llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Spy Key  (Read 1300 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Cardillotang

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Spy Key
« on: August 03, 2005, 07:04:26 PM »
How about a key....that not only configures to any key hole, but allows you to see whats hapening on the other side of the door?

Obviously the key would need to be magically enchanted and what not.

The key itself is made out of a newly discovered material called polymoriphine. When pressed up against  a surface the material molds to the shape. For example...the key would be a smooth with a blunt end. Like a tube with a squared end.

When pressed up to a keyhole to anything....such  as a treasure chest or a door,  the squared end of the key molds to that keyhole shape and can be slid into the  hole and opened. However the key doesnt cancel out any booby traps and it cant open magically sealed locks. Then the key can view through  the other side of the lock but to only a certain area and project the image on the other side to the handle of the key in the bearer's hand. The handle is wooden and has a glass orb on the end of it, where the images are projected.

Could be used to view the contents of chests, to see if enemies are lurking behind doors and etc.

Not all the keys are good though, there are some keys that project an obscurred image. As if the  key was cursed, the key would instead of projecting dead rats in a treasure chest, it would send a projection of priceless jewels and mounds of gold.

The glass orb on the key is very durable, but if broken the key turns useless. Unless magically mended.

yes yes...any other specifications I need to make?
"Personally I believe that the purple teletubby has the most potential to become the president.

Anything's better than George Dubya right?

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
Spy Key
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 07:39:22 AM »
Are they rare items,or the kind of thing you can get at the neighbourhood mage store across the corner? And do they come in varrying sizes and shapes for different kinds of keyholes?
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Spy Key
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
Nice idea. Very thievish! It doesn't unlock the door,nor cancel out any booby traps, but offers a window (perhaps obscure) inside.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Spy Key
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »
That is awesome for spying on woman's locker room enemies or trying to figure out who is in a meeting. Not to mention the lockpicking portion of it!!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.