at a ghoul close to her. she shook her head and waved to the others to make there way towards her. anya was closer to the steps then they were and if they followed her path then it would be easier to get there.
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 02:08:23 PM »
"Nigel,follow close!" Sydney said as he went after Anya. She's more capable then I thought, any normal woman would have died long ago. She seems to have no fear. That could kill us. He looked at Nigel with a weary glance. He could see how he trembled, the fear of the death around him. This will test his mind more then anything, I hope he does not go insane. Sydney lashed out at a few ghouls, then turned quickly around-a ghoul caught his whip. Sydney kicked him down, but that slight pause was all they needed. In seconds Sydney was pinned to the floor, Anya was too far away to help, and his whip fell from his hand.   

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • http://www.geocities.com/iheroes/
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 06:04:15 AM »
A half-dwarf stood outside the castle, looking a bit confused. He was wearing his usual red armour and had one hand nervously placed on his sword. This place did not bode well. But he had travelled for days without rest, and this was the only structure he had come across in this Durin-forsaken country.

"Um... hello? Anyone home?"

He noticed that the door was broken open. Obviously, some fighting had been going on here. He walked closer, and heard the noise of more fighting deeper inside the castle.

"Darn, seems like it's gonna be trouble again..."

He drew his sword and ran into the castle, following the sound of fighting down the dark corridors. Finally, he reached the scene of battle. A girl was standing near some stairs. Pretty one, that. Then there was a nervous-looking fellow armed with a bunch of stakes. Stakes, that meant vampire-hunting. Could this be a vampire's castle?

Red Un slipped out of his thoughts as he saw a third man in bandages with a whip getting knocked down and having his weapon pulled away from him.

"Oi! Leave that whip alone, you 'orrible lot!"

Red Un drew his sword and went through the horde of ghouls, cutting of heads here and there until he reached the bandaged man. He was pinned to the floor by a particulary nasty-looking ghoul, so Red Un wasted no time in cutting of it's head. Then he stretched out his hand helpfully.

"Name's Redwick Undersoor, half-dwarf explorer. What's all this commotion about?"
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 04:28:48 PM »
Anya looked round at the dwarf which know had joined them "no good just chopping of there heads mister there ghouls you will have to get there hearts if you want them to stay down" she called as one of the ghouls clumsily got to it's feet and bumped into a wall to the left of it. she smiled her sweet intoxicating smile pulled a small dagger from her belt and threw it. the dagger hit the ghouls heart the ghoul fell to the floor writhed a bit then lead still. "I'm Anya by the way" she called pushing one of the ghouls coming at her into another and driving her sword through each of there hearts at the same time.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 04:44:57 PM »
Sydney said nothing at first. For years I met not one living person that could help me, and now they just wont quit coming Grabbing his whip he took out some of his agression on the ghouls. He lashed out in a fury to his left, Crack, crack, crack, crack! Four ghouls dead. "You want to help!? Gaurd Nigel!" He yelled at Redwick in a deep voice unlike his own. He dove into a swarm of ghouls, his whip was like the wind. Now that I dont have to worry about Nigel I can let loose. He tore through at least five of them before he suddenly jumped into the air. He landed next to Anya. "Hurry up over here, and watch for the timid fellow if you want to live! Anya, we will gaurd the stairs." He didnt like all the sudden attention he was getting, and he was starting to wonder if any of these people would make it out alive.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2006, 10:17:26 AM »
"Aim for the hearts, guard the nervous fellow. Got it."

The headless ghouls were now particulary angry at the half-dwarf, but the lack of heads impeded their fighting skills somewhat. Red Un grabbed Nigels arm and started to move towards the stairs slowly but steadily, like any good dwarf would (though he was both human and dwarf, his dwarven side had always been stronger and had more influence on his actions).

"C'mon, lad, I'm sure those stakes 'o your aren't for a quiet evening by the fireside!"
"Some people says that a dwarf never loses his way. The truth is that they never lose their map."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »
Anya laughed as she swang her sword to the left then to the right slashing at the ghouls who were trying to get down the stairs to tell there master. anya killed another three as she laughed to herself. Anya transformed into a large dog it's mouth twisted into a nasty growl it's teeth showing saliva dripping from it's fangs. Of course redwick would of never of seen Anya do this. Anya jumped at one of the ghouls and ripped at it's chest another came to her side and smashed her into the wall again. she again jumped up and attacked the ghoul which had hit her. It's heart burst sending a spray of.. something all over the place covering the walls and the ground. Anya stood up again her shackles raised her teeth beared.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2006, 09:30:28 AM »
Redwick was a little shocked when the pretty girl turned into a rabid dog. Then he shrugged and went onwards.

"It's one 'o those girls..."

As he reached the stair, he was treated to an exploding head and a shower of unidentifiable fluid.

"This just gets better an' better."

He let go of the shocked tailor and started to defend their position against the oncoming ghouls, while tapping his foot impatiently against the mucus-covered floor.

"Can we get going now, please?"
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2006, 10:30:09 AM »
"Enough!" Sydney yelled, He was at the foot of the stairs slashing at the ghouls "Everyone go down, I'll catch up with you" Sydney looked at the horde of ghouls "I was gonna save this for Lucien, but I guess I've got to use it on you", Sydney dove into the crowd, his speed was unbelievable, he tore through the ranks like a ghost. But more and more came,they drove him away from the stairs. No! I need to find them!
 "Dont worry" said a voice "you will!" Sydey turned around, the voice seemed to come from the walls themselves. Then, he fell through the floor, a trap! As he plummeted downward a wicked laugh could be heard throughout the castle...

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2006, 11:43:42 AM »
"Hrmh, hope they've got beds down there, 'cause I'm tired."

Redwick grabbed Nigel again and dragged him down with him as he descended the stairs into the darknes...
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »
The dog chased after them down the stairs after giving a worried look to Sydney. Anya was back. The corridor was long damp and dark "i suppose he like's it like this" she said to the darkness her voice soft and light. It sounded like a whisper in the corridor. "anyway better get ourselves a tourch. Anya felt around on the wall and found a small stick on the wall. She felt in pockets and pulled out some matches. she light the stick and it burnt brightly. Anya jumped back as she looked at the floor "Um Nigel dear. try not to look down ok" beneath there feet were bodies, bodies after bodies. each one sucked dry "just keep moving."

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2006, 12:59:38 PM »
Redwick was about to take out one of his own torches, but was relieved when he didn't have to. His dwarven instincts always told him to preserve his equipment for as long as possible. Stingy, some would call him.

He gave the corpses on the floor a curious look.

"Well waddya know, it's a vampire after all! Freakin' bloodsuckers, can't stand 'em. Always so high an' mighty an' effete and strutting... Reminds me of elves."
Redwick Undersoor

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 01:44:03 PM »
 Sydney landed with a dull thud. He stayed on the ground. Lucien, you bastard! Where am I? As he got up he saw darkness, but as his eyes adjusted to the light he noticed he was in a small room, filled with the bloodless victums Lucien had drained. He was in the basement. It was then he noticed that his whip was gone, so he searched around the dead bodies.
 Annoyed, he couldnt find it. Luckily, he saw a sword in the hands of a dead warrior. He must of come to kill Lucien. Sydney also took the shield the man carried. Im no swordsman, so i'll need this.. Then he went off into the darkness, happy to finally be alone.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:47:47 PM by Sydney Cain »

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2006, 01:20:29 AM »
OOC:  Thanks for dragging me along folks.  If there are any more lapses of writing on my part just continue dragging Nigel along please.  Thanks.  Good to see you again Redwick.

IC:  Nigel was overwhelmed by the chaotic world he had stepped into.  He didn't know horror and carnage existed on such a scale.  He cringed as he stepped over the dessicated husks of the corpses beneath his feet.  He forced him self to look at them, compelled to see if he saw the face of Lisbeth among their ranks.  However, deep down, he knew that he would not find her here.  The Vampire Lord, and yes after seeing the ghouls about him he believed such things existed, had taken her for other reasons, not just to slake his thirst for blood.

Nigel's blood boiled with the thought.  He picked up a sword from one of the corpses, and shook off the hand of the half dwarf.  He cared not if he lived but he would slay this Lucien.  He looked at his new companions face in the flickering light of Anya's torch.  "My name is Nigel.  Thank you for helping me."

The winding stair the trio descended opened up into a large room containing six caskets, ornately bound with gold and precious jewels.  It was lit by flickering torches that threw the shifting shadows about the room.  At the far end of the room stood a stout oak door banded with black iron.  To cross the room they would have to walk directly inbetween the rows of coffins.  Nigel looked at his half dwarf companion, "Well, what do we do?"...
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2006, 08:20:58 AM »
 Sydney began to sense another near him, he turned to see another ghoul. He held a torch and opened a passage. "My Master wants an audiaunce with you, I would suggest you take it." Sydney went into the hidden corridor, as he travelled he began to see light in the shape of a door ahead.

He walked through the door and into a brightly lit room. the room was empty for all but one chair in its center. In it sat Lucien. His pale handsome face was showing a toothy grin.  "Hello Sydney" he said, as if greeting an old friend, "I want to strike you a deal." Sydney scoffed at him. "What deal, that I end the excuse you call a life quickly?" Lucien smiled back, "Navarro never could control you mouth. But no, I am offering you the chance to save Isereth." Sydney laughed,"What?! Your crazy, I'm already doing that!"

Lucien smiled again. "Oh Sydney, not from me, but from your brother, Silas." Sydney gave Lucien a confused and angry look. Again Lucien smiled. "Your friends will be here shortly, I will tell you the details when they arrive."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 08:23:00 AM by Sydney Cain »

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2006, 10:13:08 AM »
"No problem, Nigel. Me name's Redwick Undersoor, and I'm dying for some sleep..."

Usually, the half-dwarf would have walked over the corpses without a second thought, crushing any skulls and bones that happened to come under his foot. But decided not to test Nigel's fragile mind more than neccesary, so he stepped carefully through the bodies, trying to avoid any disgusting sounds. After a while, they reached a room with coffins along the walls.

"Y'know, this seems way too much like a trap for my liking. I'll bet... 'ere, I'll just loan one 'o your stakes..."

Redwick unceremenosly grabbed one of Nigel's stakes and threw it at the nearest coffin, hitting it somewhere in the middle. A blood-curling scream was heard, and the coffin opened to reveal a pale figure with oversized teeth and dry blood around its mouth. And the thrown stake through its heart.

"Vampires! Six..."

The kebabbed creature fell together in a dusty pile.

"...I mean five of 'em!"

The other five coffins bursted open, and out stepped five almost-naked vampires, hideously deformed, almost like ghouls. The looked hungrily at the trio.
Redwick Undersoor

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »
Five vampires, four stakes, not good.  Nigel's heart was in his throat and thoughts of Lisbeth were on his mind as his feet took him forward.  Stake raised high.  He ran at the first vampire swinging the stake downward towards the fiends heart with all the force his body could muster...

...and tripped three feet before he struck.

He slid across the hardpack floor in a heap.  The remaining stakes clattered loudly across the floor.  He scraped his arm, hot drops of blood struck stone.  The two nearest vampires jumped on him hin a frenzy drooling, eager for blood.

"REDWICK..." Nigel shouted "HELP!!"  He tried to fend off claw like hands that were propelled by supernaturally strong limbs...
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2006, 12:16:07 PM »
"GERROF 'IM, YOU FILTHY BLOODSUCKERS!"

Redwick drew his sword and charged the frenzied vampires. He hacked and hacked at them, but they didn't seem to care one bit and started to grab him as well.

"Darnit, darnit..."

Then he remembered something he had heard a long time ago.

"Garlic!"

He struggled to get his backpack open while the vampires closed in on his neck...

...and got it open.

"I was gonna save this for some cookin', but what the heck..."

He pulled out a garlic. The vampires screamed in horror and jumped away, clawing to the walls.

"There, that oughta hold 'em off. Here Nigel, take a piece and get to work with those stakes 'o yours."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »
Anya smiled as she she walked forward and then the room came and then the vampires. Anya changed immediatly into a weird kind of animal half dog half werewolf. she moved quickly round the room dodging one of the vampires which tried to grab her. she jumped onto it's back and sunk her teeth into it's shoulder making sure not to keep her mouth on the wound for long she transformed back into herself and thrusted one of her stakes through it's heart. It screamed and then turned to dust "right so that's four left right" she called making it into a game "Hey nigel remember to watch your feet as well as your enemy and charge unless you know you have an advantage" Anya smiled at him kindly and countinued as she had done before killing another as it ran for her again. She watched as Redwick backed 3 of the vampires against the wall. She walked slowly over and stood and watched as Redwick told Nigel to kill them now "Go on nigel nothing like a bit of practice" she stood and watched for a moment before turning to the door and walking towards it. this shouldn't be hard to open she thought to herself looking at the wood and testing the strength. Anya walked back a bit transformed into a large rhino and charged at the door breaking it clean off the hinges. In a blink of an eye Anya was back "easy" she said outloud looking into the brightly lit room there in the middle sat lucien and Sydney "Redwick, Nigel come here i think we found him" Anya grimaced as she walked into the room her face set deep with anger to this man. He wasn't even a man He was a monster. "Whats going on Sydney why are you just talking to him? Lucien didn't think i would see you again anytime soon. But obviously i was mistaken hey" she walked a bit further keeping one hand on the hilt of her sword and one on a stake getting ready to use it if needs be.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2006, 01:45:40 AM »
Nigel stabbed the vampire pinned to the wall with strength born of fear.  The creature shrieked in agony as the wood pierced its heart.  Nigel looked deep into its eyes and saw them turn inky as the being's foul soul fled to the underworld.  The creature burst into flames and before the body was consumed Nigel was stabbing the second and then the third.  He stalked after Anya, tears making paths down his grime covered face...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 07:30:15 AM »
"Anya! So good to see you again! Its been too long! Ha ha ha!" Lucien laughed. "I'm afraid I havent met the other two yet, although the stake man is familiar..."
 "Get to the point Lucien!" Sydney yelled. "Oh yes," Lucien said, as if only now remebering, "the point. I have a secret that I've kept from you Sydney, your brother is not only alive, he's one of us. But he has become a problem, you see, it seems he has made a pact with the Werewolves, He has become their leader and is leading an attack. He is some how gotten stronger, and I need you to stop him, talk it over with each other, and give me an answer.

Offline Redwick

• Adept
  • Merry half-dwarf
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2006, 07:48:50 AM »
"Werewolves? Those can be pretty nasty critters. Anyways... Lucien, was it?"

Redwick aproached the sinister being sitting in the chair quite nonchalantly, garlic in his hand just to be safe.

"Lucien, yeah, what kind 'o reward would we get for helpin' you? And don't give me that old "eternal life"-stuff, I want money. Or food, or just some place to sleep. And not a coffin, that's d**n uncomfortable."
Redwick Undersoor

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »
Anya stared at Lucien her face contorting with rage "you want us to help you win this war." she laughed evily "you have a nerve! You hurt our loved one's and our friends and you wish us to help you!" The light flickered as she spoke casting a long gruesome shadow of her slender form up on the wall. but it was different! the shadow had wing's, huge wing's spanning across the wall from side to side. As soon as it had appeared it had gone again. but it stayed long enough for the group and Lucien to see it.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2006, 09:03:49 PM »
"Well, what do you know? It seems your new friend hasnt told you something eh?" Lucien joked. The entire thing was a game to him. "I'm surprised, I never knew anyone to help a ghoul..." Sydney let out a low hiss. Nigel, Redwick, and Anya looked at him with surprise. Lucien had obviously known this would happen. "Oh, you did'nt tell them did you Sydney? Yes, it seems he is a ghoul, an evil being, fighting against those who hurt him long ago, ha, ha, ha, isn't it dramatic?"

"Lucien" Sydney began "what do you mean that Silas is getting stronger? Where has he been all this time?" Lucien shifted in his throne like chair before answering. "Silas was not killed along with your parents Sydney, Count Navarro thought he was your superior, and so he turned him to our side. Then turned you into his gaurd.

"What do you mean thought he was stronger? Are you saying My families death was not random!?" Sydney yelled. He didnt know what to think, his usual cool headedness escaped him.

"You mean you never knew?!" Lucien exclaimed, boy like wonder filled his eyes. "Your father was a retired vampire hunter. He killed many of my kind. During that that time ten years ago the Werewolves started to outnumber us, so Count Navarro came up with a plan to strengthen the Vampire ranks. His theory was that the strongest human makes a stronger vampire. So, he was put in charge in of finding strong humans to convert. You and Silas were among the first, unfortunately you hand injured him and drank a few drops of his blood. Remember? Thats how you were turned into a ghoul in the first place. You brother, however, became a strong vampire lord, and soon was one of the most powerful. While you layed around Navarro's castle doing meaningless chores, Silas was gaining more ground for us vampires."

"Then what?" Sydney asked. Lucien's smile had left his face. "Then he betrayed us, killing a good few vampire lords. Somehow he has aligned with the Werewolves, and gained more power for himself." Sydney was still a bit confused,  "What do you mean power? Has he got a large army or..."

"No" Lucien said, cutting him off, "He has exceeded the power a normal vampire has. It is impossable to do, only Dracula has that kind of power, but he has acheived it somehow. Thats why I need you, I am no tracker, but you are, and with their help you should be able to take him out before he gets more powerful for anyone to handle. Now make up your mind." Sydney wasn't really taking in all of what he had just heard, but he knew what he had to do."No Lucien" He said drawing his sword "I will first deal with you, then Silas. Ready! GO!!!     
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:08:31 PM by Sydney Cain »