llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tasks at hand and things to do  (Read 3942 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Tasks at hand and things to do
« on: August 07, 2005, 05:51:37 AM »
Here I will post a list of the tasks that must be done.

-Clarify "Of Dreams"
-Clarify "Of Saints"
-Improve all posts in the Organization thread
-Create the "Herbs, plants, minerals, gases and liquids" thread (concerning the Pollen and Spores idea)
-Create books for equipment thread (duellists guide (capes, bucklers and main gauches))
-Acaian Duel Sword for equipment thread
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 03:41:10 AM »
Clarify "Of Spirits"

03:57:15  [manfred]  "Men does not need a love spirit to love, the wind does not need a spirit to blow, nor does the Mountain need a spirit at all..."

03:57:15  [Roack]  *There's

03:57:40  [manfred]  - vs - "These souls are what keep creation alive. Without his soul a man cannot walk, nor do anything else for that matter, a tree would wither and die."

03:58:03  [Ancient_Gamer]  Yes, it is ambiguous

03:58:04  [Roack]  That is a little cantradictory

03:58:20  [Ancient_Gamer]  No

03:58:30  [Ancient_Gamer]  I have explained myself poorly

03:58:46  [Ancient_Gamer]  There are two genres of spirits

03:58:49  [manfred]  Ah, yes, noticed the detail... only ambiguous.

03:58:51  [Ancient_Gamer]  The greater spirits

03:59:02  [Ancient_Gamer]  and the lesser spirits

03:59:29  [Ancient_Gamer]  The lesser spirits (our souls and those of animals and plants) are bound to our shape. Without souls we die

03:59:36  [Roack]  ah, so the greater love spirit allows for all love, and a man without a love spirit

03:59:53  [Roack]  while still capapable of love, would be a bit blackhearted

04:00:01  [Roack]  right?

04:00:43  [Ancient_Gamer]  The greater spirits drift about, from host to host, inspiring, maddening, the essence of what they embody

04:01:01  [Ancient_Gamer]  Let me use an allegory

04:01:35  [Roack]  feel free

04:02:08  [Ancient_Gamer]  Take the spirits out of the world and it would fade. Creation would become a dreary place. People would still love, but seldom head over heals. The wind would still blow, but it would feel dead and strangely quiet

04:02:21  [Ancient_Gamer]  heels

04:02:47  [Roack]  Okay, I think I'm getting it now

04:03:13  [Maggot]  So they add that extra imetus?

04:03:24  [Maggot]  impetus*

04:03:26  [manfred]  So spirits are "the real things".

04:03:34  [Roack]  Lesser spirits are life, Greater spirits have and inspire life

04:03:34  [Maggot]  A jolt so to speak?

04:03:41  [Maggot]  Ahh.

04:04:05  [Ancient_Gamer]  Good one Roack

04:04:13  [Roack]  Thank you

04:04:24  [manfred]  They embody their principles... (ok, they have no body, but you know what I mean)

04:05:00  [Ancient_Gamer]  Greater spirits are also larger than life... Titans of mythological magnitude... Yeah, just like that manfred

04:05:22  [Maggot]  A spirit for everything.. Interesting...

04:06:00  [Roack]  So say I see a chick and suddenly inexplicably fall in love with her. A greater love spirit must have entered me, right?

04:06:04  [Ancient_Gamer]  If you look at the "The People and their cultures" thread, you will see a Spirit of the Mist applied to the setting

04:06:15  [manfred]  So in theory (long-long ago) maybe there was no love or similar things between the peoples, but as the spirits intervened, it has become a part of their own nature. ?

04:06:26  [Ancient_Gamer]  If it is head over heels madly in love, it is very probable, yes

04:07:01  [Ancient_Gamer]  The gods created the greater spirits before they created the lesser

04:07:17  [Maggot]  Sounds a bit like Native American shamanism..

04:07:38  [Roack]  Or shintoism

04:07:42  [Ancient_Gamer]  Perhaps. I was inspired by the Greek Gods

04:08:02  [Ancient_Gamer]  And their larger than life emotions

04:08:30  [Ancient_Gamer]  Such spirits create tremendous possibilities, plot and backgroundwise

04:08:43  [Roack]  Makes sense, the greek gods also interacted with mortals very often (specially Zeus, sleeping around)

04:09:47  [Ancient_Gamer]  Sorceresses can call upon them and bind them to their service. What does the Warlock with the Storm spirit slave do with his power? What happens when a player angers a Spirit of the Earth by spitting on his holy shrine (just a circle of stones)?

04:10:22  [Ancient_Gamer]  Additionally I read the sagas of the ancient samurai. They featured God-Spirits much like my spirits
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 03:46:14 AM »
Translocation and Teleportation states that teleportation can only be made through nexuses, while the "Ethenorden" use mists to translocate.

Explanation is in order. (The mists utilize existing Wild Conduits and the Ethenorden stay close to those. Hence the Ethenorden are among the worlds most adept and cunning at Translocation).
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 11:11:48 AM »
Question asked by manfred (I seem to recall): How can the Angels be known to mankind, when they have never been outside Heaven?

Revised answer:
a) The Gods have told their priesthood of the Angels (a different version altogether than the one described in the setting backgroun).

b) The plight of the Angels is such a powerful, cosmic event, that seers and prophets alike can sense the suffering of the smitten concubines and the depravity of the Angels.

c) Chainbreaker has on two occasions escaped slavery and fled for long moments of eternity. There are recounts of these journeys; different wanderers accompanying him on his journey, and different incidents and wars fought in the wake of his passing.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 08:10:40 PM »
-Create the desert legends about sandstorms and about the Aoktholian.

-Create the "Faerie in the spring water". A Spirit that desires your soul, for she has no emotions of her own and she feeds of the emotions of captured souls... Each sip of water is addictive, and piece by piece she will enslave the imbiber to her will. With time the victim will drown in her sweet, addictive embrace (drown himself).

-Begin fleshing out the existing organizations, beginning with the monks of Ketange-Ishatal

-Item: The History book of the fallen city of Ûr-Kanesh, now considered an illegal body of work within the Empire.

-Detail Magic Rituals
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 01:03:38 PM »
Funny ideas in the wake of Captain's reply to my request for feedback:

A) Create 1 scenario and 1 tale related to each mythological kind of entity.

Purpose:
To show something about what these things really are, and to show how they can be really cool and fun to use.

B) Photoshop and draw forth a world map fitting the setting.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 12:49:33 AM »
Table top player feedback:
-Let national borders between Kingdom and Northlands as well as Kingdom and Empire be thicker than the province borders
-Add capitals
-Notify which nations exist on the map
-Add disputed border areas

Will add another map too: The War Map
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 01:36:31 AM »
02:29:24  [manfred]  Approaching Eternals to to gain their ancient knowledge.

02:29:48  [Ancient_Gamer]  Ah, I remember

02:30:02  [manfred]  As they like silence, must be done with repeating the same question over and over.

02:30:42  [manfred]  Which disturbs their dreams, until they reply... or wake-up slightly annoyed.

02:30:44  [Ancient_Gamer]  Do you think it would fit best as a plot possibility or as an ancient legend (or possibly both, the players using the old legends to find a way to deal with the Eternal)

02:31:13  [CaptainPenguin]  I think both would work well.

02:31:22  [manfred]  Ditto.

02:32:11  [Ancient_Gamer]  Haha, "what if" they followed the ancient legends, but actually the Eternal they awakened was terribly, terribly irate

02:32:29  [CaptainPenguin]  It's a cool idea.

02:32:37  [Ancient_Gamer]  "Hey Guys, let us torment that bastard some more. Wait! What is tha....*"

02:32:47  [CaptainPenguin]  Especially if the Eternals busted out some otherworldly asskicking.

02:33:34  [Ancient_Gamer]  They suffer from migraine and sound hurts them, despite their power

02:33:49  [manfred]  Hmmm... what if they also need to concentrate (with their thoughts) on the question? Not just mindless repeating?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Rally! All to the flag! All to the flag! Defend the King!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 04:08:10 PM »
A Call to Arms:
This is a message to those of you who wish to contribute to the setting, but are unsure what to do.

These are sample things that you could work on should you desire to do so:
-Berber themed Obaayn Desert tribesmen and settlements
-Imperial Mercenaries (the empire is Ottoman arab themed, the province of Belemar is Roman themed and the Conquered lands is fantasy city state themed).
-Some monsters that can be created (no limits on your imagination);
--->The Freshwater Kinrach
--->Obaayn Spirit Wyrm
--->Morchyn Floating Marshlights (Morchyn is a swamp in Silmar and mentioned in the Silmar description)
--->Grey Hills Brown Back Wyvern
--->Obaayn Basilisk

Cheers!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!