llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Campaign/Scenario idea  (Read 846 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline penguin133

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Campaign/Scenario idea
« on: August 09, 2005, 02:43:08 PM »
Just to introduce myself, my name is Ian Winterbottom, from Bolton, England, and I've had the idea for a campaign of a Crusader-style game - but IN REVERSE, with the PCs either as part of the defending forces/population or even as the "persecuted" heathen/heretic population trying perhaps to complete some quest or deliver some item which will "save the situation", drive out the invader, etc. Plenty of room to make the party into hunted fugitives, making their task much harder - or more interesting!
Ian
Wargamers do it over a table!

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
Hola!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 04:45:19 PM »
Salve, and welcome to the forums! I'm Chaosmark, a newer member here. I think you'll like the forums, and encourage you to introduce yourself both in the chatroom(s) AND in the Welcome Section of the forum.

As for your idea, I believe it might be interesting to try, insomuch as no-one typically does the defending aspect of wargames. I rather like the idea, and suggest you add it to the Ideas section of the submissions, that way everyone can see it without it being lost in the clutter that is Strolen Forums.

G'day.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Campaign/Scenario idea
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 06:42:06 PM »
So Ian/ Penguin, what are you looking for in the way of help? You have the basics down, as long as your setting is somewhat up to speed, this one should not be a challange to set up.

Do you need help with some aspect of this specifically (world creation, plot, character design), or are you pretty much set to go?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline penguin133

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Scenario
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 07:25:55 AM »
I am afraid I do little playing, due to lack of someone to play WITH, just thought I would suggest the idea. It would indeed be novel to play the comparatively "Baddie" side of a game, as PCs are used to being "Heroes"; which of course they still would be from their point of view, but not from that of the current "Powers that Be"! It could also make for a novel assortment of characters,  for instance a Paladin, who might have trouble adjusting to the idea he is not a well respected Mister Wonderful after all, and might find himself allied with the hitherto despised Rogue who has "contacts" and could be the means of finding our fugitives somewhere to hide and a means of travel, documents or the like? Even aboard a smuggling or Pirate vessel? A Wizard might find himself up against a highlevel Evil Cleric or Shaman on the opposing side, or vice versa; while a Druid might find his Neutrality severely tested! I will try to copy this into the flesh it out section, as that is where Moonhunter has put it; he's right I think.
Ian

Offline penguin133

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Campaign idea
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 07:28:05 AM »
d**nation, it's already here! I hope someone can get some mileage out of the idea. I'll work on it a little more myself, have had some thoughts overnight...!
Ian