llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fear plot...  (Read 734 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Monument

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Fear plot...
« on: August 03, 2005, 12:21:44 PM »
Bear in mind, all of this is just "a thought" and I honestly don't see any legitimate and acceptable way to get this into a plausible plot that won't stretch disbelief to the breaking point, but that's why I'm here in the "Flesh it out" forum.

I was watching "The Grudge" last night, pretty creepy movie.  It got me to thinking, what if you made up a plot of some sort based on the safest place being actually the most perilous.

What is the safest place(generally speaking), I asked myself, and the best I could come up with was "your mother's arms", so I got to thinking about what if your mothers arms wasn't as safe as you had hoped.

The problem here, at least from a plot standpoint is "Why?"  Whatever happens in the arms of mothers(consumption, violent damage, etc), why would it happen?  What could be behind a nefarious plot to turn children against their mothers by making their mother's arms an unsafe place?

I was thinking about an illusionist who makes up a new spell for population control or something, turning the arms of mothers into like this maw of death and destruction(at least that's the perception of the child), and the child then goes berserk and tries to escape, at which point the concerned mother goes, what the hell, and runs after the child ("what's wrong?") at which point the child attacks the mother.  

I'd appreciate some outside of the box thinking on this one, because there are obvious suspension of disbelief issues to address in a plot like this, but I am at a loss to solve them.
Monument

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Fear plot...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:42:07 PM »
May I recommend MoonHunter's article about horror effects in a game? It is a very good article and probably useful reading. There is a follow up article too, which can be found here: http://www.rpgcitadel.com/guild/index.php?topic=629.0
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Fear plot...
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 02:10:46 PM »
Your mother is a horrible demon shapeshifter, and when you run to her for comfort, she starts to press harder, and harder...

"Okay... Mom... Uh... That's a little.. tight!"
"Give Mommy a hug OR I'LL EAT YOUR SOUL!"
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist