llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?  (Read 11722 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/index.cgi
    • Awards
Is Robocop really a Lycanthrope?
« on: March 08, 2003, 01:17:44 AM »
Here's an rp dilemma I've encountered at another site, dealing with a very spoiled munchkin player (Kassil - you know exactly who I'm talking about).

Anyways, the rp thread deals with lycanthropes, a weretigress, a young male werewolf, and me, the older, wiser werewolf...taking the other two under her charge so to speak.  When along comes this poster who says that his character is a knight, who is a lycanthrope because his human body is able to fuse with his plate mail armor.

Then he states that when he does this, he is in a berserker mode, cannot be reasoned with, controlled, is unstoppable....and basically can kill all of us in a whim.

In pm's I've told him that this is totally ridiculous, but he wants to persist with the character....should I push that the other posters ignore him, continue to try and talk sense into him, or just leave the rp thread altogether???
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 04:57:38 AM »
Personally, Lady Wolf, I'd suggest first trying to get the others to ignore him... Then, if they insist on including him, leave yourself. You know as well as I that there's no reasoning with that twink.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 09:55:24 AM »
What would a DM do in the same circumstances? They would first use subtle ways to bring the character into line (like making his armour stick to him permanently so he can't get a shower, go to bed or anything so he'd end up a stinking wreck. OK maybe that's not so subtle) or if that doesn't work (and I know there are some discussion boards where the posters are so obstinate and extreme that it's just impossible) then get the moderator to either delete his messages or place a warning each time he posts (like the sci.physics usenet group do with James Harrison). I'm sure your fellow players would be just as annoyed with him as you are, so they'd be more than willing to ignore his posts. But don't leave a good game just because of a single player!

ephemeralstability!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 02:57:48 PM »
This guy has ruined many an rp thread with his munchkinism, as Kassil can well atest to.  The moderator says she is "too busy" to check the posts, and if anyone doesn't like it, to go to Masspbem, which is more structured.

I'm sure it doesn't help that he is one of her favorites in the cybersex arena :evil:

Ok, I'm being catty....but she just lets her favorites get away with everything.
The moonlight reflects off her silvery-blue fur, tis the she-wolf stalking through the night.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 04:12:29 PM »
If the thread is already ruined...maybe join the fun?

Create youself so that when you eat spinach and grip your sword just right you transform into the blade. A single touch of any part of your body causes damage, any hit or missile weapon that hits you deflects off your body like it was blocked. The only way you can be damaged is to be thrown into a forge that created the sword in the first place, but it was created in some barbarain village in the waste so it is impossible to destroy.

Or counteract his silliness. Say you are the essense of calm that nobody can resist. Once in your sphere of influence the most rabid dog, the most crazy evil, the most berserked ignorant person is instantly calmed. There is no save and no chance of getting through the sphere without weeping at the serene beauty of you. Or maybe it only applies to people wearing plate mail with a bloodlust.

You get my point. If the thread is worth abandoning, maybe try and have some fun with him before you leave. Then again, if it won't bother him, then it probably is not worth doing. If everybody is involved then maybe it could be fun.

Everything he says he does, don't ignore it, but brush it aside with an equally implausible situation. He berserk and says he destroys your home or kills you, say it was an illusion or something. Basically so that his actions become totally ineffective.

If this will dirty your name and nobody does this, then bad idea to start with. Don't know they whole situation and wouldn't suggest it if it would affect you in other threads etc.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2003, 07:07:24 PM »
The majority of people at the site respect my rping ablility, so for me to purposely act silly, or nasty, would indeed make me look like nothing else but a fool.

Right now there is a discussion thread on the subject of putting more rules onto the rp forum.  So we shall see, what we shall see.

But thanks for all the advice.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 04:55:41 AM »
Somehow, I rather fear that the effort will come to naught, if the moderator is who I recall it to be; if it is she, then she shall let her chosen ones get away with blind murder and rape while quashing those who lack her favor.

Such are the problems of letting the overly sensual gain power over others, I fear. Or, for that matter, letting any but those who dislike power gain it. Too oft is it treated as a right to be abused, rather than a burden to be carried.

Still, I wish you luck against the hatchling.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2003, 09:50:55 AM »
Aye Kassil, you are quite correct in the mod I am dealing with...and her favorites run riot through the RP Forum.  She claims to not have the time to maintain the postings, or to enforce the rulings.....and says I should be quiet or go somewhere else...for good.

But my beloved one has contacted the web master about becoming a mod for the forum himself, and he warns, if this becomes so, that no favoritism will be shown...not even to myself.   As it should be!!!

I've started many a good tale over at Planet, and many enjoy rping with me...it would be a shame to lose it all over such nonsense.

We will see, what we will see.

*looks among Kassil's hoard*  Aaaah!!  Chocolate glazed. :D

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2003, 05:51:47 PM »
I HATE MUNCHKIN ROLE-PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
UUUUUUUUUUUUURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2003, 07:47:01 PM »
Can you get munchkin roleplayer? I thought munchkins were by definition incapable of roleplaying. We've never had to put up with any crazed weirdos on this board (touch wood!). I wonder who our first one will be...

Fortunately we've got a good enough moderator to mean they won't have any effect when they arrive... :wink:

ephemeralstability!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2003, 08:22:04 PM »
And if I can't handle it I will find sombody(s) that can. I have no urge to put up with ignorance that disrupts others. If he is as bad as you say, would probably test out the ban IP, user ban, some other cools stuff the board has  :twisted:

Maybe you can post a link to the thread so we can sneak a peak at what he is doing and we can make fun of him better.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2003, 11:29:17 PM »
I've asked him to post the stats on this "lycanthrope" he's invented...if he does, than I will gladly post the link here.

As to myself, munchkinism is one thing I have not been accused of. I prefer variety, so try and establish a different character for each new rp thread.  I interact with each character as well as I can, work with the story line, and discuss via pm, im or email.

The only complaints I have received on my rping is from the defender of the munchkins, as Kassil can probably attest to.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 05:00:42 AM »
Please do not forget that if someone changes the Universe too much, gods are likely to have an eye on that individuum. Maybe, sooner or later, one will actually come around and ask, what the hell is he doing? You should make him clear that this one can just 'blow his candle out', so to speak. That could force him to role-play... maybe. Godly intervention may not be the thing you seek, though.

• How did he become this monster? This is no natural creature, even for a lycanthope. You could be a simple farmer before becoming a werewolf. He MUST have some history with this kind of character.
  • What makes him turn berserk? He must be precise about this.
  • If it is predictable, everyone is going to hide if he turns. Berserk means no intelligence to speak of, so everyone simply hides and he destroys what he can around.
  • Make him feel bad. Do some innocent NPCs live nearby? Most people do not want to be known for slaughtering villages, including children etc.
  • Force friendship or responsibility. Does he have any relatives? His little cousin Timmy that admires him? His whole family living next door? An old friend, companion from his adventuring years? Some animal that likes him (for some mysterious reason :? )? He should understand that blind rage does not choose.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2003, 06:58:21 AM »
When he first arrived on the scene, he consistently played a dragon who, upon not getting his own way, would post that he explored, destroyed the entire realm, and killed all.....therefore destroying the thread itself.

Then he started posting as a Knight in plate mail armor who defeated everyone, and anything.  If you stated "I slash your arm", he would come back with, "No, you did not.  I run you through the heart, and you die".  If OOC arguing ensued, the knight would then turn into the exploding dragon and......I think you can figure out the rest there.

Now, he's a Knight, who's armor can become one with his body, his blood can be drawn and made into poison or acid. And here is where I become totally confused, he says his character is a "mental lycanthrope".  What is that?  I've asked him to explain, but he's not making much sense to me.

I used my werewolf character on one thread, and received great compliments on the detailing I put into her, and the interaction with other characters...so I believe I have the lycanthropy down enough to be able to say that the munchkin is way out of line.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2003, 02:34:17 PM »
I am sad to inform all of ye who've ne'er been to the forums in question that the munchkin in question is a true munchkin, in that if a god pops up to challenge him, he'll 'kill' the god or throw a tantrum, turn into an exploding dragon, and raise hell until the thread dies, or thrash around until people try to get both him and the person who brought the god into play to go away.

You can't make him feel bad about the deaths of innocents; the last RP I as in that he was involved with, he was gleefully destroying an entire plane of existence, and claiming that only Old Chaos, the Creator and Destroyer of All, had enough power to stop him.

As for background - if pressed, he'll pull some mind-numbingly dense excuse for a history from someplace better left unmentioned and beat the questioner with it, exploding and having a screaming fit if necessary to get his way.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2003, 04:08:19 PM »
I get so ANGRY with munchkins.............

Munchkin players make Penguin MAD!

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2003, 06:28:41 PM »
Thank you dear Kassil for adding the finer points to my munchkin problem.

On another note, he has volunteered to leave this new character behind if I leave the rp thread.  Seems he would rather give up the munchkinism, for now, then lose me as a participant.  Is this a good thing, who knows???

But for me, I try to bring interest into my characters, and research things so I do not make a total waste of it.  But I do welcome "creative criticism", as I've only been doing rp for 10 months now....so am still in a stage of learning.      :)

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2003, 07:04:16 PM »
Wow! 10 months? You make it sound like you've been at it for years the consideration you give to the details of your characters! People often start off as munchkins and then develop into decent players! I know I was a munchkin DM when I started...:)

ephemeralstability!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2003, 09:51:14 PM »
For all my shouting, I, sadly, was also a munchkin DM, until I saw the light of reason.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2003, 10:16:40 PM »
Sadly enough, to be honest I don't know if I was a munchkin at first or not; I had no other players around, really, to determine the munchkinization of my development. By the time I was around an actual group, the vast majority of an munchkin urges had bled off, aside from the occasional fit of it to counteract purebred munchkins...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline drphluid

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2003, 10:39:26 PM »
I have to admit that this munchkin that you describe sounds completely worth messing with.  I would like to cause him to explode every time I see him.  In my mind a thread cannot die until those interested in continuing it stop being interested in continuing it.

Have any of you considered logging on with multiple profiles and creating your own group of anti-munchkin posters.  Then when you say I cause you to explode inside a vacuum sphere that is inescapable and indestructible, that can not be avoided, dodged, or fooled.  You are stuck within it you explode with rage and are dead, never to be heard from again.  You ghost is trapped in the indestructible sphere that promptly disappears to a plane of existence that has nothing in it but this sphere, bye-bye munchkin. Then let him rant and rave, as you ignore him.

This munchkin sounds like my toddler on her worst day.  When she throws a fit, I ignore her until she is more reasonable.
If I am wrong, it is probably because you misunderstand me

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2003, 03:26:10 AM »
Ah, but any antimunchkin group would just get shouted down by the majority, being told that if they don't like it, they should go elsewhere. Moreover - the favorites of the moderator of that forum are allowed to get away with murder, but others are curtailed.

The munchkin in question is favored by said moderator because he apparently has some ability to babble in a vaguely coherent fashion in cybersex sessions...

These are a large part of why I abandoned those forums to the munchkins, egotists, andtheir ilk and moved here, where I find a distinctive lack of such irritants... Thus far, everyone I've met on this forum has proven to be interesting to talk with...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline manfred

• Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2003, 05:17:35 AM »
I wanted to suggest another solution, but after all I heard (exploding dragons? :shock: ), I am not sure anymore.

Anyway, here it comes:

Steal his armor!

So he can become one with his armor? Take it away. Does not have to be a big fight or something, it can happen while he sleeps. He surely does not sleep in his armor, does he?

:shock: He DOES sleep, I hope so at least?

That does not solve that bit about exploding dragons, obliterating everything in existence, I guess.

Offline manfred

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2003, 06:23:30 AM »
People like this have perhaps most fun if they can spoil other's fun. Reminds me of certain thoughts in the Evil thread...

What remains is to do ugly things. I guess I call upon my Evil twin to offer some solutions:

• Accuse him of being unable to create anything. (A way to make some obnoxious player a DM, for a while at least.)
  • Pick a system, and everyone has to announce his character's stats. Not fun, but a limit for every stat can be easily given here.
  • Similar limit for items, and some limit for special abilities.
  • All characters have to be mortal.
  • Do various ugly things to that character only. If some innocent dies, let him speak a dying curse, that robs him of all his powers. Steal that stupid armour, the destruction weakened economics in such a way that no one can create such an armour again. :twisted:
  • Find a bigger munchkin, and coerce him into a fight against this one. May be REALLY hard, but if you manage it, have fun watching them!
  • Remove that guy from there, if possible.

And finally: If you don't like it, go elsewhere!

Creating a forum is (technically speaking) not too complicated. Hard it is to find people to use it. A certain Citadel dweller I chatted with mentioned creating a forum just for these purposes (freeform RPing). So, all is not in vain.

Offline Lady Wiccan Wolf

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2003, 07:21:37 AM »
The riddle has been solved, this "mental lycanthrope" is a Space Marine from Warhammer 40K that was somehow teleported back in time to the middle ages.

Ummmm, what's a Space Marine? :?