llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Design a Room!  (Read 4133 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline JMFD

• Nomad
    • Awards
Design a Room!
« on: February 27, 2003, 04:53:43 AM »
Hi All,

I'm running an adventure where the party is placed inside a chaos sphere for a proportion of the dungeon... basically, each room will be completelty randomly determined from a list of about 100...

The only problem is I have closer to 50...

Its a 3e D&D game with a level 8 party..

HELP!
Stand with the strong, but stand for the weak

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Design a Room!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 06:23:10 AM »
That is a lot of rooms...BUT

http://dmg.dfxwebs.com/

just happens to have a pretty darn cool net book that I think will take care of your problems ;-)

Love to see some though if you have some ideas. I would suggest submitting them to that site too.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Design a Room!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 04:17:06 AM »
I might also suggest the Grimtooth's Traps book series... Each one has a selection of room and corridor traps which are encounters unto themselves...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Might I suggest...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 04:40:22 AM »
1) goto your 3rd edition book and swipe rooms from the example dungeon section AND the room generator chart that I think is still in 3rd ed.

2) Look at your bookshelf.  Select one idea based on the book and build a room after that.  

Hobbit:  The room has a low roof, even the dwarf must hunch over.  Yet, there is a thin miniature dragon in it.  It can fight at full capability, you can not.

You get the idea.

3) Look up a Tarot deck and create a room based on the pictures of the major arcana and many of the minor arcana.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Me again. Found what I was looking for before.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 06:14:07 AM »
http://www.ddream.com/traps/TrapManager.asp

Lots of Traps here and the rest of the page is okay.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Bloodredblade

• Rocker extrodanaire
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
Design a Room!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 12:09:16 PM »
Succubus stones: a powerful succubus sorceress once sought a way to draw more people to her without the use of minions and without having to lift a finger.

The players encounter a room, octagonal in shape. in the center is a great red ruby. upon checking the stone and the surrounding area multiple times, the party, two warriors and a thief, finds nothing odd about the stone or the room, save that there is a large free ruby. As one warrior reaches for it, it begins to produce beautiful and unearthly singing. they are all forced to draw closely around the pedestal. As they get as close as soon as they can possibly get, the song turns into an unearthly wail, paralyzing the players. The succubus then comes to strip the players of their flesh and souls.
I hold all the cards but the joker;and he mocks me so.