llamaenterhear

Author Topic: SharpE  (Read 1450 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
SharpE
« on: November 19, 2005, 08:28:25 PM »
I have been a fan of litestep for a good 6 years or more and have tried hundreds of different litestep themes but they always seemed laggy, buggy, ugly, not exactly what I want, a pain to customize (when you just want to see if you can use it) and just amateurish all around. The latest incarnations have been better with autoinstallers and easy theme installation and change but you always had
to basically stick with what the theme maker created.

So, tonight I couldn't find any themes I liked, they were buggy, too minimal, not minimal enough and just annoying. Then I accidently stumbled on SharpE which I have never heard of previously.

Wow, like night and day. Easily customizeable from a simple menu system, fancy graphics and icons, themes to choose from that you can further modify. Some support for a dual monitor system (litestep sucked for that) and more promised. A ton of little plug-ins and ways you can add stuff to the desktop. A little memory intensive but it is VERY pretty to look at

http://www.sharpe-shell.org/content.php?content.9

If you have never tried an alternate shell to windows this is worth a try for certain. Easy, quick install and seems very stable. Not saying "this is the one" but it is a very sturdy alternate that I plan to explore for awhile.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: SharpE
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 07:17:07 PM »
SharpE absolutely rocks. Just thought I would mention that. Loaded it and haven't turned back. Got a little weather module on the desktop with the graphic for the current weather and I customized it to show just about everything.

I am a super minimalist when it comes to my desktop and the 3 low profile status bars are simple to hide and easy to redisplay. For dual monitor I have no use (it is not supported anyway) the virtual desktops but for single desktop environments the virtual desktops would rock.

If you haven't tried it I highly suggest it!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: SharpE
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 08:43:18 PM »
It is great, I've got it running on my laptop.  I love it.  Its real easy to do too.
For the love of meat, shut up! No one wants to hear your emo character background! My hands are literally melting away, and I'm complaining less than you!
—K'seliss, Goblins