llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?  (Read 11829 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2003, 08:31:35 AM »
They're those pugnacious-looking futuristic warriors with ludicrously thick plate armour and obscenely large guns. So: very appropriate for a high fantasy campaign, I'd have thought...

ephemeralstability!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2003, 04:30:58 PM »
What is a Warhammer 40K Space Marine doing in a fantasy setting?

By the way, I used to play Warhammer, and as far as I know, there is NO SUCH THING as a "mental lycanthrope" in Warhammer or elsewhere.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2003, 04:37:36 PM »
I think it's munchkin-speak for "wannabe god," or godmoder, as we know them
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2003, 04:39:58 PM »
What indeed my dears?  To have such a creature appear in a medieval setting.....even a werecreature would be shocked, and either attack it in a frenzy, or turn tail and run away!!!
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2003, 04:41:51 PM »
Are you sure? I mean....I thought you werebeasts were of a courageous sort....Being wild animal chaps and such.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2003, 05:48:32 PM »
Courageous, yes. Foolish, no.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2003, 08:50:27 PM »
I sees yer' point! Yarr! In fact, d'arr!!!

:dracoliche:

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2003, 12:08:12 AM »
Kassil idly hands the abomination-looking thing from CaptainPenguin's post a small gemstone - then trips the enchantment some distance away. I've always wanted to see what a combination of holy and fire magic looks like...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2003, 03:22:29 AM »
Found it! Rules for this player of yours, I am dead sure HE will like it!

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Role-Playing/Humor/Combat%20Monster
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2003, 06:15:31 AM »
Well, he's been told either play a lycanthrope the way it's supposed to, or just go away.  

As to Manfred's gaming rules for the munchkin:   :roll:   Just up the twit's alley.
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2003, 03:57:02 PM »
Indeed. Those are rules he'd love to live by...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2003, 05:37:44 PM »
If he's mentioned the stuff about Warhammer 40k, then I suggest you tell him his next opponent is the result of a Gene-stealer after meeting a dragon's god.

Genestealers are basically the aliens from the aliens movies. Just take whatever it is they've eaten and make it ugly, feral, insanely more powerful and faster, and give it a tounge with a mouth on it. And the genestealer he gets to face had dragon's god for a snack.

If that doesn't work, Rescue Him!

He some how ended up in your game f'ing things up, Space marines don't leave thier men behind! A space ship swoops in, extracts him ( forcibally if neccesary, with equal powered troops, space marines are also made in batches of too d**n many ), and whisks him away from you savages and back to the saftey of the future. To the theme of a Hughey Lewis song, if you like.

Gonna go back in time! Gonna go back in time! Yha!
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2003, 06:07:07 PM »
Wahaha.  I've seen the Combat Monster rules befre!  Yay!

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2003, 11:41:16 AM »
Hmm. Looking all this over makes me wonder if I'm in danger of becoming a munchkin DM. I've got an NPC that is capable of world destruction.  :oops:

Kinda makes me wonder though if it's possible to balance a munchkin-esque charater/play in a game? What kind of restrictions could you put on them that the player might not overly object to but still lower them into the light of reasonability? Maybe you could try that with your 'marine' problem. Is there any sort of restriction you could get him to agree to that would make him less powerful then he might realize?
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2003, 07:51:45 PM »
I wouldn't worry, Fiokar, when I was a munchkin DM I had a room full of lizard men and minotaurs (I think there were 20 of each) for no reason at all. This was followed by a little cubbyhole containing three wraiths. I was only about 9 at the time, but still...

And anyway, just because you have NPCs capable of world annihilation doesn't make you a munchkin: George W Bush is perfectly capable of wreaking havoc on a global scale and no-one thinks he's...oh. Hmmm...

ephemeralstability!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2003, 08:09:49 PM »
I think George W. Bush is a munchkin. He is also an idiotic, mindless, buzzword-spewing, baboon.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2003, 09:44:51 PM »
I can understand why you think GW is a munchkin.  In fact, I share something of the sentiment.  But keep in mind that some of the patrons of the Citadel might be pro-Bush.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2003, 02:54:52 AM »
...He's a distant cousin of mine. Personally, I'm of the opinion his branch should've been pruned a long time ago.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2003, 04:27:55 AM »
You know, RPGs are meant to be different from the real life...

One more reason to not not allow certain characters.

And if they still want to have the power to destroy worlds... Tell them they shall become politicians. :twisted: :shock: :)  :roll:
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Fiokar_Dracolas

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2003, 11:18:54 AM »
Actually he's an NPC who shows up once and awhile and points the PCs in the right direction. The world destruction capabilities are just so that I can use him as my own version of blue lightning
Anything is possible. Anything at all. However, probability is another matter....

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2003, 03:59:59 PM »
Having the power to destroy the world is not the same thing as being a munchkin, as long as you are responsible about it.

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2003, 09:48:12 PM »
Yes, I agree with Ria. Look at Q in Star Trek TNG or Sauron in the Lord of the Rings. Both have the power to destroy (or at least ruin) the world: for Q it is simply an interesting facet of his character, for Sauron it is the basis for the terror which grips Middle Earth. They're not munkchins: sometimes it's necessary to have infinitely powerful beings, just to make PCs realise how mortal they themselves are.

ephemeralstability!

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2003, 10:26:31 PM »
The best way I have seen to find game balance when munchkins want to play is : DON'T LET THEM

Get the sheets ahead of time if they "know" how to make their own characters, or just make your first meeting for character creation.

You are the DM, you have the veto. Tell them no.
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline forgottengods

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2003, 06:46:57 AM »
well  is like agar said and if you let them play give them a chance if they are still doing their bad stuff just like metallica says kill´em all!! :twisted:
the new gods of palladium have arrive  you can run and hide but soon you willl die.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2003, 08:13:55 PM »
After the other posters backed me up, he ditched his "space marine", but he's now back as a "Lizard Man".