llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?  (Read 12067 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2003, 11:50:54 AM »
I guess that's an improvement. At least he's in the right era.
So, what's his excuse,I mean reason, for using a lizard man?

BTW, has anyone established if this guy knows what a lycanthrope really is?
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2003, 04:01:32 PM »
Probability indicates that the munchkin likely doesn't know a lycanthrope from a hole in the ground. Nor a wand of magic missiles from a thermonuclear warhead, unless they're pointed at him, in which case he knows how to disarm them with one hand tied behind his back.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2003, 06:53:39 PM »
I did a rather lengthy posting (unusual for me, wouldn't you say Kassil?) on lycanthropes, quoting from the DnD Monster Manual (1e, since that is what I play).

He says the "lizard man" is something he made up....since I'm insisting that the lycanthropes be done by "my definition of them".  Now what do you suppose he meant by that?

BTW, Kassil, they made me a mod of the Welcome Wagon over at the old homestead......now I can have more free access to the fresh meat......errrrrr, new members and guide them around the forums. :wink:
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2003, 01:26:53 AM »
I'd say it means he'll be evidencing incredible strengths, superb natural armor, regenerative abilities, and wicked natural weapons, possibly including poisons.

Oh, and the ability to turn into an exploding dragon if he feels like it.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2003, 03:55:16 PM »
It might mean that he has the real deal. Maybe, just maybe, it's a were-lizard? It's something I've never seen done before. Hmm.

Anyways, that was my second thought. I think you're right on the money Kassil.
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2003, 04:50:35 PM »
Does he mean a Lizardfolk?

Bipedal, saurian humanoid swamp-dwellers? Cuz' there are so many lizard-man type creatures out there that I really doubt that he made it up. Who is he trying to fool? I bet he's 9 years old.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2003, 05:38:43 PM »
Oh, I'm sure he made it up.

By taking a normal lizardman, adding heavy scales for armor, long claws for weapons, big teeth for biting, a superior brain for magic and psionics, and some trollish blood for fortitude and regeneration.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2003, 09:20:57 PM »
Aah, yes. Well then.

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2003, 10:02:58 PM »
Too bad lizard (men or otherwise) are cold blooded and rely heavily on an external heat source to move faster that sludge.

I say keep the temperature handy as a way to keep him inline. Or make him molt now and then he can suffer from some sort of made up molting disability.  I don't know of any molting disability but I am sure you can make up something really distracting for him.

Maybe Lizard men (in your land) must eat a really big pig every month or so and then try to digest it slowly for a week before they can move any better then a severely pregnant beached whale.

I don't know if you will want to do this to him (da munchkin) but it is something for your bag of "Keep-inline" tricks
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2003, 02:09:42 AM »
Let's see, he can transform from a man to a large bipedal lizard, he's from a tropical climate, and so far he can heal just by touching...oh yeah, and leap onto a tree branch in one single bound.

But that rp thread has gone to hell in a handbasket...too many posters now going in different directions, no focus to any type of story.  The DM herself (not me btw) keeps throwing in a different scenerio before a previous one is dealt with.

C'est le vie.
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2003, 04:38:13 AM »
And undoubtedly even he thinnest branch will bear his weight, and if one tried to sneak-cut it out from under him with, say, a vorpal axe he'd leap off, land on your head, steal the axe and bury in your chest, and bound to another branch before the first branch hit the ground.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2003, 06:48:56 AM »
I should give you the link, so you can read it yourself....actually, he behaved himself during a battle.....I did the most damage to my opponents.  Hmmm, lets say I was a bit more descriptive on how I dealt with them. :twisted:

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2003, 01:19:40 PM »
I would laugh if the whole reason this guy is munchkin is because he didn't like the level of description.

I'd appreciate it you could post a link so that we can go and read for ourselves. It could help provide some further insight as to what the guy is thinking. At worsest, it'll be entertaining.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2003, 12:51:02 AM »
http://www.planetadnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=6070&forum=43&85

Here is the link to the rp thread I''ve been talking about.  Most of the description of his character's abilities were via PM, and I did not keep those.

Granted my rping in this thread is not up to my usual standard.

Opinions will be interesting, I'm sure.

http://www.planetadnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=6399&forum=43&12

This link is a discussion thread where he gives more detail on the character he wanted to introduce as a "lycanthrope".

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2003, 10:39:33 AM »
Well. That was certainly a good read. It sounds like your muchkin is becoming a real rpger. He needs t be a little more decriptive of the differences between his forms though...Ah well, you can't have everything

BTW is the forum/thread lycanthropes only or is any reasonable race acceptable?

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2003, 06:12:51 AM »
Unless stated in the guidelines of each rp thread, usually any race is acceptable.

I remember starting a Gothic Vampire thread, set in 1800's England, around the time of Jack the Ripper, and I stated "no magic".  Our Pixie Queen had a fit because she could not come into the thread throwing her pixie dust around, and enchanting all the vampires to her will.  But those who posted did well as various characters: vampires, servants, victims, a ninja assassin or two.

What killed the thread was the knight in plate mail who came riding into town on his gallant horse......can you guess who that might have been?

(hint:he likes to be an exploding dragon) :lol:

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2003, 10:50:36 PM »
If you want to take a dip into Sci-fi, try reading The Legacy of Heorot by Larry Niven and a couple other writers. There are some reptillian creatures in there that will make you pause for a moment when you think you can control them through the temperature.

My advice for whoever is dealing with the lizardman version of tarzan, take the seasons into effect and let the snow start falling.
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2003, 11:34:55 PM »
He may actually be coming around.... I love it when that happens!

Whenever a munchkin becomes a real RPer, Gary Gygax gets another pair of wings!

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2003, 06:42:02 AM »
This is a mad, twisted idea, only for dealing with mad, twisted people. (That was a warning.)

Let the munchkin do what he wants. He kills someone, come the guards. He kills the guards, comes the army. He kills the army (one-by-one or all at once, depends on the mood), come other folks, more powerfull. He kills anyone.

...time passes, blood flows in rivers.

Comes THE God, head of the local pantheon, WTF is he doing, killing everyone? I think we know what happens, after a hard fight, is the chief deity killed. Proclaim him Master of this World, now that he killed the former one. Give him a few additional destructive abilities.

Now the catch: (finally)

As he is bound to this world, like the former Master was, he cannot leave. Never. I mean never ever can he leave this blasted world. He did NOT take any creative abilities, if I guess rightly?

And the more 'fun' he has before he notices it, the more destroyed and empty is the world he rules. Used his powers too much?

Now you float in the emptiness. Around you slowly rotate the few rocks, all that remains from the world of .... .

And he cannot leave, never. He is immortal, too, by the way.

Should he ever succeed to destroy this 'dimension' or 'plane' (the place the former god created to contain the world), it means he dies with it , forever and absolutely dead.

May be a solution.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2003, 09:14:29 AM »
That was actually a tactic used in the Time of the Twins trilogy... Raistlin discovered that he'd destroyed all living things in the process of becoming the only god, and that being a deity of Evil, he couldn't create new ones. When he found it out (in the past) he let the god he was trying to take over from kill him, rather than drawing her through into the mortal plane and killing her.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2003, 05:56:16 AM »
Hmmm... possibly useful for those weird space/dimensional/plane -travelling settings.

Imagine them heroes arrive on a blasted world (or not even a world anymore), with only one inhabitant. And that powerful individuum might be there for quite a few millenia...

So he would be pleased, oh yes, with a bit of company after so much loneliness. A God, that destroyed his world, would not be much stable as a personality... after 5000 years he would be definitively MAD :evil: , craving company, nice to those that entertain him, horrible to those that do not...

And of course, he would like to keep them, forever. :twisted:

...Suddenly this reminds me of the novel I have no mouth and I must scream
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2003, 04:34:03 PM »
"So, mortals once again break the walls of the world. The Void is not kind for you, I fear, and only my protection keeps you still of breath. What has brought you stepping to my realm....My former realm..."

Offline Dark Demon God

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Re: Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2006, 02:52:49 AM »
Which person is this, so that if I ever create a game on PAD&D again, I can make sure that he's not in the game....

BTW longtime no speak, LWW.... And which name do you go by on PAD&D Kassil?

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 10:27:29 PM »
I was drawn to this thread because of its peculiar title. Curiosity got the best of me.
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves