llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Secret War.  (Read 23578 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
The Secret War.
« on: November 28, 2005, 08:31:55 AM »
 A war has waged on the lands of Isereth for centuries. The soldiers were unseen, unknown, but the damage they left behind was massive. On one side, the Vampires rule the underworld. On the other, the Werewolves fight for control. Werewolves are aided by the animals, while the Vampires use their servants-the ghouls. A ghoul was once a man turned dark with the blood of a vampire. Ghouls are faster, stronger, and have eternal life, as opposed to humans. Unfortunately, Ghouls are undead creatures, and from the minute they are turned they start to decompose.

I was once a servant to the dark forces. But My master was killed by a Vampire hunter, and I was free. I have dedicated my life to ending the war, by killing off both sides. I started my journey in the city of Drivedend. Unable to hide my rotting figure, I wrapped myself in bandages and put on my masters cloak. The first one on my list was Count Lucien, a very influential Vampire Lord.   
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:25:20 PM by Sydney Cain »
The strong survive and the weak will be slain. Which are you?

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
Re: The Secret War.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 08:33:28 PM »
Nigel was not a fighting man.  He was a tailor.  An honorable profession.  Nor was he a holy man.  The droning of priests and holy men bored him to tears.  He'd rather hang with his mates at the pub or spend time getting to know the young ladies of the small village he grew up in a bit better.  He was a handsome man with curly dark hair and green eyes.  The women swooned when he spoke and he had his pick of the lot.

But he chose Lisbeth.  She was the daughter of a millwright.  Stunningly beautiful, they were the perfect couple.  They were married last summer.  Their parents were of course, overjoyed at the union of their two prosperous families.  Nigel and Lisbeth cared not for the comparison of their families financial ledgers.  They were in love.  He was sick with love for her and she loved him in return.  He was not a religious man but the feelings she awoke in him were a moving experience, spiritual was the word he'd use had he to speak of it to others.  But he would not.  The smiles that made their home on his face those many months ago were absent now.

The steady rain soaking his clothes thru was a reminder of the tears he had shed when Lisbeth took ill and died six months ago.  She had met Lucien, a visting "Aristocrat" four weeks prior to her "illness"  This was something Nigel discovered through his through investigation into what had happened after the fact.

If Lisbeth had made a cuckhold out of him, if that were all, he would have been crushed.  Her affair with Lucien went far deeper than that.  Nigel was the sort that only believe what he saw.  Imagine to his horror when three days after Lisbeth was buried he went to her grave to see the ground churned up as if someone, something had climbed OUT of the freshly packed soil.  He knew not what to make of the boards of the oak casket splintered by a force that was stronger than any human live or dead had a right to be.

He pieced it together spoke to Father MacCallister, the local friar who, in hushed tones whispered the word, Vampire.  Nigel thought it rubbish at first.  The Father told him to leave it alone.  Lisbeth was a d**ned soul.  Lucien had taken her and there was nothing he could do.  Nigel talked to others travelled a bit.  Spoke with those who knew about the dark forces and the secret war.

He sat in the rain with a keen blade, wood shavings pooled about feet wearing sturdy boots.  The stake he had fashioned was three feet long.  Long enough to pierce the heart of a vampire in his coffin; in her coffin as well.  He placed the stake in the growing pile.  Who knew what horrors lay in the lair of Lucien?  Now that he was here he knew not how to proceed.  He was no hunter, bore no cross.  Still a skeptic, believing in what he saw with his own eyes.

Lisbeth was gone and he'd have revenge or die...and die...it didn't matter he had naught to live for.  All these months later and he didn't even know if he beleived in vampires.  When the sun came up he'd walk down to the manse in the woods below and find out for himself...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 08:45:26 PM by POG »
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 06:56:50 AM »
 Sydney approached the forest outside of town. Lucien was a powerful creature, he knew. But Sydney had new powers to draw from. Sydney was a ghoul, but also a man.
 He stood 6'0 tall, wrapped from head to toe in bandages. Only his short blonde hair stuck out of his head, like spikes. He left spaces for his eyes, and mouth. He would looked very much like a mummy had it not been for his master's cloak. Whip in hand, Sydney entered the forest, but stopped dead in his tracks. He saw a man. He let his whip down.       
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:31:40 PM by Sydney Cain »

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »
Something unseen, like the sixth sense Nigel thought was tomfoolery, caused the hairs on the nape of his neck to stand up.  The feeling of being watched descended like a smothering pillow.  He discerned a shadow in the pre-dawn gloom.  It was a large shadow, man-sized.Are you daft what else could it be but a man? The tailor arose on unsteady legs, heart hammering.  "H-Hullo?  Who's there?"...
"Pain can be your greatest ally, from pain you can learn to apply it, endure it and avoid it. Without pain there is no understanding of reality. If you never get hit with the things you strike out with every thing you know is pure fiction."

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 08:42:41 AM »
 Sydney smiled. I wonder what a man like that is doing here? He thought for a moment. It would be better if I stay unseen, he doesnt look like a fighter, but I dont want to kill him. Sydney started walking away when a howl erupted within the forest. d**n, thats not a good sign. I guess this just got complicated. and with that he raced into the woods.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 08:35:51 PM »
Nigel whirled, facing the dense foliage of the woods.  d**n wolves!  What the hell.  He had naught to protect himself other than than the stakes at his feet.  Swallowing back fear he looked towards the new unseen threat.  He had never heard of wolves being in this region before, and even so he had never heard of them attacking people.  So why was his heart beating so fast.  Such fear was unreasonable, his mouth was dry.  Sweat broke out on his forehead and mingled with the rain..

OOC: Sydney check your PM's
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 10:20:21 PM by POG »

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 07:03:05 AM »
 Sydney dashed through the woods, rebounding off trees, and even saving a fall. He could hear the howls ahead of him, but could not see anyone. If I fight before I get to the castle, I'm going to be pissed. He ran the rest of the night, the howls had lessened, but they could be heard from time to time.
 As the sun rose, so to did Lucien's castle. It was a mammoth of structure, the look it gave was forboding. Sydney was ready, a passion burned in his eyes like a demon, and he would soon have his revenge. 

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 02:11:21 PM »
Fear built like pressure in a boiling pot of water.  It was unreasoning.  What the hell is wrong with me?  Nigel snatched up his stakes and ran.  A mad dash through hard rain over uneven ground.  He struggled for balance falling twice.  Landing on his elbow and ripping the fabric of his coat and shirt, blood trickled from the wound.  The howls continued, growing closer.  Did he hear footfalls pursuing him?  Shadows beneath the trees dense canopy danced and capered like demons having a joyful dance at his discomfiture.  His lungs burned and heaved with the effort of his exertions as he scrambled through the dark wood.

The trees thinned out suddenly.  A sky filled with turbulent clouds pressed down oppresively as Nigel came to a clearing.  He had arrived...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 09:06:03 AM »
Again he sensed another near him, and sure enough, across him was the same man. There was no way he could hide himself in the sunlight, but he did not want to waste the advantage of the day. Lucien would be resting, and vulnerable. I guess I'll have to save him. A mad howl erupted behind him, Sydney jumped out of the way just in time to avoid the wolf's claws. Uncurling his whip, He lashed out at the beast, but it was nimble. They fought for a moment longer, when more howls erupted from the forest. The wolf howled back, and Sydney whipped it in the head. The wolf's cry was cut short as it lay motionless on the floor.
 "Stranger!" Sydney yelled "Come with me if you want to live!" He dashed in the mans direction, thinking on how to escape.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:37:11 PM by Sydney Cain »

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 03:23:16 AM »
Nigel's eye's nearly bulged from their sockets at the sight unfolding before him.  He beheld an apparition wrapped in bandages, and armed with a whip, doing battle with the largest wolf he had ever seen.  More howls sounded all around them.  He willed numb legs to move after the stranger...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Callista Miala Moonshade

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 09:08:15 AM »
Anya moved stealthily through the tree's towards lucien's castle. She was going to get him this time. she would teach him to kill her parents. She swung her black hair out of her face and countinued to walk. she wore a long black cloak, underneath she wore black hot pants covered by what looks like chainmail holding knifes, bottles, stakes and what looked like a very small silver box, she also wore a black bustier, covering her large chest. Anya was pretty, very pretty, but she did not pay attention to boy's or even men. Anya was 11 when lucien killed her parents, she had been away training to control her powers. Anya is a animagus, but she is not just any animagus, Anya is special. Most animagus can only change into one animal, but anya can change into any animal at any time, and her favorite is the dragon. Anya is now 19 and has been after lucien for 8 years. she has been up against him before but each time she has either been to badly hurt to countinue or he has fled. But this time it's going to be diffrent, she was going to kill him once and for all. Anya stopped her breathing hard, her heart racing. she could see two other people running away from... "dam it" Anya swore loudly. Werewolves, howls echoed around the forest as more approached. Anya transformed quickly into a large black wolf and ran forward straight into an oncoming werewolf, the other two would of seen Anya run out of the trees into the other wolf and start to fight but they would only think that it is another wolf. Anya threw the werewolf over her back and jumped onto it's stomach tearing at it's throat, with her own teeth and claws, the werewolf threw her off, blood pouring down it's front and jumped onto Anya biting at her neck, Anya tore at the beasts underside tearing a long gash down it's belly. The beast roared and rolled away onto it's back, Anya jumped on it again and tore it's throat out. The werewolf lay motionless, there were more coming to many more Anya would have to run. she ran off towards the other two and slowed down as she got level to them. she transformed slowly back into herself and stumbled slighty before righting herself and running she turned and winked at the other two.   
'What goes up!! Must come down,"

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 08:53:54 AM »
 What the hell is this? Sydney looked at the man next to him, then the woman. He shot a glance behind him, two wolves were following them, and two werewolves were heading for the castle.
 "Listen" he said looking forward again "We have two wolves on us, so when I give the signal either follow my lead, or" he added looking at the woman "run to safety." With that he pivoted on his heel, and and lunged at the two wolves.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 11:15:41 PM »
Not believing the dramatic battle unfolding before him, Nigel stood frozen in place, not daring to breathe...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 07:02:18 AM »
 Sydney lashed out in fury at the wolves, but they danced around him. "What are you waiting for!?" he yelled "This will take too long, I cant afford to get tired out now!" Sydney dodged a lunge by one wolf and slashed its underbelly, but the second wolf pins him to the ground and he struggles to hold back its snapping jaw. "Will one of you cowards help!"

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 05:27:50 PM »
Anya smiled "thought you would never ask. oh and i'm not a coward" she crowed, this time she transformed into a large rhino and ran into the side of the wolf pinning the man down going careful not to tread on the man himself. The wolf flew through the air and landed on it's side with a howl of pain but it was soon up again and charging again. In a blink of an eye the rhino had gone and the black wolf had reappeared. She shot quickly zigzagging from side to side, until she was to the side of the werewolf. She pounced and landed heavily on it's back bitting into the scruff of it's neck and then diving for the throat as well. that was one taken care of would this man run or countinue to fight. If he ran she would run, but if he stayed than she felt compelled to stay as well.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 08:40:56 AM »
Sydney got up, the wolves were dead, and only the castle remained. "I never thought I would see a women turn into so many things. I suspect you know about the Vampire in that castle or you would'nt of come. I wont stop you if you want to die in there, but you need to know what your up against" with that last remark he glanced at the timid man. "I am Sydney Cain, and I will not babysit anyone. If you want to come follow me, if you run away I wont care." Sydney gave them one last look, then ran off towards the castle.

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 01:14:14 PM »
Nigel looked at the gory spectacle of the slain wolves.  This was madness.  He looked at the retreating figure of Sydney.  He thought of Lisbeth's smile, the morning sun in her hair, the moist ground of her distrubed grave.
Lips compressed in a determined line, Nigel followed...

The Ares Chronicles

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 05:36:29 PM »
Anya shrugged "of course i know what i'm facing" she said to herself, she moved forward slightly and then began to run after the other two. This time it had got to be easier there were three of them and they were all after him. Anya smiled to herself as she ran and then transformed into a dog. a dobermann to be Precise a large black and tan dobermann. She caught up quickly and ran by the side of the obviously nervous man. Anya thought to herself i can't blame him. i was really nervous the first time i faced a vampire but he will get used to it. slowly yeah but gradually. mind that other man seems to of faced a few in his time Anya made a quiet bark of reinsurence to the man running next to her.

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 08:45:51 AM »
 Sydney was surprised to see both of them still there, he thought the man would be the first to leave. Sydney was starting to see some backbone in him. The woman, however, seemed to have her own agenda. He didnt trust her. As he approached the entrance, or what was left of it from the werewolves breaking in, he stopped. He again turned towards the people running with him.

"Look" He said "If your gonna tag along tell me your name, and why your here. I'll decide if you can come or not. I dont need another glory hunter who hasnt a clue what to do die in such a terrible way. Believe me its for your own good." He waited for a response, his eyes boring into the timid man.

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 05:03:52 PM »
"I'll go first" said Anya now transformed back into herself again. she stood straight and held her head high "My name is Anya Periwink. My reason for being here is that Lucien killed my family when i was 11. I have fought him many times before but none of these times i was successful and he has never been successful enough to kill me." she stopped for a moment "and i have heared a distant rumour of evil times coming and i have a feeling that it has something to do with vampires" Anya nodded "well that's my story!" she shuffled her feet patiently "so do i pass the test" she smiled micheviously "i can be very handy when i need to be" 

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 12:54:53 AM »
"M-My name is N-Nigel.  I'm but a simple tailor."  Nigel looked up at the rising sun and then squinted his eyes as he looked at the ominous bulk of Lucien's castle squating like an obscenity before him.  "I don't know why I'm here."  Tears welled to his eyes unbidden, summoned by emotions he thought were far away.  "My wife..."  His voice broke.  He walked a short distance away.  He turned toward Sydney, his tearful eyes strengthening with firm resolve, "I will go on even if the two of you do not."...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2005, 07:54:25 AM »
 As Sydney looked into Nigels eyes, he saw passion, raw emotion, streaming off him. That part of me died along time ago. But a tailor? Hhhhmmmmm. "You can both come, I doubt I could really stop you anyway. Nigel, stick close to me, but be warned-this will not be a cake walk." Then Sydney hurried down a corridor, as he followed it, his new company close behind him, he saw no sign of the lesser ghoul servants anywhere. Strange, its as if- "Aaaaarrrhhhh!" he screamed lashing out at a decaying Ghoul. "We walked into a trap, watch out for alot more!"       

Offline POG

• Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 02:41:07 PM »
Nigel's heart pounded his eye's bulged in alarm.  He stabed at the ghoul with wild abandon as the things fetid odor filled his nostrils.  A moldering hand looking like a thing long dead caught his arm in an icy grip.  The wooden stake Nigel had used looked as if it had done no harm to the creature...

The Ares Chronicles

Offline Sydney Cain

• Death Merchant
  • Journeyman
  • I'm one badass dude.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2005, 12:33:02 AM »
Crack! With a flick of his wrist his whip sliced off the ghoul's hand. "Be careful! Stab the heart, the heart man!" Sydney yelled, lashing out on the horde of ghouls around them. "We need to move, Anya can you clear a path for us!?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:46:38 PM by Sydney Cain »

• Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2005, 01:36:13 PM »
"pleasure" she said bowing a large smile on her face. suddenly a large elephant was standing in front of them. Anya began to move forward her huge feet crushing the ghouls underneath some of there hearts exploding in there own bodies. the corridor was quite small but Anya managed to clear a thick path through. the other two followed close behind. They were through anya changed quickly into the wolf she was in the beggining and forced her claw through the chest of one of the ghouls hitting it's heart, it screamed and fell to the floor.